• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Goku, Master Chief, Kratos, A Marvel Character, A DC Character, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker...

I’m pretty sure there’s more but that’s all I can think of.
People say Goku would be the big manga pick, but they forget his spiritual predecessor, the most important forefather of superpowered shonen manga.

Kenshiro.jpg

I mean why not, we already have :ultbayonetta: outright killing people with her FS, and fighters basically explode when they die in Stamina mode now, so...

Any non-game character.

Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve?, practically any Sony-owned characters(well, mostly Ratchet & Clank, Parappa The Rapper, Kratos, or Nathan Drake. ...I feel like I'm missing some of their 1st party IP's too...).
You could add forgotten/no longer popular mascots like Earthworm Jim and Duke Nukem.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Dang. That's crazy to see that get a video. Also bad luck that you didn't have the debunk confirmation before the video went live.

EDIT: That old man impression is too good, sir!
haha thank you! I pretty much said it was probly fake right at the beginning anyway...but i felt there was enough said in there for a "just for fun" video after the debunk happened so i posted it anyway and there ya go.

Yeah little Mac was revealed on the Punch-Out!! anniversary but I think hes the ONLY character to ever get a reveal on an important anniversary like that.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That is a good question, what characters have milestone anniversaries this year?

Majora's Mask is 18 this year...

Banjo & Kazooie are 20 this year...

Probably means nothing, but good to keep these in mind.

EDIT: Little Mac was shown RIGHT on his 30th anniversary date. So who knows?

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Any non-game character.

Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve?, practically any Sony-owned characters(well, mostly Ratchet & Clank, Parappa The Rapper, Kratos, or Nathan Drake. ...I feel like I'm missing some of their 1st party IP's too...).
that's a good list, basically any Sony or Xbox owned character getting in would cause huge ripples in the internet. I'd also personally add more "Never Ever" characters, other than the non-game characters, like Doomguy or a GTA character for extra craziness

D

Deleted member

This thread has descended into madness. It's that time of the week again, I suppose. We need a good Smash topic! Something to occupy our time while we wait for news!

So, uh...

...D'ya guys think Link likes slushies? If he does, what KIND of slushie. And what about other characters on the roster? Do they like slushies? If anyone gets this joke, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
...D'ya guys think Link likes slushies? If he does, what KIND of slushie. And what about other characters on the roster? Do they like slushies? If anyone gets this joke, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
They probably like yikes flavored slushies.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
This thread has descended into madness. It's that time of the week again, I suppose. We need a good Smash topic! Something to occupy our time while we wait for news!

So, uh...

You reminded me of this, and I don't regret that.

Anyway, Link would like green apple (or blue raspberry, for colors).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

So, uh...

Out of all the times you could ask that question, you chose the time that I'm literally drinking a slushie... (Are you spying on me or something?)

But yes,... I think he likes slushies...
Kirby and Pikachu probably love them too.
And I'd be kinda surprised If Samus doesn't like them...
And yes, I get that reference

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So theres a few characters suspiciously "missing" this time around... I dont expect us to get too many more fighters but I find some of these changes very odd if the character ISNT in the game somewhere in some other form OR some of these might be purposely left out so that they can be in as DLC perhaps?

Those characters are:

Waddle Dee - totally missing from all things king dedede as far as we've seen and he's missing in the background of dedede's final smash where he'd fit as a great cameo.

Dixie Kong - diddy appears to not have the dixie alt costume (samus and ike lost their alt costumes for dark smaus and chrom and now both of them are playable fighters) and doesnt have his tail attack, dixie has no tail so this sort of point towards an echo.

Skull Kid - replaced by just the moon as the majoras mask assist trophy, has a decent enough chance still to be a potential unique newcomer for the zelda series and also could potentially be a "boss" as we know bosses are in this game somewhere (rathalos and dracula) in his majoras wrath form or something.

Shadow - also missing from the assist trophies as hes been replaced by knuckles as a sonic series assist character but also makes an "easy" echo of sonic due to his body shape, is a "sort of" villain though so could be a boss perhaps?

Black Knight - background of castle siege has changed and he's gone (if it was him back there to begin with), could be an ike echo perhaps though body shape wise might be difficult with the armor... but he could be a boss as well.

There are other assist trophy characters we havent seen return yet and some pokeball pokemon we havent seen as well but those ones above seem to have the most seemingly odd changes happening in this game which make little sense if they are NOT included in the game somewhere else (as far as we've seen). Did i miss anyone? I wrote this out fast cause its on my mind so im not being super thorough here.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
This thread is losing the few remaining marbles it had. If we don't get a direct announcement soon I fear for the future of this board...

D

Deleted member

This thread is losing the few remaining marbles it had. If we don't get a direct announcement soon I fear for the future of this board...
Implying this thread has any marbles left to spare in the first place.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Post your predictions
-Nintendo announces new Smash Direct tomorrow, scheduled for transmission this Tuesday
-Geno makes it in
-Surprise 3rd party character at the end of the direct

Noipoi

Howdy!
Post your predictions
-Nintendo announces new Smash Direct tomorrow, scheduled for transmission this Tuesday
-Geno makes it in
-Either a Direct or a trailer is announced for next week.
-If it's a single trailer, Incineroar is revealed.
-If it's a Direct, Incineroar, Ken and another character or two will be revealed. Along with details on the modes including the new one.
-Either way, Incineroar is revealed.

Chrono.

There won't be any news tomorrow, or the next day

or the next day

or the next day

Smash Ultimate comes out and Isabelle was the final newcomer all this time.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So theres a few characters suspiciously "missing" this time around... I dont expect us to get too many more fighters but I find some of these changes very odd if the character ISNT in the game somewhere in some other form OR some of these might be purposely left out so that they can be in as DLC perhaps?

Those characters are:

Waddle Dee - totally missing from all things king dedede as far as we've seen and he's missing in the background of dedede's final smash where he'd fit as a great cameo.

Dixie Kong - diddy appears to not have the dixie alt costume (samus and ike lost their alt costumes for dark smaus and chrom and now both of them are playable fighters) and doesnt have his tail attack, dixie has no tail so this sort of point towards an echo.

Skull Kid - replaced by just the moon as the majoras mask assist trophy, has a decent enough chance still to be a potential unique newcomer for the zelda series and also could potentially be a "boss" as we know bosses are in this game somewhere (rathalos and dracula) in his majoras wrath form or something.

Shadow - also missing from the assist trophies as hes been replaced by knuckles as a sonic series assist character but also makes an "easy" echo of sonic due to his body shape, is a "sort of" villain though so could be a boss perhaps?

Black Knight - background of castle siege has changed and he's gone (if it was him back there to begin with), could be an ike echo perhaps though body shape wise might be difficult with the armor... but he could be a boss as well.

There are other assist trophy characters we havent seen return yet and some pokeball pokemon we havent seen as well but those ones above seem to have the most seemingly odd changes happening in this game which make little sense if they are NOT included in the game somewhere else (as far as we've seen). Did i miss anyone? I wrote this out fast cause its on my mind so im not being super thorough here.
Just some quick thoughts on the characters you mentioned because I think you're on to something for some of them.

Waddle Dee - Same thing happened in 4. If anything it's a bad example he's not shown so far.

Dixie - Diddy isn't in the demo so we don't know all his alts.

Skull Kid & Shadow - The only two I'd 100% agree upon and for different reasons.

Black Knight - This ones kind of messy. It's pretty much assumed that wasn't him in the background, and even if it was I can't see fire emblem getting 2 new echoes for a total of 3 echoes. That's just crazy imo.

All in all, any character can be in the Waddle Dee situation. Weren't shown all speculation period...because they aren't in the game. The really suspicious ones to look out for are the ones that had previous roles and haven't been deconfirmed. Those that also have high chances (Shadow for being an echo) are especially curious. Just some thoughts!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's implying I had any marbles to lose in the first place...

*Ahem* Sorry, what were we talking about again?

Iridium

Smash Hero
To this day, I still find this image funny:

I also want to measure Lucas's head compared to Richter's.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I am not sure if anyone realized it...actually why isn't everyone trying to talk about it?
https://www.inverse.com/article/49608-smash-ultimate-leaks-medusa-on-roster

Seems like Medusa might have been leaked unintentionally. In the summary, it says that the Voice Actress for her retweeted or liked that post about whenever she would be in game, but then unliked/untweeted it.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I don’t really get this “Skull Kid was replaced by the Moon” thing. Sure they’re both from Majora’s Mask, but they don’t behave the same way at all. You can have more than one Assist Trophy from the same game as well. If we got another AT that did what Skull Kid does then I think there’d be a point, but the Moon isn’t Skull Kid so I’m not really sure the point carries much weight.

Chrono.

I am not sure if anyone realized it...actually why isn't everyone trying to talk about it?

Seems like Medusa might have been leaked unintentionally. In the summary, it says that the Voice Actress for her retweeted or liked that post about whenever she would be in game, but then unliked/untweeted it.
That's just the VA showing support and nothing more.

She probably unliked it because she knew it'd lead to dumb posts like this.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Just some quick thoughts on the characters you mentioned because I think you're on to something for some of them.

Waddle Dee - Same thing happened in 4. If anything it's a bad example he's not shown so far.

Dixie - Diddy isn't in the demo so we don't know all his alts.

Skull Kid & Shadow - The only two I'd 100% agree upon and for different reasons.

Black Knight - This ones kind of messy. It's pretty much assumed that wasn't him in the background, and even if it was I can't see fire emblem getting 2 new echoes for a total of 3 echoes. That's just crazy imo.

All in all, any character can he in the Waddle Dee situation. Weren't shown all speculation period...because they aren't in the game. The really suspicious ones to look out for are the ones that had previous roles and haven't been deconfirmed. Those that also have high chances (Shadow for being an echo) are especially curious. Just some thoughts!
All good points!

was waddle dee not shown at ALL for king dedede during the smash4 speculation cycle? like we havent seen dedede get carried onto the stage, again his final smash SHOULD have waddle dee cameoing in the background... its just very very odd.

diddy losing his tail attack is the oddest i cant think of another purpose for that beyond dixie, the alts of course like you said we cant see them all to find out.

skull kid and shadow like you said its just weird whats going on with them but of course they might just be assist trophies again and we havent seen them... tho it would mean two MM assist trophy reps and two Sonic assist trophy reps so maybe they are somewhere else? i dunno. its odd.

black knight is the weakest argument admittedly, i was just trying to cover everyone i could think of thats in this type of situation.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Um, I know I've seen that a few days ago. That could have have meant something or nothing, but I lean or neither choice.

Edit: But probably nothing.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Those characters are:

I can see some of them possibly being DLC: I don't think they were necessarily specifically designed as DLC, but as they had limited development time, Sakurai decided to prioritise other characters, meaning that the characters you listed have been seemingly cut all together for now. I'd love Skull Kid to be in and think that Shadow and Waddle Dee make sense as DLC editions. As for the Black Knight, maybe Sakurai did intend to include him at some point, but decided to leave him for DLC as people might react badly if we got another two FE characters in the base game.

Shroob

Sup?

This isn't any different than the guy who works on KH showing support for Sora only later deleting said tweet.

Until evidence arises, it means nothing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Post your predictions
-Geno makes it in
Begins with a Trailer: "Incineroar Enters The Ring"
Echoes: Ken, Dixie and Shadow
Assist Trophies
Pokemon
Modes
Spirits
Another Trailer: "Chrous Kids Set the Stage'
Geno DLC tease
Final goodbyes

That is just speculation... and that is clickbait
Also, why does everyone think Medusa would be a Palutena Echo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom