• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, to get away from the madness, I appreciate they added :ultinkling: and :ultisabelle: in, but pretty interested on :ultdarksamus:. Though hearing :ultsamus: is practically nerfed, I get the distinct feeling that Dark Samus might be barely better now.
I'm probably going to end up using Damus more just for the novelty of it. I don't play Samus normally so the new toy just seems interesting to me by default. Same goes for Daisy but that partially has to do with me liking Daisy more than Peach in general.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm not sure I've seen a Wax Python post that hasn't started an argument. I remember people arguing with him because he wanted Goku in Smash.
I never realised how many fan requests there are for a Famicom character.

I remember a lot of people complained about there being significantly more Fire Emblem characters than Donkey Kong characters, despite the latter series being far more successful.

But I'm now realizing that the few games that stared Diddy Kong as the main character alone have sold more than the entire Fire Emblem franchise. I find that kind of funny.

We need more Diddy Kong reps damn it. View attachment 169283
:p
Diddy with Sunglasses as an Echo Fighter confirmed!

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
It's not really that big of a deal. People get heated, say some mean(ish) things, and some get a little too intense. It'll pass, just like it does every other time.

If you want to stop talking about it and keep the discussion on Smash, just do it. If all of us just keep talking about how we're not talking about Smash, then what do you think the topic is going to be? lol.

So let's SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

Favorite newcomer?? Mine is K Rool, by far!!
My favorite so far is: :ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultrichter::ultsimon:

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So here's a question for everybody. It's December 7, you finally pop that sweet, sweet Super Smash Bros. Ultimate cartridge into your switch. What's the first thing you do?

For me, I'll probably jump into a quick match against the ai with my boy, Mario and test out the new feel. Then I'll probably get to work unlocking characters, however that is done, probably a dedicated mode.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't know what kind of design mentalities they've got in regards to balancing poor Samus. Stuck with almost the same kit since Melee while other vets like Mario and Link are constantly getting new toys to play with.
"Can I have a better moveset?"
"Have you had a new game?"
"On the 3DS"
"Have you had a new game?"
"There's one coming out... at some point."
"Check back with me later."

Potato_

Smash Lord
Are we counting returning veterans as newcomers? If so, seeing :ultsnake: and then the "Everyone is Here!" is up there as one of my most favorite things ever. Hell :ultpokemontrainer: blindsided me when he showed up.

Pure newcomer was easily :ultridley: however. Only thing to come close was :ultchrom: + :ultdarksamus:.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's not really that big of a deal. People get heated, say some mean(ish) things, and some get a little too intense. It'll pass, just like it does every other time.

If you want to stop talking about it and keep the discussion on Smash, just do it. If all of us just keep talking about how we're not talking about Smash, then what do you think the topic is going to be? lol.

I have to go with :ultridley:. He was one of the main characters I was pushing for in Smash 4 (with the other being Bowser Jr). Just seeing all of the reactions to his reveal. I also love his moveset, so he'll probably be one of my most played characters in Ultimate.

Honorable mention to :ultkrool: and :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:.

:ultkrool:'s trailer was PURE HYPE. The amount of references in his moveset to past DKC games put a massive smile on my face.

I was surprisingly happy to see Castlevania getting some recognition in Smash. I've never played a Castlevania game personally, but I knew of :ultsimon: and :ultrichter: prior to their reveal, so it was nice to see them both.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So here's a question for everybody. It's December 7, you finally pop that sweet, sweet Super Smash Bros. Ultimate cartridge into your switch. What's the first thing you do?

For me, I'll probably jump into a quick match against the ai with my boy, Mario and test out the new feel. Then I'll probably get to work unlocking characters, however that is done, probably a dedicated mode.
8-player with the N64 cast on Brinstar Depths (I'll be Samus). Gotta bask in the glory of HD Kraid before anything else.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

:ultrichter::ultrichter::ultrichter::ultrichter::ultrichter::ultrichter:

MY BOY

For real, Castlevania is my jam, but I've always been pretty eh on Simon. But having Richter, my favorite Belmont from my favorite classic game (Rondo of Blood) who is also playable in my two favorite Metroidvania titles (Portrait of Ruin and SOTN), AND my main from the 100s of hours I put into Harmony of Despair? It's a dream, man.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I don't know what kind of design mentalities they've got in regards to balancing poor Samus. Stuck with almost the same kit since Melee while other vets like Mario and Link are constantly getting new toys to play with.
I know right? I mean Samus Returns isn't exactly a "new entry," but I know that and (god forbid) Other M gave some new ideas to make Samus flesh out aside from Misslies and Morph Ball.

Jump right into Classic mode. It's a surefire way of unlocking characters. That or just play a lot of quick matches.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Favorite newcomer is, and forever will be, :ultdaisy:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Watch the awesome CG opening with the volume turned up so I can revel in the glory that is Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Either :ultridley: or :ultsimon:.

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
From my first sight, seeing Simon Belmont in Smash is just amazing so probably him. A huge whip, solid looking projetiles and his David Production look make him pretty appealing to me

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
8-player with the N64 cast on Brinstar Depths (I'll be Samus). Gotta bask in the glory of HD Kraid before anything else.
I never thought about it, but it's nice that the 8 original characters fit nicely with 8 player Smash. I haven't played 8 player Smash yet, but maybe I'll fight 7 AI for the N64 nostalgia first thing.

Tart

Smash Cadet
Definitely :ultinkling: I'm so damn hype to play them after watching waayyy too much demo footage. They just ooze style with their break-dance aerials and crazy wavedash skills.

:ultisabelle::ultrichter: Are in the "I never knew how much I wanted them" tier which is weird.. considering Rondo is easily my favorite classicvania game.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

If my most wanted character gets in (Shadow) then me and my little cousin will do a sonic vs shadow battle lol and do some quick matches playing all the dlc characters I didn’t get. Then probably play the story mode and unlock characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Samus is one of the many times I wish Nintendo would just completely rip off Project M's style wholesale.

She was so cool there, it was unbelievable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In terms of fave newcomer, I think it's a toss-up between :ultkrool: and :ultisabelle: for me so far.

Even :ultpacman: got a buff, not to mention :ultganondorf: finally getting a sword after 17 years. That's pretty damning for her.

I never realised how many fan requests there are for a Famicom character.

Diddy with Sunglasses as an Echo Fighter confirmed!
Glad to see that posting this is still relevant:

stuff_people_say_281_by_flintofmother3-dawf2ry.jpg

That aside, on the topic of FlintOfMother3 stuff, would people be fine with me posting his Inktober stuff? It's entirely related to Ultimate.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Since we'll know all characters before release, I REALLY hope they go the Melee way of showing locked characters, with the question marks.

I want to see a roster screen just full of em.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In terms of fave newcomer, I think it's a toss-up between :ultkrool: and :ultisabelle: for me so far.

Even :ultpacman: got a buff, not to mention :ultganondorf: finally getting a sword after 17 years. That's pretty damning for her.

View attachment 169299

That aside, on the topic of FlintOfMother3 stuff, would people be fine with me posting his Inktober stuff? It's entirely related to Ultimate.
It's sad how many FE characters there are in DKC Warrio- wait a minute...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Since we'll know all characters before release, I REALLY hope they go the Melee way of showing locked characters, with the question marks.

Same. Makes it more satisfying to fill it out.
Kinda like ticking boxes off a to-do list visually.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I'm going straight to unlocking the full roster. I want to invite friends over to play the game, and I'd like to have the full roster for that occasion.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's sad how many FE characters there are in DKC Warrio- wait a minute...
Jokes aside, I would totally buy a DK Warriors.

Or a ****ing goddamn season two for FE Warriors. Nintendo, when?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

Going into Stage and Music options, and managing my stages and their song frequencies.

Pakky

Smash Hero

View attachment 169299

DK Warriors when?

Coconut guns for days.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
My favorite newcomers thus far are easily :ultkrool: and :ultsimon:

Both were among my most requested for Smash 4 and Ultimate. :ultkrool: was my most wanted 1st Party character, and :ultsimon: was in my top 3rd party picks.

Honorable mention for :ultridley:, I'm excited to try him out as well.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

First step for me is always to try a couple of the extra modes before getting in to unlocking characters.

For this game, though, with the starting roster being the original 64 cast, I'll probably focus on unlocking first, then trying extra modes.

If Shadow makes the game though, my #1 priority will be unlocking him and then I'll go into hardcore training on him.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DK Warriors when?

Coconut guns for days.
Plus it might make some further use out of the new Kremlings Barrel Blast had introduced.

I probably won't have a Switch, but if so, the same thing I always do: start with a good old game of Classic Mode.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ridley and Simon were my Ballot Votes, Ridley and Simon are in the game, Ridley and Simon will be my favorite newcomers forever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's play a game: Make a roster for a Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion sequel. Don't worry, gameplay will be fixed in this hypotethical game.
Only rule is that all the characters from the first game return, including the XL version exclusives.
*cracks knuckles*
  • Ben Tennyson
  • Young Ben Tennyson
  • Gwen Tennyson
  • Kevin Levin
  • Vilgax
  • Blossom
  • Bubbles
  • Buttercup
  • Mojo Jojo
  • Him
  • Dexter
  • Monkey
  • Mandark
  • Dee Dee
  • Chowder and Kimchi
  • Flapjack
  • Captain K'nuckles
  • Mac and Bloo
  • Billy and Mandy
  • Grim
  • Hoss Delgado
  • Numbuh One
  • Numbuh Five
  • Father
  • Toiletnator
  • Samurai Jack
  • Aku
  • Scotsman
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
  • Courage
  • Cooper with Megas XLR (shut up, it's possible)
  • Juniper Lee
  • Finn
  • Jake
  • Ice King
  • Princess Bubblegum
  • Marceline
  • Zak Saturday
  • Mordecai and Rigby
  • Lance, Ilana and Octus as a tag team
  • Gumball and Darwin
  • *sigh* Uncle Grandpa
  • Steven Universe
  • Garnet
  • Amethyst
  • Pearl
  • Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear
  • Generator Rex (i can't believe i forgot him)
  • Captain Planet

There might be some I missed, but that would be a good "start"

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Jokes aside, I would totally buy a DK Warriors.

Or a ****ing goddamn season two for FE Warriors. Nintendo, when?
At this point, I'd just prefer a FE Warriors 2 or something so we can pull from literally anything that isn't Fates Awakening or Shadow Dragon. Since they claim other characters from other games aren't possible until that happens.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Eh, I hope not, personally. I wanna unlock the characters I like the most to complete my "perfect roster" (if possible, it may not be). There's a few characters I may take a long time to unlock. I might get to them--eventually. :chuckle:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, I'd just prefer a FE Warriors 2 or something so we can pull from literally anything that isn't Fates Awakening or Shadow Dragon. Since they claim other characters from other games aren't possible until that happens.
Hyrule Warriors: include everybody, even those that don't fight!

FE Warriors: eh, if it's not someone that's recent or important to the foundation of the series, it doesn't matter.

It's baffling how the reasoning behind the rosters of two Warriors spin-offs for different Nintendo franchises differs so much (even if Hyrule's wasn't optimal at first).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*cracks knuckles*
  • Ben Tennyson
  • Young Ben Tennyson
  • Gwen Tennyson
  • Kevin Levin
  • Vilgax
  • Blossom
  • Bubbles
  • Buttercup
  • Mojo Jojo
  • Him
  • Dexter
  • Mandark
  • Dee Dee
  • Chowder and Kimchi
  • Flapjack
  • Captain K'nuckles
  • Mac and Bloo
  • Billy and Mandy
  • Grim
  • Hoss Delgado
  • Numbuh One
  • Numbuh Five
  • Father
  • Toiletnator
  • Samurai Jack
  • Aku
  • Scotsman
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
  • Courage
  • Cooper with Megas XLR (shut up, it's possible)
  • Juniper Lee
  • Finn
  • Jake
  • Ice King
  • Princess Bubblegum
  • Marceline
  • Zak Saturday
  • Mordecai and Rigby
  • Lance, Ilana and Octus as a tag team
  • Gumball and Darwin
  • *sigh* Uncle Grandpa
  • Steven Universe
  • Garnet
  • Amethyst
  • Pearl
  • Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear
  • Captain Planet

There might be some I missed, but that would be a good "start"
I'll add some:
  • Generator Rex (Generator Rex)
  • TOM (Toonami)
  • Laslow (Camp Laslow)
  • Skips (Regular Show)
  • Chris McLean (Total Drama)
  • Adam and Jake (My Gym Partner's a Monkey)
  • Vambre and Prohyas (Magiswords)
If we can extend into Third Parties
  • Robin (Teen Titans)
  • Lion-O (ThunderCats)
  • Shaggy and Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom