• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Welp, that was quick.

If DLC is a thing again this go around, I sincerely hope it's priced a little better. Smash 4's DLC was a little over the top: 7 characters and a couple of stages for around 35 bucks was definitely too much.

...I'm sorry to say that I bought most of it, though. My biggest regret was the Mii costumes...I didn't even end up using them. ; - ; It's a mistake I am DEFINITELY not making again, that's for sure...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So the Geno leak is Dead? What did I tell you all?
This whole commotion was bias at it's finest
EDIT: This was harsh, sorry about that...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Welp, that was quick.

If DLC is a thing again this go around, I sincerely hope it's priced a little better. Smash 4's DLC was a little over the top: 7 characters and a couple of stages for around 35 bucks was definitely too much.

...I'm sorry to say that I bought most of it, though. My biggest regret was the Mii costumes...I didn't even end up using them. ; - ; It's a mistake I am DEFINITELY not making again, that's for sure...
They could make a character cost $30 and you bet your ass people will buy it and some of those people would justify it as "well I get hundreds of hours of fun for just $30" or something like that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, the Geno thread just showed that this leak was fake and a fan-art

Thanks god someone was level-headed to try and look for something instead of saying "It looks believable"

However lmao those ears, They're so tiny
FFS I had that as my wallpaper for like a month, how did I just completely forget it existed.

This is what happens when I want a character WAY too badly.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Glad it was proven fake that quickly, sorry Nekoo Nekoo for not living up to your standards of caring enough to leakbust.
EDIT: Also, buzz off Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , people can say something looks believable without being biased. I've never even played SMRPG and thought the image looked at least decent.

I'm just not really feeling up to any of this right now. Life in general for me has been on a downward trend. One class in particular isn't going so well, and I just had to put my cat down after keeping her for 13 years. This place is turning into more and more of a melting pot of negativity and quipping that I'm just not up for it right now, Ultimate's one of the few things I'm really looking forward to and the longer I'm here the more even discussion of it starts to feel bitter and empty.

I really hope there's something news-wise this month, for the community's sake and my own. I already had to leave the Yu-gi-oh community because everybody was stuck-up and opinionated, this place is nowhere near that but the overall negativity just isn't good for me right now.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Glad it was proven fake that quickly, sorry Nekoo Nekoo for not living up to your standards of caring enough to leakbust.

I'm just not really feeling up to any of this right now. Life in general for me has been on a downward trend. One class in particular isn't going so well, and I just had to put my cat down after keeping her for 13 years. This place is turning into more and more of a melting pot of negativity and quipping that I'm just not up for it right now, Ultimate's one of the few things I'm really looking forward to and the longer I'm here the more even discussion of it starts to feel bitter and empty.

I really hope there's something news-wise this month, for the community's sake and my own. I already had to leave the Yu-gi-oh community because everybody was stuck-up and opinionated, this place is nowhere near that but the overall negativity just isn't good for me right now.
I am really sorry to hear that, Hydra. I do hope things get better for you, here and in real life.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They could make a character cost $30 and you bet your *** people will buy it and some of those people would justify it as "well I get hundreds of hours of fun for just $30" or something like that.
I want to argue with this, but then I remember that some people actually bought FE: Echoes's worthless and overpriced DLC.

Doesn't mean more reasonably priced DLC wouldn't reach more people though. I'd buy a 30$ season pass.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
welp geno leak is fake, knew it had to be but I wanted my boy to be in :(

That fanart is hella cool though.

Edit: On DLC for smash 4, at least you could buy what you wanted or get combination packs and whatnot. I only bought the characters I wanted and didn't give a flying **** about mii costumes and it wasn't that bad. I'd be fine with a season pass model if we get lot of benefit from it, or have some DLC be free/offered at a big discount for Nintendo Online subscribers

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I'm doing time-zones right, if there's a direct/trailer announced 9am Monday in Japan, we'll hear of it in 27 and a quarter hours.

That's the minimum wait time, mind.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It’s felt obvious to me since Brawl that we needed another Sonic rep
I mean Sonic barely got in Brawl last minute (Mainly because of Sega at first making the stupid decision of saying no but thankfully changed their mind just in time). Of course they weren't going to push it beyond just Sonic back then :V

And base game Smash 4 we kind of forget was still kind of conservative on the 3rd parties. We lost Snake and got Megaman and Pac-Man for a net gain of only one more then we did in Brawl (Which was a fine trade-off all things considered, but certainly not a 3rd party blowout that the Smash 4 DLC and Smash Ultimate has become)

2nd 3rd party franchise reps are only on the table now that we have jumped from 2 to 3 to at least 9 or 10 in the base game of each respective game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although I proved it was fake and I'm the Geno thread creator

My bias would be to hope it's real

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of Character 69 and an echo, what are you all going to do if they aren't Incineroar and Ken?
Depends...
If 69 Is Someone I don't want: Keep quiet and say nothing...
If 69 is Someone I'm neutral on: Just shrug and move on...
If 69 Is Steve: Laugh at all of the haters and naysayers, and enjoy his rightful inclusion
If 69 Is Elma: Feel pretty satisfied with a character that has a lot of move set potential...
If 69 Is a Rhythm Heaven Rep: Instantly put aside 360 dollars for a Nintendo Switch and a copy of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, On top of tweeting a thank you to Sakurai that he would never see.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well that was fun while it lasted! Thank y'all for debunking this. Haven't been apart of this community too long so still getting my feet wet as far as what to expect and how to go about looking at leaks.

Glad I wasn't believing it to hard though. Well done.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Bias or no bias, people will give attention to pretty much any picture leak to which they can't find the source. I don't think there were that many people rooting for Agnes a while back, now was there?

Bias probably does help a lot of this stuff spread though.

D

Deleted member

Blah blah blah "no one would take it seriously if it were Steve" blah blah blah.

We get it. You want Steve. Stop ranting and raving about "bias" over a completely unrelated character when things like this:
Although I proved it was fake and I'm the Geno thread creator

My bias would be to hope it's real
...show that you're making an ass out of yourself.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not really. Everyone was probably just giving their opinions on why the leak could have been real. I'd bet you'd do the same with a RH leak and no one would call you biased.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I would actually be fine with Geno not making it into Smash if we got Crono instead.
In an either/or scenario, yes.

Though I'd still prefer a Dragon Quest rep, and I'd still want Geno to at least make it to Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

They could make a character cost $30 and you bet your *** people will buy it and some of those people would justify it as "well I get hundreds of hours of fun for just $30" or something like that.
I honestly hope they do it in the form of season passes. Most of Nintendo's season passes are priced pretty fairly for the content they offer, so I'd be okay with it if they handled it like that.

Truth be told, though, as long as it's not too outrageous, I'll pay for the DLC if it's something I like. I dunno about $30 for a single character, but I'd probably (begrudgingly) go up to about $10 if it was someone I liked enough. On the bright side, any purchases I make does go towards making my yearly NSO subscription cheaper, so there's one bright side I could find in that, lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
EDIT: Also, buzz off Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , people can say something looks believable without being biased. I've never even played SMRPG and thought the image looked at least decent.

Sorry for your things, and hope everything will be okay. But know that it wasn't really targeted to you, just a very weird impression, as someone who's been sharing leaks as back as March and the wonderful Wii U days
It's just that usually, people directly go ahead to shot down a leaks, remember the ESRB leak? Ken? How people went to find EVERYTHING to discard it?
How everytime they found something it just made those leak stronger?

Here people were rather trying to find things that could make it real. Like... Why? That's why I was genuinely surprised.

And I'm someone who just want anyone from Square-Enix, from Geno to slime, from Sora to Crono or Neku. But still, it was painfully obvious how people were rather trying to find things to make it true than wrong.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This feels like Smashboards speculation in a nutshell:

That said, even though it’s already confirmed fake as fan art. I always figured the Geno pic looked cel shaded because of the new visual hit effects characters take.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wasn’t that already debunked shortly after?

Someone soon realized that the K. Rool here came from an artwork that featured K. Rool in this same pose and added some effects to make it “look” CG.
And funny enough, something similar happened with the Geno.

Lesson learned, everyone? :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Blah blah blah "no one would take it seriously if it were Steve" blah blah blah.

We get it. You want Steve. Stop ranting and raving about "bias" over a completely unrelated character when things like this:

...show that you're making an *** out of yourself.
What on Earth? I was just stating the facts...
I would be perfectly fine with Geno (in fact, I'm kinda supporting him)... but it feels like this leak only got big because it featured Geno...

Let's take a hated character like Bubsy and let's just say he's part of a leak that would eventually come true... A lot of us would not want to believe it because of it featuring Bubsy.
But of course when a something features characters like Skull Kid, Isaac, or Geno, it gets popular.
Loz18 and the chairs.
The Golden Sun esque Image

See what I mean?
Our mind makes us believe what it wants to believe.
Even I'll admit I have some bias.
If a leak that featured An RH rep, Elma, and Steve was posted on 4Chan, I would want to believe it as those are characters I want. But would that fact make them more legitimate?
Of course not!..

EDIT: yes, I was being a little gloaty earlier. Sorry about that
EDIT 2: Also, if this sounds like I'm a leak denier, i'm not. I currently trust Vergeben, and I believe that one Ken image

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I mentioned on the first page of that geno leak that it’s most likely fake. I still hold out hope for him, but he’s a character who will only be revealed when Nintendo and square decide. From what verg said about how quickly square would fire someone, no one will dare leak legitimate images of him from their side, and if they did we’d know who got fired and see square do damage control quick. Unless we get a goof by Nintendo, or an esrb level slip, we’ll only know when they reveal him officially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom