• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'd like more legal stages.

No more animal crossing...

NO MORE
I mean, that's definitely going to happen with Ultimate and stages like FoD, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Yoshi's Story, Hazardless Frigate and Stadium and Warioware, and PLENTY of others with potential thanks to hazard toggle.

The problem comes down to us having TOO many now. Stage bans before a match are gonna be a massive pain.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean, that's definitely going to happen with Ultimate and stages like FoD, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Hazardless Frigate and Stadium and Warioware, and PLENTY of others with potential thanks to hazard toggle.

The problem comes down to us having TOO many now. Stage bans are gonna be a massive pain.
I remember that Yoshi's Story is legal in Melee, especially with the Randall shenanigans (which believe it or not is predictable to some extent)

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Yokai Watch isn't first party though, and is on the decline in terms of popularity. Also, Sora would likely be our SE Rep over Lara Croft due to his immense popularity and iconic status. At the very least he'd be in over Yokai Watch as he is more popular than Jibanyan in Japan. That's just one of many flaws (lack of fan favorites such as Isaac, relevant characters like Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong, popular third parties like Lloyd Irving, Phoenix Wright, etc alongside Sora).

This is overall disappointing, and it's funny if you think we're getting only four characters.
First off, thanks for pointing out Yokai-Watch is a third party franchise. The games are usually published by Nintendo, so I had a small mixup there.

Secondly, I never said I thought we were getting only four characters, I was just replying to the theoretical. I'd imagine we'd be seeing DLC for a looong time after this, at least until the end of the Switch's life.

I omitted Sora for two reasons in this scenario: One, Sora is owned by Disney, not Square Enix. This makes him a bit more of an IP nightmare. Not to say it's impossible, but that it would be a bit more difficult to get a hold of rights-wise than something like Lara Croft, who is owned exclusively by a company already working with Nintendo. Secondly, Sora is an incredibly popular character to the Smash community, but I had chosen Lara specifically for her broader appeal. She's a well known gaming icon and not considered by the usual suspects of speculation, which is why as the end off to a (theoretical mind you) list of four DLC characters, she'd be a good choice.

It's funny, because Jibanyan and Lara aren't characters I'm particularly interested in personally; however, I find that they fit in nicely in the sense of DLC that we've seen in the past. And for a list of fan favorites, of course, there's big names missing, I doubt there's a scenario where that wouldn't happen, but this endgame would leave us a nice, solid list of long time fan requests. Ridley, King K. Rool, Geno, Banjo Kazooie, and a Rhythm Heaven rep are all things the Smash community has been asking for for a VERY long time. Not to shabby in the end, imo.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
And what's great is that they can still include the racing as a substantial part of the game. Since it's open world you can choose whether you want to focus on the bounty hunting missions or the F-Zero races on the various planets, allowing both fans of the classic F-Zero gameplay and those who are more interested in experiencing the world and characters of the series to both fully enjoy the game. I know some people don't like the idea of an F-Zero game that's not all about racing, but I really think that not only would it have the potential to turn out great, but that it could really breathe some much-needed new life into the series and essentially go down as the Awakening of sorts for the series.
I was thinking that too. There would still be racing. The point is, driving an F-Zero machine is still vital to the gameplay.

Now I've seen people suggest an action packed Captain Falcon game like Bayonetta... Are these people crazy? It goes to show how little they know about Captain Falcon or the F-Zero universe. They just know Captian Falcon from Smash Bros. and want a game about Smash Falcon. But that would be a great disservice to the F-Zero universe. Falcon and the universe of F-Zero are nothing like what these people imagine. Falcon doesn't do anything in his own universe like he does in Smash, (with the exception of the Falcon Punch in the anime which is not canon). There are so many great characters in F-Zero and a rich world to explore to just throw that all away for a Bayonetta styled Falcon game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I mean, that's definitely going to happen with Ultimate and stages like FoD, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Yoshi's Story, Hazardless Frigate and Stadium and Warioware, and PLENTY of others with potential thanks to hazard toggle.

The problem comes down to us having TOO many now. Stage bans before a match are gonna be a massive pain.
Hazardless Unova Pokemon League is something that I'll hopefully be able to look forward to.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I remember that Yoshi's Story is legal in Melee, especially with the Randall shenanigans (which believe it or not is predictable to some extent)
Yeah like I said, plenty of other stages. I just don't want to list them all because there are SO MANY now, haha.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, with them casually dropping Ash-Greninja on us (without any screenshots or footage unfortunately) I hope they add this theme into the game too while their at it.
Honestly, I don't think Ash Greninja would even be in if it weren't for him being obtainable in Pokemon Sun and Moon. I don't think we'll get any music directly from the anime.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
You all do realize that it's not "seven updates that add four characters and three new stages" but "seven updates that each add four new characters and three new stages, right?

Update 1: The Latecomers
Characters:
  • Isaac
  • Geno
  • Steve
  • Shadow
Stages:
  • Venus Lighthouse
  • Star Road
  • New World
Update 2: The Up-And-Coming
Characters:
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Spring Man
  • Euden/Katalina
  • Octoling
Stages:
  • Mor Ardain
  • ARMS Arena
  • The Halidom/Granblue Stage
Update 3: Helping Hands
Characters:
  • Dixie Kong
  • Bandana Dee
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Sora
Stages:
  • Dive to the Heart
  • Sunset Shore
  • Click Clock Woods
Update 4: The Artists' Work
Characters:
  • Paper Mario
  • Chorus Kids
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Lloyd Irving
Stages:
  • Rhythm Heaven (similar to Warioware)
  • Yggdrasil
  • Chibi-Robo stage
Update 5: Heroes and Villains
Characters:
  • Skull Kid
  • Heihachi
  • Elma
  • Phoenix Wright
Stages:
  • Planet Mira
  • The Courthouse
  • Tekken Stage
Update 6: A Rag-Tag Band
Characters:
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Dante
  • Tetra/Toon Zelda
  • Edelgard/FE Three Houses Rep
Stages:
  • No More Heroes Stage
  • DMC Stage
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses Stage
Update 7: The Ultimate Finale
Characters:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • DOOM Guy
  • Waluigi
  • Tails
Stages:
  • Crash Bandicoot Stage
  • Hell
  • Mario Sports Stage
Around the fifth update I got hard pressed for characters and really had to think about them. The later updates (4 onwards) can have newer Nintendo characters or third party promotions subbed in. This would truly be the Ultimate Smash game if this were the case though.
Oh my god OP wanted 28 characters and I didn't even realize it. Oh my goodness.

Shroob

Sup?
>Ash-Greninja
>Ash's Kalos ace
>Torracat's going to evolve
>Incineroar heavily leaked at
>Both would be Ash's Pokemon

Galaxythink

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ash is getting his own eevee as well which clearly isnt totally going to evolve into a gen 8 eevee evolution or anything just like every other eevee marketed in the anime

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys I finally found a list of 28 characters that will satisfy every Smash fan there is.
1.Ninten
2.Lloyd
3.Ana
4.Teddy
5.EVE
6.Jeff
7.Paula
8.Poo
9.Andonuts
10. Kumatora
11. Duster
12. Poo
13. Dungeon Man (When Dungeon Man is fighting on Magicant, Alfonzo takes his place. Alfonzo: Leave it to me!)
14. Porky
15. Masked Man
16. Flying Man
17. Lier X. Agerate.
18. Salsa, Samba echo
19. Fassad
20. The Third Strongest Mole, (Six echo fighters: Each the Third Strongest Mole)
21. Buzz Buzz
22. Giygas
23. Pippi
24. Ness's Dad, Ninten's Dad Echo
25. Ness's Mom, Ninten's Mom Echo
26. The Pizza Guy
27. Apple Kid, Orange Kid Echo
28. Freddy from Five Nights at Freddy's

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm really excited to play at Donkey Kong in this game. Not just for the expression upgrades, he just looks great in general.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

NineS

Smash Lord
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77090191

Found it in this thread, supposedly they are saying it is in the Switch Verson of TWEWY. Others saying it was in 3DS version as well and doesn't mean anything
And here we see what may possibly be the birth of another theory.
The Neku in Smash theory.

I'm going to have to be safe and assume this was also in the 3DS version. Aside from that, even though it greatly resembles the Smash Logo, it isn't exact. I suppose it still could count regardless though, it it's only in the Switch version.

Interesting find nonetheless.

But to be on the extra safe side, is there anyone who has the DS/3DS version of this game who can confirm it? Or else I'm going to have to dig through gameplay.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Randall follows a consistent pattern. If you're experienced enough, you can look at the timer and figure out where Randall is. There's absolutely no random nature to his movement at all.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I'm going to have to be safe and assume this was also in the 3DS version. Aside from that, even though it greatly resembles the Smash Logo, it isn't exact. I suppose it still could count regardless though, it it's only in the Switch version.

The two bars are in the wrong position, and are of the wrong widths.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's what I was implying... :yoshi:
Sorry, I'm tired and read "believe it" as "I believe" so I thought you weren't sure.
The two bars are in the wrong position, and are of the wrong widths.
If you rotate it, all that's noticeably wrong are the line thicknesses. Positioning is still slightly off but not too bad.
The World Ends With Smash.png

Regardless of if it was in the DS version, I don't see it as meaning anything for Ultimate.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sorry, I'm tired and read "believe it" as "I believe" so I thought you weren't sure.

If you rotate it, all that's noticeably wrong are the line thicknesses.
View attachment 169444
Regardless of if it was in the DS version, I don't see it as meaning anything for Ultimate.
The horizontal bar is also noticeably too high.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

But to be on the extra safe side, is there anyone who has the DS/3DS version of this game who can confirm it? Or else I'm going to have to dig through gameplay.
That is not in the DS or Mobile versions, I'm 90% certain. I've played the game almost 6 times and seriously don't remember it. I think that's a part of Final Remixes new story.

Of course, still doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's just a large cross in front of the moon.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man this would be some serious **** if it actually meant Neku getting into Smash. It doesn't of course, but it would be hilarious if it did.

We've waited more than half a decade to find out what the image teased at the end of Solo Remix means, and Final Remix seems to finally be feeding those of us starving for a continuation, and after all this waiting... It ends up being an advertisement for Neku in Smash, 5+ years in the making.

I would honestly be equal parts thrilled and extraordinarily frustrated.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Man this would be some serious **** if it actually meant Neku getting into Smash. It doesn't of course, but it would be hilarious if it did.

We've waited more than half a decade to find out what the image teased at the end of Solo Remix means, and Final Remix seems to finally be feeding those of us starving for a continuation, and after all this waiting... It ends up being an advertisement for Neku in Smash, 5+ years in the making.

I would honestly be equal parts thrilled and extraordinarily frustrated.
Don't get your hopes up for Neku. At least, not because of this.

I did some digging through some playthroughs of the original.

It's quite clearly there. Difficult to see due to the interface, but still there.

I'm afraid this means nothing for Neku.

Unless they've been hinting at him since 2007 for Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Well, with them casually dropping Ash-Greninja on us (without any screenshots or footage unfortunately) I hope they add this theme into the game too while their at it.
Come to think of it, if Ash-Greninja is now in Smash, Original Cap Pikachu when?
200px-025Pikachu-Original.png

I mean Pikachu's always been a cap fanatic in Smash anyway, and this is just as canon to the games as Ash-Greninja, and with a heaping helping of extra nostalgia and fanservice included, to boot.

NineS

Smash Lord
56 days.... It doesn't seem that long.

....but the longer we go without a Direct, the worse it's going to feel.
We just need some sort of semi-important announcement to hold us over. The date of the next Direct, even if it were one or two weeks away, could keep us busy for a while and keep us satisfied. Of course, them announcing a direct that far ahead of time is unlikely.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Okay guys I finally found a list of 28 characters that will satisfy every Smash fan there is.
1.Ninten
2.Lloyd
3.Ana
4.Teddy
5.EVE
6.Jeff
7.Paula
8.Poo
9.Andonuts
10. Kumatora
11. Duster
12. Poo
13. Dungeon Man (When Dungeon Man is fighting on Magicant, Alfonzo takes his place. Alfonzo: Leave it to me!)
14. Porky
15. Masked Man
16. Flying Man
17. Lier X. Agerate.
18. Salsa, Samba echo
19. Fassad
20. The Third Strongest Mole, (Six echo fighters: Each the Third Strongest Mole)
21. Buzz Buzz
22. Giygas
23. Pippi
24. Ness's Dad, Ninten's Dad Echo
25. Ness's Mom, Ninten's Mom Echo
26. The Pizza Guy
27. Apple Kid, Orange Kid Echo
28. Freddy from Five Nights at Freddy's

Thank you for putting Lloyd so high ;P

Shroob

Sup?
Depression talking:

:drsad:

I'm really just ready for this cycle to be over, frankly.

I haven't found it fun, at all.

The blessed part about it is that it's exceptionally short this time, but even in that ridiculously short amount of time, we've all seemed to **** it up with all these arbitrary fan theories from Boxes to Chairs to Music to Blog posts, and at this point, things just aren't fun anymore.

I'm ready for the final info dump and to just 'exist', knowing that this'll be the best Smash game since Melee, and to just 'know' who's going to be in, without logging in daily and seeing **** being flung all over the net about theories and speculation and leaks.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Don't get your hopes up for Neku. At least, not because of this.

I did some digging through some playthroughs of the original.

It's quite clearly there. Difficult to see due to the interface, but still there.

I'm afraid this means nothing for Neku.

Unless they've been hinting at him since 2007 for Smash Ultimate.
Ahhhhhh, the background color threw me off. I definitely know that room. It's a concert stage, believe it or not. Doesn't help that the majority of your time in that room is spent with it pitch black due to the boss, so the background is the last thing on your mind. Good catch.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Depression talking:

The blessed part about it is that it's exceptionally short this time, but even in that ridiculously short amount of time, we've all seemed to **** it up with all these arbitrary fan theories from Boxes to Chairs to Music to Blog posts, and at this point, things just aren't fun anymore.

I'm ready for the final info dump and to just 'exist', knowing that this'll be the best Smash game since Melee, and to just 'know' who's going to be in, without logging in daily and seeing **** being flung all over the net about theories and speculation and leaks.
On the bright side, we're already almost half way through the month. After this, we just have to live through November and the Final Week.

I find a sad comfort in knowing that many theories will likely end up being disproven as we go on, and the list of "true" theories gets narrowed down.

I also find a pretty sad joy in knowing that I could wake up tomorrow, and the box theory may be disproven in the most amusing way possible, such as Fire Emblem pulling it's tricks again.
No offense to those who support the box theory.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Depression talking:

I completely agree. This speculation period was fun only between March and the actual game reveal at E3. After that it just became a complete mess with people bashing others for their picks because "NOT MANY NEW CHARACTERS", and the speculation bubble just kept bouncing between the same 10 characters up until now. TBH I'm not even sure if I want to be around for DLC season.

And what makes this strage is that everything concerning the actual game is looking glorious. I got my boi Snake back, I got Simon and King K. Rool who were my second and third most wanted newcomers, and I'm really only missing Elma from my most wanted list, real Classic mode is back, Smashdown looks great and who knows what Spirits actually is, yet everything concerning this speculation period has been boring or exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom