• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
I’ll leave this here as a final comment instead of beating the living horse until it decides to die
“The Mario universe is so expansive, in fact, that Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Warioare considered stars of their own sub-universes: Yoshi from the Yoshiuniverse, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong universe, and Wario from the Wario universe.”
It’s better to respect one another’s opinion on how the Mario series is to be treated than to make some sort of infinity civil war out of it

Series, not character (unless I’m reading your comment wrong cause “DK is not Mario” is a weird sentence to have)
Lol, late reply. I was being lazy as hell with that comment. I meant that Donkey Kong should be considered its own series that completely separate from the Mario series and not just a sub-series like Yoshi and Wario.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
What makes them different, though? There's anime that adapts games, manga that adapts games, games that adapt anime and manga, and so forth.

What truly makes them different, and why is them being "anime" bad? It's just interesting to me when most of the characters on the roster seem to already be what some people claim to hate.
What people don't like about them is how generic they are. I love fire emblem (from what I've played) but I have to admit their designs are boring compared to bright colourful characters like mario, with cartoon proportions

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll be taking my dog for a walk in a half hour to kill the time. Anyone gonna kill time too or just gonna wait here?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Is the Direct late, or not showing up on youtube for some reason? Or did I get the time wrong?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's just trolls who are saying that. Most people know the difference between 'anime characters' and 'game characters'.
This. I just think there are some people who are saying that to stir up BS. I kid you not, on GameFaqs people were making a daily series called "Would you replace Corrin for X Character?". I don't like Corrin, but I know damn well that I'm well above doing something as stupid as that. But then again it is GameFaqs, so it's not like I had any expectations.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
L's clearly talking about the original, not Other M.
So was I. I've never taken the Resident Evil approach to Metroid games. There's no limit to ammo so why would I risking running through them when I can kill them instead?

Plus, killing an enemy usually rewards you with more health and missiles to keep killing more enemies. The series seems designed to encourage you to keep on killing ****.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
"Anime" is just short for "animation". In Japan, it refers to all kinds of animation. Even stop motion counts as anime. There's really no such thing as "anime style" or "anime design". Those are just gross generalizations.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
"Anime" is just short for "animation". In Japan, it refers to all kinds of animation. Even stop motion counts as anime. There's really no such thing as "anime style" or "anime design". Those are just gross generalizations.
Technically yeah, but you can't say you don't know what someone means when they say that

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
On my WiiU its saying 6 hours left going live at 10pm

the thumbnail still says 3pm PT and 6pm ET though... hopefully the 6 hours 10pm is just a glitch... anyone know?

checked the date and time settings on my WiiU and they are correct.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We are now less than 3 hours away

Brb playing some Pokemon to kill the time
Speaking of... I just got Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Crystal from 3DS eShop 2 days ago.

I really like Yellow a lot. It is so refreshing to not compulsively reset the game again and again for the ideal gender and/or nature because they didn't exist. Oh, and I finally battled Team Rocket for the first time ever! I am currently at Cerulean City and I am almost finished grinding Magikarp's level (one or two more levels and Gyarados is mine). Grinding at Mt. Moon while exploring really helped a lot that training Magikarp didn't feel like a chore!

I plan to play Crystal after I finish Yellow.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
On my WiiU its saying 6 hours left going live at 10pm

the thumbnail still says 3pm PT and 6pm ET though... hopefully the 6 hours 10pm is just a glitch... anyone know?

checked the date and time settings on my WiiU and they are correct.
You got your time zones right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember when it goes live, what could go live is the countdown with the meat of the stream coming at the allotted time

D

Deleted member

What people don't like about them is how generic they are. I love fire emblem (from what I've played) but I have to admit their designs are boring compared to bright colourful characters like mario, with cartoon proportions
I can understand that. However, I do feel like that's a bit subjective, as I've seen people say Mario is generic looking. I don't agree with that at all, but again, different people have different opinions.

I personally am alright with anyone joining Smash as long as they're fun to play. However, I know there are many differing opinions about this and everyone has their preferences, which is cool. I just hope by the time the game releases people will be happy and have fun with the game; I know I will. :)

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I can understand that. However, I do feel like that's a bit subjective, as I've seen people say Mario is generic looking. I don't agree with that at all, but again, different people have different opinions.

I personally am alright with anyone joining Smash as long as they're fun to play. However, I know there are many differing opinions about this and everyone has their preferences, which is cool. I just hope by the time the game releases people will be happy and have fun with the game; I know I will. :)
Yeah it's definitely subjective, I like all the characters. I feel the same as you, as long as it's fun, who cares?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anyone wanna be a super cool guy/gal and DM me a link to the cut, non-livestream version of the Direct when it goes up at like 6:40 EST?

I can’t watch until 8:00, and I want a direct link to the direct so I can get to it without being spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom