• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wonder why so many Pokemon fans are saying "Pokemon is dead!" and "Pokemon isn't good anymore!" in light of recent generations. X and Y I can understand, but why do some people hate Sun and Moon, as well as Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I wonder why so many Pokemon fans are saying "Pokemon is dead!" and "Pokemon isn't good anymore!" in light of recent generations. X and Y I can understand, but why do some people hate Sun and Moon, as well as Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?
Because they don't like fun and or quality of life improvements.

Believe it or not, Gen 1. I was a small kid and to be honest I wasn’t very good at the game, haha

With how much the series has changed though, I may give it another go
Let's Go would be a great start.

Its like gen 1 but without the gunk. :D

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So what series that are in Smash currently would you like to try?

I want to try Kirby and Final Fantasy.
I think Castlevania is the main one I'd like to play more of. The only one I've played was Dawn of Sorrow, I liked it but I've just had too much other stuff going on to be able to get into any other games yet.

I've played a fair amount of pretty much every other series, except Pikmin and Animal Crossing. Guess I should probably give those a try at some point too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I actually liked Moon and Ultra Moon. I also have Sun but haven't played it; I guess I just like how Moon is focused around nighttime.

The only problem I had was how most trainers only had one Pokemon, but it didn't ruin the game for me as it was just a minor thing. I may also enjoy Let's Go even with this being the case again.

I also liked Pokemon X and don't remember having any sort-of problems with it. Did it have only one Pokemon per most trainers? I don't remember :I

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of people can't seem to tell the difference between story scenes and tutorials. I keep seeing the phrase "you play a tutorial and then the credits roll" but that is far from the truth.

The game is also a lot more linear, I'll admit. I kind of do wish there was a little more focus on exploration, but aside from that, I think SM made a lot of fantastic changes to the series and was the new direction Pokemon really needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually liked Moon and Ultra Moon. I also have Sun but haven't played it; I guess I just like how Moon is focused around nighttime.

The only problem I had was how most trainers only had one Pokemon, but it didn't ruin the game for me as it was just a minor thing. I may also enjoy Let's Go even with this being the case again.

I also liked Pokemon X and don't remember having any sort-of problems with it. Did it have only one Pokemon per most trainers? I don't remember :I
A lot of people can't seem to tell the difference between story scenes and tutorials. I keep seeing the phrase "you play a tutorial and then the credits roll" but that is far from the truth.

The game is also a lot more linear, I'll admit. I kind of do wish there was a little more focus on exploration, but aside from that, I think SM made a lot of fantastic changes to the series and was the new direction Pokemon really needed.
It just seems as if the good majority of Pokemon fans didn't like Pokemon's run on the 3DS.

I bet if I made a poll asking Pokemon fans which Pokemon run was the best between Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS, the 3DS run would be at least second last.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If you had one opportunity to include a 3rd Party series that has never been on a single Nintendo console/handheld, which would it be?

For me? Either Ratchet & Clank or Ape Escape.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, I have one of my questions of the day. Of all the characters who have actually revealed their voices, which one do you think has the best/worst voice acting?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Bowser possessing Peach would be a good strategy, Mario wouldn’t want to hit her so he would need to find another way to defeat him.
When Nintendo did it better than the fans.
I don't know... I prefer the more modest design of it compared to other Bowsettes...
There’s some good fan designs imo, not all of them are of the busty variety.

This one is the closest to the official Mario artstyle that I’ve seen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bowser possessing Peach would be a good strategy, Mario wouldn’t want to hit her so he would need to find another way to defeat him.

That Peach looks kinda like a peachified Big Bad Bosses Bowser.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thats been going on since gold and silver even. Pokemon fans are almost the literal worst sometimes. almost as bad as Zelda fans.. not nearly though as Sonic fans

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
76 more days to go.

They say Avengers: Infinity War is the crossover of all time. Well they haven't seen Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Am I the only one who sees this game as the Infinity War of games?
Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 = Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The fact that you said we’d never want others to fear our kind but are seeing in your profil picture wearing the infinity gauntlet shown that was a lie.
Don’t worry it’s the fake infinity gauntlet from Asgard

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Huh, wow, that one's not bad
Wait... have people been hating on X&Y when I was gone? Not on my watch...
Gen 6 is best gen

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
If these would be all the newcomers for the baseroster eventually, I'd possibly not survive lol. This would be perfect in my eyes (and Banjo for DLC) and I feel like it would satisfy a lot of people.. especially loud fanbases like Geno, Bandana Dee, and Shadow. However getting 8 more characters is ambitious, it seems, I know that. But it's nice to envision it ^_^

Pic credits to my friend, Charm.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Yeah that one is pretty good, but This one's probably my favorite.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can at least understand the dislike for X/Y because it honestly felt like a few steps back from B/W in a lot of ways.

But on the other hand, I've always thought Mega Evolution was one of the best things to happen to the series and it boggles my mind how many people want to see it removed.

D

Deleted member

If these would be all the newcomers for the baseroster eventually, I'd possibly not survive lol. This would be perfect in my eyes (and Banjo for DLC) and I feel like it would satisfy a lot of people.. especially loud fanbases like Geno, Bandana Dee, and Shadow. However getting 8 more characters is ambitious, it seems, I know that. But it's nice to envision it ^_^

Pic credits to my friend, Charm.

Wait, where's Simon and Isabelle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
If you had one opportunity to include a 3rd Party series that has never been on a single Nintendo console/handheld, which would it be?

Jak & Daxter

Jak would one character
abd Daxter would have his moveset from his psp game

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I still don’t get why Bandana Dee isn’t playable yet.

He’s one of those characters that should’ve been in by now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah that one is pretty good, but This one's probably my favorite.
I'm fine with this trend, just not the r34 ones that you commonly see.
That one's good. I like it...
Three words: Parappa the Rapper
no substitutes, try and prove me wrong

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can at least understand the dislike for X/Y because it honestly felt like a few steps back from B/W in a lot of ways.

But on the other hand, I've always thought Mega Evolution was one of the best things to happen to the series and it boggles my mind how many people want to see it removed.
Yeah. To be honest, Gen V is kind of a middle of the road Gen for me. I appricate the different take on writing and the massive number of Pokemon, but general design of Gen V Pokemon is just decent. Not bad, not great, just decent. Oh, I hated the weather mechanics of Gen V too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Carol Danvers.

Also Geno seems so mysterious and very powerful like Captain Marvel is who might be the key to defeating Thanos in Avenges 4.
Thanks for reminding me they're giving Carol Sentry and Adam's job of being stupidly strong in the MCU.
Hell they even ****ing teased Adam Warlock before Gunn got fired.

So the one pushed by Marvel with Comics books not selling yet they keep pushing her in hope to work? :yeahboi:
Nah that's Riri Iron Man

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For me the series needs a serious shakeup, S&M tried a few things here and there like jumping between islands and replacing gyms with trials, but in practice it wasn't actually all that different, so although it was better than X&Y I feel like it still carried the same spirit with it. Pokémon needs a complete change in formular imo, it needs its own BotW, and I don't necessarily mean the same kind of changes, but just a game that makes us look at the series in a completely new light and is willing to take risks, one or two new mechanics and a few different twists just don't cut it anymore.

I don't outright hate S&M, I thought it was alright, but it still felt rather tired to me. It probably wouldn't feel like that to people who haven't been playing the series for almost two decades like I have, but with Let's Go coming out to catter to the more casual audience I do think it's time for the core games to have the veterans in mind aswell.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks for reminding me they're giving Carol Sentry and Adam's job of being stupidly strong in the MCU.
Hell they even ****ing teased Adam Warlock before Gunn got fired.
No more then making MCU Star-Lord an music pop culture loving junkie or Drax an alien or Ego as Star-Lord's father? There's many things the MCU changed from the actual comics.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
imho Sun and Moon were the best pokemon games mechanics-speaking and with quality of life improvements. I also liked a ton of the new pokemon.

That being said, those games were huge wasted potential, especially in Ultra. Ultra was so goddamn lazy and was pretty much $40 DLC that changed very very little from vanilla Sun and Moon. The extremely overbearing hand holding and 69,000 longass cutscenes didn't help either.

Overall, I enjoyed Sun and Moon/Ultra but they definitely had a lot of problems that people legitimately gripe about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No more then making MCU Star-Lord an music pop culture loving junkie or Drax an alien or Ego as Star-Lord's father? There's many things the MCU changed from the actual comics.
Personality and lore aren't much to me compared (because many adaptations change them to their liking, it's nothing new.) to a character's strengths.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
It seems we could have gotten a Guitarist Rosalina in Super Mario Odyssey based on the same artbook that contains Nintendo's concepts on Bowser possessing Peach with his own version of Cappy:

https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1045733109243744256

Would love to see this as an alternate costume in Ultimate for her, as unlikely as it might be. It's quite a chill design for her, and I appreciate it for its simplicity.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's also the fact they turned Thanos into a sympathetic character rather then an genocidal maniac who wanted to wipe out almost all life to impress Death.
I'm not gonna repeat my post again, you just used a different example.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So the one pushed by Marvel with Comics books not selling yet they keep pushing her in hope to work? :yeahboi:
Her push would’ve gone better if it weren’t for Civil War 2 and her Ellen like hair cut
Carol Danvers.

Also Geno seems so mysterious and very powerful like Captain Marvel is who might be the key to defeating Thanos in Avenges 4.
Inb4 Howard the Duck beats Thanos (good comparison though)
It seems we could have gotten a Guitarist Rosalina in Super Mario Odyssey based on the same artbook that contains Nintendo's concepts on Bowser possessing Peach with his own version of Cappy:

Would love to see this as an alternate costume in Ultimate for her, as unlikely as it might be. It's quite a chill design for her, and I appreciate it for its simplicity.
More Rosalina in general is needed
There's also the fact they turned Thanos into a sympathetic character rather then an genocidal maniac who wanted to wipe out almost all life to impress Death.
Which was a better way to handle MCU Thanos honestly

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Which was a better way to handle MCU Thanos honestly
I wish his goal was more complex rather then 'Lol overpopulation' something that's been done already. Seriously 10 years of building up to Thanos and that's the best the MCU can come up with?

Only way they could make that more unique is that a post-credits in Avengers 4 reveals Galactus and Thanos' reason for trying to kill off half of all life is so those wouldn't had suffered the same fate as his planet and people did.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Especially considering he's a Kirby character which Sakurai created.
Pretty sure he's just scared of accusations of bias

https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1045733109243744256

Oh my goodnes, how I wish that happened. She looks so chill and I love it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom