• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
-Shantae is an icon among the indie industry
-Nintendo LOVES Shantae so of course they would let her in
Is she? Not arguing, just surprised. I haven't seen her discussed much outside of this forum.

Edit: I guess people are getting intense over this lol. I didn't read the rest of the discussion, so I think I'll just drop it. If she's an icon, cool!

Last edited:

Tiltedssb

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario was meant to be a costume for Mario in Smash 4 but they thought it wouldn't be good move to make since he had some differences in Melee so that's how he became a more individual fighter and he's a bit more different in Ultimate so he's far beyond development of his own caliber to be an echo.
But the differences between roy and chrom could be looked at as similarly. One of his specials is even different. It would make just as much sense either way for me.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
You people are being ******** and are taking this way too personally.

Let people think what they want and debate like a human being.
I agree.
But the inherent irony in statements like these is hilarious.
People can think what they want, unless they think it’s somehow personal. They can’t think that way.
I agree. Bad way to think.
My funny bone is yuge, so I can’t not not not pass the opportunity to point this out.
Don’t hate me, Swamp. I love you more than you love me.
It stings to say it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You people are being ******** and are taking this way too personally.

Let people think what they want and debate like a human being.
Okay, no.

Again, people not wanting something or thinking something "unpopular" is fine, and yes, people getting their undies in a bunch over just that are being silly.

But you just said it yourself, it's a debate. If someone is going to come forth with faulty, flawed reasoning as to why something doesn't "deserve" more reps, then we're going to counter that point. Getting uppity and high and mighty about why they're "wrong" isn't okay, yeah, but if something if something is going to be used as "evidence", then people have the right to refute that evidence. Not like there's anything else to talk about right now.

They can say why they think what they think, and so can we.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Reninder there's a difference between not wanting something and parading your hatred around.
"I don't want more Splatoon content" is different from "I hope there's no more Splatoon content because it sucks and one playable character is all it needs"

Why do you think Geno is popular in the first place? It's because he's literally designed to be "cool". And since nothing in Mario really looks "cool", he wins by default.
Looking cool is subjective, personally his design doesn't really appeal to me and I think most other Mario characters look cooler than him.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
When have games sites EVER been honest about anything. Too much water is a meme for a reason. And thats where I shall leave this subject.
Hoenn actually did have too many water types.
Honestly I think a lot of the backlash just stems from people holding an unpopular opinion, and people wanting to stop others from going against the grain.

Like for example, I'm really not crazy about the prospect of Waddle Dee getting in. There are around three other Kirby characters I'd prefer to see first, and hell, at least three other lance users in general I'd prefer to see. Pretty much the only positive for me is that my brother kind of wants him.

People can go against the popular opinion and not be a troll.
I have a ton of unpopular opinions, but at least I have my reasons for them

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well there was a goku Splatoon argument but yeah.
It's a little ironic.

The Octolings being an echo or even a semi-clone is likely the only way we're getting anything like the Spirit Bomb as a Final Smash :V

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Smashwhat?
Oh yeah! Dudes and Lay-dudes! I love that game. Did anyone watch the recent tournament style exhibition where Tweek was busting out the Kong? That Kong play was impressive.

Edit: Also a Zelda that was on point with the Phantom Knight

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking cool is subjective, personally his design doesn't really appeal to me and I think most other Mario characters look cooler than him.
I know, which is why I said "cool" in quotation marks. But the thing is, Geno was clearly designed to look "cool", much like Sonic. I may not find them cool, but you can see that's the reception the designers were going for.
I think it's like that Rivals of Aether game, Shovel Knight's in it too so I might check it out
No, it's more like Playstation All Star Battle Royale

link2702

Smash Champion
So anything new at all to discuss or are we all still so starved for information that we’re about to kill each other?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Man, I remember when this was a smash bros ultimate discussion thead.
What Smash Bros? I thought we are talking about our next upcoming game Shrek Super Slam.
Shrek_Super_Slam_ps2.jpg

We are speculating whether Farquad will make it into Shrek Super Slam since he is the most requested character.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So anything new at all to discuss or are we all still so starved for information that we’re about to kill each other?
We're probably one more theory away from it becoming the Hunger Games.

(for the uninitiated, it's like Fortnite, but a book)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's not really that big of a deal. People get heated, say some mean(ish) things, and some get a little too intense. It'll pass, just like it does every other time.

If you want to stop talking about it and keep the discussion on Smash, just do it. If all of us just keep talking about how we're not talking about Smash, then what do you think the topic is going to be? lol.

So let's SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

Favorite newcomer?? Mine is K Rool, by far!!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Maybe if i wait long enough this will turn into a For Honor forum and i can keep requesting the Polish Hussars which make more sense as knights then friggin romans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's not really that big of a deal. People get heated, say some mean(ish) things, and some get a little too intense. It'll pass, just like it does every other time.

If you want to stop talking about it and keep the discussion on Smash, just do it. If all of us just keep talking about how we're not talking about Smash, then what do you think the topic is going to be? lol.

Favorite newcomer is K Rool, followed closely by Inkling. Maining Inkling with K Rool as secondary along with Ganondorf and Sheik.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Shrek superslam is a childhood classic same with Shrek 2 and Luigi's mansion. Although the 7 year old portrait ghost that went for a nap and died was kinda freaky lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I had to go with :ultisabelle:. I never thought I'd be that hyped for her, but here I am. Honourable mentions: :ultinkling:,:ultrichter:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, to get away from the madness, I appreciate they added :ultinkling: and :ultisabelle: in, but pretty interested on :ultdarksamus:. Though hearing :ultsamus: is practically nerfed, I get the distinct feeling that Dark Samus might be barely better now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

You're saying if we talk about not talking about Smash, we're not talking about Smash? Woah.

I mentioned it earlier, by luck of the draw, nobody yet. Though since we have a limited roster to make room for veterans, I guess Pokemon Trainer counts. He was one of my favorites in Brawl, missed him in 4, and now that there's no penalty, he's my favorite in the roster.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright, here's a suggestion: we wait for tonight's update and then leave until next week. That seem reasonable enough?
"Leave" as in, "don't look at this thread until news, because people are getting desperate and it's going to be ugly"? :p

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Leave" as in, "don't look at this thread until news, because people are getting desperate and it's going to be ugly"? :p
Basically, yeah. Got plenty of games, so life's too short to get annoyed about something in Taiwanese video game character party forums.

Also, checking character threads won't help much, since some of them are barely saner.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Favorite newcomer??
That’s a toughie...

I’d have easily said Ridley hands down, but K. Rool is equally awesome. And I’m even hyped for Daisy and Isabelle more than usual.

Honestly, this hype cycle is way more fun for me than the last one. Sm4sh had few newcomers I was excited about, but for this one...I’m hyped about most of them.

But currently, Squirtle returning is my absolute most hype part, especially that the team’s back together.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Well, to get away from the madness, I appreciate they added :ultinkling: and :ultisabelle: in, but pretty interested on :ultdarksamus:. Though hearing :ultsamus: is practically nerfed, I get the distinct feeling that Dark Samus might be barely better now.
I don't know what kind of design mentalities they've got in regards to balancing poor Samus. Stuck with almost the same kit since Melee while other vets like Mario and Link are constantly getting new toys to play with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom