• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Holy broken pictures, Batman.

Like 90% of the pics in this website are broken now for some reason.
Yeah, i was wondering why a bunch of images in my signature weren't showing up...
Calling it right now: the Square Enix characters is either Sora or Lara Croft, the only two big characters that could justify all this secrecy.
Yeah, Imagine if someone got fired for leaking a 20 year old character who was only the star of one game
I support Geno and all, But he seems a little niche to be kept secret like this...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would you take a theory with a box?
Would you take a theory with a :ultfox:?
I don't care about a theory with a box
I don't care about a theory with a :ultfox:

I don't care about a theory with a card
I don't care about a theory with :4charizard:

I don't care for a theory on the blog
I don't care for theories with the :ultduckhunt:

All these theories everyone's so quick to believe

Now we're talking about a Smash game featuring Steve

And honestly it's a chore keeping up with Vergeben

I'm ready for Incineroar and I'm ready for Ken.

I'm waiting for December and I'm growing rather weary,

Hearing people muse over every last stupid ass theory.

D

Deleted member

Adblockers are your friend. Seriously I got those iPhone X redirect ads on mobile so much it wasn’t funny

Install an adblocker app and my problems just vanish

I’ll do you one better - the “Xenoblade Character Who Shares Her Name With A Character From Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid” theory
I present to you the "Red Character From a Flopped Game That Wears a Mask and Punches Hard and Big While Also Making Extremely Long Introductions for Other Characters" Theory.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Calling it right now: the Square Enix characters is either Sora or Lara Croft, the only two big characters that could justify all this secrecy.
Another thing that could justify the secrecy is the fact that it's one of their characters appearing in another companies game.
Regardless of "scale" that's gonna be a huge secret anyway.

Not even factoring in how they frown upon leaks ALL the time, especially being a Japanese company with an ingrained culture of respect.

The character's scale doesn't matter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So assuming this whole reveal thing turns out to be true when do you think we should expect it? Next week say like next Wednesday I'm presuming and when do you think it'll be announced? I'm thinking tomorrow or Thursday.

D

Deleted member

Hearing people muse over every last stupid *** theory.
-slow clapping-

Hot damn....

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Inb4 half a page thesis by Smashchu explaining why Vergeben is wrong after getting Ridley, Snake, Simon, Isabelle, No Cut, SE rep, Incineroar, Ken after the game is out because he didn't guessed K.rool and Richter
Or talked about another game
Isn't Smashchu one of those people who adamantly railed against Ninka/Vaanrose's leak and then against the ESRB leak all the way up until Shulk got revealed?

7NATOR

Smash Master
My Best Prediction

The October Reveal will be on the 10th of October. it will reveal Shadow as a newcomer, a Space Colony Ark Stage. it will also announce Black Shadow as an Echo. My best Prediction, just based on logic and reasonings

Noipoi

Howdy!
If it's just a random trailer drop I think it might be Incineroar's time to shine. Think about it.
The last time we got a trailer drop it was for two Fire Emblem characters. What's Fire emblem known for these days? That's right, Waifus.
Who's the ultimate Waifu? That's right, Incineroar!

As you can see, my logic is incredibly sound.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeeeeaaaaah I’m calling fake. If it’s a trailer you’d think they’d come up with a creative tag line instead of just “HEY LOOK WERE NAMING THIS CHARACTER’S TRAILER AFTER THE CHARACTER SHOWCASED IN IT”
Umm....that would be the 20-second long trailer, not the main newcomer trailer....

....those are simply given the label of the character number and name.

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Hooray we're maybe getting news soon!

I really hope Kencineroar is shown off here rather than at the November direct. Get the lame, unhype characters out of the way (sorry Kencineroar fans, most people at this point are not hyped for them due to the costant leaks/speculation) and save the best for last.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know, right?

That being said, let me tell you about the "Fire Emblem Lord Who Shares Her Name With a Type of Toyota" Theory...
Or what about the "franchise that rhymes with Live'Em Kevin" Theory?

So assuming this whole reveal thing turns out to be true when do you think we should expect it? Next week say like next Wednesday I'm presuming and when do you think it'll be announced? I'm thinking tomorrow or Thursday.
Ya never know, it could be announced the day before it airs (that is common with standard Nintendo Directs).
My Best Prediction

The October Reveal will be on the 10th of October. it will reveal Shadow as a newcomer, a Space Colony Ark Stage. it will also announce Black Shadow as an Echo. My best Prediction, just based on logic and reasonings
I don't know about you, but I doubt we're getting another Sonic stage... Ultimate already has two.
Though I would love a City Escape stage, thank you very much.

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't Smashchu one of those people who adamantly railed against Ninka/Vaanrose's leak and then against the ESRB leak all the way up until Shulk got revealed?
I still remember how pre-Smash4 E3 days he rallied against 3rd party characters 'killing' Smash.

D

Deleted member

You remember the "photoshopped Little Mac" meme....?

....that's the guy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hooray we're maybe getting news soon!

I really hope Kencineroar is shown off here rather than at the November direct. Get the lame, unhype characters out of the way (sorry Kencineroar fans, most people at this point are not hyped for them due to the costant leaks/speculation) and save the best for last.
And then boxing fans rejoice as they are the last and therefore the best. :reverse:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Umm....that would be the 20-second long trailer, not the main newcomer trailer....

....those are simply given the label of the character number and name.
Oof forgot about the memories videos and the fact that naming convention was a thing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ya never know, it could be announced the day before it airs (that is common with standard Nintendo Directs)
Personally I'm thinking its gonna be some duo reveal like Lucina and Robin was. A part of me is hoping Isaac and Felix as his echo that way the Isaac fans and supporters can get their Golden Boy in the game. I'm honestly kind of down for Isaac tbh.

I don't think it will be and probably is going to be Incineroar and Ken but for their sake I hope.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If it's just a random trailer drop I think it might be Incineroar's time to shine. Think about it.
The last time we got a trailer drop it was for two Fire Emblem characters. What's Fire emblem known for these days? That's right, Waifus.
Who's the ultimate Waifu? That's right, Incineroar!

As you can see, my logic is incredibly sound.
11.9% of Incineroars are female, the rest all male. That means that, statistically speaking, any given Incineroar is 88.1% a husbando and 11.9% a waifu. It's science.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That Tomodachi Life music wasn't bad, but man, it reminded me of what a remarkably poor stage Tomodachi Life really was. We like playing with a few more stages around here and the 3DS version was short on supply so we gave Tomodachi Life, a stage that has nothing immediately obviously ban-worthy, a really good shot and a lot of play. It's just so awful. It's way too big for Smash's space game to work properly, the massive amount of platform ground creates so much run-away, and the stacked nature of the stage makes kill% just really inconsistent. Every match on that stage was just a very awkward slog which was of course even worse with awful 3DS controls. Just a lot of bad memories on that one...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Hearing people muse over every last stupid *** theory.
You don't like them.
So you say
Try it! Try it!
And you'll may, I say.

You'll like your theories with a box, you'll like your theories with a fox

You'll like your theories with a cat, You'll like your theories with some blonde brat.

You'll like the box in the rain with the rest of Smash's hype train.

Where it rains and rains eternal, from these leakers of Smash's Internal

Graizen

Smash Champion
Wanna know something funny?

The composer of the Tomodachi Life remix made musics for

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
and
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

:surprised:

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, looks like I predicted the next song being from a franchise without a fighter.

Er, I mean, I leaked it. That's right, I'm a leaker. Now, would you all care to hear from my source which claims that Ness' Dad will be joining the fight from his telephone?! Boy, can't wait until I call it!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, looks like I predicted the next song being from a franchise without a fighter.

Er, I mean, I leaked it. That's right, I'm a leaker. Now, would you all care to hear from my source which claims that Ness' Dad will be joining the fight from his telephone?! Boy, can't wait until I call it!
>Not from a franchise

Bruh, Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom