• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Here's a new silly idea of a character thread:

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers, like the following:

Felix
Isaac
Neku Sakuraba
Agnès Oblige
Lin Lee Koo

Sylux
Malos
Amaterasu
Shantae
Henry Cooldown

Geno
Anthony Higgs
Mike Jones
Elma
Rex
Bandana Dee
Lloyd Irving
Amaterasu
Zinnia
Elma
Felix
Alm
Neku Sakuraba

Shroob

Sup?
Do we know that for sure?
Well Lucina and Dark Pit exist.

Richter was said to mostly have aesthetic differences above all else, and Chrom 'looks' pretty similar to Roy's weight and movement speed from the gameplay they put out. The only one I'm not 100% sure in is Daisy for obvious reasons, and Dark Samus due to them 'looking' floaty due to their animations.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Never before seen in Smash Bros, Bandanna Dee!
Originally from Super Mario rpg, it's Geno!
Isaac, from the Golden sun series!
Pokemon from the Alola region, specifically Incineroar!
Oh my gosh! It's Banjo and Kazooie!
It's everyone's favorite secretary, Isabelle!

Alright, I got a little creative. Sue me.
I'm filling out the lawsuit form right now.

See you in court.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Do we know that for sure?

Also I'm laughing at anyone who thought we'd have another Smash anouncement this soon. It was 57 days after E3 we got the next Direct.
It's not about a 'Smash' announcement, it's a Nintendo announcement.

Nintendo expects people to pay 20$ a year for their online service without telling us all the perks of it?

Sure, they could 'not' have a Direct based around it, but a Direct would reach the most people and news outlets.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well Lucina and Dark Pit exist.

Richter was said to mostly have aesthetic differences above all else, and Chrom 'looks' pretty similar to Roy's weight and movement speed from the gameplay they put out. The only one I'm not 100% sure in is Daisy for obvious reasons, and Dark Samus due to them 'looking' floaty due to their animations.
I suppose that's true. But every time I see a new echo announced, my idea of what an echo is always changes. I used to think you needed all the same attack animations but Chrom proved that isn't the case. If we ever see an echo fighter that is faster or slower... Man. I'd just wish Sakurai would tell us what qualifies as one.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Speed.

Dr.Mario was always supposed to be a slower, stronger Mario, but Melee was janky in that regards.

Echoes have the same physics as their base, so a change in speed = not an echo.
Has it yet been determined if Dark Samus being floatier than regular Samus, as claimed by the Blog, refers to physics or just to animations?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Zinith Zinith should join in the username newcomer game. I'm really curious what it'll be with no "B" available to work with.
Zobviously
Its
Neveryone's
Ifavorite
Tcharacter
HBoshi!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Here's mine - I actually want all of those characters in the game in some way so I think I did really well!

Rex and Pyra
Andross
Dillon
Isaac
Crash Bandicoot
Andy
Leon Kennedy

B
anjo-Kazooie
Octoling
N (Pokemon BW)
Earthworm Jim
Shadow

osby

Smash Obsessed
Octoling
Sora
Bandana Dee
Yarn Yoshi

Not bad. Y and O didn't give a lot of choise.

Shroob

Sup?
Has it yet been determined if Dark Samus being floatier than regular Samus, as claimed by the Blog, refers to physics or just to animations?
It's a bit hard to tell.

Due to the idle animation, it 'looks' floaty, but in the gameplay they released, it looked VERY similar to regular Samus.

Methinks the floaty idle stance tricks the brain into thinking that D.Samus is a floaty character.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's not about a 'Smash' announcement, it's a Nintendo announcement.

Nintendo expects people to pay 20$ a year for their online service without telling us all the perks of it?

Sure, they could 'not' have a Direct based around it, but a Direct would reach the most people and news outlets.
I know a Direct dedicated to Nintendo's online service is likely to be soon. I was just skeptical that Smash news would be attached to it, like everyone thinks.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I know a Direct dedicated to Nintendo's online service is likely to be soon. I was just skeptical that Smash news would be attached to it.
Smash is a selling point for the online though. It would make sense to have some news. Maybe not a character, but details on the online modes.

Shroob

Sup?
I know a Direct dedicated to Nintendo's online service is likely to be soon. I was just skeptical that Smash news would be attached to it, like everyone thinks.
Well, I mean, Smash news was basically attached to every general Direct in 4's day.

That, and, they'll probably spend time talking about how the online will 'enhance' certain titles like Let's Go and ****.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Here's a new silly idea of a character thread:

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers, like the following:

Felix
Isaac
Neku Sakuraba
Agnès Oblige
Lin Lee Koo

Sylux
Malos
Amaterasu
Shantae
Henry Cooldown

Geno
Anthony Higgs
Mike Jones
Elma
Rex
Dixie Kong
Elma
Vivian (as part of Paper Mario)
Agnès Oblige
Amaterasu
Sora
Hilda
Eirika
Raichu
Alola Trainer

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Time to play the game for real.

Heihachi (just stuck for an H character)
Isaac
Neku (my gf got me into twewy without me even playing it)
Ashley
Tora and Poppi (again, just stuck for a character with this letter, but any XBC2 rep is fine by me)
Alucard

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well, I mean, Smash news was basically attached to every general Direct in 4's day.

That, and, they'll probably spend time talking about how the online will 'enhance' certain titles like Let's Go and ****.
Possibly. But I feel like they want to stretch the reveals and info regarding Smash as much as possible. I don't think there is much more to reveal other than that mysterious mode and new characters/stages. And I see those things being shown off in one last Smash Direct before the game's release.

If they are going to talk about Smash I can imagine it's only going to be about the online.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Really though.

The fact that we're 'this' close to the 'second half of September' and have basically 0 news on the Switch's online functions is a real facepalm-er.

I'd be willing to throw 20 bucks a year at it, but as a consumer, it's technically within my rights to know 'what' this online function is going to do, so you'd think the sooner that they could sell us on it, the better.

If they save the Direct(If there is one) until next week or, god forbid the week after(Putting us square into 'the second half of September'), they'll have really dragged their heels on this one.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Zero
Incineroar
Pyra and Rex
Proto Man
Octoling

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Neku (my gf got me into twewy without me even playing it)
Please say since getting into TWEWY you've played it. If not, what are you doing here instead of playing TWEWY? Are you waiting for remake? It's good enough to play through once on DS and once on Switch.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I doubt Nintendo, a Japanese company, would really care about an American tragedy that happened nearly two decades ago.

Like, for us it was terrible, but for them it didn't really do anything. It'd be somewhat unfortunate, but nothing more than that.
I know this was mentioned more than 20 pages ago.

But, funnily enough September 11th 2001 was a Tuesday.

There's a joke here, in the marble.
---
So, since I just skipped 20 pages, Did the reveal of "Fortress Boss (Super Mario Bros. 3)" cause an uproar like one would expect?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Please say since getting into TWEWY you've played it. If not, what are you doing here instead of playing TWEWY? Are you waiting for remake? It's good enough to play through once on DS and once on Switch.
Haven't had the chance yet, sadly.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Layton. Professor Layton
Eggman, that’s what I am!
Tibby. Hey, It’s not Karate Joe or Chorus Kids, but it’ll do.
Tael and Tatl alongside Skull Kid!
Eighteen-Volt
Rowlet’s weaker than starter Litten’s final evolution, Incineroar!

Last edited:
This is going to be a pain... but ok:

Boshi
Leon Kennedy
Agnès
Decidueye
Elma

Octoling
Fulgore

Eggman
V... ... iewtiful Joe ! (that one was hard)
Impa
Lycanroc
'
Skull Kid

Big Boss
Aghanim
Nightmare
Earthworm Jim

Phew...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yup. Lots of "music theory" debate
It's amazing what passes as a theory these days. People in this community are ****in' crazy sometimes.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Duke Nukem
Ursula (rayman legends)
Kazooi and Banjo
E
arthworm Jim
Ogre (Tekken 3)
Frog (chrono trigger)
Dante
Eggman
Aegislash
Travis Touchdown
Happy Mask Salesman (or Heihachi)
5 Ryu Echos (Ken, Akuma, Dan, Shaun, Evil Ryu)

Pretty proud with mine. F was hard just because there were so many to pick from (Frank West, Felicia) but I decided to go with something a bit more fitting

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What would your reaction if we got a horror character in Smash?

Enchess

Smash Lord
I have a B in my real name and I'm choosing Banjo-Kazooie.

And spoilers, but Sakurai is picking characters based off my name so :psycho:
Careful, we might discern your secret identity Idrsrcdkb (what is your name that has so many consonants and so few vowels?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom