• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And even if we were to consider non-video game third-parties, Goku wouldn't even be most logical one. In terms of icon status, characters like Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Hello Kitty, Batman and Spider-Man transcends him. In terms of significance to gaming history, E.T. transcends what little significance Goku has and even in the context of Nintendo history is Goku easily outclassed by Popeye and James Bond. Even setting aside licencing issues, Goku wouldn't be the obvious front-runner as far as non-video game third-parties are concerned.
Being a "frontrunner" or not doesn't mean anything when one actually gets the requests and the other doesn't.

If Goku was to ever be seriously considered due to the amount of requests he gets with each passing release, he's not going to be denied JUST BECAUSE he's not one of those characters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyway, back to Smash. You know what I want? Better post-release support. Not just more DLC, but more balance patches and ACTUAL ****ing patch notes
I can see sakuari having a field day with that:
Update V1.1.9
- Due to backlash, we made Bayoneta even more broken than she ever was
- PAC-MAN's grab may seem faster to you, but it isn't
- Nerfed Greninja
- Never ask me or the debugging team for anything ever again...
We hope you enjoy V1.1.9

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok this is offtopic as hell but **** Batman, I am so tired of seeing Batman do the same **** these days
Is this the new Teen Titans?

On a more serious note, real patch notes would be great and should’ve existed for Smash 4.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why’s everyone suddenly talking about ARMS? Has something happened regarding it?
Some guy arguing Goku would get picked over ARMs characters, on the basis that the latter are frauds, because of the "modern console that just came out has no games" stereotype.

I can see sakuari having a field day with that:
Update V1.1.9
- Due to backlash, we made Bayoneta even more broken than she ever was
- PAC-MAN's grab may seem faster to you, but it isn't
- Nerfed Greninja
- Never ask me or the debugging team for anything ever again...
We hope you enjoy V1.1.9
Given his reaction to the Bayonetta Vs. Bayonetta match, I think he'll actually apply the nerf bat to her, even if she has to be hit with it repeatedly for it to actually do anything.

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Banned already? How boring.

Seriously though, Goku has been talked about to death. Take it to another thread. Also patch notes are good and handsome to have.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Anyway, to abruptly change the topic, let's talk music!

We all have our character wants, but let's talk about the best tracks and composers your personal most wanteds would bring to Smash.

As a fan of Megaten, I think everyone here is aware of Shoji Meguro and his work in Persona, but way back when, his work was far more experimental.
He's obviously going to do a sonic remix duh

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Take a shot everytime you see misinformation about Sora/KH in this thread by people who barely have knowledge on the topic
Don't look at the old Leak thread then. You'll die of overdose 10pages in

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For music wishes that aren't tied to character requests, I want Body Rock from Wario Ware DIY. It's probably the biggest missing Wario Ware song.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Dragon Ball is one of my all time favorite media franchises period. It even rivals the likes of all of the Nintendo IPs (don’t kill me Smashboards). I’ve seen every episode of Dragon Ball Z, Super, and GT (although I don’t like to talk about that one).

That being said I know there is no chance of Goku getting into Smash. If you want to play as Goku in a fighting game, just do what I did: get Dragon Ball Fighterz. There are 3 forms of Goku (4 if you consider Goku Black, but that’s debatable) you can play as. If you want to play Goku in Smash: get Super Smash Flash 2.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

We all have our character wants, but let's talk about the best tracks and composers your personal most wanteds would bring to Smash.

As a fan of Megaten, I think everyone here is aware of Shoji Meguro and his work in Persona, but way back when, his work was far more experimental.
I may have not played XCX but I really like Hiroyuki Sawano's work, so I'm hopeful that, at the very least, some of his music from XCX gets available for the Gaur Plain stage.

Also, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia has an incredible soundtrack. Would love to hear some of its music in the game. The new philosophy of music distribution and the new direction given to the composers in Ultimate eliminates the whole "wouldn't be fitting for the stage" problem.

More music from Kid Icarus: Uprising would also be welcome. Judging by Daisy's character video, there will be more music from the Mario Tennis/Golf games, which is nice too since I like composer Motoi Sakuraba's work in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball is one of my all time favorite media franchises period. It even rivals the likes of all of the Nintendo IPs (don’t kill me Smashboards). I’ve seen every episode of Dragon Ball Z, Super, and GT (although I don’t like to talk about that one).

That being said I know there is no chance of Goku getting into Smash. If you want to play as Goku in a fighting game, just do what I did: get Dragon Ball Fighterz. There are 3 forms of Goku (4 if you consider Goku Black, but that’s debatable) you can play as. If you want to play Goku in Smash: get Super Smash Flash 2.
Nah, get Crusade. SSF2 doesn’t have Tingle, Toad, or Porky in it.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman

Imagine Gourmet Race as composed by Marty O'Donnell of Halo fame. Imagine.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Super Sayian 4 goku is best goku.

And since we have nothing to discuss, why not goemon?

His personality would really add to the game. And so many items could transfer into smash goodness. Even the Peach Mountain stage would make the best smash stage ever.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know I’m late, but I believe I am assembling my Parrappa army...
Yeah, Parappa ftw...
Uh we went over those already the guy came clean and showed those are fake

Beside ken doesn’t look like the real ken leak
Uhh... you know you're quoting a post that was made during the time that those leaks weren't deconfirmed yet right?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And since we have nothing to discuss, why not goemon?

His personality would really add to the game. And so many items could transfer into smash goodness. Even the Peach Mountain stage would make the best smash stage ever.
I feel so sorry that you're doing your best to promote something you care about and my first thought is "The **** is this **** I sure as **** don't know this". This sounds like it's supposed to be snark but it isn't

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty crazy that this coming Sunday's the final 60 day marker.

We'll be two months out from the game.

It's kinda surreal.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wow, letting ourselves succumb to madness eh?
EVENT MATCH IDEAS!

The title for one I have is "Not my Car!"

You play as Captain Falcon and you have to fight Ryu and Ken (if he's in) on Big Blue before the stage makes a full lap.

Share your ideas and help things get on track (kind of)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Goemon is in a weird place where I feel like he absolutely should have been added around Melee and then just...wasn't. And now I wonder if his time has passed, sadly. But god I want Go! Goemon Impact in Smash as a song. Maybe for Suzaku Castle for funsies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anything by Koji Kondo would be great to hear in Smash.

Edit: More, really.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
EVENT MATCH IDEAS!

You play as Captain Falcon and you have to fight Ryu and Ken (if he's in) on Big Blue before the stage makes a full lap.

Motherly Love

Player::ultrosalina:

Ally::ultlucas:

Enemies: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdarksamus::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley:

Stage: Mario Galaxy

Goal: Defeat all the enemies to protect Lucas.

-

Big Pirates

Player: :ultdk: or :ultsamus: (Depending who you play, the other will be your CPU ally)

Enemies: :ultkrool: and :ultridley:

Stage: Final Destinction

Goal: Donkey Kong and Samus must team up to defeat their arch-enemeis:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
EVENT MATCH IDEAS!

I want an event where you're Mario in the middle of a Splatoon turf war have to clean all the ink with FLUDD.
Basically a huge Mario Sunshine reference.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Take a shot everytime you see misinformation about Sora/KH in this thread by people who barely have knowledge on the topic
Do you want me to get alcohol poisoning? I'd surely be dead by now.
I think we have our newcomer !

https://9gag.com/gag/a6OrZRm

P.S: Yes it's a joke I know
>9gag

Nothing good can come out of there.

COREY BAXTER THE GOD OF ANIME
okay-i-guess.gif

It's not great, but it's okay.

It's kinda surreal.
And there's still so much we don't know. Who the final characters are and how many of them there are, what the hell Spirits mode is, whether or not trophies come back, what single player modes come back besides Classic, if there are more new and returning items and assist trophies, and so much more. The structure of reveals has been so weird this time around if you think about it.

For Sm4sh, we knew what most of the game would be like in terms of modes, and we had the complete Ninka/Vaanrose leak for our final roster. ESRB also was circulating behind closed doors around this time, and would come out soon after the two month point (which we're approaching).

Lets hope we get something big soon. While I think it's more likely that we'll get a Smash Direct in November, one in October would certainly be appreciated.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's not a Xenoblade music selection until we get "Melancholia" from XBX.

Mmm... Sawano English.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

It's kinda surreal.
Yeah, it kind feels like yesterday when we told everyone not to to expect Smash at the March Direct
Oh boy I hope we get this song from him
You posted this 10 days late.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's kinda surreal.
Been playing some Smash 3DS lately while I wait for this game. What's really surreal to me is that I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that in two months I'm gonna have portable, 70+ character roster HD Smash.

This game is nuts. Heck, Nintendo period has been nuts lately. People were saying the Switch was having a light year with no games when we got stuff like:

*A brand new Kirby with some of the best fan service yet that's still getting good sized free content updates.
*An actually good Mario Sports game that's getting content updates and balance patches with actual patch notes.
*Splatoon still going strong and dropping a huge DLC expansion.
*Wii U ports of some of the system's best games, some with added content.
*Multiple 3rd parties like Octopath, Crash, Civ, Katamari, and too many good indies to name.
*A fun side Pokemon to act as a tide-over until next year's game.
*A Smash with all the things I stated above.

And that's not even going into next year which has Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi's Crafted World, Pokemon, AND Animal Crossing. Mercy be on my wallet and time, I can't keep up, Nintendo! :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This blighter reminds me of that one Ridley fan who kept going onto Ridley-centric videos and boards and always whined about how Sakurai hated anything western, often completely rebuking any and all arguments directed his way. I posted about him a few weeks back, but if you want the quickest link to see him in action, just go to literally any Sm4sh-era video and read the comments, he'll likely be there doing his thing.
Was he the kind of person who loved Ridley back in Smash 4 and felt he should've been in Smash 4 over the other newcomers?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, it kind feels like yesterday when we told everyone not to to expect Smash at the March Direct
It feels like it was yesterday and a million years ago at the same time.

I'm glad this year is going by fast. 2018 has been kinda garbage for me, so the sooner I get to 2019 and Gen 8 the better.
It doesn't hurt that the end of the year also happens to be the release date of the best Smash game of all time.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Lance/Red's Theme. It's probably the most iconic song in the series, why is it not in yet? (I know it's in that Gen 2 Melody, it deserves more than that).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why’s everyone suddenly talking about ARMS? Has something happened regarding it?
I wish.

I missed most of the ARMS discussion. Would've liked to be a part of it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
OK. Maybe I can let Super Saiyan 4 slide; That design was pretty hype.

I'm just glad the hype cycle is less than a year, compared to Smash 4's 3 years. Between the time Smash 4 was announced and released, I had to go through all of middle school and half of my freshman year of high school.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just glad the hype cycle is less than a year, compared to Smash 4's 3 years. Between the time Smash 4 was announced and released, I had to go through all of middle school and half of my freshman year of high school.
I honestly didn't even know a Smash game was coming out back in 2013. I was far too invested in Pokemon X and Y.
You'd think Greninja would rope me in, but I was #TeamChespin from day one.
I didn't even buy Smash 4 until 2015.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Was he the kind of person who loved Ridley back in Smash 4 and felt he should've been in Smash 4 over the other newcomers?
Not just that, he actively shamed anybody who was okay with the likes of Cloud and WFT, and regularly namecalled fans who disagreed with him solely because of the fact that franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong had a bit of a letdown representation. Now that his worldview's been chucked off the top of the Burj Khalifa, I wonder what kinds of comments he's been posting these days, I haven't seen him active in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom