• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally I think Sylux with Kanden, Noxus, Trace, Spire and Weavel would be a fun boss fight. Fighting them all at once.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Have character reveals ever coincided with a holiday before? I don't think reveals have ever had such theming from Nintendo, but you never know. It's definitely an interesting possibility!
Announcement or not is that a holiday in Japan? Want to know if we should even expect an announcement/update/etc that day.

(Don't judge me but I base all my Japanese holidays off the Persona series and I don't remember if you get that one off lol)

September 17th and 23rd/24th were also national holidays (Respect for the Elderly and Autumn Equinox respectfully). However, we had our usual blog update and zero announcements.

I was kind of being sarcastic but who knows. It’s October. I doubt it though.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The problem with Dixie Kong was that she wasn't REALLY requested until Tropical Freeze came out. She was considered more dead than K. Rool before then. A lot of fans, K. Rool fans included, jumped on the Dixie bandwagon after K. Rool was disconfirmed for Smash For. Dixie wasn't considered "super important" until VERY recently. K. Rool, ever since Diddy Kong, was always the top DK fan pick. Dixie got second place because of her inclusion in Tropical Freeze. Even then, there's quite a few DK fans that want Cranky more so than Dixie.

The K. Rool fans not crossing over is a pretty big blow, I mean really. But the same could be same for Sylux. After Ridley's disconfirmation Sylux's popularity got quite the boost but it was because Ridley wasn't getting in. I think the same thing happened with Dixie and I don't think ****ting on the K. Rool fanbase is really deserving. The Dixie fanbase had a lot of crossover with the K. Rool fanbase and most of them cared more about K. Rool than Dixie. And that's all there really is to it. DK fans got their most wanted, and they're grateful. I don't understand why that's necessarily a sin.
A lot of K Rool fans crossed over this time right after his confirmation too. Its as you say, many people always supported Dixie, but they put Rool first. Only after he was safe did many of them begin showing support for her.

However, her popularity is more than just a byproduct of Tropical Freeze. She's been popular for a long time, and her notoriety goes all the way back to the Brawl days when she nearly made it in with Diddy as one of the "Forbidden 7". There were also people like me who have always rooted for her even before her revival and actually preferred her over Rool, and I still do.

I wouldn't say we "never considered her important until recently" either. She was a lead protagonist in 2 of the greatest platformers of all time and their respective ports and Gameboy equivalents. Her role in DKC2 alone cemented her importance. I don't think she ever waned. I think K Rool just shone through much more.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
You guys want Banjo Kazooie so much, but you're all ignoring the greatest Rare characters of all time... Battletoads. Yes, i want a Battletoad in smash. A man can dream, right?... *sigh*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On top of this Celica was chosen over Alm for FE warriors, so it wouldn't be unheard of
And then there's the fact that she has three variants in Heroes while Alm only has one. :p

Really though, Celica would just be icing on the cake for me. Then I'd have all three of my favorite lords playable in Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys want Banjo Kazooie so much, but you're all ignoring the greatest Rare characters of all time... Battletoads. Yes, i want a Battletoad in smash. A man can dream, right?... *sigh*
Dis too bad no one had been really requesting them to begin with. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are optimistic in any fashion.
That’s not my words, that seems to be the words of most people now.
Passive aggressive, are we?

For the people who see fit to stymie others' optimism, stop. If what they wish to happen doesn't and they end up salty because of it, that's their problem; it's none of your business.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don’t think I could handle the smash announcer saying any of the battletoad characters names out loud. I’d pass out from laughter each time.

“RASH!”
“PIMPLE!”
“ZITZ!”

Chrono.

I don’t think I could handle the smash announcer saying any of the battletoad characters names out loud. I’d pass out from laughter each time.

“RASH!”
“PIMPLE!”
“ZITZ!”
Even better if you take into account special battles in Classic Mode.

"VERSUS! GIANT RASH!"
"VERSUS! METAL PIMPLE!"
"VERSUS! TEAM ZITZ!"

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Looking back at that past page, man does it hurt to see so many nopes for RH.

But y’know what! I’ll just keep believing in RH’s chances, Until the very end!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
What if we thought Bubsy was deconfirmed by Snake having his obvious logo but he’s still in but with a yarn ball icon instead?

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Remember when Rash was in Killer Instinct? I would really love this moveset translated into Smash tbh.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you're going to use Killer Instinct as inspiration then the pelvic thrust taunt is a must-have
Since I've heard people saying this about Incineroar, too: Are pelvics thrusts is a good way to make people like a fighting style?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Since I've heard people saying this about Incineroar, too: Are pelvics thrusts is a good way to make people like a fighting style?
Incineroar's pelvic trust releases flames in-game, so that's why.

Rash's...

If anything Killer Instinct related gets in I want Riptor, and I want one of her "No Mercies" to be an instant KO...

You know which one I'm talking about... :yoshi:
Good taste, Yoshi man. Riptor is my girl.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
use this instead
make things easier to keep track on whatever they talked about, instead of digging for links
Holy **** why did nobody mention Viewtiful Joe about this? Was this recent or did people think "Hnmm, it's easier to whine about Granblue"?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A lot of you are gonna have egg on your face when Steve gets into Smash

Holy **** why did nobody mention Viewtiful Joe about this? Was this recent or did people think "Hnmm, it's easier to whine about Granblue"?
I think Verge also mentioned here something about Platinum doing a Switch Viewtiful Joe 3 around E3

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
There's gonna be a lot of egg on everyone's faces, but only if my boi is top tier :yoshi:
Best case scenario is that Steve is in the game, and top tier, and characters like Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno got passed over

The salt would be amazing

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Shower thought: What if when Sakurai said that the pace of character reveals would be slowing down, he was literally referring to how much time there is between reveals, namely the August direct to the Isabelle reveal? The dude could increase the time between by a day and he wouldn't be a liar.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shower thought: What if when Sakurai said that the pace of character reveals would be slowing down, he was literally referring to how much time there is between reveals, namely the August direct to the Isabelle reveal? The dude could increase the time between by a day and he wouldn't be a liar.
Good question, but here's a better one,

What if you took it at face value like it was meant to be?

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Is the next direct this month october?

Is it possbile for Noctis to join smash as dlc or base game? I mean cloud joined so...

sure why not?
functionally, he'd be a really amazing unique inclusion.
conjuring mulitple weapons and chaining several kinds of attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom