• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What on Earth? I was just stating the facts...
I would be perfectly fine with Geno (in fact, I'm kinda supporting him)... but it feels like this leak only got big because it featured Geno...

Let's take a hated character like Bubsy and let's just say he's part of a leak that would eventually come true... A lot of us would not want to believe it because of it featuring Bubsy.
But of course when a something features characters like Skull Kid, Isaac, or Geno, it gets popular.
Loz18 and the chairs.
The Golden Sun esque Image

See what I mean?
Our mind makes us believe what it wants to believe.
Even I'll admit I have some bias.
If a leak that featured An RH rep, Elma, and Steve was posted on 4Chan, I would want to believe it as those are characters I want. But would that fact make them more legitimate?
Of course not!..
I’m not going to lie, but I agree with this.

It’s something that has always happened here. If you’re going to give an arguement about why a character is likely, these “hints” can’t be the only thing to back up your claim, you need to provide something alongside these hints in order to have a stronger reasoning.

For instance, the Rathalos picture may just have had a cool angle and not really an intentional GS reference, but it was enough for people to notice the other things that made Isaac likely.

Last edited:

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
Geno leak question:
I'm sure it's simple... But why doesn't he have a face? What does that have to do with him possessing the doll? I have not played SMRPG, but I feel as though I'm missing some basic principle as to why people bring up the ear when his ENTIRE HEAD is missing.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hindsight 20/20 have we ever had a trailer leak? Either in description, screenshot or video? Smash 4 or Ultimate?

I don't think so but I feel like fakers use that so much...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hindsight 20/20 have we ever had a trailer leak? Either in description, screenshot or video? Smash 4 or Ultimate?

I think the only one that was taken a picture of was Pac-Man.
I remember seeing a picture of the splash screen from the actual trailer being passed around within a day of it to be shown.

EDIT: Might be remembering it wrong, but I know I saw the splash screen before the trailer was shown.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
How far should I scroll back? Now I want to see it, even if it's fake.
This image: it is faked, it source was from an artist in Deviant art.

1538807794664s.jpg

Geno leak question:
I'm sure it's simple... But why doesn't he have a face? What does that have to do with him possessing the doll? I have not played SMRPG, but I feel as though I'm missing some basic principle as to why people bring up the ear when his ENTIRE HEAD is missing.
Uh, his head is there and we later confirmed it as fake.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Weird, I don't recall such leak about some new character trailers. But I remember that Loz claim that there was heroes vs villain theme going on, and it was basically of King K Rool trailer's theme (Don't know if that's true or not, can someone correct me on this one?)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Weird, I don't recall such leak about some new character trailers. But I remember that Loz claim that there was heroes vs villain theme going on, and it was basically of King K Rool trailer's theme (Don't know if that's true or not, can someone correct me on this one?)
Yes. Don't worry about LoZ. He's a fraud.

D

Deleted member

You people have no clue what kind of internet nuke Banjo and Kazooie are capable of making...
I think it depends on the community. To Rare fans and old-school Nintendo fans, it would be huge for sure. To anyone outside that? I'm not so sure. As someone who would love Banjo, I don't think he'd make all that much buzz outside of a specific few groups. To each their own, though: There isn't really any way of factually proving what is and isn't popular.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Pretty much he stated that AFTER K. Rool was shown. So yeah...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think it depends on the community. To Rare fans and old-school Nintendo fans, it would be huge for sure. To anyone outside that? I'm not so sure. As someone who would love Banjo, I don't think he'd make all that much buzz outside of a specific few groups. To each their own, though: There isn't really any way of factually proving what is and isn't popular.
What about K.Rool though?

His inclusion was so massively popular enough to make it through the newspaper headlines.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sora and Steve from Minecraft are probably the only internet breaking characters left.
Nah.

Master Chief
Gordon Freeman
Lara Croft
and unironically... Goku. This one would reign supreme.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Everytime Goku is brought up the more it makes me wish the next approach for Smash is Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump that way it'll give those Goku fans what they want...

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
When people talk about this kind of stuff, they always seem to forget someone
master chief
You people have no clue what kind of internet nuke Banjo and Kazooie are capable of making...
Sora and Steve from Minecraft are probably the only internet breaking characters left.
Imagine if those characters got in, my reaction would be this:

Sakurai will be forever known as MADMAN if he actually do it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Chrono.

Master Chief would be my go-to Microsoft character, if I had the choice anyway.

Banjo wouldn't be that far behind though.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I don't understand the need to "break the internet" for each Smash. People are asking if they can top Cloud but they don't NEED to top Cloud. Smash breaks the internet regardless of who gets in.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't understand the need to "break the internet" for each Smash. People are asking if they can top Cloud but they don't NEED to top Cloud. Smash breaks the internet regardless of who gets in.
Nobody has yet to top the impact Sonic had when he was revealed for Brawl, so I agree that Cloud himself doesn't need to be topped.

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's Knack time, BAYBEEEEE.

[insert a billion Dunkey memes and Shane McMahon's WWE entrance theme Here Comes the Money here]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about K.Rool though?

His inclusion was so massively popular enough to make it through the newspaper headlines.
That could have simply been someone on the paper being a Nintendo fan and filling in a story for a slow news day. Plus, K. Rool is attached to DKC, which is a hugely popular franchise compared to Banjo & Kazooie (no offense meant, those games are great). More people will recognize him and be able to get onboard with him as soon as they realize what he's attached to.

Plus, from what I saw, K. Rool was really only majorly celebrated by hardcore Smash and Nintendo fans. I feel like the fanfare fell off pretty quick, actually. Banjo would be celebrated by the same group, but would he make the same headlines additions like Sonic, Snake, Cloud, Pac-Man and others did? I kinda doubt it. Again though, to each their own: Just because I doubt it doesn't make it fact that it isn't a big deal. For all I know Banjo will be huge if it happens, I'm merely speculating. :)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Smash is the only game who can genuinely "break the internet" whenever it was Snake, Sonic, MEGAAMAAAAN THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOOOOT, MOTHER****ING CLOUD STRIFE and now RIDLEEEEEEY-

You'll never see other game who can do that, so people expect it, and want it, because it's always great to see that happiness and hype with everyone when such a big characters get in.

It's not a """"need""" but it's something that gather all smash fan together which we truly need during speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom