• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Stop using the phrase “break the internet”

Nothing can do that. it’s cringey af.
I mean, Cloud practically gave everyone an actual reason to buy a Wii U. If that isn't "breaking the internet" I don't know what will.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Weird, I don't recall such leak about some new character trailers. But I remember that Loz claim that there was heroes vs villain theme going on, and it was basically of King K Rool trailer's theme (Don't know if that's true or not, can someone correct me on this one?)
No no I was asking have we every received a real actual leak about a trailer? We get tons of fake ones but , well they are fake.

I don't think we've received a leak regarding a trailer because those that touch those are either A. A 3rd party under NDA who also doesn't just make CGI videos for videogames and so probably doesn't care who is in Smash, or B. Someone high up in Nintendo's marketing creating the direct.

Also yea Loz is a fraud.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
As much as I don't care for the phrase, I'm of the opinion that Ultimate already 'broke the internet' with the Everyone Is Here trailer. As amazing the individual trailers for characters like Ridley and K. Rool were, that E3 trailer still blows everything away. Smash itself is a celebration of Nintendo and gaming in general, and Ultimate is a celebration of that.

So, I don't really think any standard needs to be broken or anything.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot would all probably get a huge reaction as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Today, tomorrow and Monday are probably the last times that they'll announce a Smash direct early like they did for the last one.

If we don't hear anything by Monday, things are going to look pretty shaky.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I wouldn’t say Geno would break the internet. A lot of people, especially the casual audience, wouldn’t know him all that well. Banjo or Sora would certainly turn heads, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know if read this conversation for much longer I'm going to break a little more than just my internet.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For breaking the internet reveals:

Master Chief - kind of doubtful, but would certainly turn heads.
Banjo & Kazooie - another X-box rep that was once a Nintendo name.
Sora - Square's unique character and game that would feel at home.

Geno would be for the fans, and could honestly be Sakurai's pic if we don't get a retro character.
(Unless we want to say Simon Belmont is the retro rep)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I missed it. How did the Geno leak get debunked?

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not that it’ll ever happen but what character reveal would be so insane that it’ll make the news?
Any non-game character.

Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve?, practically any Sony-owned characters(well, mostly Ratchet & Clank, Parappa The Rapper, Kratos, or Nathan Drake. ...I feel like I'm missing some of their 1st party IP's too...).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not that it’ll ever happen but what character reveal would be so insane that it’ll make the news?
Goku, An Overwatcg Character, A Fortnite Character, Master Chief, Kratos, A Marvel Character, A DC Character, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker...

I’m pretty sure there’s more but that’s all I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom