• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
r/woosh

The :4pacman: emoji is often used for sarcasm around here
No I got the joke lol I was just bringing up another point saying that even with the grass type we got, things were omitted. So all of this "Typing is Key" talk is silly.

If anything theme matters more than typing.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay real talk because this is exhausting now.

How is the owl functionally different from or better than :ultdarkpit: or:ultpit:

We have a template in Pokken and from what I've played, it's not that interesting.

Like I get disappointment but this is teetering into nonsense.

What does being a ghost bring to the table? What character does it have?

Its design is dank I get that but, what else is there?
Pit shoots arrows for literally one attack. The comparisons to Decidueye are really dumb, as Decidueye would likely be much more archery-inspired.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
First they aren't the same character, they play differently and have different movesets, they're grouped as 1 character cuz that's their gmmick. Sheik and zero suit never did because they had different movesets and that wasn't their purpose
Did you type this wrong, or was it your intention to say that?

Also, what exactly was Shiek's "purpose" if not to be Zelda's transformation?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm incredibly glad Pokemon Trainer is back, and saying they should get rid of him because of type overlap is incredibly petty.
Especially now that they got rid of his major issues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't wait for the next legit leak come out, but its not Incineroar. That will be a treat.
I on the other hand grow tired of waiting for any "leaks", real or fake that have Incineroar in screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pit shoots arrows for literally one attack. The comparisons to Decidueye are really dumb, as Decidueye would likely be much more archery-inspired.
Pit shoot arrow that can go into like 180 degree turns .

Link can pick up his arrows and shoot two

Young link has fire arrows.

These things are multilayered

What's left for the owl?

Cuz looking at Pokken as a template he's kinda :ultfalco: (Cuz humanoid bird does humanoid bird stuff) with a hint of arrow stuff.

Unless I'm not seeing something.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Gonna be paying attention to the glowing Triforce for a while. It's just neat to look at. I need to see if Link ever uses his (probably not).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That doesn’t help Phoenix at all

But this is the best one by far of picture leaks

The only thing iffy about it is pac-man is hiding kens official portrait if real why would they hide it.
They do that in Smash so it doesn't obscure the characters.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Not a fan of Pokemon here, but do you think Gardevoir could be a good addition for the game ? Also some people believe that this pokemon can be a good MewTwo Echo fighter.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a Decidueye guy, still love it but my favorite starter from Gen VII is Primarina but I've always been in on the idea of Decidueye for Smash because this is how I imagine it would play
And I'm kinda disappointed we won't get anything quite like this

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
As for me, I'm not disappointed with :ultpokemontrainer: being 3-in-1. But if we get Incineroar, I'll be disappointed that out of 10 playable Pokémon, half are just starters.
More than half. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Greninja, Incineroar and Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

Not a fan of Pokemon here, but do you think Gardevoir could be a good addition for the game ? Also some people believe that this pokemon can be a good MewTwo Echo fighter.
Gardevoir does not work as a Mewtwo echo because it lacks a tail.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Are you really going to blame Ivysaur for if Decidueye doesn't get in?
No? He's clearly not preventing Decidueye in any way because they don't care about overlapping types in Ultimate.

It's also not a character's fault that another character doesn't get in. They aren't real. Don't be a weirdo.

That would be cool, but according to Sakurai law no Trainers besides :ultpokemontrainer: are allowed in the game.
Leaf is also in the game though.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Gonna be paying attention to the glowing Triforce for a while. It's just neat to look at. I need to see if Link ever uses his (probably not).
God, the attention to detail is amazing. I would bet Zelda and Toon Link has the Triforce on their hands during FS.
But why not Link or Young Link? They could, but I am still waiting/hoping Young Link's FS is Fierce Deity Link.

D

Deleted member

I must be behind in the news, when was Bayo banned?
Wasn't she in some tournament play or was that people just upselling how OP she was? I never joined any tourneys and Im just spouting what I remember hearing at the time lol.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I need Ken leaker to leak someone other than Incineroar, but you know that's probably who they'll leak next if anyone.
i honestly want him to do three things for me
-show off Wolf's alts.
-if there's a minecraft block as an item
-Young Link's Final Smash
because if these are in, hoohoo boy, just saying

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
No? He's clearly not preventing Decidueye in any way because they don't care about overlapping types in Ultimate.

It's also not a characters fault that another character doesn't get in. They aren't real. Don't be a weirdo.

Leaf is also in the game though.
What i said about sheik's purpose not being to be an alternate for zelda comes from the fact that it is quick and easy for them to add there movesets and make them newcomers because they are really different characters in different games, they didn't split red up becuase the entire idea was that like a pokemon trainer he alternated between pokemon

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Some 4Chan person brought up a good point about Steve's inclusion; the first Nintendo console Minecraft release was in December 2015 for the Wii U, funnily enough the same month as the initial roster finalisation. So if Steve's in, this would mean they were on board with putting him in as soon as he came to Nintendo, assuming he was decided on that early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom