• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You can pretty much say that about almost any human in Smash Bros. though.
Snake is just a dude who uses C4s and CQC. That should be boring as hell.
Even with Ryu, dude doesn't stand out against other characters from his series or even the rest of the roster.
Thing is, they're more iconic than the majority of the Smash Bros. roster despite their seemingly average abilities and design.

Lara Croft is an icon, and one of the few other recognizable video game characters left that you can throw into Smash Bros.
I dunno man.
Ryu's got a simple yet flashy design with the bright red on pure white. And his moveset is pretty unique looking with the animations.
Snake looks like a normal person, but he isn't dressed like one. And his moveset is all explosives and gadgets, that's awesome.
Lara looks and is dressed like a normal woman, and she uses normal weapons in a normal way. That's boring. She bores me.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I made an entire comprehensive post... what, 2 days ago? Where I gave all my reasoning and you failed to critique it, I'll re-post it and see if you wanna give it another try or if you just wanna go round in circles for another 5 pages or so.

I'll also include this quote from Mr. Nintendo:

Verg is nothing special.
In my opinion, Verge is more credible because he doesn't know everyone...
Also... If your upset beacuse one of your most wanted chararctes didn't get in... don't go hate on Verge

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
What concerns me is that I'm not sure Isabelle or Incineroar were Ballot favorites. Especially Incineroar as he didn't exist then.

Now if K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno were the unique ones decided by the Ballot?
That'd be a beautiful, beautiful end to over a decade of "the 3 kings".

Sure, repost it. I'd love to see it.
Not sure if this is some weird joke or what, but I included the quote in my post.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
How satisfied would you guys be if this was the final roster?

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl
Dissapointed, doesn't have anything I wanted.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Verge is more credible because he doesn't know everyone...
Also... If your upset beacuse one of your most wanted chararctes didn't get in... don't go hate on Verge
As I literally just said 10 minutes ago, I'm absolutely fine and overjoyed with the current roster. The game could release right now and I'd still praise it as my favourite game of all time. King K. Rool was the last character I wanted and now he's in. I don't have any personal stake, so please don't assume that the only reason one can disbelieve Verg is because they're upset about him not predicting one of "their characters". Some people are looking at this objectively.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dissapointed, doesn't have anything I wanted.
How about now as I once more updated it.

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac
Tabuu (The Secret Character)

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Karate Joe
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Question, what weapons could Lara use if here realistic (if iconic) double pistols are out?

I know modern Lara can go all Katniss with her bow and can use climbing axes irresponsibly but what about Classic Lara?
Grenade Launcher(I mean Snake has similar stuff)
Grappling Hook
I think some games she had a Knife
Pull a Wario and use the Snowmobile from TR2.
She's uses some weird magical stuff from time to time depending on the game, usually towards the end.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think showing a non-Minecraft game at a Minecraft con would be a terrible marketing move.
Actually, yeah, that's true.

I just thought it may be possible; Minecraft is already big, Mojang really has nothing to lose. They already make millions each year. Showing Minecraft in Smash just increases the Minecraft buzz due to both games' popularity, as some Smash players who haven't played MC may decide to try it out; but to be honest, I know nothing about how marketing goes down, other than stuff you learn from online and how advertisements work / what I've tried to make sense out of things.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've said it before, but I highly doubt the Square character will be in the base game. I think it's much more likely that they end up being DLC. It would explain why Verge can't get a good source saying who it is; they're so early in development that they're not even out of planning yet.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I've said it before, but I highly doubt the Square character will be in the base game. I think it's much more likely that they end up being DLC. It would explain why Verge can't get a good source saying who it is; they're so early in development that it's hardly left the higher-ups' hands.
Watch it as it was Nintendo's answer to the March Video about Sora in smash where the Disney VP said "Oh yeah, Nintendo just have to talk to us." /s

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still can't find the post where the dude supposedly claims a Granblue character is in, you guys sure you're not just letting misinformation run rampant?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Sorry. Skimmed over. My bad.
...and I DID respond to this??

Let's not just make false accusations please.
Ah yes, the post in which you liken me saying Ridley has been "a pipe dream since 2000" to me saying he was "easy in retrospect".

Re-read my post, try to actually understand it, and then maybe you'll be able to come up with a good critique. I'm saying that Verg's leak was just a typical garden-variety unlikely "Ridley" leak that people have been making since 2000, but this time it turned out to be true because Sakurai is making this game specifically to cater to fans.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Edit: I hate arguing and I don't want to keep this going so I'll just let others reply lol.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"the 3 kings".
I'm gonna use you as a Guinea pig because, I ****in hate this term.

There is no big 3. Not even pre Brawl. Geno was popular back then and so was Ridley but so was Isaac. K. Rool was not. Pre Smash 4 Ridley was popular. K. Rool was popular. Isaac was popular. Mewtwo was INCREDIBLY popular. Geno was not. Pre Ultimate Isaac is popular. Geno is popular. Snake was popular. K. Rool was popular. Ridley was popular. The three kings, big three, holy trinity, they don't exist. It's been different near every speculation.

Granted, Ridley and Isaac have been present all 3 speculation periods so make of that what you will.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
You're all to blame for this.

"GIVE US RAYMAN"
"CRASH FOR SMAASSSHH!"
"SHOVEL KNIGHT"
"SPYRO IN SMUSH MA CHILDHOOD"

Well the day has finally come, say hello to your gaijin rep Steve.
Smash is now officially ruined forever tainted by Western garbage.

The floodgates are open, Plants Vs Zombies and Angry Birds reps inbound.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ah yes, the post in which you liken me saying Ridley has been "a pipe dream since 2000" to me saying he was "easy in retrospect".

Re-read my post, try to actually understand it, and then maybe you'll be able to come up with a good critique. I'm saying that Verg's leak was just a typical unlikely "Ridley" leak that people have been making since 2000, but this time it turned out to be true because Sakurai is making this game specifically to cater to fans.
Ah yes, my post in which I point out that...

-saying any Belmont was ever considered "likely" before Vergeben is the prime example of plugging your ears and saying "la la la"...
-the fact that he's been truthful about far more than Ridley...
-if Sakurai's making this game specifically to cater to fans, then why was Isabelle so likely?

You don't seem to realize that leakers are not given a PDF with all the information. They are given conflicting small chunks of info from numerous sources. Despite this, Vergeben's predictions have been entirely right.

If Incineroar is in, will you believe him then or what?

I'm gonna use you as a Guinea pig because, I ****in hate this term.

There is no big 3. Not even pre Brawl. Geno was popular back then and so was Ridley but so was Isaac. K. Rool was not. Pre Smash 4 Ridley was popular. K. Rool was popular. Isaac was popular. Mewtwo was INCREDIBLY popular. Geno was not. Pre Ultimate Isaac is popular. Geno is popular. Snake was popular. K. Rool was popular. Ridley was popular. The three kings, big three, holy trinity, they don't exist. It's been different near every speculation.

Granted, Ridley and Isaac have been present all 3 speculation periods so make of that what you will.
Honestly I don't agree. But I'm sure you'd know better than me.

I'm gonna stand by my main point of Geno being a common request during numerous cycles, rivaling K. Rool at some points. However I will admit there may not be an actual "big 3".

I do believe if there is a big 5 Geno's part of it. But 3's a big difference I suppose.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Karate Joe
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl
Perfect, 5 STARS, A+, TEN OUTTA TEN, I will never ask for anything ever again

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Re-read my post, try to actually understand it, and then maybe you'll be able to come up with a good critique. I'm saying that Verg's leak was just a typical unlikely "Ridley" leak that people have been making since 2000, but this time it turned out to be true because Sakurai is making this game specifically to cater to fans.
Verge has Gotten stuff right about Video games before...
He Leaked The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles For Injustice 2... (A DC Comics fighting game, that barely has any connection to the TMNT), If he got something like that correct... Pretty sure he's worth keeping an eye on...

Shroob

Sup?

"GIVE US RAYMAN"
"CRASH FOR SMAASSSHH!"
"SHOVEL KNIGHT"

This ain't it, chief. You legit can't be serious.

kylexv

Smash Master
Just because Vergeben commented on somebody that said a Granblue character would be DLC doesn't mean a Granblue character will be a DLC character. Vergeben didn't even comment on that.

This guy could be just piggybacking, but only time will tell.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Karate Joe
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl
Wow... You get an A...
You pass

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

"GIVE US RAYMAN"
"CRASH FOR SMAASSSHH!"
"SHOVEL KNIGHT"

There are VERY few games as impactful and revolutionary as Minecraft.

Pass it off as a dumb kids game all you want but it's simply not the truth.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You know what? I hope this all turns out correct because I want to see you all implode on each other.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac
Chorus Kids

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Rayman
Tails
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa

I think this would please more people.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, my post in which I point out that...

-saying any Belmont was ever considered "likely" before Vergeben is the prime example of plugging your ears and saying "la la la"...
-the fact that he's been truthful about far more than Ridley...
-if Sakurai's making this game specifically to cater to fans, then why was Isabelle so likely?

You don't seem to realize that leakers are not given a PDF with all the information. They are given conflicting small chunks of info from numerous sources. Despite this, Vergeben's predictions have been entirely right.

If Incineroar is in, will you believe him then or what?
Never said Belmont was likely, in fact even said he was surprising. Ridley was also unlikely. The point is that this was just your garden-variety, far-fetched, "yeah right" "leak" that turned out to come true because Sakurai is catering exactly to this fanbase.

Isabelle's mega popular in Japan, not sure what your point is.

I've predicted Incineroar since March, so him getting that right wouldn't be the crux. It would add more credibility since obviously he will have gotten another character right, but it still wouldn't convince me 100%.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac
Chorus Kids

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Rayman
Tails
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa

I think this would please more people.
Elma and another Fire Emblem rep over Paper Mario?
Why are we like this gang

Granted you have a very good and ideal line-up.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Y
Honestly, the only thing preventing me getting behind a Plants vs Zombies rep is that Evil A******** aka EA owns them.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Are we still doing the thing where Sakurai said there's just a few more fighters to reveal, and we are listing 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom