• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
This isn't negative at all so don't go around hating on said character but.

Who would be the least hype character they could announce at this direct?
Incineroar or anything from FE.

NEVER

Brash belongs in Smash, damn it. He is more deserving than most of the Smash roster.
This made me laugh way harder than it should have. You sir, are an inspiration.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You seem to have forgotten about DLC.

Considering Cloud was completely out of left field, get ready for every person's favorite thing, regardless of how unlikely, to be speculated in some way after the game releases.
That's true, I just meant more leaker-related speculation and such.

forgive me if Smash 4's DLC was actually leaked by someone

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Well, it would definitely be weird, but at least he's playable you know? Besides Sakurai would make him as accurate as possible.
Also your complains are Zero's boobs being smaller and Samus having the same suit. I can understand you feeling disappointed that Samus wasn't updated to her Returns suit, but Zero's breasts? Come on.. Or is just her body size or definitions? I mean she still looks fine as hell. And either way both are stuff that you can get over with.
Yeah it’s not that it makes her less attractive as such, it just to me feels like a sudden and jarring design change that wasn’t necessary or reflective of current canon. To me she just doesn’t look like herself as I know her, especially from a distance and it bothers me. If it doesn’t/wouldn’t bother you if something like that happened to a character you really like then good, I honestly envy you for that. :(

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I won’t buy the chair theory until Sakurai comes out and says “lol didja notice the chairs?”

But if he’s doing a Skull Kid announcement in a room with a classic viking helmet on his desk...

Seriously, anything that gets me closer to seeing DovahKirby squeak out a “FUS RO DAH” would be amazing.

...please Dovahkiin... please :sadeyes:
One thing I love about Smashboards is I don't care at all for Dovahkiin...but if he were announced (probably as DLC honestly) I would be happier than if I wasn't on Smashboards, because I'd know a user who would have just had their day made :)

This goes for a lot of characters btw, and was like x100 for King K. Rool. Didn't care for him but his reveal was hype because of how much I knew it meant to the smash community.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Pretty much any Pokemon. Mostly because that's bar none the most no-brainer series to get a new rep.

I could honestly care less, but that's just me, obviously TONS of people would be happy with a new Pokemon and I don't intend on being a stick in the mud about it.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I know Ryu was leaked pretty hard, but I honestly don't remember if any of the others were legitimately leaked before they were announced.

Didn't stop people from speculating and claiming to have insider information, though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Some bozo put Lucas, Roy, and Ryu’s names in the files of the Mewtwo update, which came out right after Lucas was announced, but three months before the other two were.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually I liked that she actually got physical with enemies. Maybe it’s because Smash was my first exposure to the character, but I always found it totally baffling that the 6.3 amazon in a hulking powered battle suit never even so much backhanded a Hornoad until then.
The idea on that was good but the execution sucked. Therefore, I do not count it as one of the few good things

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Actually I liked that she actually got physical with enemies. Maybe it’s because Smash was my first exposure to the character, but I always found it totally baffling that the 6.3 amazon in a hulking powered battle suit never even so much backhanded a Hornoad until then.
Because Metroid was designed for the player to avoid combat. Samus starts with 30 HP, dies in a few hits, and her only method of attacking is a short ranged beam that misses grounded enemies. When the enemies get tougher you are supposed to use the Ice Beam to get past rooms avoiding combat entirely. The only things you kill are bosses and grinding fodder. Even after her upgraded combat in later games it was still on your best interest to avoid combat and go through the rooms.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Yeah it’s not that it makes her less attractive as such, it just to me feels like a sudden and jarring design change that wasn’t necessary or reflective of current canon. To me she just doesn’t look like herself as I know her, especially from a distance and it bothers me. If it doesn’t/wouldn’t bother you if something like that happened to a character you really like then good, I honestly envy you for that. :(
Well yeah. I have a friend who is annoyed by the fact that DK and Bowser's voices aren't represented by their usual actors of their games (Bowser's classic and distinguishable roars and DK's manly groans), but what are you gonna do? It's better to accept it and go with it unless you want to play the game in a not-too-enjoyable fashion or to not even buy the game at all.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Because Metroid was designed for the player to avoid combat. Samus starts with 30 HP, dies in a few hits, and her only method of attacking is a short ranged beam that misses grounded enemies. When the enemies get tougher you are supposed to use the Ice Beam to get past rooms avoiding combat entirely. The only things you kill are bosses and grinding fodder. Even after her upgraded combat in later games it was still on your best interest to avoid combat and go through the rooms.
No offence but that sounds totally lame. The Samus I know is a busty babe in a badass suit of armour that crushes metroids, sees them driven before her, and hears the lamentations of their Queen! :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Really? Aside from missiles, you have infinite ammo. I killed absolutely everything. Even when I didn't need to.

I didn't like Other M like most of the other people here, but I wouldn't say the Team Ninja style combat was one of the bad parts. It's certainly fitting for a character with genetically altered super DNA and a kickass power suit.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One thing I love about Smashboards is I don't care at all for Dovahkiin...but if he were announced (probably as DLC honestly) I would be happier than if I wasn't on Smashboards, because I'd know a user who would have just had their day made :)

This goes for a lot of characters btw, and was like x100 for King K. Rool. Didn't care for him but his reveal was hype because of how much I knew it meant to the smash community.
I've been on the lookout to see if Yoshi can tether to the ledge just because I want to see how Zinith Zinith would react lol. It's nice how the community gives you so many small little things to look out for.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I've been on the lookout to see if Yoshi can tether to the ledge just because I want to see how Zinith Zinith would react lol. It's nice how the community gives you so many small little things to look out for.
To be really honest I hope they actually did that. It makes a lot of sense and with all the QoL changes they've been doing I could see that happening. It would definitely help him recover from some instances considering his poor recovery moves (or the lack of them), besides big jumping.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Topic: Pretend that Sakurai wants to focus on adding iconic Western third-parties in Smash Ultimate DLC. He can only choose 10 of them. Who do you include?
Mortal Kombat
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero (Echo)

Nindies
  1. Shovel Knight
  2. Shantae

Rare Classics
  1. Banjo-Kazooie
  2. Battletoads (select between Rash, Zitz, and Pimple like you do with Bowser Jr. and Koopalings)

PSOne Classics
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Lara Croft

D

Deleted member

>When people say that Gothellite would be the best Pokémon for smash

Either way, I think we can expect Smash. This direct is so hype bringing.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice

That's easy

-Waddle dee
-Inceniroar
-Rhythm Heaven character
-Rayman (like his games but he's boing)
-Chibi Robo
-anything from Minecraft
-Paper Mario

There's more that I can't remember.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
It isn't the Ultimate smash game until we get everything back
TharjaLeak.png

Yeah where is it Sakurai i'm waiting

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the topic of Metroid, from my understanding the reason Samus tends to start out so weak in those games is so that it contrasts how powerful she is by the end. Enemies that used to take a few moments to kill take less then a second. And if you actively seek out optional missile and energy power ups, she becomes even more powerful and can blast her way through enemies with even more ease.

She's an action hero through and through, even if she traditionally prefers ranged combat over close quarters.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mortal Kombat
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero (Echo)

Nindies
  1. Shovel Knight
  2. Shantae

Rare Classics
  1. Banjo-Kazooie
  2. Battletoads (select between Rash, Zitz, and Pimple like you do with Bowser Jr. and Koopalings)

PSOne Classics
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Lara Croft
I love all of those, but I've always thought of Lara Croft as a Sega Saturn classic. It's where I first played Tomb Raider.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Really? Aside from missiles, you have infinite ammo. I killed absolutely everything. Even when I didn't need to.

I didn't like Other M like most of the other people here, but I wouldn't say the Team Ninja style combat was one of the bad parts. It's certainly fitting for a character with genetically altered super DNA and a kickass power suit.
No offence but that sounds totally lame. The Samus I know is a busty babe in a badass suit of armour that crushes metroids, sees them driven before her, and hears the lamentations of their Queen! :p
L's clearly talking about the original, not Other M. Other M's issue is that you get people who make great hack and slash games and give them a character who does nothing but shoot. Then you force them to only have a single attack button

D

Deleted member

What you guy's reaction be if for no reason whatsoever, Sakurai put all four members of Team RWBY into Smash? Just out of curiosity. And Boredom.
EDIT: Added a picture.

EDIT #2: *sigh* Nevermind. Damn pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom