• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Unpopular opinions? Here's some of mine that will get some hate.

:006: is the worst Pokémon and never should've been added.

Fawful is more deserving than Geno

Kamek is a glaring omission at this point

Falcondorf is fine.

Either Kirby, Pokémon, or Scribblenauts.
Not sure if i'm going to tell you my unpopular Opinions, just Because i might get people Angry, and i do Not want that... Just gonna stay quiet so no One gets mad at me...
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

Pick 1 Smash Franchise (hell, it can be one that isn't in SSB yet if you want) and say how you would shamelessly cater to your own bias in Smash with content

My bias? Pokemon:

I would include three more Pokemon for Ultimate, a 3rd Gen, 5th Gen, and 7th Gen, and reveal them all in the same trailer
Pikachu's/Pichu's Side Special is now Volt Tackle (its much faster than Charizard's Flare Blitz, but does less damage and no recoil to itself)
Pikachu's/Pichu's Final Smash will be its Z-Move instead
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball damages as it charges
All of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon will gain a 4th special; Pokemon Changing is now down by pressing A+B together
Even more stages including: Poke Floats, Tower of Mastery, Pokemon Battle Royal Ring, Battle Frontier Emerald, and Poketopia
Greninja in Ultimate is Smash 4 out-of-the-gate, pre-patched level (before the 20 nerfs and patches)

EDIT
Mewtwo is now a floaty, heavy character, at least as heavy as Samus.
Each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon also have their own Final Smash, instead of just doing one Triple Finish, giving players options before letting loose their FS.
Rhythm Heaven...

• Two Characters (Not One) Rhythm Girl and Chorus Kids
  • Rhythm Girl would use items and characters from the Series in her Moveset,
  • While the Chorus Kids' main gimmick is the fact that they are a three person team...
  • Karate Joe Assist Trophy
  • Stage: Remix 10 is a mix of a bunch of Rhythm Heaven games...
  • 40 Tracks: Rhythm Heaven is known for it's music... Can you blame me?

This would never happen, But I don't care...

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

Pick 1 Smash Franchise (hell, it can be one that isn't in SSB yet if you want) and say how you would shamelessly cater to your own bias in Smash with content

My bias? Pokemon:

I would include three more Pokemon for Ultimate, a 3rd Gen, 5th Gen, and 7th Gen, and reveal them all in the same trailer
Pikachu's/Pichu's Side Special is now Volt Tackle (its much faster than Charizard's Flare Blitz, but does less damage and no recoil to itself)
All of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon will gain a 4th special; Pokemon Changing is now down by pressing A+B together
Even more stages including: Poke Floats, Tower of Mastery, Pokemon Battle Royal Ring, Battle Frontier Emerald, and Poketopia
Greninja in Ultimate is Smash 4 out-of-the-gate, pre-patched level (before the 20 nerfs and patches)
Final Fantasy 7:

-Sephiroth as a unique fighter. Uses a parrying and punish-heavy style with a huge disjoint.
-Zack as a Cloud Echo. All moves are the same except his Limit Charge is instead Digital Mind Wave, which rolls reels to give Zack a boost or changes his Down B to a new move, but only if they line up.
-Aerith as an AT: Uses Great Gospel to heal her summoner completely and reduce the knockback they take when in her proximity.
-Counter Materia as an item. Equips to its wielder and counters when you and your opponent clash, blocking its user from being damaged.
Sister Ray: A stage set atop the Sister Ray in Junon. Occassionally moves in front of the Ray, which strikes the stage with either a massive cannon shell or a continuous beam Mako attack.
-The following songs added:
-Shinra Inc
-Weapon Raid
-J-E-N-O-V-A
-One-winged Angel
-Jenova Absolute
-Cid's Theme
-Under the Rotting Pizza
-Crazy Motorcycle
-Judgment Day
-Hurry Faster!
-Opening Sequence/Bombing Mission
-Mako Reactor
-Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
-Those Chosen by the Planet
-On That Day, Five Years Ago

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is this the first time the memory post was actually translated?

The US English version of the site has a "Flashback" which looks like a memory post; in fact, it got it before Japan did :S

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

My bias? Pokemon:

EDIT
Each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon also have their own Final Smash, instead of just doing one Triple Finish, giving players options before letting loose their FS.
Lucario has less startup and cooldown frames on its attacks as its Aura level increases.
Zelda bias.

Midna & Wolf Link, Impa, and Skull Kid are playable now. Impa is based off HW and uses her naginata

Young Link uses masks. Transforms into Deku, Zora, and Goron forms. Fierce Diety as final smash.

Link uses the Champion powers and Sheikah slate more.

Toon Link reps the OG Smash Link but FS involves wind waker.

Ganondorf actually uses magic and his sword. No Falcondorf.

Zant and Hetsu added as ATs. Zant attacks, Hetsu dances and adds effects.

Termina, Sandship, and Lost Woods added as stages.

And mostly importantly Groose’s Theme added to the music.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I was in charge there'd be way more Pokemon content then there already is, but i'd also give the people what they want.

I'd give Yoshi an Assist Trophy, i'd give F-Zero an echo, i'd make some assist trophies like Ashley, Bomberman, Krystal and Waluigi fighters.

I'd also make Noivern a fighter, leaving everyone scratching their heads over this irrelevant Pokemon while I laugh evilly in the background.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Is this the first time the memory post was actually translated?

The US English version of the site has a "Flashback" which looks like a memory post; in fact, it got it before Japan did :S
Is everyone else seeing the "Today's Flashback" entry on the US site as well?
Something noteworthy on tonight's blog: our first English Memory!

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html?category=cat07_memories
Now how can we over analyze this and make a theory out of?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Because that works so well for Samus. Nah but seriously though, Mewtwo is already top tier. Why try to fix what isn't broken?

Having a damaging Shadow Ball charge again would be cool though.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I might be crazy saying this, but do you think we might get 3 fighters announced in a few days, like 2 echoes and 1 newcomer?
For example, There's a wrestling match. In the blue corner, Pikachu Libre and Ken Masters. And in the red corner, Shadow and Incineroar.

Noipoi

Howdy!
>Flashback

That's strange, shouldn't they done this with inkling and then working up to rest of the fighters?
Whoever's running the English site realized we were supposed to get memories too but they forgot to put them in, so they're just gonna start now and hope nobody noticed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Theory time, I think the Memories are a collectable and the translation team in English has only just decided what they'll be called in game. Flashbacks.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I might be crazy saying this, but do you think we might get 3 fighters announced in a few days, like 2 echoes and 1 newcomer?
For example, There's a wrestling match. In the blue corner, Pikachu Libre and Ken Masters. And in the red corner, Shadow and Incineroar.
I don’t think so. Not unless they’re from the same series. Like Robin/Lucina

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

My bias? Pokemon:

EDIT
Lucario has less startup and cooldown frames on its attacks as its Aura level increases.
ehehehe
heheheheHEHEHEHEHE

PAPER MARIO

You can play as Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Paper Peach and Paper Bowser AS WELL AS Count Bleck, Vivian, and of course RAWK HAWK
Stages include the Glitz Pit, the Shy Guy Toybox, and a scrolling adventure through Flipside
Paper Mario gets a Codec-like feature with Goombario, Goombella, and Tippi
Bosses include Cortez and the Shadow Queen
Assist Trophies include Dimentio, O'Chunks, and Kolorado

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the fact that we've got our first translated memory is just intern-kun screwing up. It's weird to get one so late, after most of the roster has already been covered.

Also, Luigi and Yoshi are the only ones out of the original 12 that haven't been posted on the blog yet. Wonder which one of them is gonna be the next.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

My bias? Pokemon:

EDIT
:ultsonic: Bias.
-Tails
-Shadow semi clone
-Classic alt
-Riders alt
-SA2 soap shoes alt
-Eggman & Infinite as bosses
-Knuckles, Amy, & Blaze as ATs
-Egg Gate stage (Forces)
-Studiopolis stage (Mania)
-ANY STAGE THAT ISNT A F****ING GREEN HILL VARIANT
-ACTUAL GODD*AMN REMIXES BESIDES ANGEL ISLAND
-New recorded clips for Sonic instead of recycled ones.
It’s even more hilarious if a 3rd Party series of all things gets bias in a Nintendo game.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Whoever's running the English site realized we were supposed to get memories too but they forgot to put them in, so they're just gonna start now and hope nobody noticed.
Who exactly is running the English blog and why are they fumbling easy things like Dark Samus and Sheik's genders?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Here's a game:

You Are Sakurai Bias!

My bias? Pokemon:

EDIT
My bias is the Tales Of Series.

As playable characters I would include Lloyd Irving, Milla Maxwell/Jude Mathis Combo, Jade Curtiss, Yuri, Sheena Fujibyashi, and Guy Cecil (mixture of wants and uniques and 8 to represent tales of symphonies 8 characters)

Assist Trophy - Collette, Alvin, and Tear

Music - Literally almost any song would be amazing in smash so like

Boss - Either Van, Yggdrasil, or a Gaius/Muzet Combo

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
There is something that has been... culminating within the Mario community. It's not that big now - heck it really only started growing until after Super Mario Odyssey was released - but with Mario Tennis and now Mario Party getting some decent new games compared to their most recent installments, the Paper Mario fanbase has been a bit more prominent as of late, which made me think about his chances in Smash.

The series is in kind of a rough spot right now. It feels like Nintendo / Iintelligent Systems refuses to acknowledge fans of his old games in pursuit of ideas that just haven't worked. Smash seems like the perfect platform to start fixing his image, maybe even to plant the seeds of change. That's why I support Paper Mario, and that's why I will continue to hope for him.

Moreover, I think Paper Mario could have some fun mechanics such as partner switch-ins, Action Commands, airplane recovery, a cool Fan sticker Final Smash, badges, the Copy Block, Superguarding to perfect shield, perhaps an overall papery feel since he isn't in his home universe… The list goes on, due to how much genre and gameplay diversity he's experienced.

I disagree with the people who think that Paper Mario would be a bad choice because he's uninteresting without his partners and is just a third Mario. His series was always about embellishing the simple franchise lore by adding new characters and locations. Even now, that lives on in vestigial form, so it works perfectly to replicate it here.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wonder if the fact that we've got our first translated memory is just intern-kun screwing up. It's weird to get one so late, after most of the roster has already been covered.

Also, Luigi and Yoshi are the only ones out of the original 12 that haven't been posted on the blog yet. Wonder which one of them is gonna be the next.
My boi is also the remaining OG 8, because of course he is...

It's gonna be Luigi. I have a feeling Yoshi won't be shown until November 21st...

SonicMario

Smash Master

-Shadow semi clone
-Classic alt
-Riders alt
-SA2 soap shoes alt
-Egg Gate stage (Forces)

It’s even more hilarious if a 3rd Party series of all things gets bias in a Nintendo game.
Where's Tails god dang it >:V

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Add in Blaziken and you got yourself an over the top battle royale match for the SSB World Championship

oh wait...

Potato_

Smash Lord
Now how can we over analyze this and make a theory out of?
FLASHBACK THEORY BOYS EVERY SERIES TO GET AN ENGLISH FLASHBACK WILL GET A NEWCOMER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

-Shadow semi clone
-Classic alt
-Riders alt
-SA2 soap shoes alt
-Egg Gate stage (Forces)

I am dissapoint.

You choose sonic bias and completely neglect Tails?

D

Deleted member

So who would win a real, Smash rule free fight; :ultike:or:ultmetaknight:?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo runs a blog that is read daily by rabid fans known to feast upon every pixel and its meaning. "**** it, they won't notice," they say, as a new theory is born within the community, ready to be torn apart for weeks.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
My bias is Xenoblade

I’d include Mecha-Fiora (replacing her with Melia in Shulk’s Final Smash), Elma, Rex and Pyra, Lora and Jin, and Malos as a Shulk semi-clone (height difference prevents him from being an Echo)
Shulk will have better frame data
New Assist Trophies are Lin Lee Koo and
Nia (Blade form)
A ****ton of bomb *** original music and remixes
New stages are Sylvalum’s Lake Ciel and Mor Ardain forest
Possible boss - Telethia the Endbringer
Addam and Mythra clone pretty please?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
that will be hilarious if yoshi and Luigi are saved for last two fighters' blog posts. so we can come around in full!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is everyone else seeing the "Today's Flashback" entry on the US site as well?
I'm not alone. :eek:

I have no idea what the interns are even doing anymore, but at least Fox got his game featured, finally.

that will be hilarious if yoshi and Luigi are saved for last two fighters' blog posts. so we can come around in full!
Nah, I'm fairly certain Luigi will get featured next week, to plug his game. Yoshi is almost certain to get the butt end though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom