• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So the Mega Man remix is by Keiichi Okabe. He's done a lot of great soundtracks, but of more recent note, he composed the Nier: Automata soundtrack.

NineS NineS

The rider never ends.
Just when you think it's over, Music Theory the Sequel is birthed.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
We probably won't get another square rep. If we did 2B might be possible, especially over Terra or Lara Croft (If the counts as Square)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Open your mind a bit.
-A talksprite of sorts in Spirit Mode.
-A render used during a loading screen.
-A render used to represent a stadium game, like some characters did in the 3DS version of 4.
-From a trailer (unlikely)

Go take a look at Greninja to see how even Ultimate, who has mastered renders can have damn boring renders. Could still work as Geno's render.
Trying to speculate on what it's used for is useless imo. But speculating on if it's used in any form or not is a bit useful.
>Let's speculate on how it can be true rather to see how it's false.

There a reason the Ken pictures leaks grew stronger you know? People tried to find things to disprove it,but it only made it stronger by itself.

I tell you.I would be estatic if that was the Geno model that was used, but I'm not the type of guy who try and fit my wish by blinding my view.

But I will let the benefits of doubts that there might be things where it could be used...but you have to admit that what I'm say isn't wrong. There is some nasty Problem with that model if it was used in some situations.

NineS

Smash Lord
So the Mega Man remix is by Keiichi Okabe. He's done a lot of great soundtracks, but of more recent note, he composed the Nier: Automata soundtrack.

NineS NineS
Wait.
This is the exact evidence I was looking for last night.

Sakurai must have known I was digging through NieR's composers and the composers of the songs we already have.
I suppose I'm a conspiracy theoriest now... If Keiichi Okabe is in, then there's a chance his company is involved in Smash Music too.. Meaning... Tin foil hats?
I think Emil heads have a better effect for conspiracists.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
This week's track is Flash Man from Mega Man 2.

I love this, I need an extension of this ASAP. Between this remix and the Central Highway remix from the 8.8 Direct, Mega Man music is in fantastic shape, and I can't wait to hear what else is in store once Ultimate releases.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>Let's speculate on how it can be true rather to see how it's false.

There a reason the Ken pictures leaks grew stronger you know? People tried to find things to disprove it,but it only made it stronger by itself.

I tell you.I would be estatic if that was the Geno model that was used, but I'm not the type of guy who try and fit my wish by blinding my view.

But I will let the benefits of doubts that there might be things where it could be used...but you have to admit that what I'm say isn't wrong. There is some nasty Problem with that model if it was used in some situations.
There's holes in my arguments, and yes there are definitely issues with the render. I'm not saying I believe it's real either; I'm saying very few are giving it any sort of credibility when it definitely has at least SOME ways it can be realistically used. Thanks for understanding.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
FFS guys I wasn't implying this could mean 2B has a chance, I just tagged NineS because it seemed obvious to do so.

The only tin foil hat you'll ever see me wearing is one with two tin foil hairs curling out of it with a tin-foil cape and a tin-foil rocket arm.

:bobomb:

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Maybe as karma for treating Yoshi's franchise horribly for being a "Mario sub-series," the next Square rep is actually Caim from Drakengard and not 2B because Nier is merely a "sub-series" of Drakengard...

Remember, treat ALL franchises equally...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, for ****'s sake, OF COURSE they would go back to another series that already was shown once. Well, since last time was disappointing, I have low expectations for this. Even if it's Mega Man.

Listens

my computer broke.png

Hey guys, my computer kinda broke after hearing some FIRE that just dropped, how are you guys this evening?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I still don't understand why they regurgitated Id: Purpose on the Smash Blog. it's literally the same song, butchered again. I wish we got something from a series that didn't have a song yet.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I don't think the music theory is real, but iirc isn't it supposed to be that series without a newcomer are the only ones to get music (minus when the newcomer is revealed)? Wouldn't this technically be for it and not against it because there likely won't be a mega man newcomer? I'm confused lol

(again, I don't think the music theory is real)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Getting around to actually buying the game. Have ridley and guide from amazon. Debating if i want the special edition of the game or not. Noticed the scalpers are out in force. Game is not worth 200 or 300 bucks.

But gamestop has copies. Buttt i cannot guarentee the game on the 7th without paying alot.in shipping.

Wonder if the special edition is worth it. I am using my gc controller anyway.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Mega Man easily has some of the best music in Smash, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Also, that's a pretty high user/guest count there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think the music theory is real, but iirc isn't it supposed to be that series without a newcomer are the only ones to get music (minus when the newcomer is revealed)? Wouldn't this technically be for it and not against it because there likely won't be a mega man newcomer? I'm confused lol

It's already been a corpse for a solid week, you don't really need to worry about what it was.

Oh yeah, this guy who's literally affiliated with Nintendo will leak the rest of the game for us for sure!! Losing a job means nothing for that sick 5 minutes of fame, baby.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

It relied on each franchise only getting one track.

Since franchises have gotten more than one track, there's no reason a franchise can't get a second song for a newcomer.

D

Deleted member

Welp, alongside with some ****ING FIRE music today, if there's already physical copies of this game, that only means one thing.

Smash Ultimate has finished development.

Kind of surprised Sakurai finished THIS early, but hey, they wanna get this out and not delay it. This is fantastic news to hear. Honestly, new info seems like it's right around the corner.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Getting around to actually buying the game. Have ridley and guide from amazon. Debating if i want the special edition of the game or not. Noticed the scalpers are out in force. Game is not worth 200 or 300 bucks.

But gamestop has copies. Buttt i cannot guarentee the game on the 7th without paying alot.in shipping.

scalpers are the main reason i finally joined the digital game bandwagon..

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
YES! FLASH MAN'S STAGE!

This is honestly one of my favorite Megaman stage themes, and I'm so glad to hear that it's getting a remix!

It sounds great too!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

It's not if you already have an adapter and controller. No game is worth that much more money for a steelbook

Flyboy

Smash Hero
....what if 2B is the mystery Square Enix rep???
I'd cry. I don't post nearly as much but I'd wager I want it just as much as NineS if not more. She's just such an impossible longshot that I dare not dream. I have to settle with slightly more down-to-earth choices.

...Like Neku.

:(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh boy. Nintendo better get on those reveals before someone leaks them.
Who the **** is gonna leak them? He's an affiliate, not some random junkie off the street who's begging for fame. If they did give out physical copies, they probably know who's related to it too. It's not worth the blacklist and virtually there's no risk unless it's like how the ESRB went and someone just steals pictures from someone and posts them online.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... does that mean reviewers have their copies already?
Watch an IGN employee come under fire for leaking the roster...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom