• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Ah.

New Vergeben information.

If that Granblue chick is really in. I can't wait for people who don't know anything about her origins to go ''Oh god. Is this another Fire Emblem character? Really Sakurai? God. Fire Emblem bias again.~~~"
I wouldn't blame Sakurai. I would just blame the leaker here for sneaking in their dream character to throw people off.
What's a Granblue?
It's a popular mobile phone RPG which certain Square Enix alumni have worked on, such as Hideo Minaba and Nobuo Uematsu.

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
How satisfied would you guys be if this was the final roster?

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl
*Makes a list of the heavily requested characters
*Doesn't include Sora

When will this suffering end

D

Deleted member

Aw man, we could be getting a gacha character and it isn't Homura? This is the worst timeline.

:4pacman:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Nintendo is partnering with Cygames to produce their own game right now. Dragalia Lost.
The """leaker""" suggests that talks are still in place so this isn't a "roster was decided in 2015" thing. Why would Nintendo do all that work to promote a game on their opponent's system when they have their own game by this company they would be promoting instead?
Nintendo owns 5% of Cygames. Even if the newest game is coming only to PS4, Nintendo would still make money off of it if the game sold well.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
All I'm here for is an interesting and unique characters, so I'm extremely down for anyone that brings a crazy gimmick or moveset to the table.
Granblue though, huh.
Wouldn't that be a new character from a new third party?

Anyway, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple more characters in terms of echoes that we may not know about.
Especially if the Granblue claim is credible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Aw man, we could be getting a gacha character and it isn't Homura? This is the worst timeline.

:4pacman:
There's gonna be a pool of characters to fill that slot, and we have to make a pull to decide which character fills it.
Every game is different!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you add Katalina you might as well add Teemo from league of legends as a playable character. I mean, popular game right? And nintendo has done stuff with tencent, who own riot games, teemo is an easy choice for P R O M O T I O N, I'm, pretty sure a while back verge hinted that a league of legends fighting game was in development, so it fits with verge theory too, teemo's a lock trust me.

I really don't like the degrading of standards of what consistutes a 3rd party, even Steve minecraft has earned his salt enough to be a respectable 3rd party, even if it's gonna be obnoxious looking at the reactions, gacha is the same type of scum as lootboxes and i dunno how these guys get away with it in the same way that EA doesn't.
Yeah, for third party characters, I'd rather have someone who I actually care about or I can see the appeal of them being Iconic. Or at least popular.

To answer your Gacha question. It's because with Gacha you can get jpgs of someone's waifu or hubando. Phone games are a mistake.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
bruh
just cause you don't think it's likely doesn't mean it's actually unlikely
i get getting tired of a subject but telling folks to move along is kinda presumptuous lol
Eh... it's just a very odd pick. One that just seems baffling as I've never, ever, ever seen ANYBODY ask for it. Even Steve, while I lack interest, at least makes some amount of sense.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
What does this mean?
Daisy, Dark Pit and Lucina’s artwork were intentionally set up and made to mirror Peach, Pit and Marth’s. They are the only three characters to follow this pattern. It was like that with Marth and Lucina and Dark Pit and Pit in Smash 4 too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I personally would be excited for Steve (I like Minecraft and think it's a fun sandbox), I dread the reactions he'd bring.

If you thought Corrin's reception from this community was bad, hooooo boy if Steve happens it's gonna be that times 100. I'd love to be wrong and see people welcome him, buuuuut not many people seem to be onboard with the idea, lol.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Did I miss anything important?
Vergeben (as DasVergeben) backing claims of another leaker who has similar information to his and discussing about the Minecraft content as it seems, here are the details:

"I personally heard the Minecraft content is a stage and / or assist trophy but "possibly" a character from my main Smash sources.

Outside of the main Smash sources, I have had sources of other things and contacts tell me they've heard murmurs of Steve being playable. So there is very possibly something to him actually being playable. I won't claim it myself until I hear it from my main Smash sources, but it is something I have heard from others.

Between them hearing there's "possibly" a Minecraft character and others saying they heard about Steve, there may be something to it all and the Minecraft content I heard about is more than just a stage and / or assist trophy."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6blbnp/?context=3

In addition the other leaker Vergeben backed also stated this:

There is very little evidence as to who it is. DasVergeben and I have talked about it and our sources have only speculations. Unfortunately, that's all we have and we dont wanna get anyone's hopes up by throwing out speculations.

Edit: also people's jobs are on the line if people found out who the Square Enix character is.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6c5p7m/?context=3

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh... it's just a very odd pick. One that just seems baffling as I've never, ever, ever seen ANYBODY ask for it. Even Steve, while I lack interest, at least makes some amount of sense.
Well that's the thing. Especially if she's a DLC character it wouldn't be shocking at all. DLC characters are kind of a weird territory where there's even less "rules" for what the character could be, imo
If they wanted to, they could, and I don't really think there's anything in particular keeping her from appearing. Arguably less than Steve even (emphasis on arguably, because of the supposed relationship between Nintendo and Cygames)

But then again this is a point in time where I'd even think a Dark Souls character would be a neat DLC so

It'd be a strange base game pick though yeah

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Yay, new stuff to speculate on today!

Vergeben's comment on the guy who leaked Samurai Showdown is interesting, and while I don't get it I want to at least wonder on why Sakurai would add a Granblue rep to Smash. Perhaps it's not just the obvious marketing thing for Cygames, but maybe Sakurai wants to represent mobile gaming with a huge rep? The others would mostly be anime right?

Also my opinion on Steve is I didn't want him particularly but I think he'd be awesome in Smash.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Vergeben backing claims of another leaker who has similar information to his and discussing about the Minecraft content as it seems, here are the details:

"I personally heard the Minecraft content is a stage and / or assist trophy but "possibly" a character from my main Smash sources.

Outside of the main Smash sources, I have had sources of other things and contacts tell me they've heard murmurs of Steve being playable. So there is very possibly something to him actually being playable. I won't claim it myself until I hear it from my main Smash sources, but it is something I have heard from others.

Between them hearing there's "possibly" a Minecraft character and others saying they heard about Steve, there may be something to it all and the Minecraft content I heard about is more than just a stage and / or assist trophy."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6blbnp/?context=3

In addition the other leaker Vergeben backed also stated this:

There is very little evidence as to who it is. DasVergeben and I have talked about it and our sources have only speculations. Unfortunately, that's all we have and we dont wanna get anyone's hopes up by throwing out speculations.

Edit: also people's jobs are on the line if people found out who the Square Enix character is.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6c5p7m/?context=3
Their jobs aren't on the line for leaking Steve?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We did!?! xD
The mode was similar to Angry Birds.

Their jobs aren't on the line for leaking Steve?
Maybe the SE character is pretty specific or something and only a few folks know it. Different from Minecraft because the only character... is the player character. Unless we wanna talk about Enderman in Smash or something. (A mob AT would be cool though)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact according to them that Nintendo is being so secretive about the SE rep leads me to believe Nintendo thinks this is a major get.

Which either makes me think it's Geno to please the fans and they don't want that getting out.

Or it's another of their big gaming icons like Lara or Sora.

D

Deleted member

Man, I know I shouldn't hype myself up when nothing is confirmed, but I'm starting to really like the idea of Steve in Smash. Minecraft has a TON of content to pull from and has established itself as an iconic franchise. Seeing it in Smash would be very cool IMO, and the potential for music, stages, ATs, and more are starting to sound really cool.

Still, I'm not gonna overhype. This could be something, but it could also be nothing. I will wait and see what actually happens.

Potato_

Smash Lord
How satisfied would you guys be if this was the final roster?

Base:
Unique Fighters:
Bandana Dee
Geno
Incineroar
Isaac

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ken
Shadow

DLC:
Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Fire Emblem rep
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex & Pyra
Spring Man

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow
Felix
Medusa
Octoling
Ribbon Girl

"You know, I just want ONE unique Zelda newcomer. Just one. I've been waiting since Melee. Is that too much to ask at this point?"

Would probably be my initial reaction.

Other than that it's alright.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyone got a link to where this new guy says a Granblue character is in? As far as I can see he's still not commiting to saying who the SE rep is.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
The fact according to them that Nintendo is being so secretive about the SE rep leads me to believe Nintendo thinks this is a major get.

Which either makes me think it's Geno to please the fans and they don't want that getting out.

In Japan, a DQ character would be Cloud level.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Maybe something wildly unguessable
Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange) confirmed for Smash Bros

(Incidentally, her birthday is tomorrow. NINTENDO DIRECT?????)

Also I know they only published the game, they didn't work on it.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

That's exactly what I though. It seems that they're super secretive about the SE characters, if Freaking Simon and Snake coming back wasn't that secretive, it means something is up.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I really hope it's Geno.
I really, really hope it's Geno.
You could even say...

I wish it'll be Geno!

i'm here all week

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman

Sora is Disney through and through

The non geno ones that would be large is factual enough to hide them are Erdrick, Crono and possibiliy even Sephiroth (Assuming the smash direct intentionally hid one winged angel because **** off adding him and not that tune).

Dunno where this insistence on Lara comes from, again, I have to list teemo as an example of famous game =/= smash material

Next thing you know people will be saying Ezio will be in because he's famous and Ubisoft added a trophy lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom