• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Literally any character who's first appearance was in a video game is completely fair game. End of story.
No, that's not how it works.
Android 21 isn't any more "fair game" than Goku is.
Bando isn't any more "fair game" than Naruto is.

It's the IP that matters. Not the character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't believe the leak thread closed due to the massive lack of any good leaks...
Or was it because it was less the leak thread and more the "who's opinion is the most right" thread

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm impressed they managed to get 159 pages in barely less than a week somehow though.
Yeah, we talked a lot on there.
Then there were also trolls who thought "leak discussion thread" meant post your own fake leak on this thread This happened about once every day... Us telling them to go away probably made up of 30% of the replies in the thread

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Yeah, we talked a lot on there.
Then there were also trolls who thought "leak discussion thread" meant post your own fake leak on there. This happened about once every day... Us telling them to go away probably made up of 30% of the replies in the thread
Yeah, I checked it, and that's sad. We need to escape this drought soon.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
The power of salt is strong.
I could say, you had freedom to debate stuff and people were cool with it. There were no extreme moderation (typical of this site), no people crying and such, seemed like an appropiate place to discuss without being harrassed by the constant thought of "oh i might offend someone therefore get accused"

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I'm impressed they managed to get 159 pages in barely less than a week somehow though.
To be honest, I was expecting thread to get locked at 200, not at 159 pages. It was their best decision to lock the thread at this point because all we have was arguments, fake leaks trolling, and taking shot at theories there.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
True, but it's still definitely an unexpected development. You don't see something like Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 get an award like that.
Tobal 2, a fighting game, beats it by 30 characters. And it's got fairly good ratings, too. If the stars align we could see a Smash game with 100 characters one day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I could say, you had freedom to debate stuff and people were cool with it. There were no extreme moderation (typical of this site), no people crying and such, seemed like an appropiate place to discuss without being harrassed by the constant thought of "oh i might offend someone therefore get accused"
4Chan is a textbook example of what happens when the mods are on vacation 95% of the time. So yeah, having moderation is a necessary weasel.

Yeah, I checked it, and that's sad. We need to escape this drought soon.
Best buckle up, because there will likely be another month of it from the looks of things.

Why would you only play The Worst Ones (plus Ghost Babel)
Not that interested in Kojima's increasingly convoluted retcons.

At least I won't touch the Ac!d ones, never mind Survive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every piece of fanart made of her makes her stronger. If Re:Creators taught me anything this is going to end with a disaster.
7d0ae402-aaa1-4ab0-9bf5-818142df97e1.jpg

Bowsette is the main villain of Ultimate confirmed, Spirits has all the playable characters join forces to defeat her.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie I got very scared when the leak thread got locked. I thought we got ESRB 2 or something big but turns out it was nothing.
Why did the Ken leaker had to tease us that way instead of leaking something interesting

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ignoring the fact that Minecraft in general is iconic as hell in terms of this decade of video games.
Maybe Fortnite will lead the next decade, I don't know.
Not a Fortnite hater (well I don't like the gameplay, but I understand the appeal), but I feel that Minecraft is iconic because it started something new. Fortnite just took a mediocre (I played Fortnite a pretty good amount in Beta and Live before the battle arena mode) 3PS, and copied PubG. But hey, if people like it, good for them. I'll happily watch its success from a distance. It's obviously doing something right. I won't be mad if people are still talking about it in 10 years (but I WOULD be a little surprised).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To be honest, I was expecting thread to get locked at 200, not at 159 pages. It was their best decision to lock the thread at this point because all we have was arguments, fake leaks trolling, and taking shot at theories there.
Yeah, and now we get to have all those exact same things in the General thread. Best decision...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I thought Bowsette was confirmed that she can't actually exist in the mario universe. Just that Bowser gets 10 coins.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
4Chan is a textbook example of what happens when the mods are on vacation 95% of the time. So yeah, having moderation is a necessary weasel.

Best buckle up, because there will likely be another month of it from the looks of things.

Not that interested in Kojima's increasingly convoluted retcons.

At least I won't touch the Ac!d ones, never mind Survive.
Well, its up to one, as an adult to filter information and know where to be. If you dont like a certain stuff, you just avoid it, you dont complain about it. If you dont like something you move somewhere else. Moderation is needed only if you want to build a certain community, with certain ideals on mind.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think you mean if you CAN end that creature.
Eh, I would do it. I keep saying that now.

Also, do you want to lose faith in humanity? Here's an ad I won't stop seeing.

Edit: I'll take one YIKES to go.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
you say this but then you remember theres people unironically who want goku and shrek in smash.
I believe you about Goku, but you aren't going to convince me that anyone who wants Shrek in Smash isn't just trolling or being ironic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's only three pages until THE 5000th PAGE and I kinda want to see that but it's really late. Good night, guys!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Not a Fortnite hater (well I don't like the gameplay, but I understand the appeal), but I feel that Minecraft is iconic because it started something new. Fortnite just took a mediocre (I played Fortnite a pretty good amount in Beta and Live before the battle arena mode) 3PS, and copied PubG. But hey, if people like it, good for them. I'll happily watch its success from a distance. It's obviously doing something right. I won't be mad if people are still talking about it in 10 years (but I WOULD be a little surprised).
Fortnite’s entire existence was to ride off of other things that were hype at the time.

Even when Fortnite was first revealed in 2011 with it’s original gameplay, now known as “Save The World”, was basically a mish mash of Minecraft/FPS/Zombie games all in one during 2011 to put everything that was hyped into one game to drag people to their IP.

The game’s still pretty fun though. And did they at least know how to take it to it’s biggest potential.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So what series that are in Smash currently would you like to try?

I want to try Kirby and Final Fantasy.
I've played just about every series in Smash that appeals to me in one way or another except Final Fantasy, FFVI has been on my to-play list since forever. It's a bit difficult to cram such a long game into my daily life, so it tends to get outprioritized by easier to pick up and play games.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Maybe by getting to the 5000th Page we’ll get an achievement unlock in the form of a real leak...
I actually rather hope we don't. I'd much rather be drowned in bad, fake leaks then be spoiled by a real one.

And I've given up on trying to talk everyone into using spoiler tags. If I couldn't convince people to do it back when the leak thread was separate, there's no way in heck I'll be able to do it now that this thread is bustling again.

D

Deleted member

I've played just about every series in Smash that appeals to me in one way or another except Final Fantasy, FFVI has been on my to-play list since forever. It's a bit difficult to cram such a long game into my daily life, so it tends to get outprioritized by easier to pick up and play games.
Same here. I've never played any Final Fantasy games before, despite it's iconic status as one of the best RPG franchises.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What Generation of Pokemon did you stopped with Rie?
Believe it or not, Gen 1. I was a small kid and to be honest I wasn’t very good at the game, haha

With how much the series has changed though, I may give it another go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom