• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
October: 69: Skull Kid and 54e: Medusa (She'd work like Dark Pit) are revealed (Fits being its October and month of Halloween).
Pokemon Direct: 70: Incineroar is revealed
November Direct: 71: Isaac, 72: Geno, 38e: Shadow, 60e: Ken and 71: Felix are revealed as the final characters

I can only hope...
I don't know how many times I have seen this exact same god damn post today Michael the Spikester but it's over 4 times

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just remember, it doesn't matter if Ken and Incineroar aren't next.

As long as they're on the roster, Verge is still right.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Sakurai: I think we should probably slow down.
-Not even a month later-
Sakurai: Guys. I don't know...how long has it been since Isabelle?
Assistant: A few weeks, sir.
Sakurai: But I'm bored!
I think Sakurai realized he couldn’t slow down the pace of reveals because we’re only two months away from release.

Or... maybe we get a direct with multiple reveals? A man can dream!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait for the inevitable Game Theory episode.
Game Theory is that Ness is a Sans echo and the only reason Ness isn't 10ε is because it would spoil everything. The EarthBound song will be the Halloween Hack version of Megalovania.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Buddy you've gone off the speculation deep end. Especially if you're basing character reveals off of holidays that Japan doesn't even really celebrate.

It's time to stop.
I don't know which prediction to believe anymore. That's how unpredictable Sakurai really is. He's really the ultimate at doing that...:psycho:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know how many times I have seen this exact same god damn post today Michael the Spikester but it's over 4 times
I can get pretty riled up sometimes especially since predicting can be fun. I'll try to work on cutting back on that...Embarrass

That and I have a habit of being quite repetitive which I'll confess.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
69: Skull Kid
70: Incineroar
71: Isaac
72: Geno

38e: Shadow
54e: Medusa (Same way how Dark Pit is an echo to Pit)
60e: Ken
71e: Felix

How would you guys feel about this being the final base roster?
You literally just made this post, except now you're asking how we feel about it.

Also Medusa literally makes no sense as an echo, especially if she's like Dark Pit, who's practically a 1:1 copy of Pit.
This, but I'm gonna pull out the big guns to make my point:

We're approaching the end game of speculation now, it's time to buckle up and get ready for the ride.

Untouch

Smash Master
The "female villain" theory is LITERALLY just someone wanting a character in the game and coming up with a "theory" because they for some reason think that'll make the character in the game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Next is the theory theory.

It's a theory about a theory.
We did Theory Theory a while back, though I prefer my Sakurai theory that's related--regardless of silly fan theories, Sakurai does whatever the **** he wants. Still have yet to be proven wrong.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai: I think we should probably slow down.
-Not even a month later-
Sakurai: Guys. I don't know...how long has it been since Isabelle?
Assistant: A few weeks, sir.
Sakurai: But I'm bored!
Sakurai must have himself be satisfied

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Uh...alright? My point is that it's silly to assume Dixie won't be an Echo while Daisy and DS are.
Sorry I don't believe that, she's way too different characteristically. Daisy always been similar to Peach(even started with the same role in Super Mario Land) and while Dark Samus might have some of her own abilities they probably felt they were okay with the idea since she still genetically cloned by Samus.

Dixie on the other hand has always reliant upon her ponytail and she wouldn't do cartwheels, also Dk's up b would have to be altered to fit her model. She would have to be a semi clone at least.

https://smashboards.com/threads/pol...-unique-fighter-instead.458042/#post-22502119

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You literally just made this post, except now you're asking how we feel about it.

Also Medusa literally makes no sense as an echo, especially if she's like Dark Pit, who's practically a 1:1 copy of Pit.
Do ignore that post. As I said I have a habit of getting riled up when it comes to predictions. It'll be something I'm going to try cutting back on.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Huh, "New" is gone. Playlist got updated. It's looking likely.

I'm not going to board the hype train just yet but I will say that I'll be looking for Smash news pretty closely over the next week or so.

Shroob

Sup?
You say that but you seem to come in every time I bring it up.

I also don't get this "credibility in a vacuum" thing. If he's made mistakes and gotten things wrong with other games, why do we just forget that now? He's gotten some things right here. That doesn't change his track record. Heck, maybe you could say he's improved if he hadn't gotten things wrong in other instances only a few months prior (still waiting on my two Castlevania games)

See, the problem with the Smash community is that, after Brawl, people lost all sense of skepticism. It's even to the point where people don't like when you doubt something. For every one thing that has been right, 50 have been wrong. It's gotten so bad that people are using the word "leak" instead of "rumor." The thing is you should be skeptical. Here you have a guy who, sure, has gotten a lot of stuff right but historically has gotten things wrong, He's gotten things wrong about other games so obviously he hasn't improved. Who's to say he's not doing what he's done before? Heck, why should I believe him on his word alone.

What I've told others is you should doubt what he says and if it come true, cool. He's so shoddy that it could go either way. But people drink it up without doubt. Heck, GameFAQs at least questions it. Here, it's listen and believe. There, I gave your comments more that it deserved.
Hey look, you actually can spit out a rational dialogue.

Like I said, I don't believe him fully, but to say "He got x wrong in y game, that means his Smash info is also wrong" is ****ing awful.

If one person told me something about a game that ended up being wrong, but another person told me something about a game that ended up being right, I am still right, despite my other game info being wrong.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just remember, it doesn't matter if Ken and Incineroar aren't next.

As long as they're on the roster, Verge is still right.
Inb4 half a page thesis by Smashchu explaining why Vergeben is wrong after getting Ridley, Snake, Simon, Isabelle, No Cut, SE rep, Incineroar, Ken after the game is out because he didn't guessed K.rool and Richter
Or talked about another game

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My favorite theory is the December 7 theory

It's basically a theory that on December 7, 2018, people will spend money to buy Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch

You can't prove me wrong, I used my brain to deduce this

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways since I don't know what predictions to believe anymore I think I'll leave it as that. We'll likely find out in November about the final roster but I do think Incineroar and Ken are likely so that is all I'll say.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sorry I don't believe that, she's way too different characteristically. Daisy always been similar to Peach(even started with the same role in Super Mario Land) and while Dark Samus might have some of her own abilities they probably felt they were okay with the idea since she still genetically cloned by Samus.

Dixie on the other hand has always reliant upon her ponytail and she wouldn't do cartwheels, also Dk's up b would have to be altered to fit her model. She would have to be a semi clone at least.
I am not gonna budge on my stance that DS being an Echo means Dixie will likely be an Echo and you won't budge on yours so let's just see what happens, good debate.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My favorite theory is the December 7 theory

It's basically a theory that on December 7, 2018, people will spend money to buy Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch

You can't prove me wrong, I used my brain to deduce this
Actually I'll get Smash Ultimate on the 9TH of December. Theory debunked!!! :yoshi:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So why does it matter that new is gone? Doesn't it just mean that Isabelle isn't really new anymore as she's been on the site for a while now?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know I'm late to this, but that Tomodachi Remix is really good... Reminds me of some fond Tomodachi Life memories...
Edit: Wait... People are focusing on the fact that the "New" is gone? Wait...
*Checks website again*
Well, looks like we're getting some news pretty soon...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm of the opinion that if you're going to make character lists, at least subantiate why you want someone rather than just post fan-made rosters all day.
I have seen enough for ten lifetimes.

Give me something to chew on than just "oh cool... you want Geno."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So here's why I think Dixie Kong is more likely to be an Echo than a Semi-Clone or Unique:

It all has to do with one single thing: the Skeletons. Not the October spooky kind, but the actual model of the characters to base off of. All of the Echoes are easily able to be implemented into another character's skeleton given some slight adjustments for things like height. However, I find that something that causes disjoints can just kinda **** everything over, which is how I think Isabelle ended up differently. Her limbs are shorter than Villager, and that would make for some wonky animations and hitboxes, which even if a move is different, those similar moves should have the same hitbox. If it doesn't look right because of the character model itself, it's more worthwhile to make her her own character rather to spend extra time tackling this extra problem when the former solution is just as time consuming.

Dixie Kong is pretty much a girl Diddy Kong. Put on a ponytail instead of a tail, put on a beret, lipstick and gum that up, and there isn't much needed left. It's easy, it's simple, and it saves production time.

Isabelle is an odd one out. If anything, that decreases Dixie's likelihood than increases it. And don't even say "it's not in her character!!!" or "b-b-but she doesn't do that in the dk games sakurai would never!!!", because I'm gonna take you hostage and make you play Metroid Prime 2 and 3 :ultdarksamus:.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So why does it matter that new is gone? Doesn't it just mean that Isabelle isn't really new anymore as she's been on the site for a while now?
The Japanese Smash playlist has been updated. It usually updates when a new character reveal is near. Probably expect a new reveal next week.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It seems like so many fan theories have come from math and science--Music Theory, Number Theory, Color Theory, etc. The only one theory that hasn't been touched yet is Quantum Theory--every character that could possibly be in Smash is, but who we observe in the game depends on what part of the wave function we're in*.

So congrats everyone! Your favorite character is and has always been in, in some universe!

*assuming an Everettian interpretation of quantum mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom