• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The picture is too low quality and too far zoomed in to really be convincing imo, it's not the worst leak we've had, but it's not worth believing either. With the high quality of fake leaks these days it's better to just be skeptical until something massive comes out in its favor, like with the Ken leak and how people set up a comparison with one of the demos which matched it incredibly well, until then it's better to just assume it's fake.

The idea behind the scene is really awesome though, so props for that.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Yeah man, NO ONE here is saying it looks believable nor is anyone giving all of its inconsistencies the benefit of the doubt.
A leak shouldn't even go into "neutral" unless it actually has something going for it, which this doesn't as all you guys have done is point out how "well, this could happen" in regards to the artstyle.
Shocking news: saying "i think this looks believable" doesn't mean "Every single single thing about this picture is 100% accurate and there are no flaws whatsoever geno is in boyzs"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Does Square Enix have any notable animation companies under their belt that might resemble a style like this? It could be that one of them went for it.

Alternatively, you know what the harsh shading/lighting kinda reminds me of? Anima Inc, the guys who did the CG animation for Awakening, Fates and Robin's reveal.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 2.56.57 PM.png

I dunno, it feels similar-ish with how it does the lighting. And Intelligent Systems DID do the Paper Mario games, which are pretty much Mario RPG's Spiritual Successor...

OBVIOUSLY I'm Tin Foil hatting really hard right now, but a good Geno leak only comes once in a blue moon. Let me dream.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Do anyone want to see the Meta Crystal stage?
250px-MetaCrystal.png

It would be awesome to see this stage in HD, it has a cool underground mine stage that we have never seen before in any Smash bros stage! Would be really hype if the music makes a return and even REMIX IT!!
Man, having this stage return is a pipe dream!! I know it wont happen but hey, it is a wish?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
View attachment 168462
It would be awesome to see this stage in HD, it has a cool underground mine stage that we have never seen before in any Smash bros stage! Would be really hype if the music makes a return and even REMIX IT!!
Man, having this stage return is a pipe dream!! I know it wont happen but hey, it is a wish?
God this stage was SO COOL. I can't believe it hasn't come back yet. And as cool as Melee's Metal Battle song was this was the real jam.

D

Deleted member

bUt whErE WIlL hE fAt oN Da BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX
In all fairness, while silly in concept, the box can't be disproven yet. It can't be proven either, but it's still not necessarily something that should be thrown out just yet. Let's wait and see how the next reveal goes. If our next reveal is a solo Incineroar, then yeah, that's gonna be tough to explain.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
View attachment 168462
Id want the both metal mario fight and metal battle theme paired with the stage

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
In all fairness, while silly in concept, the box can't be disproven yet. It can't be proven either, but it's still not necessarily something that should be thrown out just yet. Let's wait and see how the next reveal goes. If our next reveal is a solo Incineroar, then yeah, that's gonna be tough to explain.
TFW it's solo Ken :troll:

D

Deleted member

Small brain: the Rathalos pic is a reference to Golden Sun
Big brain: the Rathalos pic is a reference to the Chrono Trigger opening
Screenshot_20181006-160345~2.png

Shocking news: saying "i think this looks believable" doesn't mean "Every single single thing about this picture is 100% accurate and there are no flaws whatsoever geno is in boyzs"
ITT: saying "it looks believable" does not mean that you believe in something

D

Deleted member

TFW it's solo Ken :troll:
That would be just as equally bad for the box. The next reveal being a solo then operates on the idea that there are no more Echos, which for me personally, I kinda doubt.

The box banks on the next reveal being the last one and featuring only two; a unique and an Echo. It needs a very specific set of events to occur for it to be completely right, which is why I'm hesitant to bank on it being right. Time will tell, I suppose. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So now we've got what looks like the CGI part of Geno's trailer, what appears to be a screenshot of Ken and talk of a Gen 7 Pokemon. We're in interesting times once again.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Does Square Enix have any notable animation companies under their belt that might resemble a style like this? It could be that one of them went for it.
Not from what I know. Square-Enix's CGI teams mostly goes for realistic looks and the most cartonish they do is KH, who with each games looks more and more "realistic" and "Pixar-like"

Might be wrong and feel free to correct me

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So now we've got what looks like the CGI part of Geno's trailer, what appears to be a screenshot of Ken and talk of a Gen 7 Pokemon. We're in interesting times once again.
Where have you been? We talked about this screenshot about a month ago, and the Gen 7 Pokémon has been talked about for even longer.

If anything, people want to get those two out of the way first.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'd probably give the Geno leak over 5 seconds of thought if I could understand what the hell is happening in it. And I don't mean the event occurring.

Geez get a room you two. No one wants to see you getting all mushy with each other.
Says you.
Wow....feeling #Defended right now, very cool thanks Praline

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace

I dunno, it feels similar-ish with how it does the lighting. And Intelligent Systems DID do the Paper Mario games, which are pretty much Mario RPG's Spiritual Successor...

OBVIOUSLY I'm Tin Foil hatting really hard right now, but a good Geno leak only comes once in a blue moon. Let me dream.
I've seen it said that it could be related to the perfect shield animation.
https://youtu.be/e9XI3KQPgR4

However, aside from that the picture is inconclusive. I can't even tell what's supposed to be going on in this.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Not holding it as real but a reveal can have a different artstyle compare to other reveal trailers.

Lucina/Robin's reveal were based on a more FE Awakening look.

Duck Hunt's reveal is based on 8 bit sprites.

Little Mac's reveal is based on a paint look.

And Palutena/Dark Pit's reveals is anime.

So have a water-colored look in Smash Bros is not to far off to me imo.

I am not being too optimistic towards Geno (I like him, but he has something that held him back) but this picture could have some weight to it.

(As usual, any leak is not considered true until the character is revealed)
If any character is having a water-colored based Smash reveal trailer, it should be the character whose game is made in a water-colored art style.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Where have you been? We talked about this screenshot about a month ago, and the Gen 7 Pokémon has been talked about for even longer.

If anything, people want to get those two out of the way first.
I meant that we've got all three running co-currently.

Speculation is at it's dullest when there's only one major accepted narrative.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Didn't really believe it myself. Looked kinda odd for something from a Smash trailer anyways. Man, the so called "leakers" on 4Chan are desperate, don'tcha think?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that was fun while it lasted.

Well let's see what tomorrow brings.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't really believe it myself. Looked kinda odd for something from a Smash trailer anyways. Man, the so called "leakers" on 4Chan are desperate, don'tcha think?
Yes.
We're getting fake leaks with just Incineroar/Ken/Geno for the past weeks on a daily basis.
I wanna throw up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If any character is having a water-colored based Smash reveal trailer, it should be the character whose game is made in a water-colored art style.
I don't think we have a character like that under the sun.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone from Sonic would be cool IMO. I'm honestly surprised that we haven't gotten another Sonic character yet; it always seemed like such an obvious thing to me.
It’s felt obvious to me since Brawl that we needed another Sonic rep
There, fixed it.
Ya done ruined it by taking out Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom