• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm torn.

I want Geno for his fans and my roommate who has been obsessed with the idea of him in Smash since before I moved in with him.

But I want Lara Croft as well because I'm a selfish gay who wants more dual pistol queens in the game.
Ah, but if we accept the fact that “queen” can be used gender-neutrally and that Geno can shoot bullets out of both of his hands, then Geno is also, in a sense, a dual pistol queen.

Look at him slay.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Someone who is suddenly on my wishlist.

It's okay. Take deep breaths.
We don't actually know much until the next direct. I think it'll be fine.

And who knows? Maybe the direct isn't really that far off.
How can I take deep breaths when this "Erdrick" and "Lora Craft" people keep haunting my SE-vision!!! Aaaaaa

In that case, you better be happy with MIDI-only music for Dragon Quest lmao
I'll be totally fine if there's no DQ music.
I couldn't care less about that series. Granted, Slime is cute though.
I'll maybe give the series a whirl if Geno's in.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
god Lara would be the one character that would make me go bonkers at sakurai.

The newer games are godawful snuff garbo that exist only to give me stomach uclers when i have to watch lara go through some weird crap to be all "tragic" and "deep".

If lara croft never had a game past 3 and she was still the triangle boobs girl who had a mansion and you can stuff the butler in the fridge, i'd be a lot more chill with her, but now square enix reboot completely ruined that so w/e.

Also there's like 500 more Square enix characters with you know, an actual overlap between them and smash fans. If Snuff **** and Gacha money traps games really are what smash bros chooses to represent in it's hall of glory, i'm probably getting outta here

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So anyway, Granblue and SE aside, there's also the Assists who haven't been shown off yet. Which ones are you rooting for?

Obviously, I'm hoping Isaac makes it in finally. Dillon has a small shot I think. And everyone's probably tired of talking about Shadow. I don't think Saki was shown as an AT yet either.

INB4 Elecman's somehow playable.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honest question because I don't feel like looking it up on my phone and I genuinely don't know.

Has there ever been a Tomb Raider game released on a Nintendo console? Any trashy Gameboy attempts or a Gamecube multiplat I don't know about?

Because I'm racking my brain and can't think of one.
Pretty sure Tomb Raider Anniversary was on the Wii...
Edit: I looked it up... It was

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Haven’t thought of the idea of a mobile character getting in TBH. I thought about visual novels and had Saber and Kyouma in mind, but not mobile gaming, and I dislike mobile gaming in general. Looks like I gotta open my horizons further than the universe again.

I suppose a Granblue character is possible. Granblue is the mobile game that’s the most popular in Japan and I hear about it constantly. IDK, how well the franchise fairs with the West though. I don’t think game had localization prior to the Ultimate project plan. But I’m a newbie at this Granblue deal, so IDK. lol

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So anyway, Granblue and SE aside, there's also the Assists who haven't been shown off yet. Which ones are you rooting for?

Obviously, I'm hoping Isaac makes it in finally. Dillon has a small shot I think. And everyone's probably tired of talking about Shadow. I don't think Saki was shown as an AT yet either.

INB4 Elecman's somehow playable.
Here are some unconfirmed ATs that I can see becoming playable:

Dillon
Isaac
Kat & Ana
Saki Amamiya
Shadow

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Little did we know. That Square-Enix character is protected by the Legendary Guardian Sakurai, the army of Nintendo Ninja and Square-Enix Yakuza who called Back-Up from the Disney Mafia in exchange of developing KHIII

Whoever that character is, there no way whoever leak it end up alive. That's the biggest fortress to pass.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Honest question because I don't feel like looking it up on my phone and I genuinely don't know.

Has there ever been a Tomb Raider game released on a Nintendo console? Any trashy Gameboy attempts or a Gamecube multiplat I don't know about?

Because I'm racking my brain and can't think of one.
The Tomb Raider Legend trilogy was multiplat, including Nintendo consoles.

First game came out on Gamecube, the latter two on Wii.

Those were the dark ages of Lara though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What is Granblue even? All I got is that it's a mobile game.

What makes it any more notable than Pokemon Go or Angry Birds? Please enlighten me

D

Deleted member

While Geno would be cool...I'm sorry guys, I gotta go with Lara Croft. She is super iconic and it would make a friend of mine super happy if it happened.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What is Granblue even? All I got is that it's a mobile game.

What makes it any more notable than Pokemon Go or Angry Birds? Please enlighten me
Ultra super famous Japanese Mobile game that do Crossover with so many ****ing things, SF, Detective Conan, Tales of, Love live-
That **** can be the smashbros of mobile game with all of those crossover

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Granblue is not small potatoes if we're talking about what people in Japan like.

...Which is where Nintendo and Sakurai are based. What's it's connection to Nintendo, again? This actually doesn't sound too crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The newer games are godawful snuff garbo that exist only to give me stomach uclers when i have to watch lara go through some weird crap to be all "tragic" and "deep".

If lara croft never had a game past 3 and she was still the triangle boobs girl who had a mansion and you can stuff the butler in the fridge, i'd be a lot more chill with her, but now square enix reboot completely ruined that so w/e.

Also there's like 500 more Square enix characters with you know, an actual overlap between them and smash fans. If Snuff **** and Gacha money traps games really are what smash bros chooses to represent in it's hall of glory, i'm probably getting outta here
Well, you look at Pac-Man and Simon, who have their more iconic appearances right? The same could be done with Lara. Who's normal design was used much longer than just the first 3 games. Remember that the PS2/Gamecube era and the early 360 era still had Classic Lara. Mega Man's Proportions are made to match with the NES sprites, Ryu's made to look more like SF2 Ryu rather than the later games. Solid Snake looks like MGS1 Snake but with facial hair and not like Old Snake.

I imagine it'd be the same case as with Lara. Take the version people are most attached to.

The Tomb Raider Legend trilogy was multiplat, including Nintendo consoles.

First game came out on Gamecube, the latter two on Wii.

Those were the dark ages of Lara though
Angel of Darkness did too if I'm not mistaken. The Legend/Anniversary games were solid though And yes, there were some Gameboy and GBA games if I remember correctly.

Now THOSE GB games were JANK.

No one better say Noodle Lara for Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hopefully the Minecraft speculation can end at Minecon.

It would be the perfect time to announce a crossover with Smash. If not, I guess it continues.

I just need to know if Creeper get's in dang it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lara Croft is really boring to me. Nothing about her design stands out to me, she's a normal woman with guns.
Yeah Bayo's got guns but she's also got hair magic and whatever, she's cool. What does Croft have, Martial Arts?
If i'm being honest she'd be he only character added to the roster that i'd dislike.
especially because she had to kill my boy Geno to get here

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Made by the guys who made a lot of the old NES FF games.
Didn't they also remake King's Knight aka that one that Projared ranted about for phones?

It's one of the most popular mobile games in Japan
Shouldn't that be a point against it if that was enough to kill Takamaru's chances?

Ultra super famous Japanese Mobile game that do Crossover with so many ****ing things, SF, Detective Conan, Tales of, Love live-
I think Mobile games and crossovers are more the norm than the exception. 90% of Mega Man's appearances in the 10's are in mobile game crossovers.

Can I ask what the game is actually like? Is it an RPG? Is it a tactics game? Is a it a penny fall? I'm still in the dark here.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice

Take off those Nostalgia goggles

The PS1 Tomb Raiders are awful. The reboot games are way better

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Shouldn't that be a point against it if that was enough to kill Takamaru's chances?
Yeah, Granblue is not small potatoes if we're talking about what people in Japan like.

...Which is where Nintendo and Sakurai are based. What's it's connection to Nintendo, again? This actually doesn't sound too crazy.
It's Developer is codeveloping Dragalia Lost with Nintendo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta interject here, because you can say the exact same thing about Puzzle and Dragons. The biggest caviat GungHo has, though, is that they had a crossover game with Mario on the 3DS.

If anything, I'd see Puzzle and Dragons more likely because they've worked with Nintendo before on the past.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Hopefully the Minecraft speculation can end at Minecon.

It would be the perfect time to announce a crossover with Smash. If not, I guess it continues.

I just need to know if Creeper get's in dang it.
I'd like to reiterate my point.
I think Smash would be better for a Nintendo Direct. People at Minecon probably wouldn't care as much as people do watching Directs.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
My biggest question about Steve is simple. Would he use the style seen in-game in Minecraft, or would he use the style seen in Minecraft: Story Mode? I'd honestly have to lean towards the latter since the former would just look hideous in a game like Smash. Anyway, even if this speculation is very outlandish... it's better than the hecking box.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
my point is that my view of the character has been permamently ruined by a horrible vile ass reboot that i wish i could wipe from my mind.

Then again, we had a Fates character, so being a weird game with weirdo stuff doesnt stop you...

Shroob

Sup?
Didn't they also remake King's Knight aka that one that Projared ranted about for phones?

I think Mobile games and crossovers are more the norm than the exception. 90% of Mega Man's appearances in the 10's are in mobile game crossovers.

Can I ask what the game is actually like? Is it an RPG? Is it a tactics game? Is a it a penny fall? I'm still in the dark here.
RPG.

Like, basically it's:

4 characters vs enemies.

Characters have 2-4 skills, and when you click them, they do the skill and then go on cooldown dependent on how many turns have passed. And then you just auto attack until your skills are back up.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Lara Croft is really boring to me. Nothing about her design stands out to me, she's a normal woman with guns.
Yeah Bayo's got guns but she's also got hair magic and whatever, she's cool. What does Croft have, Martial Arts?
If i'm being honest she'd be he only character added to the roster that i'd dislike.
especially because she had to kill my boy Geno to get here
I mean she’s one of the most iconic video game characters of all time. More so than 95% of the Smash roster so yeah i’d say her design is pretty memorable

D

Deleted member

It's Developer is codeveloping Dragalia Lost with Nintendo
...Huh.

I dunno. I feel like the same problems Dante has should technically be enough to cast doubt on this, but on the other hand, that's a closer connection than Dante has.

Woof, this is gonna be a rough next couple of months...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I told you that Verg is full of BS. He is.
He's not. Come on dude, now that's legit GameFaqs toxicity level of denial.
What did Vergeben did that made you mad?
He only said yes to the Minecraft stuff, not the mobile game stuff.

Untouch

Smash Master
my point is that my view of the character has been permamently ruined by a horrible vile *** reboot that i wish i could wipe from my mind.

Then again, we had a Fates character, so being a weird game with weirdo stuff doesnt stop you...
Fates is a Nintendo game on a Nintendo system made by Nintendo.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
my point is that my view of the character has been permamently ruined by a horrible vile *** reboot that i wish i could wipe from my mind.

The world doesn’t revolve around you buddy. I hate Sonic but i’m not gonna sit around crying that he made it into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom