• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
To help pass the time, from each of the companies that have third party characters in Smash already, who would you like to see from them?
For me,
Sega: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Namco: Dark Souls character (Dark Souls)
Square Einx: 2B (Nier Automata)
Konami: Bill Rizir (Contra)
SEGA: Another Sonic character or NiGHTS
Capcom: Mega Man X or Phoenix Wright
Namco: Valkyrie or Heihachi
Konami: Bill Rizer
Square: Bravely Default character (or Geno if he counts)

D

Deleted member

Regarding the who "Anime style" discussion, I don't really have anything against it, it's just that style has kind of been done to death already. I generally a much more realistic apporach to games, but I mainly look at who the characters ARE, rather than how they look like.

Unless it's waifu-bait, in which case I don't care either way.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Alright so what are everyone's final offical predictions? Give or take, Mine are
Last prediction:
New character - Incineroar or Skull Kid, and new echo Isabelle. I'm not expecting more than one character and one echo. I don't really think there's much in the was of Smash at all, but we're definitely getting a character, and it'll probably be someone with general popularity over a Smash fanbase darling.

I'm hoping for Tails (or dare I even pray for the Dragonborn...), but I don't see that anywhere close to likely tonight.

---

Well, it's about time I sign off to get ready for class. I'm probably not gonna be back until the boards stop crashing tonight, so good luck to everyone. I'll see you all on the other side where we can all continue our anxiety over our favorite characters celebrate!

And congratulations who whoever character #68 is!

Hopefully there's not too much salt - don't forget we've probably got another Smash direct in the next month or so, and a lot more potential reveals from that. Also, there's a 90% chance we'll be getting DLC so we all still have chances - even if they're an assist now, 'they've never done a DLC promotion before!' is just as fanrule-y as 'no third parties!'

Talos preserve us.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Another thing with Inceniroar...that makes three of our 5 newcomers heavy weights (assuming he is).

But I guess some people wanted more of that huh? Lol

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
To help pass the time, from each of the companies that have third party characters in Smash already, who would you like to see from them?
For me,
Sega: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Namco: Dark Souls character (Dark Souls)
Square Einx: 2B (Nier Automata)
Konami: Bill Rizir (Contra)
Sega: Tails
Capcom: Chun-Li
Namco: Heihachi Mishima
Square: Lara Croft
Konami: Raiden

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Two more hours. I can wait two more hours.

Really, it's more like one hour of waiting and another hour of playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp starting at 5 PM.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
So far there hasn't been a newcomer I really disliked in any smash game.

I doubt that will change.

What i'm trying to say is i'm either way going to be happy with who we get.
There's been a couple I was like "huh?" or "what?" for, at least at first, and Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters just don't excite me, but none I've actively disliked. I remember some people were actually angry - ANGRY - at Wii Fit Trainer's reveal! Like, why?

So yeah. I like your attitude, and I'm on the same page.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think we will see at least one of either Elma or Isabelle. Hoping for Waddle Dee too.

(And maybe Black Shadow...)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I've got my fingers crossed for either:
Isaac
Lycanroc
Elma
You listed all of my most wanted.

I want all three of them to happen, and I’m happy they all seem pretty likely (well maybe except Lycanroc to most of you).

Those are the three I also expect to show up in this direct.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
What you guy's reaction be if for no reason whatsoever, Sakurai put all four members of Team RWBY into Smash? Just out of curiosity. And Boredom.
EDIT: Added a picture.

EDIT #2: *sigh* Nevermind. Damn pictures.

Bye bye Smash integrity

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am thinking that if we do get any Smash information, it will probably be just one or two trailer(s) showcasing newcomer(s) and that's it. No Assist Trophies, no items, no stages. That kind of information is likely reserved for Smash Directs.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Eh, depends on the Pokemon. Lycanroc, Zeroara and Buzzwole would be hype as ****.
If you like Pokemon.

I'd be happy for the fans, but I've never played any Pokemon games, so it wouldn't be hypeworthy for me at all.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Throwing a fit over a character you don't like isn't healthy for you and it certainly isn't healthy for the community as a whole. So whatever happens, even if it's Goku or Shrek or whoever else,
Okay, I was with you up until Shrek.

In a hypothetical world where Shrek actually gets into Smash Bros, I will legitimately flip out in a very negative way until I get banned.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Instead of the usual what character you want question.

Who do you want to be in the next trailer? Personally, i wanna see Rosalina again in one

D

Deleted member

Two hours are left. I feel as if this is appropriate music. Because at this point, we already have dreams become reality. But there's one more dream left. Nay, dare I say "wish". We already got Ridley. We got King K. Rool. I wasn't gonna be banking on the reveal to be THIS early, but **** it.

Let's make some wishes come true. Come on, Sakurai. Do it and reveal Geno. Complete the trinity.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, describe your reaction if for some reason there's no Smash newcomer announced in the direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom