• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Saying a character is “base roster or bust” is as dumb as saying a character is a lock. It’s the exact equal and opposite of that.
All characters have some degree of chance to them, but none of them are locks, nor do they have to be on the base roster.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know this is a little off topic but I drew a really depressed looking Ridley.
Ridley comic part six.png
I think i'm gonna use it as a reaction image down the road.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Saying a character is “base roster or bust” is as dumb as saying a character is a lock. It’s the exact equal and opposite of that.
All characters have some degree of chance to them, but none of them are locks, nor do they have to be on the base roster.
It was more of a wishlist than anything else. Nobody can for sure know who's a lock or not.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay, let me ask something. For potential newcomers, we have...

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who, out of the ones on the list do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in. You can bring up those not on the list if you'd like.
Unpopular opinion, but as much as I love Dragon Quest and how popular it is, I don't see an actual character happening. If SE were to pick a Toriyama designed character, I have a feeling they'd go for Chrono over anything, considering Chrono Trigger is highly beloved and popular even to this day, and its main character is much more memorable than any DQ protag. I personally think Geno/Sora are the ones that will be chosen first anyway.

I also personally don't think Steve is going to be playable. Just my opinion though. I think the rest are possible, at least on that list.

Yeah, but none of those things snowballed him as hard as Loz+Chairs.

Before the 8.8 Direct, Skull Kid was a "Maybe"

After though? "HOLY **** TATL AND TAEL CHAIRS CUNFURMED!"

And then Alax made two videos which each got like, 100k views?

Things spiraled out of control, especially when channels like Billybo, LaxChris, PapaGenos etc all kept reporting on Loz whenever he said anything.
I know I totally getcha. Technically, Skull Kid, before August and Loz, was in the same boat as Shadow. There are possible hints to both, but then those things happened to Skull Kid and things blew up way too much.

I personally think both have significant chances, now that Isabelle made it in, and I was always grouping her with them before her reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the umpteenth time, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are optimistic in any fashion.
That’s not my words, that seems to be the words of most people now.
Okay? Then let people be disappointed, lol. I find it interesting that some think that just because someone is optimistic and may be let down that it instantly means they'll have some sort of meltdown if they are. Not everyone is like that, and if someone wants to be optimistic, maybe let them? Seriously, what does it hurt?

For me personally, I see no need to go tell people how to feel about the game and force the opinion "You need to be pessimistic and think everything will be horrible!" To me, that's just pointless. People will think what they wanna think. If you're optimistic, cool! If your pessimistic, cool too! Everyone has their own mindset, y'know? Ah well, to each their own. :)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, I was just asking a question. It was more of a "who do you think" kind of thing rather than who will actually get in or not. I was not saying no one had a chance, ya know.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who, out of the ones on the list do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in. You can bring up those not on the list if you'd like.
Isaac - (possibly base)
Incineroar - (most likely base)
Skull Kid - (possibly base)
Black Shadow - (not gonna happen)
Shadow - (most likely base)
Black Knight - (unsure)
Banjo-Kazooie - (possibly DLC)
Steve - (possibly base)
Ken - (most likely base)
Dixie Kong - (possibly DLC)
Sora - (possibly DLC)
Dante - (not gonna happen)
Rhythm Heaven Rep. - (possibly base)
Medusa - (possibly base)
Celica - (highly unlikely unfortunately)
Geno - (possibly base)
Dragon Quest Rep. - (not gonna happen)

kylexv

Smash Master

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Isaac: Maybe base or DLC
Incineroar: Definitely Base
Skull Kid: Base or bust at this point I feel
Black Shadow: Probably won't happen
Shadow: Base if anything
Black Knight: Nope
Banjo: DLC if anything
Steve: Base or DLC
Ken: Definitely Base
Dixie Kong: Probably DLC
Sora: Not going to happen
Dante: Who knows
Rhythm Heaven: If anything, base roster
Medusa: Probably not
Celica: Doubt it
Geno: Base or DLC
Dragon Quest Rep: Base or DLC

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even Goku, Spongebob or Shrek? :teeth:

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Many, or all of these have been predicted in the past. Now, who do you think will NOT get in Smash Ultimate at all, whether in the base game or as DLC? I mean we all know in the past some characters were predicted in a Smash game and never got in.
Out of that list....

I feel that Black Shadow won't get in. F Zero is basically dead and Falcon is more than sufficient to rep it in Sakurai's eyes. Plus we still have Falcondorf and not Canondorf.

Celica won't age very well. Echoes was a great game with underwhelming sales that doesn't strongly merit a newcomer, much less one that can't really be an Echo. Corrin's game was a much bigger deal despite its criticism. If any FE unique newcomer gets in, it'll be a TH character.

I don't think Medusa will make the cut. Kid Icarus is already pushing it in regards to content, and although she's a feasible Echo, I don't feel her franchise is going anywhere for quite a while (especially when it's foster father is always busy with Smash), so I can't imagine she'd make it.

Sora has the status, but he's a licensing nightmare due to being co-owned by both Square and Disney. He may be just too much work to pull off.

Dante isn't happening. I just can't see it. His history with Nintendo is minimal, Capcom already has 2 (possibly 3) fighters, and "the guy who made him also made Bayonetta" is a poor argument. He only gets considered because of leaks.

Steve isn't in. Minecon more or less confirmed it, and his moveset potential is pretty minimal. He also has no personality or animations. Hes literally designed to be a blank slate. We already have that: they're called Mii Fighters. Minecraft may get a stage or some other content, but not a fighter.

Why no Xenoblade reps? Elma and Rex place ahead of a lot of these characters.

All of the others are the main characters in contention at the moment. For one reason or another, they all have a fairly solid shot. As for who would be base vs DLC, who really knows?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Any clue if phantom footstooling is back by the way? There's just been way too many times when I accidentally did one with Charizard and ended up way too high in the air making landing even more of a pain then it already is with Zard.

I really hope it's gone, there's pretty much no point to it existing. It seems like a quirk of the game engine the developers didn't intend to actually be in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay? Then let people be disappointed, lol. I find it interesting that some think that just because someone is optimistic and may be let down that it instantly means they'll have some sort of meltdown if they are. Not everyone is like that, and if someone wants to be optimistic, maybe let them? Seriously, what does it hurt?

For me personally, I see no need to go tell people how to feel about the game and force the opinion "You need to be pessimistic and think everything will be horrible!" To me, that's just pointless. People will think what they wanna think. If you're optimistic, cool! If your pessimistic, cool too! Everyone has their own mindset, y'know? Ah well, to each their own. :)
I partially agree with what he's saying though, just not in the same way.

Don't think of it as being pessimistic, just taper your expectations a touch is all.

Like, just the other day, we nearly had someone throw a fit that we hadn't seen Shadow yet and how "Sakurai hates us Shadow fans!" and all that ****.

This is only going to get worse times ten if people don't take a step back and realize "Is just game, y u haf 2 be mad."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Out of that list....

I feel that Black Shadow won't get in. F Zero is basically dead and Falcon is more than sufficient to rep it in Sakurai's eyes. Plus we still have Falcondorf and not Canondorf.

Celica won't age very well. Echoes was a great game with underwhelming sales that doesn't strongly merit a newcomer, much less one that can't really be an Echo. Corrin's game was a much bigger deal despite its criticism. If any FE unique newcomer gets in, it'll be a TH character.

I don't think Medusa will make the cut. Kid Icarus is already pushing it in regards to content, and although she's a feasible Echo, I don't feel her franchise is going anywhere for quite a while (especially when it's foster father is always busy with Smash), so I can't imagine she'd make it.

Sora has the status, but he's a licensing nightmare due to being co-owned by both Square and Disney. He may be just too much work to pull off.

Dante isn't happening. I just can't see it. His history with Nintendo is minimal, Capcom already has 2 (possibly 3) fighters, and "the guy who made him also made Bayonetta" is a poor argument. He only gets considered because of leaks.

Steve isn't in. Minecon more or less confirmed it, and his moveset potential is pretty minimal. He also has no personality or animations. Hes literally designed to be a blank slate. We already have that: they're called Mii Fighters. Minecraft may get a stage or some other content, but not a fighter.

All of the others are the main characters in contention at the moment. For one reason or another, they all have a fairly solid shot.
Oops! Forgot about Xenoblade! Just added that to the list.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Isaac: Base
Incineroar: Base
Skull Kid: DLC, possibly neither
Black Shadow: Neither
Shadow: Base
Black Knight: Neither
Banjo-Kazooie: Base (pls)
Steve: Neither, possibly DLC
Ken: Base
Dixie Kong: DLC, possibly base
Sora: DLC
Dante: DLC
Rhythm Heaven Rep.: Neither
Medusa: Neither, possibly DLC
Celica: Neither
Geno: Base
Dragon Quest Rep.: Neither, possibly DLC

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I personally feel sorta disappointed having Box Theory in mind; people are gonna feel disappointed if their character isn't in either way, so meh. The game is incredible, certainly the best Smash Bros. by far, but it's always disappointing when your favorite characters aren't present.

Not that I expect a ton of characters, but I expect at least 2-3 more after Kencineroar. I personally believe in PapaGenos' theory (which I remember reading someone else had before as well but no one noticed?), where it's almost the same except the box and card just won't have all the characters because they want them printed and shipped in time (so by mid-October-to-November I'm guessing), but waited until they had Incineroar and Ken. It's more realistic than the best chances of Blog Theory and it still leaves a little room for characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Isaac-Perhaps dlc
Incineroar-Base roster
Skull Kid-Maybe a boss, maybe he's still an AT
Black Shadow-It could happen, but I don't see it. F Zero's not allowed to have new characters
Shadow-Base roster
Black Knight-I don't see it happening
Banjo-Kazooie-Perfect for dlc
Steve-Maybe base, maybe dlc
Ken-He's a lock
Dixie Kong-That's a hard maybe
Sora-Could be base, but perfect for dlc
Dante-lol nope
Rhythm Heaven-Maybe
Medusa-I don't see it
Celica-I don't think so
Geno-If not base, definitely dlc
Dragon Quest rep-Ask again later

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
To give Skull Kid some credit, I think as a character he has more merit than one-hit wonders like Midna and Ghirahim. More than anything because Majora's Mask remains such an iconic Zelda image after more than a decade of existing. If the character happened it's more likely people would instantly recognize the image compared to if, say, something like Groose or Tingle got suddenly revealed.

Not that I'd dislike those characters. Groose deserved more.

D

Deleted member

I partially agree with what he's saying though, just not in the same way.

Don't think of it as being pessimistic, just taper your expectations a touch is all.

Like, just the other day, we nearly had someone throw a fit that we hadn't seen Shadow yet and how "Sakurai hates us Shadow fans!" and all that ****.

This is only going to get worse times ten if people don't take a step back and realize "Is just game, y u haf 2 be mad."
I agree about lowering expectations and keeping in mind it is just a game for sure. All I was saying is that it's not necessary in my eyes to force that opinion. People will react the way they will react, and there isn't much we can do about it but hope it will be in a fashion that isn't shameful or rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Dante
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Isaac (Base or DLC)
Incineroar (Base)
Skull Kid (DLC or Bust)
Black Shadow (Base or Bust)
Shadow (Base)
Black Knight (Not Happening)
Banjo-Kazooie (Base or DLC)
Steve (Base or DLC)
Ken (Base)
Dixie Kong (Base or DLC)
Sora (DLC)
Dante (Base or Bust)
Rythem Heaven Rep (Base or DLC)
Medusa (Not Happening)
Celica (Base or Bust)
Geno (Base or DLC)
Dragon Quest Rep. (Base or DLC)

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Whoa, now THAT'S a jump...

Saying a third party from a series that isn't too Nintendo central is just as prominent and has a presence like K. ROOL does is silly.

I'm sure Lloyd's got a shot but let's not use that kinda hyperbole.
a jump how?
k rool and him have the same level of recognition given in smash 4. better yet he has the same level as the smash fans idol geno.

until i see it happen i don't buy geno as a SE rep. especially not as DLC. Lloyd is the most known protagonist from the tales franchise and it has east and west fans. tales of Symphonia old 1.1 million.
tales of vesperia was such a big deal Japanese players bought XBOXs. that's actually crazy.
I dont know why Lloyd has been constantly undersold i tihkn he just never became a fan darling.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Final Fantasy has a way, way longed history with Nintendo than even many of the Nintendo series themselves. Cloud is the most popular FF character so he represents it. Sakurai already confirmed this. Devil May Cry cannot compare.
He is however listed under Final Fantasy VII rather then Final Fantasy itself so...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Optimism is something that can take many forms, good or bad.

You can be naively optimistic and expect the best possible outcome even in the face of evidence. You can be realistically optimistic and keep your expectations reasonable and grounded in reality. You could also be cautiously optimistic and hope for the best without getting too caught up in your hopes. I personally believe that last one is the best mentality to have during speculation periods as it allows you to keep looking forward to announcements and have fun speculating without setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Out of that list....

All of the others are the main characters in contention at the moment. For one reason or another, they all have a fairly solid shot.
Just my 2 cents on 2 of your arguments. For Dante, its not that people only say "the guy who made him also made Bayonetta", its that Dante and Devil May Cry pioneered the entire Genre Bayonetta became famous for. I do agree with you though that he hasn't really appeared on nearly any Nintendo systems, save for 2 crossover games on the 3ds.

For Celica, remember that Corrin was put in Smash before Fates was even released, so sales would likely have little to do with her being in. She is however, pretty popular, much more so than Corrin, and still relevant. Just to pour mountains of salt on the anti-FE fanbase, I can see both Celica and Edelgard being in the game, base and DLC respectively lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Optimism is something that can take many forms, good or bad.

You can be naively optimistic and expect the best possible outcome even in the face of evidence. You can be realistically optimistic and keep your expectations reasonable and grounded in reality. You could also be cautiously optimistic and hope for the best without getting too caught up in your hopes and remembering that disappointment is still possible. I personally believe that last one is the best mentality to have during speculation periods as it allows you to keep looking forward to announcements and have fun speculating without setting yourself up for disappointment.
Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you. :)

At the end of the day, this speculation and discussion is just for fun, y'know? It's best not to take it too seriously.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
He is however listed under Final Fantasy VII rather then Final Fantasy itself so...
Probably because FF7 is an entire game compilation and a series of its own now. Nonetheless, Cloud already pushes the boundaries of newcomers to the extreme, which is why he was so surprising. But Final Fantasy has very few characters that can compare to him as gaming icons, so being the face of the series despite his game being the first on a competitor's console makes sense.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Xenoblade Rep.
Dante
ARMS Rep.
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.

Isaac - DLC
Incineroar - Likely base
Skull Kid - Boss or DLC
Black Shadow - Dead
Shadow - DLC
Black Knight - Dead
Banjo - DLC or base?
Steve - I don't even know
Ken - Kenfirmed
Dixie - Maybe DLC
Sora - DLC
Xenoblade - Rex (or Lora?) DLC, Elma dead
Dante - Dead
ARMS - DLC, if it even happens
Rhythm Heaven - Dead
Medusa - Dead
Celica - Hmm...
Geno - Base?
DQ character - Hmm...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably because FF7 is an entire game compilation and a series of its own now. Nonetheless, Cloud already pushes the boundaries of newcomers to the extreme, which is why he was so surprising. But Final Fantasy has very few characters that can compare to him as gamig icons, so being the face of the series despite his game being the first on a competitor's console makes sense.
Fair enough.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Isaac
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Shadow
Black Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Steve
Ken
Dixie Kong
Sora
Xenoblade Rep.
Dante
ARMS Rep.
Rhythm Heaven Rep.
Medusa
Celica
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.
Isaac DLC
Incineroar BASE
Skull Kid BASE
Black Shadow DLC
Shadow BASE
Black Knight BASE
Banjo-Kazooie BASE
Steve DLC (Seriously, people know him and WILL pay for him more than Banjo)
Ken BASE
Dixie Kong DLC
Sora NOPE
Xenoblade Rep. DLC
Dante NOPE
ARMS Rep. NOPE
Rhythm Heaven Rep. NOPE
Medusa DLC
Celica NOPE
Geno BASE
Dragon Quest Rep. NOPE

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isaac - Base
Incineroar - Lock
Skull Kid - Boss
Black Shadow - Not happening
Shadow - Base
Black Knight - Boss or not happening
Banjo - Base or DLC
Steve - Not happening
Ken - Lock
Dixie - Possibility DLC
Sora - DLC
Dante - Not happening
Spring Man - DLC
Ribbon Girl - DLC
Rhythm Heaven - Base or DLC
Medusa - Base or DLC
Celica - Possibility Base
Geno - Base
DQ character - DLC
Elma - Base or Bust
Rex - DLC

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Just my 2 cents on 2 of your arguments. For Dante, its not that people only say "the guy who made him also made Bayonetta", its that Dante and Devil May Cry pioneered the entire Genre Bayonetta became famous for. I do agree with you though that he hasn't really appeared on nearly any Nintendo systems, save for 2 crossover games on the 3ds.

For Celica, remember that Corrin was put in Smash before Fates was even released, so sales would likely have little to do with her being in. She is however, pretty popular, much more so than Corrin, and still relevant. Just to pour mountains of salt on the anti-FE fanbase, I can see both Celica and Edelgard being in the game, base and DLC respectively lol.
Good points, but doesn't Bayonetta already represent the genre that Dante created, and do it much more fittingly due to having stronger Nintendo ties? Even if the genre is part of the appeal, we have the genre already staking its claim (and destroying the Smash 4 meta) so Dante doesn't feel all that necessary.

And Celica is great, I just feel that she has a couple of major issues. She can't really be an Echo, she shares a main character role with Alm (meaning Sakurai would have to deliberately exclude 1 half of a whole to put her in and not him), and Echoes is sandwiched between two main Fire Emblem entries that came out shortly before and after it, giving her a similar "middle child syndrome" as characters like Elma. Also I'd prefer Black Knight, so I may be a little biased.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The problem with Dixie Kong was that she wasn't REALLY requested until Tropical Freeze came out. She was considered more dead than K. Rool before then. A lot of fans, K. Rool fans included, jumped on the Dixie bandwagon after K. Rool was disconfirmed for Smash For. Dixie wasn't considered "super important" until VERY recently. K. Rool, ever since Diddy Kong, was always the top DK fan pick. Dixie got second place because of her inclusion in Tropical Freeze. Even then, there's quite a few DK fans that want Cranky more so than Dixie.

The K. Rool fans not crossing over is a pretty big blow, I mean really. But the same could be same for Sylux. After Ridley's disconfirmation Sylux's popularity got quite the boost but it was because Ridley wasn't getting in. I think the same thing happened with Dixie and I don't think ****ting on the K. Rool fanbase is really deserving. The Dixie fanbase had a lot of crossover with the K. Rool fanbase and most of them cared more about K. Rool than Dixie. And that's all there really is to it. DK fans got their most wanted, and they're grateful. I don't understand why that's necessarily a sin.
With Sylux, I'd say wait until Prime 4 as they'll no doubt get a more fleshed out boss fight which gives more moveset potential. Would be surprised if they didn't make it in as a promotional character
Hopefully we're not in this planet because there no reason for this to happens, since Sora fans knows his difficulty to gets in.
There will be idiot everywhere...

However, if Sora gets in and not geno....Now it's going to be a ****storm in this forum that I don't want to look at. Especially with the """"kind""""" words the Support thread had for this thread here because people DARE think about other Square-Rep than Geno
Ooh, ooh, did they say anything about me~?

Chrono.

Good points, but doesn't Bayonetta already represent the genre that Dante created, and do it much more fittingly due to having stronger Nintendo ties? Even if the genre is part of the appeal, we have the genre already staking its claim (and destroying the Smash 4 meta) so Dante doesn't feel all that necessary.

And Celica is great, I just feel that she has a couple of major issues. She can't really be an Echo, she shares a main character role with Alm (meaning Sakurai would have to deliberately exclude 1 half of a whole to put her in and not him), and Echoes is sandwiched between two main Fire Emblem entries that came out shortly before and after it, giving her a similar "middle child syndrome" as characters like Elma. Also I'd prefer Black Knight, so I may be a little biased.
To be fair, sharing a main character role didn't exactly stop Robin from getting in over Chrom (initially.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom