• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Everyone see this? This is the right attitude to have about getting a character you're rooting for as an echo instead of unique. You really are a champion of paper I guess
Haha, my username comes from a song by a defunct band called Oceansize. Just a fun fact.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm sure Wolf took less effort than these.
That's the fun, Osby!

I listed more than one Side and Down B for Geno because I wasn't sure which of the Mario Brothers he should echo (I suggest Dr. Mario).

Geno being a Dr. Mario echo would explain why the Doc isn't a Mario echo.

Last edited:
But I wonder if fans will be ok with him as an echo seeing some don't want dixie to be an echo of diddy.
Dixie would be a weird Diddy Kong echo. It would be more suited (moveset wise) if she would happen to be a Chrom-esque clone. 95% Diddy with DK's grabs and Up-B would do the trick imo.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Swatting two games at once:

Monster Hunter
Agumon
Skull Kid
Tetra
Elma
Rayman
Octoling
Funky Kong
Kumatora
Ninten
Excite Biker
Eevee
Spyro

Spent way too much time thinking about characters that could go under E.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Geno
Neutral B: Samus' Charge Shot​
Side B: Cape [Mario/Dr. Mario Echo]; Geno Missile [Luigi Echo]​
Up B: R.O.B.'s Robo Burner (:p)​
Down B: F.L.U.D.D [Mario Echo], Tornado [Dr. Mario/Luigi Echo]​
Bandana Dee (Kirby Echo)
All punch attacks have a Spear added, it increases BWD's range but also has a sweetspot.​
Neutral B: Marth's Shield Breaker​
Side B: Hammer​
Up B: Peach's Parasol​
Down B: Counter​
It can be done, with a little finagling.
I can see this for BD:

All non-specials same as Kirby
Wag arms instead of puff up for multi-jumps
Neutral-B replaced with shield breaker
Side/up specials functionally the same but with spear in place of hammer/cutter
Down-B is basically the same functionally (visually it's him quick falling with spear pointing down), but without the delay afterwards for transforming back

Seems like less work, but seems to me like it would adequately represent BD still

Shroob

Sup?
23 and a half hours until we can either bury the 6th leak, or we have direct confirmation.

I wonder if we don't get any direct news if all those 'insiders' on twitter will have egg on their face.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's the fun, Osby!

I listed more than one Side and Down B for Geno because I wasn't sure which of the Mario Brothers he should echo (I suggest Dr. Mario).

Geno being a Dr. Mario echo would explain why the Doc isn't a Mario echo.
Then I'll try, too:

Persona 3 Hero=
Normals, from Marth
Up B, from Robin but with fire (Agi)
Side B, from Shulk (Bash)
Neutral B, from Zelda down B (summons Thanatos)
Down B from Wii Fit Trainer (Heat Riser and/or Dia)

Sounds easy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can see this for BD:

All non-specials same as Kirby
Wag arms instead of puff up for multi-jumps
Neutral-B replaced with shield breaker
Side/up specials functionally the same but with spear in place of hammer/cutter
Down-B is basically the same functionally (visually it's him quick falling with spear pointing down), but without the delay afterwards for transforming back

Seems like less work, but seems to me like it would adequately represent BD still
Just as good!

I hadn't considering the dropping aspect of Kirby's Stone ability, I was more focused on the actual stone bit.

(I still think BWD's up special should be Parasol, though. :laugh:)
Then I'll try, too:

Persona 3 Hero=
Normals, from Marth
Up B, from Robin but with fire (Agi)
Side B, from Shulk (Bash)
Neutral B, from Zelda down B (summons Thanatos)
Down B from Wii Fit Trainer (Heat Riser and/or Dia)

Sounds easy.
So I guess he's a Marth echo then. XD

How far can you stretch the Echo designation until it becomes meaningless?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just as good!

I hadn't considering the dropping aspect of Kirby's Stone ability, I was more focused on the actual stone bit.

(I still think BWD's up special should be Parasol, though. :laugh:)

So I guess he's a Marth echo then. XD

How far can you stretch the Echo designation until it becomes meaningless?
I thought about making him Ike's echo but he's way too slim for it. Lucina might fit better but she's already an echo.

Streching the definition? Eh, Chrom kinda does that. Maybe when all specials are different?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Here's a new silly idea of a character thread:

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers, like the following:

Felix
Isaac
Neku Sakuraba
Agnès Oblige
Lin Lee Koo

Sylux
Malos
Amaterasu
Shantae
Henry Cooldown

Geno
Anthony Higgs
Mike Jones
Elma
Rex

Miles "Tails" Prower
Ayumi Tachibana
Isaac
NiGHTS
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Prince of Sablé
Wonder Red

Shroob

Sup?
I know this is conspiracy-levels of thinking...

But Mimique REALLY is suspicious to me, to be brutally honest. Especially now that they're more or less backing Verg 100%, it feels like something is just 'off' about them, but I'm not sure what.

I think it's the way they try really hard to make what they say come off as 'just a guess', when it's kind of obvious they know more than the norm.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers, like the following:

Felix
Isaac
Neku Sakuraba
Agnès Oblige
Lin Lee Koo

Sylux
Malos
Amaterasu
Shantae
Henry Cooldown

Geno
Anthony Higgs
Mike Jones
Elma
Rex
Using this as a reference...

Starfy
Tails
Octoling
Raiden
Mega Man X
Cranky Kong

Hope you guys like third parties.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Venus of the Desert Bloom requested that I posted this here apparently because he does appreciate fine art. This is my fanfic story and it is pretty good.

Also at his request I have removed all harsh descriptions from my story. Though the original posts contained no threats, it did contain some harse descriptions which sensitive people might consider threatening, and therefore I removed it. This censored version will be better suited to the sensitive public that is the people of Smashboards.

So please enjoy the nonthreatening enjoyment that only my stories can bring!
Sakurai thought: "Geno is so popular, let's make the fans happy by including him in the game!" So the next E3 he revealed Geno as Assist Trophy. After the reveal he went to his home happily believing himself to be a blessing to the fans. But when he got home he saw that his house had been hugged to the ground by angry fans. Then Sakurai learned that Assist Trophy reveals are not ok. THE END

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
To be honest, if a character is popular enough to be included but not as a playable character, I feel like they'll take special care to try soften the blow this time around. After the reactions to things like the K. Rool costume in 4 they must know these things can be misinterpreted easily. If Skull Kid's just dropped in our laps as a boss fight there'll be questions like "why not an Echo? why did Chrom get in and not him?", and when fans feel attacked then you've obviously failed at giving them fanservice.

StormC

Smash Hero
Are we just posting games again?

Here's a game: List your most wanted newcomers you wanted when each SSB was announced; bold the ones that made it in that game.

Melee: Pit, King Dedede, Diddy, Wario, Banjo-Kazooie, Joanna Dark (damn...)

Brawl: Pit, Lucario, Wolf, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong, King Dedede

4: Wolf, Dark Samus, King K. Rool

Ultimate: Any given Sun/Moon Pokemon, Rex & Pyra, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong
Didn't really get into Smash speculation until Brawl, so...

Brawl: Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Ridley, Mega Man, Samurai Goroh

4: K. Rool, Mega Man, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie Kong

Ultimate: K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee

Not counting returning veterans I wanted like Snake and Wolf... for Ultimate I'm winning pretty hardcore so far.

Shroob

Sup?
To be honest, if a character is popular enough to be included but not as a playable character, I feel like they'll take special care to try soften the blow this time around. After the reactions to things like the K. Rool costume in 4 they must know these things can be misinterpreted easily. If Skull Kid's just dropped in our laps as a boss fight there'll be questions like "why not an Echo? why did Chrom get in and not him?", and when fans feel attacked then you've obviously failed at giving them fanservice.
Well for starters, who the hell would Skull Kid be an echo of?

Chrom makes perfect sense since Sakurai did him dirty in 4; there's literally no character from the Zelda series that would fight akin to Skull Kid.

Honestly, I know I'm going to get huge flak for this, but Skull Kid is the epitome of a bandwagon character this game.

He was popular, but it wasn't until the last Direct where his popularity SOARED, and Loz18 going around proclaiming "HE'S IN" didn't help the matter either.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I present to everyone here. The Ultimate roster made with Ultimate in mind for the Ultimate Smash Bros. This is my most Ultimate Roster.

While the leaks that have came out somewhat influenced because of “hey, that would be cool”, I tried to base the expanded roster based on Ultimate. It has your iconic characters, your requested characters, new characters, old characters, and even a few oddballs that I personally want. It is Ultimate.

I’ll elaborate on my choices in a later post.
Thoughts on this roster?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Smashboards:
"WHAT IF WE MADE A CHARACTER THAT WAS AN ECHO OF EVERY CHARACTER IN THE CAST."
Me:
View attachment 161975
What's that I hear?

Sounds like an Inferno.
I present to everyone here. The Ultimate roster made with Ultimate in mind for the Ultimate Smash Bros. This is my most Ultimate Roster.

While the leaks that have came out somewhat influenced because of “hey, that would be cool”, I tried to base the expanded roster based on Ultimate. It has your iconic characters, your requested characters, new characters, old characters, and even a few oddballs that I personally want. It is Ultimate.
Truly, the Ultimate Smash Bros., it is very Special.

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy here’s my list

Gerudo
All the Single Ladies
Nintendog
Olimar’s cousin Walter
NAFTA
Dere is nobody else
Ohhhhhhhhh there still is nobody else
Regis Philbin
Felix the Cat
_.__._
2 better characters than what I’ve said so far.
2 more.

As for the other game,

Red tier - Simon, Dork Samus
Orange tier - Ryu
Yellow tier - Pichu, Ice Climbers
Green tier - Shulk
Blue tier - Kirby, Peach
Purple tier - Everybody not in any of the other tiers.
Pink tier - Sheik, Cloud, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Mario

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
What if
Ridley got a speaking voice
and it was Mark Hamill
(Edit; **** I posted this in the totally wrong thread)

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers
Sounds pretty hard in my case, but I'll give it a shot.

Urbosa
Bandana Waddle Dee
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Medusa
Amaterasu
Dixie Kong
Magolor
Akuma
Ninten

Do you know how hard it was to come up with a "U" fighter that could stand any kind of chance of making the roster whatsoever? I had to eventually open up the roster maker and search for characters that began with "U". Urbosa is legitimately the "U" character with the best chance of making the roster.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if
Ridley got a speaking voice
and it was Mark Hamill
(Edit; **** I posted this in the totally wrong thread)
Alternative: Now that Marth has an English dub, Hikaru Midorikawa can voice K.Rool in all regions.

Last edited:

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Plot twist: Sega, Square, Camelot etc start posting 'leaks' on their official Twitter.

Each one has a different combination of Smash leakers on their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom