• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
One thing I love about Smashboards is I don't care at all for Dovahkiin...but if he were announced (probably as DLC honestly) I would be happier than if I wasn't on Smashboards, because I'd know a user who would have just had their day made :)

This goes for a lot of characters btw, and was like x100 for King K. Rool. Didn't care for him but his reveal was hype because of how much I knew it meant to the smash community.
Yeah that is actually a blessing knowing people from this community can provide. It allows you to find joy in things when they otherwise would have been a bit uninteresting. For example, while Chrom is okay, my main reaction was "Oh snap, that's awesome for Opossum!" And if we got Isaac, a character from a series I played for maybe a few minutes of, would have normally given me nothing, but then I can think "Wow I bet N3ON is really happy, that's really cool!" The list could go on for all the characters that you have no attachment towards because there are those here that over years you've grown to care for more than you'd realize or what you would really expect to make sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

what the ****. WHAT THE ****! NO SERIOUSLY WHAT THE ABSOLUTE **** I'M NOT EVEN MAD JUST WHY. Also would be a day 1 Yang main to bully BBTAG players who are sick of her theme
And this is your 40,000th post.
What you guy's reaction be if for no reason whatsoever, Sakurai put all four members of Team RWBY into Smash? Just out of curiosity.
EDIT: Added a picture.
I have a more likely chance of winning the lottery ten times in a row than that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
What if they confirmed Psyduck as the Pokemon newcomer?

No Meowth, Decidueye, Incinaroar or whatever.
Just straight up Psyduck.

Being prominent in the anime as Misty’s comic relief pokemon, and recognizable among Nintendo/Pokemon fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would feel like I CAN'T ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE.
I BURN
CaNt HoLd mE DoWn!!
AnD YoU'rE NeVeR GoNnA BrInG Me DoWn!
Dear God, please let the direct start already.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What if they sconfirmed Psyduck as the Pokemon newcomer?

No Meowth, No Decidueye, No Incinaroar. Just straight up Psyduck.

Being prominent in the anime as Misty’s Pokemon, comic relief, and recognizable among Nintendo/Pokemon fans.
Wasn't he really overpowered but was too stupid to properly use his powers

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
What if they sconfirmed Psyduck as the Pokemon newcomer?

No Meowth, No Decidueye, No Incinaroar. Just straight up Psyduck.

Being prominent in the anime as Misty’s Pokemon, comic relief, and recognizable among Nintendo/Pokemon fans.
I'd be happy. Jigglypuff is definitely the closest we've got to an oddball Pokemon pick, and with so much of them to choose from, it's a shame that all we ever get are promotional picks.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are we expecting Sakurai to make an appearance? or will it be Reggie? :D
I'm doubtful we'll see Sakurai, he'll probably make a short appearance if they want to describe how Online works in Ultimate as that's one of the main selling points of this whole Online service they'll be trying to convince us is worth the money, but I can't see him appearing for any other reason. I expect the newcomer trailer to just drop at the end.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
L's clearly talking about the original, not Other M. Other M's issue is that you get people who make great hack and slash games and give them a character who does nothing but shoot. Then you force them to only have a single attack button
I know he’s talking about the original. Still sounds totally lame if it was really like that. :p

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
A shame time couldn't move just a smidge faster to make this wait go by a bit smoother lol. I was never expecting too many new characters after Sakurai's initial statement, so 5 in that least direct blew my mind. This is not really a smash-focused one, so if there's any information at all, I don't think it'll be beyond 1 unique and echo introduced.

I'm thinking it'll probably go in hand with another reveal within the direct. Like the reveal of a new port of something or just a new game entirely with the end of it showing off that the protagonist (or villain) will also be in Smash. Like, maybe, a port of Golden Sun with the follow-up that Issac will also appear in Smash; or showing a combo port of Majora's Mask & Wind Waker coming to Switch with the end of the announcement saying that Skull Kid and/or Tetra will be joining Smash. Something like that anyway. I'd love for the Pokemon rep to be announced so my fears can be eased as to whether there even will be one.

At least it's not as bad as how many people misspell 'Freeza' as "Frieza"
Or how many people mispell Aerith as "Aeris".

That's translations for ya.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t expect Sakurai, just a reveal plain and simple.

He only shows up if there’s a large Smash segment or it’s exclusively Smash only.

D

Deleted member

What you guy's reaction be if for no reason whatsoever, Sakurai put all four members of Team RWBY into Smash? Just out of curiosity.
EDIT: Added a picture.

EDIT #2: *sigh* Nevermind. Damn pictures.
I'd be disappointed Sakurai violated the last remaining rule that seemed pretty solid still; that of only video game characters being included, but at the same time, I'd be pretty psyched to play as any of them really. Probably Ruby the most, because who doesn't want to wield a giant sycthe?

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice

Being prominent in the anime as Misty’s comic relief pokemon, and recognizable among Nintendo/Pokemon fans.
It's my top pick for a pokemon rep, so I would be tremendously happy and main him on day one.

I already mentioned some things before
If he gets hit, he builds a meter until he can do a seriously strong psychic attack. His final Smash os metronome, his tail waggling causing an explosion. Then walking away towards the screen oblivious to what hes doing but still very cool.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

I'd prefer it over any Gen VII Pokémon at this point tbh

D

Deleted member

I find it interesting that some people in the Smash fandom seem to act repulsed at the idea of things that are "anime" when by most people's definition of what anime is, almost 90% of Smash's content would already be anime.

It's interesting to think about.

D

Deleted member

In the direct, it just ended, Virgil was confirmed as well, alongside Steve and New Villager. Meanwhile Geno is a stage. I don't mean Forrest maze I mean you fight on Geno's face
...Dammint. For a minute I though you were serious. I have feeling I'm about to get meme'd on.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Okay fake image leak patrol, tear this one apart!

I know everyone already discredited but I wanted to point out one thing. I noticed the position and was like hm isn't that where the Mii fighters are? And that would be a good place to put a newcomer because right now Gunner is split from them, so either move them to Gunner or Gunner to them.

Then I realized....there was a smudge I noticed earlier to Skull Kids right, it's literally the sword and foot from the Mii Sword fighter and brawler respectively. This is one of the sloppiest photo "leaks" we ever got lmao

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's weird to not care that much about newcomers anymore.
I feel as I already had my special portion of joy with K.Rool inclusion, now only Dixie would be THAT great, but even her is kinda expected... so I'm not that hyped. I'd enjoy if someone less predicted be announced, as Lara Croft.

I'd also enjoy if the Gothitelle/Gardevoir leak turn out to be true just because I had so much fun watching the hate behind the idea of Gothitelle. Least liked leak I ever saw.I don't want Dovahkiin because he is the "avatar" type of character. Skyrim has a lot to offer, but the main character is as bland as possible. Skyrim gameplay it's a bit boring and slow, so I think the character would be the same way.I just want a reasonable leaderboard/online. Don't even care about a single-player mode that much, give me great online and it's perfect.

(I started to think that there will be Smash on this direct today. Yesterday I was kinda "I don't think we will receive something new about Smash at all")

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find it interesting that some people in the Smash fandom seem to act repulsed at the idea of things that are "anime" when by most people's definition of what anime is, almost 90% of Smash's content would already be anime.

Everyone in the Smash fandom acts repulsed at anything for petty reasons though

Xgears

Smash Apprentice

anime style video game characters are not the same as characters from an anime.

cothero

Smash Lord
I don't know if some of you guys have been thinking about this, but i don't think we'll be getting a newcomer from an original franchise until DLC. Why? Stages. Sakurai already stated that the total number of stages is 103, so that means that a newcomer like Isaac or a third party character would receive his own stage, like everyone else (excluding R.O.B.). It's more likely that we'll get characters from franchises already in the game, like Skull Kid, Isabelle, Ken, etc. DLC, however, brings a lot of new possibilities.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894

I love when people say "no more anime swordsmen" when what they really mean is "no more fire emblem"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's just trolls who are saying that. Most people know the difference between 'anime characters' and 'game characters'.

D

Deleted member

anime style video game characters are not the same as characters from an anime.
What makes them different, though? There's anime that adapts games, manga that adapts games, games that adapt anime and manga, and so forth.

What truly makes them different, and why is them being "anime" bad? It's just interesting to me when most of the characters on the roster seem to already be what some people claim to hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom