• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did you know that there are actually about as many Digimon as there are Pokémon? More depending on what you count?
There's 807 Pokémon, not including Meltan; while there are somewhere over 820 Digimon. However, the number of Pokémon increases if you count Mega Forms and Alolan Forms as different, which is only fair because Digimon basically does this themselves. There are approximately 870 Pokémon under these conditions.

That being said, if you count all the X-Antibody Digimon (variants of Digimon originally introduced to update older designs, the base concept didn't take off but they stuck around and new X-Antibody Digimon are introduced sometimes, Agumon X is basically a regular Agumon with Greymon's stripes, for example), there are about 900 Digimon. And then if you count the Appmon (which are a spin-off kind of Digimon which aren't actually Digimon but also kind of are...), then there's over 1000 Digimon.

I thought there were less Digimon than Pokémon; because Pokémon get released in huge batches from around 80-150 each generation, while Digimon come in smaller batches. However, I hadn't accounted for the fact that Digimon can be introduced anywhere, and this means the reveals can be way more frequent...

For example: new Digimon can get revealed in the V-Pets, Anime (incl. movies), Manga, Video Games or the Card Games, and all are valid Digimon. There's no set order of Digimon like Pokémon, so they play a bit fast and loose with them.

I don't think there's ever been a proper Digimon Video Game (i.e. Digimon Story, Digimon World) that has had all Digimon available, it's like if in Pokémon, the regional Pokédex was all you got and there was no National Pokédex, and therefore no way to get Pokémon not in the Regional Dex.
---Anyway, to post something actually on-topic---
Does anyone else find it weird that the Smash Blog revealed Fox months after Falco? :laugh:
I find it depressing we have so many examples of "the LOZ character with a lot of support to be a new rep but prob wont get in"
It's what happens when most of the Zelda cast are one-and-done affairs.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I find it depressing we have so many examples of "the LOZ character with a lot of support to be a new rep but prob wont get in"
The struggle is real friend. People say he will be a boss, but honestly, I kind of doubt that.
Majora on the other hand...

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Why do people think Skull Kid isn't gonna happen anymore? Does him being MIA suddenly not matter now? Loz never influenced my decision on him being in, and it shouldn't for any of you guys as well.
Vergeben + Incineroar + Ken + "Reveals are slowing down" + People still backing up the box = Not just Skull Kid but pretty much every support group is trying to slow down a bit.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Why do people think Skull Kid isn't gonna happen anymore? Does him being MIA suddenly not matter now? Loz never influenced my decision on him being in, and it shouldn't for any of you guys as well.
As someone people have said. Speculation was toned down due to several theories, sakurai himself and even vergeben, so everyone is just adjusting their wild expectations to more realistic/safer options.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like Loz really was the ringleader in Skull Kid support, and due to both Alax's hand in it, along with Mimique basically feeding Alax info from "The very credible leaker Loz" as Mimique put it, now that Loz was outed as a fraud, the support dropped like a rock.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I agree with the sentiment of your post, particularly on how Zelda fans seem to jump from character to character. Though on Midna, Toon Link also had a lot of support, particularly so in Japan (Phantom Hourglass was the last Zelda game to sell over a million copies in Japan until Breath of the Wild's release). In general, there were various notably sized Zelda character fanbases during the pre-Brawl period (Midna, Toon Link, Tingle, and Vaati).

After Brawl's release, there was basically no strong Zelda newcomer choice for years until Skyward Sword's release. Even with Breath of the Wild's release (the highest selling game in the series), is there a particular character from that game people have gravitated towards?

The problem with the Zelda series is that there are only three major re-occurring characters in it (Link, Zelda, and Ganon/dorf). Impa might be the next most re-occurring character, but most of the time she is just an old woman (with the exceptions of Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and the spinoff Hyrule Warriors). I actually think Impa would be a fantastic choice for an echo fighter of Sheik.

However, I understand the frustration of Zelda fans seeing as the series has now gone over ten years without a newcomer (and 17 years without a newcomer that is not a derivative of Link). However, aside from characters, the Zelda franchise is very blessed in content. It has more items based off of it than any other series in Smash Bros. with the exception of Mario. It also has the second highest amount of stages in Ultimate (nine stages), which is more than even Pokemon, and the only series it has less than is Mario (which traditionally even from the first game in the series, has always had significantly more stages than other franchises represented in the game).

I do think Skull Kid is certainly a contender for a DLC character so long as he is not an Assist Trophy or a boss. I think him and Impa are probably the only plausible contenders for a Zelda newcomer right now.

Perhaps a better example would have been Ashley.
I can't believe I forgot to mention Toon Link in particular, considering young me was hoping so much for him to be in Brawl.

The problem with Impa is that while she is a reoccurring character, the only time she truly got to shine was Skyward Sword and that's a shame honestly. If she had a more active role in Breath of the Wild, instead of the "knowledge source" that she was, I could see the argument for her making it in as a unique fighter, but I do think she has a great shot at echo status.

Skull Kid atm has the best shot at unique fighter status, with Tingle I think (unless his AT was shown and I haven't seen it). The missing AT and the Moon being added along with the Rambling Shroom taking another effect that the AT used is curious. Of course they could just be taking him out entirely like Isaac.

Ashley always had the "popular in Japan" thing that I think vastly inflated how many people actually wanted her. That's not to say she isn't a popular Smash pick, because certainly for a lot of core smash fans she is, just that when you have something so vague going around it makes it hard to accurately tell how popular a character is.

Is this what we’re going with now? People saying that Skull Kid likely won’t happen in the base game = people “turning on” him?
If you want people “turning on” a character, look at what happened to Ridley after Shokio started the whole “too big” craze. Look at what happened to Bayonetta upon her winning the ballot and then being incredibly OP. Look at what happened to Fire Emblem characters in general.
Hell, if you want an example of people turning on characters that aren’t in yet, just look at Bandana Waddle Dee.
It’s not that people don’t want Skull Kid. It’s that they simply don’t think he’s likely.
Maybe my wording was poor, I apologize. I didn't want to suggest that people were villianizing Skull Kid or anything, just that they were changing their minds, turning their perception on him being in. Like I said in my post:

I'd imagine most people would be fine with him in but don't outright support him.

FE is a true example of that villianizing. And the Hat Goomba thing.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay long post.

So I personally think:
- Ken
- Shadow
- Dixie

Are our final echo fighters, and Ken and Shadow may be revealed together on the account of being 3rd party echoes for existing characters. Shadow is in Isabelle's shoes at the moment, so he could also be a unique fighter, but I have a better Sonic rep for that. Dixie just seems like an obvious echo choice but she may also be unique one day. There may be more but at this point, who knows?

Next:
-Incineroar
-Geno
-Celica
-Skull Kid
-Tails

As possible final rep contenders. I'm fairly confident in that Celica/Geno rumor but we'll see. Plus, it wouldn't be Sakurai OR Smash if FE didn't get yet another rep, especially a relevant one like Celica. The reason I've mentioned both Shadow and Skull Kid is similarly, they are in Isabelle's exact situation: Replaced by another AT of the same game/series and nowhere to be seen as of yet. With Shadow I can also see Tails as a possible unique like Isabelle. The thing with Sega and Sonic is, its their biggest IP by far, and I personally think more Sonic in Smash is what they'd rather do than take risks with other franchises. At this point I'm confident Saki will remain an AT and Custom Robo was likely removed due to his trademark being gone, unless they are allowed to keep him. I guess Minecraft may have a character, but I'm still skeptical that Steve will be playable. I personally think the series will firmly remain in AT/Stage territory. And no, I do not expect all 8 of these characters I just mentioned to be in base, just my personal belief that they are some of the highest contenders. I personally think Incineroar and Geno may be the only ones that actually make it. I do hope for Skull Kid though for Zelda fans.

For DLC, I have a theory that due to the abundance of time they had to spend on veterans and adding only a few more newcomers, DLC will be pretty significant to make up for this, in addition to opportunity of making a decent chunk of revenue from it:

-Sora- I personally believe he will be heavily promoted with KH3 and eventual ports of the first games to the Switch at some point. I don't expect it in January, but possibly later on

-Dante- Like with Snake and MGS4, I personally belive Dante will be added at some point due to DMC V. Personal opinion. He's pretty relevant atm like Sora.

-Isaac- As I've mentioned before in other posts, I think Golden Sun is getting an eventual revival, especially since its trademark was renewed 4 years earlier than they had to, as well has been updated to include releases on "home consoles". He'll possibly be promoted as a new 1st party DLC fighter for Nintendo. Add Felix as an echo simply because he's sometimes defined as the main hero of GS anyway.

-Rhythm Heaven- Similar situation to Golden Sun, so I'd assume it'd be DLC as a sales strategy. Pick your character, I'm honestly unsure which one they'd pick. Will they go for an "Ice Climbers-esque" character in the form of Chorus Kids? A typical fighter like Karate Joe? An atypical fighter with Rhythm Girl? I'd vote for her, just something new and different lol. Who knows. Either they are in base or will possibly be used to promote a new RH game.

-Edelgard- We all know this is happening. 3 Houses will most certainly warrant another FE rep. Edelgard is the main character it seems. I personally don't mind Celica and Edelgard as reps. They'd both be pretty unique in their own regards.

-Spring Man- This is a pretty big possibility. ARMS was a pretty decent success as a Nintendo IP and will probably get a sequel. He has the look and feel of an interesting Smash fighter. Ribbon Girl as an echo.

-Reyn/Elma/Rex- This one is interesting to me. I have a feeling Xenoblade may not get additional representation in base, but I am fully confident that it will via DLC. I'm also unsure who'd be the one to get in or promoted. Reyn seems like the least likely of the 3, since XC1 was 6 years ago now and Shulk perfectly represents the game. However, I'm surprised Reyn is not represented at all in Smash. So....interesting. Elma is a big one. We all know people want her, and I'm sure XCX will get ported to the switch sooner or later. My dilemma however is if she'd be chosen over Rex, who's more relevant. Biggest thing against Rex to me is that he is not nearly as popular or memorable, and I can see Elma being a more interesting pick, even though I'm interested to see how they'd incorporate the Blade/Driver system in a Smash game if it were Rex.

^Right there are exactly 7 DLC contenders, same as Smash 4, but on the chance it surpasses it (and it probably will), lets keep going.

-Lloyd/Yuri- Bamco has yet to add another rep aside from Pac-man. With Tales of Vesperia coming to Switch, I can see how Yuri would be relevant, but I'd have to think Lloyd would be chosen as he is by far the most iconic Tales of Character.

-Heihachi/Yoshimitsu- This one is was pretty hard to determine. Bamco could possibly get yet another fighter here and I could see it being from either of these 2 franchises, but only one tbh. Personally, I'd love it to be Yoshimitsu. He is by far one of the most iconic Bamco fighters there is. Additionally he represents both series and his fighting style is so ridiculously unique, much more so than Heihachi's.

-Banjo and Kazooie- Tinfoil hat time. I do think Minecraft is much much better represented as a stage or AT's. Its a personal opinion, but whatever happens, it ALSO means Nintendo is partnering with Microsoft in several aspects. Banjo is by far the biggest character Sakurai could pull from Microsoft, save for Master Chief, but I'd think Banjo has a better pull into a Nintendo franchise. I sincerely think this would be the big crowd pleaser. There are the last characters from an era of Nintendo that has only been preserved in Smash, quite possibly the last characters to provide that sense of nostalgia unless Activision decides to play ball and lend Spyro/Crash to join in. Same goes for Ubisoft and Rayman. If Banjo and Kazooie get in, it will mark the first time that classic western IP's finally leave their footprint in Smash. Minecraft will certainly be a help though, but I think Banjo will truly break down the barrier.

So there you have it. 3 more echo fighters. 2-5 more unique fighters. 10 Unique DLC fighters with some Echo fighters sprinkled in there for good measure. DLC will be even more significant in additions than base, and I think this will be purposefully done. There are some others I want, namely from games from already represented franchises. Like K. Rool and Ridley were once, Porky, Masked Man and several others will continue to be on my wishlist's. But I do think these are the heavy hitters. Who knows though, its possible DLC won't entirely be just promotional.

Tl;dr:

Echo: Shadow, Ken, Dixie
Unique: Incineroar, Celica, Geno, Skull Kid, Tails (not all of them)
DLC: 3rd Party: Sora, Dante, Banjo, Lloyd, Yoshimitsu,
1st Party: Spring Man (Ribbon Girl), Isaac, Rhythm Girl/Chorus Kids/Karate Joe, Elma, Edelgard

Other Possible 3rd Party DLC: Rayman, Spyro, and Crash. Due to their recent affiliations with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wish there would have been the same enthusiasm for Skull Kid in the ballot days.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Okay long post.

So I personally think:
- Ken
- Shadow
- Dixie

Are our final echo fighters, and Ken and Shadow may be revealed together on the account of being 3rd party echoes for existing characters. Shadow is in Isabelle's shoes at the moment, so he could also be a unique fighter, but I have a better Sonic rep for that. Dixie just seems like an obvious echo choice but she may also be unique one day. There may be more but at this point, who knows?

-Incineroar
-Geno
-Celica
-Skull Kid
-Tails

As possible final rep contenders. I'm fairly confident in that Celica/Geno rumor but we'll see. Plus, it wouldn't be Sakurai OR Smash if FE didn't get yet another rep, especially a relevant one like Celica. The reason I've mentioned both Shadow and Skull Kid is similarly, they are in Isabelle's exact situation: Replaced by another AT of the same game/series and nowhere to be seen as of yet. With Shadow I can also see Tails as a possible unique like Isabelle, but who knows. At this point I'm confident Saki will remain an AT and Custom Robo was likely removed due to his trademark being gone, unless they are allowed to keep him. I guess Minecraft may have a character, but I'm still skeptical that Steve will be playable. I personally think the series will firmly remain in AT/Stage territory. And no, I do not expect all 8 of these characters I just mentioned to be in base, just my personal belief that they are some of the highest contenders. I personally think Incineroar and Geno may be the only ones that actually make it. I do hope for Skull Kid though for Zelda fans.

For DLC, I have a theory that due to the abundance of time they had to spend on veterans and adding only a few more newcomers, DLC will be pretty significant to make up for this, in addition to opportunity of making a decent chunk of revenue from it:

-Sora- I personally believe he will be heavily promoted with KH3 and eventual ports of the first games to the Switch at some point. I don't expect it in January, but possibly later on

-Dante- Like with Snake and MGS4, I personally belive Dante will be added at some point due to DMC V. Personal opinion. He's pretty relevant atm like Sora.

-Isaac- As I mentioned before, I think Golden Sun is getting an eventual revival, especially since its trademark was renewed 4 years earlier than they had to, as well has been updated to include releases on "home consoles". He'll possibly be promoted as a new DLC 1st party DLC fighter for Nintendo. Add Felix as an echo simply because he's sometimes defined as the main hero of GS anyway.

-Rhythm Heaven- Similar situation to Golden Sun, so I'd assume it'd be DLC as a sales strategy. Pick your character, I'm honestly unsure which one they'd pick. Will they go for an "Ice Climbers-esque" character in the form of Chorus Kids? A typical fighter like Karate Joe? An atypical fighter with Rhythm Girl? I'd vote for her, just something new and different lol. Who knows. Either they are in base or will possibly be used to promote a new RH game.

-Edelgard- We all know this is happening. 3 Houses will most certainly warrant another FE rep. Edelgard is the main character it seems. I personally don't mind Celica and Edelgard as reps. They'd both be pretty unique in their own regards.

-Spring Man- This is a pretty big possibility. ARMS was a pretty decent success as a Nintendo IP and will probably get a sequel. He has the look and feel of an interesting Smash fighter. Ribbon Girl as an echo.

-Reyn/Elma/Rex- This one is interesting to me. I have a feeling Xenoblade may not get additional representation in base, but I am fully confident that it will via DLC. I'm also unsure who'd be the one to get in or promoted. Reyn seems like the least likely of the 3, since XC1 was 6 years ago now and Shulk perfectly represents the game. However, I'm surprised Reyn is not represented at all in Smash. So....interesting. Elma is a big one. We all know people want her, and I'm sure XCX will get ported to the switch sooner or later. My dilemma however is if she'd be chosen over Rex, who's more relevant. Biggest thing against Rex to me is that he is not nearly as popular or memorable, and I can see Elma being a more interesting pick, even though I'm interested to see how they'd incorporate the Blade/Driver system in a Smash game if it were Rex.

^Right there are exactly 7 DLC contenders, same as Smash 4, but on the chance it surpasses it (and it probably will), lets keep going.

-Lloyd/Yuri- Bamco has yet to add another rep aside from Pac-man. With Tales of Vesperia coming to Switch, I can see how Yuri would be relevant, but I'd have to think Lloyd would be chosen as he is by far the most iconic Tales of Character.

-Heihachi/Yoshimitsu- This one is was pretty hard to determine. Bamco could possibly get yet another fighter here and I could see it being from either of these 2 franchises, but only one tbh. Personally, I'd love it to be Yoshimitsu. He is by far one of the most iconic Bamco fighters there is. Additionally he represents both series and his fighting style is so ridiculously unique, much more so than Heihachi's.

-Banjo and Kazooie- Tinfoil hat time. I do think Minecraft is much much better represented as a stage or AT's. Its a personal opinion, but whatever happens, it ALSO means Nintendo is partnering with Microsoft in several aspects. Banjo is by far the biggest character Sakurai could pull from Microsoft, save for Master Chief, but I'd think Banjo has a better pull into a Nintendo franchise. I sincerely think this would be the big crowd pleaser. There are the last characters from an era of Nintendo that has only been preserved in Smash, quite possibly the last characters to provide that sense of nostalgia unless Activision decides to play ball and lend Spyro/Crash to join in. Same goes for Ubisoft and Rayman. If Banjo and Kazooie get in, it will mark the first time that classic western IP's finally leave their footprint in Smash. Minecraft will certainly be a help though, but I think Banjo will truly break down the barrier.

So there you have it. 3 more echo fighters. 2-5 more unique fighters. 10 Unique DLC fighters with some Echo fighters sprinkled in there for good measure. DLC will be even more significant in additions than base, and I think this will be purposefully done. There are some others I want, namely from games from already represented franchises. Like K. Rool and Ridley were once, Porky, Masked Man and several others will continue to be on my wishlist's. But I do think these are the heavy hitters. Who knows though, its possible DLC won't entirely be just promotional.

Tl;dr:

Echo: Shadow, Ken, Dixie
Unique: Incineroar, Celica, Geno, Skull Kid, Tails (not all of them)
DLC: 3rd Party: Sora, Dante, Banjo, Lloyd, Yoshimitsu,
1st Party: Spring Man (Ribbon Girl), Isaac, Rhythm Girl/Chorus Kids/Karate Joe, Elma, Edelgard
Holy cow that is a lot of info.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I feel like Loz really was the ringleader in Skull Kid support, and due to both Alax's hand in it, along with Mimique basically feeding Alax info from "The very credible leaker Loz" as Mimique put it, now that Loz was outed as a fraud, the support dropped like a rock.
That as well as the God Forsaken Box appearing right after that.
Everyone clung to that and beat any predictions into the dirt if it had more than 2 characters. IMO

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Mimique still seems to think Skull Kid is in, and he’s been right about practically everything he’s ever said so far. The thing is, he’s not a leaker, he’s just a guy who happens to have a very good track record with his predictions. I mean, the guy predicted Isabelle would be a unique. I’m not sure you can get luckier than that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think he has any more chance than Dillon at this point, who's AT has also not been seen

Shroob

Sup?
Mimique still seems to think Skull Kid is in, and he’s been right about practically everything he’s ever said so far. The thing is, he’s not a leaker, he’s just a guy who happens to have a very good track record with his predictions. I mean, the guy predicted Isabelle would be a unique. I’m not sure you can get luckier than that.
Mimique also though Loz was "Very credible".

Mimique's a lucky guesser, nothing more.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Not in context but Nintendo posted a picture of Waluigi doing a dance. It looks like some kid drew crayon of Waluigi. It looks cute!
Inb4 "wAlUiGi CoNfIRmEd??" Cospiracies in 3...2...1...

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I wish there would have been the same enthusiasm for Skull Kid in the ballot days.
And who's to say he didn't score high? Obviously not in the light of K. Rool and other big names, but we still don't know what the official results of the ballot are.
For all we know he could have been in the top ten! (Doubtful, but who knows for sure)

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Ridley fans had enthusiasm despite him being a boss
I mean, the Ridley fanbase is slightly insane. I should know, I supported him. Dude got outright deconfirmed by Sakurai multiple times and they STILL asked.

Also you can't just compare the literal biggest support base for a character to another and invalidate them purely on that.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Mimique also though Loz was "Very credible".

Mimique's a lucky guesser, nothing more.
The thing is, Mimique’s guesses are on the optimistic end of the spectrum, and that’s automatically a red flag. Add to that he owns the server that came up with the blog theory, so he’s probably an asshole too.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing is, Mimique’s guesses are on the optimistic end of the spectrum, and that’s automatically a red flag. Add to that he owns the server that came up with the blog theory, so he’s probably an ******* too.
I'm not even sure what that censored word is.

D

Deleted member

Not in context but Nintendo posted a picture of Waluigi doing a dance. It looks like some drew crayon of Waluigi. It looks cute!
Inb4 Waluigi conspiracies in 3...2...1...
*Sigh*

Someday, my purple friend, someday...

Also yes, that picture is very funny and cute. I love it when Nintendo ads in little things like that in their games. It's what makes them so charming!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like Skull Kid is too popular for Sakurai to bench him as an AT. Or rather, popular enough where Sakurai wouldn't bench him.

I mean, Sakurai clarified that he wasn't playable when his AT was announced (which was not the case for the other ATs, besides Waluigi).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not in context but Nintendo posted a picture of Waluigi doing a dance. It looks like some kid drew crayon of Waluigi. It looks cute!
his shoes aren't even right 2/10

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, let me ask something. For potential newcomers, we have...

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Xenoblade Rep.
Dante
ARMS Rep.
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who, out of the ones on the list do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in. You can bring up those not on the list if you'd like.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My Ultimate Pipedream prediction that will 100% Never Happen:

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Skull Kid
-Tingle
-Impa
-Hilda
-Steve
-Creeper
-Herobrine
-Geno
-Boshi
-Paper Mario
-Paper Luigi / Mr. L
-Toad
-Goomba
-King Boo
-Waluigi
-Ashley
-Mona
-9-Volt
-Gengar
-Team Rocket (Jessie & James with Meowth, Arbok, Weezing, and maybe Wobbufett)
-Raichu (Kanto)
-Gardevoir
-Wurmple
-Chandelure (or any Gen 5 Pokemon, I dunno)
-Mimikyu
-Incineroar
-Porky Minch
-Ninten
-Black Shadow
-Alph
-Louie
-President
-Plasm Wraith
-Tom Nook
-Mr. Resetti
-Glass Joe
-Octoling
-Chorus Kids
-Karate Joe
-Lyn
-Celica
-Fire Emblem Lance/Spear/Axe/Whatever User
-Lip (Panel de Pon)
-Elma
-Rex & Pyra
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Eggman
-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-Funky Kong
-Lanky Kong
-Chunky Kong
-Tiny Kong
-Jeanne
-Sora w/ Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie
-Woody & Buzz
-Wreck-It Ralph & Vanelope
-Spongebob & Patrick
-Sans & Papyrus
-Frisk
-Asriel & Chara
-Undyne
-Mettaton
-Roll
-Zero
-Wood Man
-Protoman
-Cut Man
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Blinky, Inky, Pinky & Clyde
-Lloyd Irving
-Agumon
-Black Mage
-Chocobo
-Alucard
-Kid Dracula
-Chibi-Robo
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Adeleine
-Marx
-Dark Matter
-Magolor
-Isaac
-Felix
-Shantae
-Ken
-Dragon Quest Protagonist
-Slime
-Crono (Chrono Trigger)
-Robo
-Balloon Fighter
-Stanley the Bugman
-Master Hand
-Metal Mario
-Fighting Polygon Team
-Sandbag
-Goku
-Popeye
-Bugs Bunny
-Scooby-Doo
-Shrek
-Rayman
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Master Chief
-Doomguy
-Dovahkin

I also included some characters for others who want them, as I personally don't know much about them, but I am interested in them and I like to make others happy (and yes I am serious on the non-videogame characters, I know they have absolutely no chance, this was mainly for fun :p ).

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Yeah, no doubt about it. Waluigi IS the new Ridley, now. The color purple is cursed when it comes to Smash, but Mewtwo and Ridley are proof that curse can be shaken off.
The question is, however, does anyone even want it to be shaken off of Waluigi? Him and his fanbase do have a bad reputation now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean, the Ridley fanbase is slightly insane. I should know, I supported him. Dude got outright deconfirmed by Sakurai multiple times and they STILL asked.

Also you can't just compare the literal biggest support base for a character to another and invalidate them purely on that.
If you stay quiet, no one will ever know you want something

Sometimes you need to scream for people to hear you

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I think we have to remember that Skull Kid has a lot of other things going for him aside from Loz18. He is in the exact situation as Isabelle was before she was shown, with his AT seemingly replaced by other related character, similarly with Shadow and Knuckles. I have a list of like 10 other things that could possibly point to Skull Kid being a playable character that aren't related to chairs or Loz lol.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, Mimique’s guesses are on the optimistic end of the spectrum, and that’s automatically a red flag. Add to that he owns the server that came up with the blog theory, so he’s probably an ******* too.
How...how is being optimistic bad? Besides, things like the Blog Theory are just like any other theory. Box Theory works on a lot of the same principles of attempting to find patterns that may or may not exist.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in.
Isaac - DLC
Incineroar - Base
Skull Kid - Base or DLC
Black Shadow - Nope (unfortunately)
Shadow - Base
Black Knight - DLC
Banjo-Kazooie - DLC
Steve - Base
Ken - Base
Dixie Kong - DLC
Sora - DLC
Dante - Nope
Rhythm Heaven Rep. - Nope
Medusa - Base or Nothing
Celica - Nope (also unfortunately)
Geno - Base
Dragon Quest Rep. - Nope

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Him and his fanbase do have a bad reputation now.
No not really, it's usually just a vocal minority. The amount of support outweighs the people who think he's not worth the time of day.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think we have to remember that Skull Kid has a lot of other things going for him aside from Loz18. He is in the exact situation as Isabelle was before she was shown, with his AT seemingly replaced by other related character, similarly with Shadow and Knuckles. I have a list of like 10 other things that could possibly point to Skull Kid being a playable character that aren't related to chairs or Loz lol.
Yeah, but none of those things snowballed him as hard as Loz+Chairs.

Before the 8.8 Direct, Skull Kid was a "Maybe"

After though? "HOLY **** TATL AND TAEL CHAIRS CUNFURMED!"

And then Alax made two videos which each got like, 100k views?

Things spiraled out of control, especially when channels like Billybo, LaxChris, PapaGenos etc all kept reporting on Loz whenever he said anything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, no doubt about it. Waluigi IS the new Ridley, now. The color purple is cursed when it comes to Smash, but Mewtwo and Ridley are proof that curse can be shaken off.
The question is, however, does anyone even want it to be shaken off of Waluigi? Him and his fanbase do have a bad reputation now.
Reputation be damned, release the Waa.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
How...how is being optimistic bad? Besides, things like the Blog Theory are just like any other theory. Box Theory works on a lot of the same principles of attempting to find patterns that may or may not exist.
For the umpteenth time, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are optimistic in any fashion.
That’s not my words, that seems to be the words of most people now.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who, out of the ones on the list do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in. You can bring up those not on the list if you'd like.

Isaac - base
Incineroar - base
Skull Kid - base or DLC
Shadow - base or DLC
Black Knight - DLC
Banjo-Kazooie - base or DLC
Steve - Nope
Ken - base
Dixie Kong - DLC
Sora - DLC
Dante - base or DLC
Rhythm Heaven Rep. - Nope