• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright so what are everyone's final offical predictions? Give or take, Mine are

Prediction:
-Felix(E)
-Isaac
-Skull Kid

Hoping:
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Shadow
-Medusa(E)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
at this point I honestly don't care who gets added. I love this roster already and nobody is gonna ruin it for me
I got Daisy on day one and Midna was deconfirmed as an AT immediately.

This has been the most stress-free Smash hype I've had.

D

Deleted member

Alright so what are everyone's final offical predictions? Give or take, Mine are

Prediction:
-Felix(E)
-Isaac
-Skull Kid

Hoping:
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Shadow
-Medusa(E)
I'm pretty much 100% on Incineroar right now. If there's gonna be a new Pokemon, I just feel like now's the time to show it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My final prediction? Only one newcomer is shown at the end, no Echoes.

It’s either:
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Skull Kid
Incinaroar

My hopes:
Banjo
Shadow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah chief I meant the cut version that is uploaded once the livestream one ends. It’ll be a video that’s the exact length of the direct without the waiting in the beginning.
Whoops. I'll try to see if I can find it later. Might be hard, cause I'm visiting my Grandparents house in a few hours. But I'll see what I can do.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
My prediction is that we'll get at least one new character. If we get more than one, then one of them will be shown at the end, and immediately after we get to see the new character(s) fill in the banner.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Anyone wanna be a super cool guy/gal and DM me a link to the cut, non-livestream version of the Direct when it goes up at like 6:40 EST?

I can’t watch until 8:00, and I want a direct link to the direct so I can get to it without being spoiled.
What happens if you bookmarked the YT Direct link?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Whoever the newcomer is, I just want to remind you all to keep an open mind. I'm not Greninja's biggest fan myself - the frog looks weird and its tongue scarf is gross - but I won't lie, they did a really good job at incorporating him into Smash Brothers.

I know there's a lot of people out there who really dislike Incineroar's design for whatever reason. That's fine. But if it is him, try to see what people like about him and try to be respectful about it. The same goes for Isaac - if you go in thinking he'll just be another "anime swordsman" that's what you're going to see.

Throwing a fit over a character you don't like isn't healthy for you and it certainly isn't healthy for the community as a whole. So whatever happens, even if it's Goku or Shrek or whoever else, remember that the game has over 70 other characters to play as and counting and not every one of them is going to realistically appeal to you. But they all have their own fans, so let them have it.

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Anyone wanna be a super cool guy/gal and DM me a link to the cut, non-livestream version of the Direct when it goes up at like 6:40 EST?

I can’t watch until 8:00, and I want a direct link to the direct so I can get to it without being spoiled.
Sure, will leave a tab open with your inbox and will send it to you. The US version?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I don't think "anime" in Smash is criticized because of it's aesthetic (and indeed, is way too broad of a term to be a valid critique).
I think it's more just that a good chunk of new newcomers over the last couple of games have been of the "serious human with stab-y weapon" variety, which, while totally fine on it's own (and a fun archetype that many enjoy) does pale in comparison a little in the "fun" department to some of the more cartoon-y characters that were added in the first few games.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I just wanna watch the direct so I have something pleasing to see after watching the dumpster fire that was predator today. I’ve also bet my friend that if a character gets in I guessed he buys me sushi, so I’m looking forward to seeing if I get free lunch tomorrow:)

Hoping for skull kid or bandana dee the most. And chorus kids but I’m tryna be realistic

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So far there hasn't been a newcomer I really disliked in any smash game.

I doubt that will change.

What i'm trying to say is i'm either way going to be happy with who we get.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Prediction:
-Felix(E)
-Isaac
-Skull Kid

Hoping:
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Shadow
-Medusa(E)
Prediction:
-Tapu Koko, and that's all.

Hoping:
-Skull Kid
-Black Knight (ε)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So far there hasn't been a newcomer I really disliked in any smash game.

I doubt that will change.

What i'm trying to say is i'm either way going to be happy with who we get.
That is the right attitude to have.
You are not just a man, you are the man.
Prediction:
-Tapu Koko, and that's all.

Hoping:
-Skull Kid
-Black Knight (ε)
My predictions are Geno and Shadow.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think "anime" in Smash is criticized because of it's aesthetic (and indeed, is way too broad of a term to be a valid critique).
I think it's more just that a good chunk of new newcomers over the last couple of games have been of the "serious human with stab-y weapon" variety, which, while totally fine on it's own (and a fun archetype that many enjoy) does pale in comparison a little in the "fun" department to some of the more cartoon-y characters that were added in the first few games.
Honestly I actually tend to enjoy those types of characters. "Cool guy doing cool things" is what I'm invested in more than anything else.

Also helps that their gameplay is pretty simple and most human-types don't rely on some sort of gimmick.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's not entirely wrong, although it's not really the game's "theme" as many describe it. Lots of people complained we didn't get more villains in Smash 4, so now they're including a lot of them are they've become popular characters, it's not unlike Smash 4 getting a lot of female characters after people complained Brawl were severely lacking in that department.

It's just a response to fan demand, not an actual theme imo.
And now people are complaining about lack of LGBT characters in Ultimate which means Birdo, Team Rocket, and Tingle for Smash 6!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nah chief I meant the cut version that is uploaded once the livestream one ends. It’ll be a video that’s the exact length of the direct without the waiting in the beginning.
US or UK version?

D

Deleted member

To help pass the time, from each of the companies that have third party characters in Smash already, who would you like to see from them?
For me,
Sega: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Namco: Dark Souls character (Dark Souls)
Square Einx: 2B (Nier Automata)
Konami: Bill Rizir (Contra)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I think we'll see only one newcomer reveal, with maybe a clone if they can tie the clone into the trailer well.

As for who, I'm not too sure. I'll say Skull Kid for now.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know, you know, we all know it's Geno!
Maybe I'm clouded by my biased opinions, but I really don't think Geno is the newcomer. We got a Mario remix the same week the Direct was supposed to air, which makes me think we probably aren't getting Geno, Paper Mario, or any other Mario character in this Direct.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
To help pass the time, from each of the companies that have third party characters in Smash already, who would you like to see from them?
For me,
Sega: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Namco: Dark Souls character (Dark Souls)
Square Einx: 2B (Nier Automata)
Konami: Bill Rizir (Contra)
SEGA: Football Manager (really)
Capcom: Frank West from Dead Rising
Namco: Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls
Square Enix: Chrono from Chrono Trigger or Adam Jensen from Deus Ex
Konami: Bill Rizer from Contra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom