• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I think Chief matters as much to VG history as Cloud, if not more.
Well at least with Cloud, Sakurai could shoehorn him in because Cloud was in some game. Admittedly not as educated as I'd like to be on the topic and am googling as I type, but where could Sakurai even shoehorn Master Chief? Has he ever appeared in a meaningful way on Nintendo??

Unless we get Halo for Switch... :eek:

Sakurai has been breaking a lot of rules like no multiple 3rd party reps, so perhaps he would be willing to break one more "rule" for Master Chief, but as things stand I don't think he would and don't think he should.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's kinda sad to think that the cast of shooter guys from CoD have more of a chance of getting into Smash, thanks to those light gun striped down versions of the Modern Warfare games on the Wii.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If my girl Elma is in she’ll be Captain Marvel sorry I don’t make the rules

Also who’s Ant-Man? Black Panther? Nebula?
Ant-Man: Olimar
Wasp (included her) : Villager
Black Panter: Only king I can think of is Marth and the results are pretty funny
Nebula: Sheik?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well at least with Cloud, Sakurai could shoehorn him in because Cloud was in some game. Admittedly not as educated as I'd like to be on the topic and am googling as I type, but where could Sakurai even shoehorn Master Chief? Has he ever appeared in a meaningful way on Nintendo??

Unless we get Halo for Switch... :eek:

Sakurai has been breaking a lot of rules like no multiple 3rd party reps, so perhaps he would be willing to break one more "rule" for Master Chief, but as things stand I don't think he would and don't think he should.
I think a different rule he could break, besides no Western third parties, is "the third party must be from a healthy company", so he could put in characters like Earthworm Jim and Blaster Master's Jason in there. The biggest rule to break this time doesn't necessarily have to be the "no characters that have never been on a Nintendo console, stop being silly" one, as there's still plenty of boundaries to break.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The Bowsette craze then slowly starts to die.

D

Deleted member

Why would that kill it? If anything it'll make it more popular, as now we have a concept of what could've been an "official" Bowsette.

Honestly, the fact it was an idea Nintendo played with is hilarious to me. I honestly wonder if they'll do it their own way somewhere down the road in a spin-off thanks to how popular the Super Crown has made the idea.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

Well, when you mention it like that, it feels like fanning the flames for it instead of dying. Killing it off completely would require a Nintendo rep saying something about it or within time.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

That's fascinating. IMO (I'll get flamed for this but w/e) Bowsette actually originally wasn't that bad of a concept but then the rule 34s and excessive **** pairings made it thoroughly putrid.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the difference in realistic vs. cartoony in Marvel vs. Nintendo, I have only one thing to say: Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAKE!

Marvel vs. Smash Bros. Make it happen.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Okay, my current list on the Avenger discussion
:ultdk: Hulk
:ultmario: Captain America
:ultluigi: Bucky/Winter Soldier​
:ultfalco: Falcon (duh)​
:ultsnake: Black Widow
:ultlink: Hawkeye
:ultpit: Thor
:ultdarkpit: Loki​
:ultsamus: Iron Man
:ultisabelle: Pepper Potts​
Tabuu - Thanos
Master Hand - Infinity Gauntlet​

Guardians of the Galaxy
:ultbayonetta: Starlord
:ultlucina: Gamora
:ultfox: Rocket
:ultike: Drax
:ultkirby: Groot
Other
:ultshulk: Dr. Strange
:ultolimar: Ant-Man
:ultrob: Vision
:ultzelda: Scarlet Witch +:ultsheik: Quicksilver
:ultrobin Nick Fury
:ultmetaknight: Black Panther

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it looks like Warriors Orochi 4 just won a Guinness world record for most characters in a hack-and-slash game (170). And here we are thinking that anything beyond 70 for Ultimate's base roster would be too excessive for a fighting/party game of its kind.

Why would that kill it? If anything it'll make it more popular, as now we have a concept of what could've been an "official" Bowsette.

Honestly, the fact it was an idea Nintendo played with is hilarious to me. I honestly wonder if they'll do it their own way somewhere down the road in a spin-off thanks to how popular the Super Crown has made the idea.
Wouldn't even be mad, after all there's only so many ways for Bowser to challenge Mario in a new form before it starts getting stale.

I wouldnt be against it, but would much prefer Doomguy.
I'd vouch for Duke Nukem myself. Dude actually shows his face often enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By that I meant the "current" Bowsette will be replaced by the scrapped but " still official" one.

Untouch

Smash Master
Well, it looks like Warriors Orochi 4 just won a Guinness world record for most characters in a hack-and-slash game (170). And here we are thinking that anything beyond 70 for Ultimate's base roster would be too excessive for a fighting/party game of its kind.

Wouldn't even be mad, after all there's only so many ways for Bowser to challenge Mario in a new form before it starts getting stale.

I'd vouch for Duke Nukem myself.
To be fair, balance in a warriors game doesn't matter nearly as much as a competitive fighter.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I know a lot of people would be hype, but at that point you'd have to stretch the Smash Bros parameters so far you might as well just include practically any video game character. I think Smash should be a celebration of Nintendo history and I can take some stretches like Cloud to celebrate video games broadly speaking; but Master Chief? He has almost no Nintendo history at all and there are many more deserving characters over him.

If Smash was purely a "vidya game fighta simulator" a la Mugen, then yes he 100% should be in. But as things stand, my philosophy is firmly in line with what Smash has always been about...and thus, no. Wouldn't be ok with it.
Smash's "philosophy" has always changed with each installment. From Nintendo All-Stars, to b-listers, to third parties with direct connections to Nintendo, to ones with questionable/minuscule relation. Guess what step is next? And honestly, Master Chief is the ideal character to break that next fan-made limitations.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ironic that the Super Crown only gives 10 Coins to anyone who's not Toadette.

I wonder what would happen if the caps from Super Mario 64 (as Super Crown appears to be Peach's) were distributed among the cast.
Warioshi?
Toad-igi?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
At this point, I'd say the only impossibility for Smash (assuming the rumors around Steve and Master Chief end up panning out) would be characters owned by Sony. And that's because Sony are propritary ******** who refuse to crossplay with a company they started video games purely to spite.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
:ultsamus: Iron Man
:ultisabelle: Pepper Potts
So, should we expect marriage of woman AND dog? because I don't know if that's possible or not since in MCU it was stated that Tony proposed to Pepper at end of Spiderman Homecoming, and we even see them discussing about their new baby in IW

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know a lot of people would be hype, but at that point you'd have to stretch the Smash Bros parameters so far you might as well just include practically any video game character. I think Smash should be a celebration of Nintendo history and I can take some stretches like Cloud to celebrate video games broadly speaking; but Master Chief? He has almost no Nintendo history at all and there are many more deserving characters over him.

If Smash was purely a "vidya game fighta simulator" a la Mugen, then yes he 100% should be in. But as things stand, my philosophy is firmly in line with what Smash has always been about...and thus, no. Wouldn't be ok with it.
At this point it’s basically a mugen

D

Deleted member

What happened to the leak thread? It suddenly disappeared.
Got closed due to nothing happening after the previous big leak and it just morphing into another Discussion Thread, where all that was being discussed was digital cardboard VS. blog analytics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom