• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Now we need a list of every video game IP SE owns. Even stuff like Gex
Every IP. Every character in those IPs. Including the most obscure. And then get rid of them by the process of elimination.
Long story short.
Sora is a Disney Characters legally. But Tetsuya Nomura/Square-Enix are the one managing him as a character and all that stuff. So if Sora gets in, Disney give the greenlight but Square-Enix do all of the work.

Honestly I feel it VERY GOOD for a Dragon Quest Characters. Heck, I even have hope for Crono or Neku now.
It's the fact that it could be a character no one could normally see coming that makes this exciting. I mean, aside from the fact that for once this raises the possibility of it being a Square Enix rep people hardly talk about in Smash speculation, it could be any well-known or decently popular Square Enix character.

And unless Vergeben decides to release another statement on it, we're free to pick a few characters and place our bets on who it could possibly be. And we most likely get Geno on top of that.

The fact that Vergeben said this character may or may not be DLC also raises another possibility. Going off of what Sakurai has said in the past, he wouldn't think of DLC unless the game is finished. And seeing as the game is already rated, and how close we are to release, we can assume it's finished.
This means that this Square Enix character might've been a last minute addition that went on to become early DLC instead so we wouldn't have a delay.

Or I may be turning into a blind optimist.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't think what Verg said in relation to Geno means anything, because I don't actually think he knows for sure who the SE character is, the only hint he has at it comes from someone who's not one of his regular sources and approached Verg himself, so who knows the credibility of that person. To me it just sounds like Verg is giving his own take on the situation, he's saying things like 'probably' and 'that's not to say', like he doesn't actually know the ins and outs of the situation, just that something like it is happening, and then he's theorizing how it's probably going down, which isn't based on his actual insider information.
Nah. He have the list of Characters that are thrown around now. The "he have one name" is old news. And it seems to come from his trusted source

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, what's interesting about the datamines is we did actually have information on all the DLC characters to begin with. Or most of them. I think it was just Roy and Ryu, but not Lucas. We actually had a proper datamine that indicated files for Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin to begin with. The people who datamined it didn't release the information to keep it a surprise(especially due to the previous one ruining a lot of it for the first trio of DLC fighters). They released the data later.

Sakurai had the data added early on in both cases. I hope he uses more placeholder files in the future. Of course, it still tells us stuff, but at least not who, which helps... a bit.

Also, the TWEWY thing? Cool Smash reference, but beyond that, I wouldn't expect Nekuu in Smash either way. Geno easily has a one-up on him, though he's the only actual SE-owned character that is easy to get. Sora is Disney, and Slime would still take more than one company to get(possibly less companies than the various DQ Heroes, but that depends who designed all the various monsters and such).

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Here’s a question: if they were to give us a demo, what would it contain? Would it be the E3 demo again? Or would have only the original 8 and a handful of stages?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Actually, what's interesting about the datamines is we did actually have information on all the DLC characters to begin with. Or most of them. I think it was just Roy and Ryu, but not Lucas.
Lucas was there actually. Nobody was freaking out about it though because the update with that data was after he was already revealed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nah. He have the list of Characters that are thrown around now. The "he have one name" is old news.
That doesn't really get him any closer to knowing who the SE rep is though, who knows how many characters are on that list, or if the real one is even on there.

All Verg's post is saying is that they're not going to fire anyone just because Geno's name is out there, because it's such a common name to include in leaks that they can't be certain that it traces back to anyone in particular. That's what he means when he's saying that they're not going to take him as seriously as say someone like Terra, who doesn't appear in many leaks and could more reliably be traced back to someone who they've fed that information. But again, it's also just Verg's own theory, whenever he's not saying anything for certain and uses a bunch of maybe words it's usually just his own speculations, which has created quite a bit of confusion in the past. I really don't think it's something that's worth trying to read into too much.

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Let's bring this back!

Pipedream:
KOS-MOS
Banjo & Kazooie (I mean...you know)
Captain Rainbow
Commander Shepard
Banjo and Kazooie are DEFINITELY not pipedream. Unpopular opinion here, I think they're going to be base game.

Also that leak is confirmed fake. Geno is a Smash 4 mod. Check PushDustin's twitter (might have to scroll down a lot) if you want proof.

NineS

Smash Lord
Here’s a question: if they were to give us a demo, what would it contain? Would it be the E3 demo again? Or would have only the original 8 and a handful of stages?
If they gave us a demo, I feel it'd be the E3 demo with slight changes instead of the actual starters you'll get in Ultimate, similar to what they did for Smash 3DS' demo.

idk but the incineroar looks like it's offical art, a weird pose for Pokemon and Geno looks like it's Mii Costume in Smash 4
It was confirmed fake.

That doesn't really get him any closer to knowing who the SE rep is though, who knows how many characters are on that list, or if the real one is even on there.

All Verg's post is saying is that they're not going to fire anyone just because Geno's name is out there, because it's such a common name to include in leaks that they can't be certain that it traces back to anyone in particular. That's what he means when he's saying that they're not going to take him as seriously as say someone like Terra, who doesn't appear in many leaks and could more reliably be traced back to someone who they've fed that information. But again, it's also just Verg's own theory, whenever he's not saying anything for certain and uses a bunch of maybe words it's usually just his own speculations, which has created quite a bit of confusion in the past. I really don't think it's something that's worth trying to read into too much.
I agree with you on some points, but the fact Vergeben is choosing not to confirm or deny that it is Geno is what confuses me. He isn't denying that Geno is one of the characters he's been told, but he also isn't confirming that it is. Add on top of the fact what he said about the character being a character that he feels will be best for everyone if revealed naturally, similar to what Legendary Spirit Tamer said about what the dataminers chose to do with some of the data, with characters that no one truly foresaw, but were in despite everyone's expectations.

Again, this isn't to say that Geno won't be in Smash, as I believe he will be in regardless if it's the character Verge is leaking.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucas was there actually. Nobody was freaking out about it though because the update with that data was after he was already revealed.
I knew something felt off...

Banjo and Kazooie are DEFINITELY not pipedream. Unpopular opinion here, I think they're going to be base game.

Also that leak is confirmed fake. Geno is a Smash 4 mod. Check PushDustin's twitter (might have to scroll down a lot) if you want proof.
They're not some easy guarantee for base. DLC actually is more likely since it would allow Microsoft to make money off of the dead IP.

They are around pipedream area, though. It's not as simple as people make it to begin with. Phil Spencer is one person and speaks for himself. That still leaves Sakurai to want them in, Microsoft to be okay with it, and Nintendo to be okay with it. 4 sets of people need to agree here, and only 1 has at this point. They're possible, of course, but not all that likely.

Also, please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, I don't think Ash Greninja would even be in if it weren't for him being obtainable in Pokemon Sun and Moon. I don't think we'll get any music directly from the anime.
I mean, even the one from the demo was heavily implied to be the very same one from the anime, with the OT ID being Ash as well as the date it got obtained being the same date Ash got his Froakie. Not to mention that Ash-Greninja was specifically designed for the anime and only made it into the games due to its popularity there.

Though who knows how far Sakurai is willing to take the whole "no non videogame originating content" rule to heart since he's been quite lenient on including content from the Pokemon anime since Melee with Misty's trophy being based off her anime design, or even the pokemon saying their own names since the original Smash 64.

Still though, would be neat to get Ash-Greninja's theme if they decided to go the extra mile.

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I knew something felt off...

They're not some easy guarantee for base. DLC actually is more likely since it would allow Microsoft to make money off of the dead IP.

They are around pipedream area, though. It's not as simple as people make it to begin with. Phil Spencer is one person and speaks for himself. That still leaves Sakurai to want them in, Microsoft to be okay with it, and Nintendo to be okay with it. 4 sets of people need to agree here, and only 1 has at this point. They're possible, of course, but not all that likely.

Also, please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)
I understand where you're coming from, but there are a lot of things leading up to Banjo getting in. I admit I'm unable to post them now, but I should be able to post the evidence later.

Also sorry for the double post.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't think what Verg said in relation to Geno means anything, because I don't actually think he knows for sure who the SE character is, the only hint he has at it comes from someone who's not one of his regular sources and approached Verg himself, so who knows the credibility of that person. To me it just sounds like Verg is giving his own take on the situation, he's saying things like 'probably' and 'that's not to say', like he doesn't actually know the ins and outs of the situation, just that something like it is happening, so he's theorizing how it's probably going down, which isn't based on his actual insider information.
this was my take on it essentially.

I tried to dissect it from all angles initially, here are several different ways you COULD look at it:

deconfirming geno (i want him but i want to be realistic about my expectations as well) because he says geno and wouldnt say who it is cause of jobs.
that this actually confirms geno IS a name hes heard, or even hinting geno is THE name hes heard without saying it directly by only naming geno.
that the character has to be obscure cause square will just ignore the popular characters being "leaked"
that even if the character wasnt obscure, he'd keep it to himself cause jobs are on the line.
with incineroar he said it wasnt mimique/decidueye/lycanroc so why not deconfirm some square reps if hes sure who it ISNT? i think hes still unsure.

theres SO many ways you can read into this but honestly i think it was just vergeben speculating the square character situation, and reading into it yields too many conspiracy level theories AND you can use the same statement to make a counter conspiracy theory when it IS worded as purely speculation as best as a leaker like vergeben can give without being read into (the way he wrote that sounds like hes trying to cover all possibilities so no one takes it like fact "probably"/"thats not to say" etc... his wording is purposely speculative).

if vergeben gives us legitimate info on who it is, ill drop my geno bias (legit id just assume hed be dlc eventually anyway if the square rep is someone else, i really think hes going to be in and i dont mind waiting longer if thats the case) but until vergeben says who it ISNT or who it IS im not going to go down the rabbit hole with his geno mention post.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I understand where you're coming from, but there are a lot of things leading up to Banjo getting in. I admit I'm unable to post them now, but I should be able to post the evidence later.

Also sorry for the double post.
I do think Banjo and Kazooie are likely, but I still see them fairing a better chance as DLC.

Also, yeah, I was going to warn you about that double posting thing but I was too slow. I learned about double posting the hard way.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Honestly, I don't think Ash Greninja would even be in if it weren't for him being obtainable in Pokemon Sun and Moon. I don't think we'll get any music directly from the anime.
Smash would never get music from the anime, not even the English dub can get it!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I agree with you on some points, but the fact Vergeben is choosing not to confirm or deny that it is Geno is what confuses me. He isn't denying that Geno is one of the characters he's been told, but he also isn't confirming that it is. Add on top of the fact what he said about the character being a character that he feels will be best for everyone if revealed naturally, similar to what Legendary Spirit Tamer said about what the dataminers chose to do with some of the data, with characters that no one truly foresaw, but were in despite everyone's expectations.

Again, this isn't to say that Geno won't be in Smash, as I believe he will be in regardless if it's the character Verge is leaking.
He's keeping things vague because he doesn't want to risk anyone's jobs, that's also part of what he means when he says it's best if the character is revealed naturally, Verg is obviously on everyone's radar and as such anything he says could have a lot of consequences given how hard Square slams down on leaks. Again, I don't think he actually knows who it specifically is, and because of the situation I'm not sure he's going to dig deeper either as he's also interested in protecting his sources. He might have a list of candidates, but chances are it's not that different from the candidates we're already speculating about.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think what Verg said in relation to Geno means anything, because I don't actually think he knows for sure who the SE character is, the only hint he has at it comes from someone who's not one of his regular sources and approached Verg himself, so who knows the credibility of that person. To me it just sounds like Verg is giving his own take on the situation, he's saying things like 'probably' and 'that's not to say', like he doesn't actually know the ins and outs of the situation, just that something like it is happening, so he's theorizing how it's probably going down, which isn't based on his actual insider information.
Verg's statements sound like Geno has basically cemented himself as the new Ridley/K.Rool, somebody that everyone and their grandma puts in fake leaks so it'd pretty much be impossible for posts on him to be policed without it drawing a lot of attention. You even have high profile channels like Game Explain flat out expecting him at this point so trying to quash that has basically become impossible, nevermind the avalanche of speculation videos made by minor channels. He's basically a +1 for Smash speculation at the moment because most people expect him either in the base roster or DLC with very few expecting him to totally miss the boat.

Add in: Verge is also likely not confirming or denying anything because he's by far seen as the most credible leaker in this speculation cycle and anything concrete would likely make him and his sources targets, especially if Square Enix is as serious about punishing leakers as he implies.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I mean, even the one from the demo was heavily implied to be the very same one from the anime, with the OT ID being Ash as well as the date it got obtained being the same date Ash got his Froakie. Not to mention that Ash-Greninja was specifically designed for the anime and only made it into the games due to its popularity there.

Though who knows how far Sakurai is willing to take the whole "no non videogame originating content" rule to heart since he's been quite lenient on including content from the Pokemon anime since Melee with Misty's trophy being based off her anime design, or even the pokemon saying their own names since the original Smash 64.

Still though, would be neat to get Ash-Greninja's theme if they decided to go the extra mile.
The restriction on non-video game content applies solely to third-party content due to licensing.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I do think Banjo and Kazooie are likely, but I still see them fairing a better chance as DLC.

Also, yeah, I was going to warn you about that double posting thing but I was too slow. I learned about double posting the hard way.
If Banjo wasn't base, then I'd think he'd be one of the likeliest for DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash would never get music from the anime, not even the English dub can get it!
The only music Smash could ever get is some of the instrumental-based OST at best because it's worldwide. Otherwise you need to get a rendition of the song for each region.

Also, that's not why. They could've easily gotten that if they wanted to. It's because they were in Japanese and people in the English speaking regions wouldn't understand any of it. How are they supposed to get kids into the show if they can't understand the lyrics at all. Especially since the first one is about catching 'em all, friendship, and defending the world. It's been tradition to keep unique dub theme songs even after 4Kids was removed from the equation(and they made great theme songs too).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I think it's less of an unpopular opinion that they're in the base game, and more unpopular to say they were popular N64 characters, which boggles my mind. It's weird how as a casual Smash fan, pre-2015 everybody I heard said "Banjo should have been in, but it's impossible", to "Microsoft's likely in, but nobody cares about Banjo." Yet every piece of evidence since 2015 has said the contrary. But that's where a lot of subjectivity is.

As for their base game chances, these are the reasons why I think it's likely (but by no means certain):
- Spencer's tweet in 2015 as well as their popularity having a resurgence in 2015, being in the top 10 of many polls, the same time frame as the ballot (which Sakurai has said he's used for some characters, like King K Rool)
- Microsoft has gone back to their N64 designs this year--I can't see that being a Microsoft/Rare decision, but it sounds more like a Sakurai decision
- Verge says Minecraft content is in, so Microsoft's probably in Ultimate--it's difficult to see Nintendo/Sakurai only going to Microsoft without a character, though it depends on when talks started happening.

There are many things that make me suspicious that they're not in, particularly all the reasons are inferred rather than anything direct, and we're getting close so I have a feeling the only characters left could be all the ones Verge said is probably in (i.e., Incineroar, Ken, SE rep). And there are other reasons, not for their chances, but why it seems like the perfect time for them--their 20th anniversary, the rumored N64 Classic would be excellent with Rare content. But it's certainly not a pipe dream any more. :upsidedown:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ipated_holiday_release_according_to_us_survey

Suffice it to say, a delay would only hurt excitement for this game.

This is why asking for the Team Rocket trio won't seem so impossible these days, since they've shown up in official Japanese-originated game releases twice now (Puzzle League doesn't count).

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I think it's less of an unpopular opinion that they're in the base game, and more unpopular to say they were popular N64 characters, which boggles my mind. It's weird how as a casual Smash fan, pre-2015 everybody I heard said "Banjo should have been in, but it's impossible", to "Microsoft's likely in, but nobody cares about Banjo." Yet every piece of evidence since 2015 has said the contrary. But that's where a lot of subjectivity is.

As for their base game chances, these are the reasons why I think it's likely (but by no means certain):
- Spencer's tweet in 2015 as well as their popularity having a resurgence in 2015, being in the top 10 of many polls, the same time frame as the ballot (which Sakurai has said he's used for some characters, like King K Rool)
- Microsoft has gone back to their N64 designs this year--I can't see that being a Microsoft/Rare decision, but it sounds more like a Sakurai decision
- Verge says Minecraft content is in, so Microsoft's probably in Ultimate--it's difficult to see Nintendo/Sakurai only going to Microsoft without a character, though it depends on when talks started happening.

There are many things that make me suspicious that they're not in, particularly all the reasons are inferred rather than anything direct, and we're getting close so I have a feeling the only characters left could be all the ones Verge said is probably in (i.e., Incineroar, Ken, SE rep). And there are other reasons, not for their chances, but why it seems like the perfect time for them--their 20th anniversary, the rumored N64 Classic would be excellent with Rare content. But it's certainly not a pipe dream any more. :upsidedown:
Good points. I think one of the biggest points for Banjo's inclusion is the fact that he's probably the most requested character left. If he wasn't, then he would be pretty close to whoever's first (Geno?).

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Also, that's not why. They could've easily gotten that if they wanted to. It's because they were in Japanese and people in the English speaking regions wouldn't understand any of it. How are they supposed to get kids into the show if they can't understand the lyrics at all. Especially since the first one is about catching 'em all, friendship, and defending the world. It's been tradition to keep unique dub theme songs even after 4Kids was removed from the equation(and they made great theme songs too).
I'm not talking the opening songs they literally change all the background music except Team Rocket's theme and replace it with crappy, boring music that doesn't suit the scene at all. Pokemon XYZ was ruined in the English dub because it didn't have the epic Ash-Greninja theme whenever he transformed it was just replaced with the bad crappy music.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Banjo's probably the #1 Boomer choice now that Ridley and K. Rool are in. Banjo's important for a variety of reasons and his inclusion would be on par with Snake in Brawl and Cloud in SSB4. He's one of those reveals that would barely leave any dry eyes so I feel like he's going to be the big DLC reveal.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Banjo's probably the #1 Boomer choice now that Ridley and K. Rool are in. Banjo's important for a variety of reasons and his inclusion would be on par with Snake in Brawl and Cloud in SSB4. He's one of those reveals that would barely leave any dry eyes so I feel like he's going to be the big DLC reveal.
I mean, he could be base and make just the same impact.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ipated_holiday_release_according_to_us_survey

Suffice it to say, a delay would only hurt excitement for this game.

This is why asking for the Team Rocket trio won't seem so impossible these days, since they've shown up in official Japanese-originated game releases twice now (Puzzle League doesn't count).
I remember something about Pokemon Trainer representing any Pokemon trainer or something, but I don't know if that includes Team Rocket/Grunt/Etc. The only question is how'd they work: Like Pokemon Trainer or do they fight on their own??

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Good points. I think one of the biggest points for Banjo's inclusion is the fact that he's probably the most requested character left. If he wasn't, then he would be pretty close to whoever's first (Geno?).
Banjo Kazooie being the most requested is a bit of a stretch and opinionated (Other characters like Isaac were heavily requested and that we did not know who place in the ballot), but they are really popular and requested. They have a good shot making in as base or DLC. I will be really happy for their inclusion, same with Steve.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo Kazooie being the most requested is a bit of a stretch and opinionated (Other characters like Isaac were heavily requested and that we did not know who place in the ballot), but they are really popular and requested. They have a good shot making in as base or DLC. I will be really happy for their inclusion, same with Steve.
Uh... Geno? Isaac?
I think the "probably" indicates that it's an opinion and it's difficult to say one way or the other who's the "most popular" which itself is the subjective viewpoint of the fans who vote in these polls (a small subset of the larger Smash and Nintendo fanbase). Geno, Isaac, Banjo have been the main three I've seen in polls, discussions, and were also all in the top 3 of the Reddit poll that happened recently. There's subjectivity in speculation--that's what makes it fun. If it was all objective and fact base we wouldn't have differing views or anything to talk about. :p

Not gonna happen but the Hoenn Elite Four theme in the Anime is awesome, by far my favourite Pokemon theme, I'd kill for it to be in Smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgfk6gM6N74

Fast paced, catchy, great rhythm and has a finale type feel to it. Oh and it has people clapping in it too.

One can never have enough trumpets/french horns in their life.

I got a topic for ya'll.

Who are your pipedream characters? Meaning characters who are next to impossible.
Mine are Fossil Fighter, Master Chief, Badge Bunny, and Vaati.
Bub and Bob(Bubble Bobble)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Earthworm Jim
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Team Rocket w Meowth (Pokemon)

I
Being in the mainstream with merchandise and promotional materials related to the series can only be seen as a positive as well.

Its a shame Rare took the series in the direction they did with Nuts and Bolts, it nearly killed the franchise, but thankfully there is a heartbeat!

Lets hope they can rise again like Grunty did in Tooie.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Assuming the Vergeben character we get is Geno, that just leaves Isaac and Banjo. I could see Banjo being DLC if we have some kind of Minecraft representation in the base game (stage/assist), and seeing as relevancy didn't matter for K Rool, maybe Isaac could also get in there if he was truly requested enough in the Smash 4 era (his assist having not been present in Smash 4)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... random question, aside from Incineroar, do you guys think we'll get some characters that are not really that requested that much?
I mean Sakurai likes to throw a couple curve balls at us

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like there would have been more rumblings of Banjo's inclusion if he were in the base roster. Plus, he's one of those "dream" third party characters that fans would happily open their wallets for so I don't think Nintendo would pass that up. Like Geno, he's kind of a literal who for younger gamers (the fact that Nuts and Bolts was nearly a decade ago makes me want to day drink) so I think they'll really play up his inclusion and probably package him with a stage, maybe Mii costumes if those are still a thing.

NineS

Smash Lord

Assuming the Vergeben character we get is Geno, that just leaves Isaac and Banjo. I could see Banjo being DLC if we have some kind of Minecraft representation in the base game (stage/assist), and seeing as relevancy didn't matter for K Rool, maybe Isaac could also get in there if he was truly requested enough in the Smash 4 era (his assist having not been present in Smash 4)
Looking at this, it's still mind-blowing to see so many fan favorites and amazing characters finally coming together in one game.

It's literally becoming everything we've ever wanted combined into one.
I just wonder.. Now that we have gotten these amazing characters we have been asking for since melee and brawl, what will people begin to cheer on next? What will become "the next Ridley/K. Rool/Geno" of the years of Smash to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom