• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So the only answer for the fact that the stage isn't inked is because its a really early build so far? Or has it just not been addressed? I feel like with the rest that the stage has, the ink would show, and that area is clearly one that would be inked.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, he did back in Brawl and 4. Toon Link still does in Ultimate.

The Triforce of Courage didn't really factor into BotW, so it's likely that he won't have it.
I mean, yeah, but I mean really just in anything honestly. A trophy, something so I can see it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So the only answer for the fact that the stage isn't inked is because its a really early build so far? Or has it just not been addressed? I feel like with the rest that the stage has, the ink would show, and that area is clearly one that would be inked.
Devs can keep the ink from appearing; this is known because of Inkling's character trailer.

The timer also seems like it could be frozen.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Which is why Trainer shouldn't have come back. He brought back transforming characters, and overlapping Pokemon types, both of which the game was better without.
Well someone isn't feeling the "Everyone is Here" spirit. Anyway, careful with the character hate, you could be insulting someone's main.

And do you seriously think Squirtle and Greninja or Ivy and Decidueye are at all similar just because they have the same type? That's worse then the "too many swordsmen" argument.

Ivysaur is da bomb btw.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Debug mode. The clock being at 2:30 flat points to time being frozen which you can kind of guess the stage didn't get inked because of that. The fact that the stage isn't inked makes it more real for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The final decision on whether or not the Ken leak is legit continues on

Pakky

Smash Hero
An actual moveset based around being a sniper. Spirit Shackle would be its main tool, keeping foes struck by it in place to allow Decidueye to get to a more favorable position to shoot again. Its kit would be that of a calculated sniper with a litany of projectiles, with plant-based, ghostly, and birdlike moves to fill in the gaps. I've posted my own moveset for him in the past.

And Pokken's version of him wouldn't necessarily be what Sakurai would've gone with anyway. Not like Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Charizard are much like their Smash counterparts.
Not a bad idea not at all but if feels like you described :ultzss:

D

Deleted member

Man, I gotta wonder though: Who besides the devs would have access to the debug tools? Do playtesters and localizers have access to these things?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
:ultridley: gotten in due to high requests and his design is an amalgamation of his Super Metroid and Other M look.

:ultisabelle: is a new breakout Nintendo character that's been around since 2012. She's simply not comparable to Corrin's inclusion in Smash Wii U.

Pretty much all Splatoon content, including :ultinkling:, are based off Splatoon 1, a 2015 Wii U game, and the lack of anything Splatoon 2 is pretty telling.

:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: are old-school characters representing an iconic, classic franchise that's been around since the NES era.

:ultchrom: isn't even the latest lord anymore and :ultkrool: and :ultdarksamus: are self-explanatory.

So really, what "advertisement characters" are there? This argument would make sense if we've gotten characters like Spring Man and Rex, (at the time) unproven characters who would solely get in back in 2015/2016 because they had an upcoming new game. Even Pokemon itself would get a newcomer due to how much of a crowd-pleaser the franchise is.
This basically proved why Elma is so likely since everything seems to be based off of the end of Wii U era (2015-2016) and her and her game X were big at the time.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
In order for the Ink to not be on the stage, someone has to have dev tools in order to remove it. The only time we ever see Moray towers without Ink was in the Inkling trailer, and it is entirely in a different location than this picture.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not a bad idea not at all but if feels like you described :ultzss:
I don't see any similarities beyond, if you really stretch it, the Paralyzer.
Leak are made to be patched or mustard to which end i has no clue.
I think you're missing a word here or something. Either that or I have no idea what you mean.

D

Deleted member

Man, I gotta wonder though: Who besides the devs would have access to the debug tools? Do playtesters and localizers have access to these things?
They won't now once Sakurai gets told by Nintendo reps, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I also think the ear on the left is bending really weirdly in the "leak"
If there's anything at all different about the size of his eyes I don't see why it can't just be a different build. Keep in mind that the trailers were so rushed that they would alternate between footage of early and updated builds featuring earlier designs of characters like Wolf:

Left is the final design with blue boots, lighter jacket and black knee straps and the right is an earlier design with a darker jacket with red boots and white knee straps only on the right side, both have been featured in the same trailers and the early design is even seen on screenshots on the website. You can see all the differences in this Post.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I still think a tableflipping piledriving Incineroar would be more hype.

(Rowlett and deciduey are one of my fav pokemon btw,)

Chrono.

This made me kind of excited for Ken, even if I knew he was coming, actually seeing him feels nice.

...Unfortunately now we gotta wait for possible footage or any more leaks.

Hold on to your butts.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah~ I can't wait for the 50 fact extravaganza for Smash Ultimate where all points are just Characters reveals.
Reveals 1-10 are Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Rayman, and reversals of Ashley, Waluigi, and Shovel Knight. "Sakurai... No... Please... My heart... MY HEART!" 11 is Crono and literally everyone watching instantaneously dies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which is why Trainer shouldn't have come back. He brought back transforming characters, and overlapping Pokemon types, both of which the game was better without.
You watch your ***** mouth about Pokémon Trainer (especially since we have a female trainer in Leaf to fight alongside Red)
This made me kind of excited for Ken, even if I knew he was coming, actually seeing him feels nice.

...Unfortunately now we gotta wait for possible footage or any more leaks.

Hold on to your butts.
I ain’t holding onto nothing until I see Shadow being playable in Smash Ultimate

D

Deleted member

In order for the Ink to not be on the stage, someone has to have dev tools in order to remove it. The only time we ever see Moray towers without Ink was in the Inkling trailer, and it is entirely in a different location than this picture.
Alright, but just to play devil's advocate (hopefully you all are aware of the phrase lol), why stop the ink but not other things like fat cat or other background aesthetics kept? The ink doesn't really impede the view of anything. It'd be like removing villagers from that Animal Crossing stage.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean unique to Smash, not unique to Pokemon in general. Smash already has a Fire, and a Dark type. Grass and Ghost would have both been unique to Smash 4's Pokemon, but aren't in Ultimate thanks to Ivysaur returning.

Well someone isn't feeling the "Everyone is Here" spirit. Anyway, careful with the character hate, you could be insulting someone's main.

And do you seriously think Squirtle and Greninja or Ivy and Decidueye are at all similar just because they have the same type? That's worse then the "too many swordsmen" argument.

Ivysaur is da bomb btw.
Pokemon Trainer is my main, and I am so glad he returned as a three-in-one-fighter rather than separate slots (as well as no penalty!). But I also think it's healthy for people to criticize characters--as much as I want to criticize Pet Peeve, I'm holding back. And I actually agree, but that's why I didn't like Incineroar initially--Greninja's grandfathered in, but it seems redundant to have two fire starters when there's many more Gen 7 Pokemon that would add elemental variety in addition to their own unique traits. But I wouldn't be against Incineroar being in (unlike Pet Peeve) and glad for the fans if he makes it in.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I know that... I was just saying the leak hasn't been debunked yet... I personally doubt that Phoenix Wright is in the game...
Whats funny though is this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

This is Vergeben's first Smash leak. He has never denied its veracity.

The list:
Sonic
Tails
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Zero
Phoenix Wright
Snake
Cloud
Noctis

Technically Sonic, Bayo, Mega Man, Snake and Cloud are returning so he was right about that. Zero IS technically in the game but is an AT. However that leaves Tails, Phoenix Wright and Noctis.

Whether or not you believe these 3 are in the game (as AT's or Characters), I would pay attention to it, even if its not something Vergeben mentions anymore.

IMO, Phoenix has the possibility of being surprise confirmed during the Capcom AA presentation in roughly 12 hours. Its a stretch mind you, but it could happen.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This basically proved why Elma is so likely since everything seems to be based off of the end of Wii U era (2015-2016) and her and her game X were big at the time.
Elma is unlikely because I got everything I wanted in Smash 4 so now I get Chrom as a chromsolation prize. Sorry folks, it's my fault :^(

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

The list:
Sonic
Tails
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Zero
Phoenix Wright
Snake
Cloud
Noctis

Technically Sonic, Bayo, Mega Man, Snake and Cloud are returning so he was right about that. Zero IS technically in the game but is an AT. However that leaves Tails, Phoenix Wright and Noctis.

Whether or not you believe these 3 are in the game (as AT's or Characters), I would pay attention to it, even if its not something Vergeben mentions anymore.

IMO, Phoenix has the possibility of being surprise confirmed during the Capcom AA presentation in roughly 12 hours. Its a stretch mind you, but it could happen.
He said that he disowned that leak and that it was from incorrect sources. Zero Being an Assist trophy and The Lack of Ryu, proves this

Last edited:

Chrono.

The list:
Sonic
Tails
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Zero
Phoenix Wright
Snake
Cloud
Noctis

Eh, as much I'd love Tails and Noctis, I'm pretty sure we can lay this to bed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See, the thing is that if this person has access to something where he/she can access this menu, and it’s a build, then that can absolutely mean more is coming.

That also assumes he hasn’t been caught or ninja’d.

I just now had the image of Sakurai pointing at him, and his voicing sounding like Shao Kahn as he says, “Finish him!”, as he sends the Ninteninja’s after this mofo.

Now, part of me would love to see a new character that isn’t Incineroar because then there’s hope the box theory is a dead end. However, and keep this in mind, if the next character is Incineroar, that’s...a weird coincidence.

Like for everything to be Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar is, indicative of SOMETHING, but whether they are all that’s left for base roster I can’t say.

As others have said, hold onto your butts. This has potential to be the equivalent to the ESRB leak folks.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Man, all this talk of what Decidueye would do in Smash is really warming me up to the idea of Incineroar (No pun intended). I think I'm finally making peace with the idea of him being the gen 7 rep and am fine with it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon Trainer is my main, and I am so glad he returned as a three-in-one-fighter rather than separate slots (as well as no penalty!). But I also think it's healthy for people to criticize characters--as much as I want to criticize Pet Peeve, I'm holding back. And I actually agree, but that's why I didn't like Incineroar initially--Greninja's grandfathered in, but it seems redundant to have two fire starters when there's so many more Gen 7 Pokemon that would add elemental variety in addition to their own unique traits. But I wouldn't be against Incineroar being in (unlike Pet Peeve) and glad for the fans if he makes it in.
Critisizing a character is one thing, but saying they shouldn't be in the game at all is another. Saying "if character y isn't in because of character x" does nothing but stir up drama, and usually isn't even neccesarily true.

Anyway, Incineroar sound like he'd be a lot more like Bowser or Charizard on paper, but I'm sure he'll do plenty to set himself apart from them.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It's a bit annoying that this Ken leaker guy has only posted Ken so far. Even Incineroar would've been more interesting.

Staarih

Smash Master

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468

The list:
Sonic
Tails
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Zero
Phoenix Wright
Snake
Cloud
Noctis

I mean that list is already wrong due to not having Simon, Richter, Ryu, and Pac-man on it. Though I wish I didn't have to admit that.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
See, the thing is that if this person has access to something where he/she can access this menu, and it’s a build, then that can absolutely mean more is coming.

That also assumes he hasn’t been caught or ninja’d.

I just now had he image of Sakurai pointing at him, and his voicing sounding like Shao Kahn as he says, “Finish him!”, as he sends the Ninteninja’s after this mofo.

Now, part of me would love to see a new character that isn’t Incineroar because then there’s hope the box theory is a dead end. However, and keep this in mind, if the next character is Incineroar, that’s...a weird coincidence.

Like for everything to be Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar, Ken and Incineroar is, indicative of SOMETHING, but whether they are all that’s left for base roster I can’t say.

As others have said, hold onto your butts. This has potential to be the equivalent to the ESRB leak folks.
I was gonna say, all this person needs to do is just leak the list of characters and prove that this image was theirs. Better yet, just show more models.

I mean that list is already wrong due to not having Simon, Richter, Ryu, and Pac-man on it. Though I wish I didn't have to admit that.
A lack of characters doesn't mean something is wrong. If he said "No Simon, Ryu, Pac-man", then its wrong.

Its the same reason why people believe him yet he didn't know K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom or Richter were in the game.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have we ever seen a picture leaker only showcase a single character in the past? If I had access to a copy of the game and was going to leak it, I'd try to show off as many characters as possible. That's why the ESRB guy showed the full roster rather then gameplay screenshots, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom