• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The funny thing is Monster Hunter isn't better represented by the stage and assist trophy. That series has playable character all over it too.

Neither series is this weak ''You can't make a moveset out of that!~~" that everyone seems to think.
Well Monster Hunter could’ve, but it doesn’t have a character, nor did I say that they can’t be unique. If you read anything that I have said before, you should’ve known that Steve (or the avatar) has a lot of moveset potential. However, so did the Monster Hunter, but there doesn’t seem to be a playable character from the series despite that.

I’ve noticed some similarities between the series. Both have a lot of potential for a moveset, but there is also a big icon from the series as well. Monster Hunter got Rathalos, but not a character. So I assumed the same thing could go for Minecraft.

D

Deleted member

I told you that Verg is full of BS. He is.
Not that I believe it's impossible for the last bits of info he's shared to turn out wrong, but what makes you think he's 100% likely to be wrong? He's at least worth paying attention to, he's gotten everything right on the money so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Alright lemme bust out my binoculars and find out where-oh...

Oh wait!

ALL his info on Smash so far has been correct!

So lemme know where the "BS" you're talking about is.
Something something... Ridley was a safe guess even after being explicitly stated to be unfit for Smash by the guy that makes the Smash games.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
The world doesn’t revolve around you buddy. I hate Sonic but i’m not gonna sit around crying that he made it into Smash.
Sonic hasn't been given a ****ed up sexual harassment scene for shock value yet. Maybe the forces DLC will add that, who knows

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
He's not. Come on dude, now that's legit GameFaqs toxicity level of denial.
What did Vergeben did that made you mad?
He only said yes to the Minecraft stuff, not the mobile game stuff.
Nothing made me mad! I have no personal stake, no horse in this race. The game could release with the roster as it is now and I'd still laud it as my favourite ever game.

It's just that I've been seeing through Verg since June and how conveniently he times his "leaks". Whenever I try and construct my point here though, we just go round in circles for 5 pages, which I can't be bothered to do again.

Everyone's eager to latch on to the first lucky guesser and parade them as the one true leaker during the speculation periods, and it just annoys me seeing people discount rumours, theories or leaks on the basis of Verg.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nothing made me mad! I have no personal stake, no horse in this race. The game could release with the roster as it is now and I'd still laud it as my favourite ever game.

It's just that I've been seeing through Verg since June and how conveniently he times his "leaks". Whenever I try and construct my point here though, we just go round in circles for 5 pages, which I can't be bothered to do again.

Everyone's eager to latch on to the first lucky guesser and parade them as the one true leaker during the speculation periods, and it just annoys me seeing people discount rumours, theories or leaks on the basis of Verg.
Fam I don't know why you see this as latching on with no evidence when literally all his predictions have been correct, timing or not.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like to reiterate my point.
However, they could potentially pull in more buyers.

Any parent that see's Minecraft in Smash may think their kids will like it, or they'll get it because their kids actually make it clear that they want it, or they want it themselves. Then there's all the other people of varying ages that will see it and may want it.

Of course, your point is true; Nintendo may play it safe, and tell Mojang to let them reveal it themselves.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We got a Fire Emblem heroes song, maybe that was a glimpse of our new mobile overlords.
Or that Heroes has a surprisingly great soundtrack.

I ****ing love all the Book II music.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If Vergeben is a lucky guesser, I sure hope he tell me the numbers of tomorrow's lottery.

D

Deleted member

But...

He's gotten everything right. Like, everything he's said down to the nitty, gritty details has been right so far. I don't think you can really guess these kinds of things...

Eh, to each their own. We'll have to agree to disagree. :)

D

Deleted member

The best part is even if it turns out that VeggieTales was just doing lucky guesses, it won't matter sense most of the stuff he's mentioned has ended up in the game. It's like Gematsu, who cares if it was incorrect on some points when all but two (now one) of it's predicted characters are in the game?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, what weapons could Lara use if here realistic (if iconic) double pistols are out?

I know modern Lara can go all Katniss with her bow and can use climbing axes irresponsibly but what about Classic Lara?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
However, they could potentially pull in more buyers.

Any parent that see's Minecraft in Smash may think their kids will like it, or they'll get it because their kids actually make it clear that they want it, or they want it themselves. Then there's all the other people of varying ages that will see it and may want it.

Of course, your point is true; Nintendo may play it safe, and tell Mojang to let them reveal it themselves.
I think showing a non-Minecraft game at a Minecraft con would be a terrible marketing move.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Honest question because I don't feel like looking it up on my phone and I genuinely don't know.

Has there ever been a Tomb Raider game released on a Nintendo console? Any trashy Gameboy attempts or a Gamecube multiplat I don't know about?

Because I'm racking my brain and can't think of one.
There were 2 on GBC and 1 on GBA.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Lara Croft is really boring to me. Nothing about her design stands out to me, she's a normal woman with guns.
Yeah Bayo's got guns but she's also got hair magic and whatever, she's cool. What does Croft have, Martial Arts?
If i'm being honest she'd be he only character added to the roster that i'd dislike.
especially because she had to kill my boy Geno to get here
You can pretty much say that about almost any human in Smash Bros. though.
Snake is just a dude who uses C4s and CQC. That should be boring as hell.
Even with Ryu, dude doesn't stand out against other characters from his series or even the rest of the roster. Only unique element is the Hadouken, everything else is just martial arts.
Thing is, they're more iconic than the majority of the Smash Bros. roster despite their seemingly average abilities and design.

Lara Croft is an icon, and one of the few other recognizable video game characters left that you can throw into Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Granblue and Geno have absolutely 0 relation. Please don't spread misinfo like that.
I think where he's coming from, and honestly where I'm coming from, is that Sakurai has stated multiple times that they've been listening to requests and the ballot this time around. When Dark Samus and Chrom got in, he said they were two highly-requested fighters.

He sorta set a precedent for this Smash game, and Granblue doesnt fit that bill.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Alright lemme bust out my binoculars and find out where-oh...

Oh wait!

ALL his info on Smash so far has been correct!

So lemme know where the "BS" you're talking about is.

I made an entire comprehensive post... what, 2 days ago? Where I gave all my reasoning and you failed to critique it, I'll re-post it and see if you wanna give it another try or if you just wanna go round in circles for another 5 pages or so.

Hate to hurt your feelings but I guess I'll repeat it since you apparently didn't get the point.

I don't doubt that he has inside info about some games - the TMNT make that clear - but other games are very likely to be BS. Leakers thrive off of attention, so they're obviously going to throw in BS to stay relevant.

Snake and Ridley are both the stuff of pipedream rosters - but this game is a pipedream, so they happened to be true.

Ice Climbers were obvious.

Isabelle was likely.

He said "No cuts from Smash 4", not "EVERY FIGHTER EVER IS BACK", that's big information to miss, and he'd certainly have said that rather than just "snake and ice climbers" are back.

Simon is the only surprising prediction, and even he's been mooted since Brawl days.

Maybe he is legit, but people need to stop treating him like the Messiah of Smash info - he's nowhere near the level of Gematsu. He's not the be-all, end-all, and people shouldn't automatically hold every theory or new leak against his word.
I'll also include this quote from Mr. Nintendo:

We've had much bigger and way more credible leaks go down than Verg. It's certainly possible

We've got 9 newcomers so far, Verg got only 3 of them. 1 was a common guess and the other just obvious to begin with.

Simon I'll give him credit for, especially since he said him before E3.

And then some veteran info, no cuts and a couple returning faces. But he still missed a lot of returning cut veterans.

Compare that to Gematsu

Before Robin, 8/9 for all the characters. The only newcomer missed was Rosalina. He was also very vague with Greninja just stating Pokemon X/Y (which Sakurai admitted Greninja was a placeholder) and thanks to a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and correctly getting the names of Mii Fighters. Everything pointed in his favour. IT WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE

FALCON PUNCH!!!

Verg is nothing special.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alright, hol' up. Lara Croft being an actual possibility? ****ing Granblue? What is going on? (This thread needs something like a daily sticky that gives all of the relevant info, I can't keep up)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sonic hasn't been given a ****ed up sexual harassment scene for shock value yet. Maybe the forces DLC will add that, who knows
Well, it's called storytelling and it wasn't even graphic but uh, I guess you don't care. And not to diminish the horror that is sexual harassment but she explicitly made sure that didn't happen. She shot the dude in the goddamn head. And it was like 3 seconds of a 20 hour game.

If your that offended by a single scene from a game maybe you should go back and see what Nintendo did with Peach in Super Princess Peach and some of the Mario RPG games. Your making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

Shroob

Sup?
I think where he's coming from, and honestly where I'm coming from, is that Sakurai has stated multiple times that they've been listening to requests and the ballot this time around. When Dark Samus and Chrom got in, he said they were two highly-requested fighters.

He sorta set a precedent for this Smash game, and Granblue doesnt fit that bill.
I mean, if Incineroar gets in, that won't be due to the ballot, that'll be because a company asked "Hey, put out stuff in Smash."

Not every character is gonna be ballot based.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

What concerns me is that I'm not sure Isabelle or Incineroar were Ballot favorites. Especially Incineroar as he didn't exist then.

Now if K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno were the unique ones decided by the Ballot?
That'd be a beautiful, beautiful end to over a decade of "the 3 kings".

I made an entire comprehensive post... what, 2 days ago? Where I gave all my reasoning and you failed to critique it, I'll re-post it and see if you wanna give it another try or if you just wanna go round in circles for another 5 pages or so.

Verg is nothing special.
Sure, repost it. I'd love to see it.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Here are some unconfirmed ATs that I can see becoming playable:

Dillon
Isaac
Kat & Ana
Saki Amamiya
Shadow
Wait... Kat & Ana haven’t been shown?

I have to wonder if all these characters we our hearing like Steve, GB, Geno and a few others are just DLC characters and not base?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Verg is nothing special.
No dude. I'll make this clear.

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LEAKS WORK
No leaker get all information in a PDF format detailled down to the % of the down-tilt of X characters

Most of the leaks are just people in industry talking to each other freely, without thinking about it.
OR they say the STRICT minimum to not get traced back as some VERY ROUGH measure are made against LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom