• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well since Smash Ultimate is done with development right now.

How many of you guys bet that he may be planning DLC characters right now? Seems now may be the ripe time.
Of course he is... and I'm pretty sure that either Steve or Geno (or both) is one of them

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me thinks it means it's done
The fact that it was rated many months before release didn't tell you that before?
Nor did the news that development was "wrapping up"?

Are there actually people who scalp you over a game and its amiibos...?

Good thing my family is orderin' stuff online.
Were you in a coma through the entirety of 2015?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What does it mean for a game to go gold? Isn't that when it sells a million records?
In practical terms, when they start printing the disks (or carts in this case.)

Shroob

Sup?
So wait. Lemme get this straight:

1. An apparently known source that leaked Cloud is saying a non-ken pic leak is legit.
2. Game goes gold and has physical carts already.
3. This dude somehow had access to part of the games main menu theme.

WTF is going on today??? We better get a direct announcement tmrw for Thursday. This **** is looking dangerous
The leaks have finally started to grow.

Not long until the whole pipe bursts.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know when we’ll see the next Nintendo direct for ultimate will be to conform all leaked characters either in October or the start of November

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Oh we have music from crunchii now?? Holy smokes we are getting REALLY close to some new info

LetterO

Smash Lord
IT'S COMING. THIS IS THE HIGH POINT. Y'all better get ready for some bombshells because now it's coming.

How many of you guys bet that he may be planning DLC characters right now? Seems like now may be the ripe time, and Rex and Pyra are probably the first being worked on.
Relating to DLC, I think Crash Bandicoot is probably really likely for a DLC character.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Wait, how does a picture of the box art mean the game’s gone gold? Am i missing something?
1. it's a nintendo affiliated dude that has it
2. Curchii uploaded a super clean rip of the main menu
3. a leak may be right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So a non-Ken image leak is legit.

How many Incenaroar pictures are out there? I don't think there were many.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Oh hey guys, what's goin-

>real leak among fakes leaks
>AND this happened:
So, uh... Crunchii (a music extension channel) somehow got access to Ultimate's menu theme...

He says he's unable to upload the full version. What the ****?
WHAT THE ****? Seriously, this is getting crazy. And not to mention that ken leak could be fake because someone who said that there are real leak among sea of fake leaks that we already saw confirms that it's not that leak.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember, don't jump down anyone's throats if they supported music theory before. It was merely a guess based on existing patterns, nothing more
But if they're preaching at me about how it's holy fact and I'm dumb for not believing the patterns you ain't stopping me dino lover. :4ness:

IT'S COMING. THIS IS THE HIGH POINT. Y'all better get ready for some bombshells because now it's coming.
Not really, we just had an abundance of things today. Nothing was really revealed in terms of new content, just proof that the game is in circulation already to trusted individuals.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Does anyone know when we’ll see the next Nintendo direct for ultimate will be to conform all leaked characters either in October or the start of November
Could be something tomorrow if rumblings are to be believed.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So wait. Lemme get this straight:

1. An apparently known source that leaked Cloud is saying a non-ken pic leak is legit.
2. Game goes gold and has physical carts already.
3. This dude somehow had access to part of the games main menu theme.

WTF is going on today??? We better get a direct announcement tmrw for Thursday. This **** is looking dangerous

Yeah, seems like the drought was the calm before the storm--we could be flooding in information any day now.

(famous last words)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So, uh... Crunchii (a music extension channel) somehow got access to Ultimate's menu theme...

This is why if Sakurai truly wants to avoid leaks we will see a final direct soon. This is just something small, but it's all gunna start coming out.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

How many of you guys bet that he may be planning DLC characters right now? Seems now may be the ripe time.
It seems very likely in my opinion, especially if they want to tease at least one before release. Who it will be, I won't try to predict, but it would be exciting nonetheless!

This version of the theme sounds really good, I could see myself taking a moment in between matches/modes to soak in this track. Since he's uploaded this, I'm hoping he'll upload a clean version of the Central Highway remix eventually...

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Just FYI for everyone posting the Crunchii music - youtube is having server crashes right now. I can't even listen to Baby Shark 10 Hours.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

holy **** that's gooooooood
Two absolute bangers for the price of one tonight

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Ok... So basically the game is finished! But somehow someone has the game already?

And now there is a leak for the menu music! Oh boy, I have to wonder the rumor for the Direct this Thursday or Friday is true or not...

D

Deleted member

Honestly, with people starting to get Smash Ultimate ads now in their feeds VERY recently, it kind of adds more validity to Smash going gold right now.
The ads, people getting physical copies...

It's time boys.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think that the event at Arcade MTL on Thursday night is for the press to be able to play the full version of Smash Ultimate. That's most likely why they claimed that no one is allowed to stream or publicly discuss the game that will be featured that night; Nintendo seems to want people playing it as early as possible in order to get feedback and early testimony, while closing off any information that may not be revealed before that point. All of the pieces are falling into place, these next few days will be very interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo? What happen? By the time I've finished my homework, this blew up...What is going on?
1. Guess Who? - featuring a literal who leaker from eons ago
2. We know trusted Nintendo affiliates have the game.
3. A guy posted a snippet of the [supposedly final] menu music through unknown means.
4. people are panicking like its December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom