• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's someone in the conmments that isn't interested in Smash or Pokemon. And Pokemon? Okay. I understand.

But I'm confused how Smash couldn't appeal in the slightest to anyone in the Nintendo fanbase/gamer fanbase.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Well we had a Nindies video and then a Nindies Direct shortly after. The source previously told NintendoLife about those two presentations ahead of time and given the wording of the article's first sentence, there'll be more indies. It could very well be a normal direct with some indies in it but we'll just have to wait and see.

Also don't call me furry guy.
I see...and sorry! Thought you were cute.

Still, another Indies Direct after a week or two from that same direct would just be strange, in my opinion. A Normal Direct would fit, as to coincide with Online service, than a Indies Direct.

I know already what you're trying to say, though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's someone in the conmments that isn't interested in Smash or Pokemon. And Pokemon? Okay. I understand.

But I'm confused how Smash couldn't appeal in the slightest to anyone in the Nintendo fanbase/game fanbase.
Nintendolife comments are very anti-Smash tbh. If it's not general disinterest, it's full on dislike.

At best I can think maybe they don't like the gameplay but those people don't exist to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So it looks like a general Nintendo Direct might air very soon.

Possible Smash reveal, or will Smash skip this normal Direct and possibly others because of what is essentially two Smash Bros. motion pictures we've had already?

EDIT: Apparently will be more indies and possibly some online stuff. If it is another indie thing, then yeah no Smash I guess. Still, I wonder if a normal direct would still have Smash stuff. I can see it go either way tbh.
1am in Europe, figured the last few Directs' timing had been too good to us. There better be some kind of Smash news in this if true.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I logged onto Smashboards and saw that people were having a husbando/waifu discussion. Zinith was literally the first person who came to mind.

Guess who was involved.

1am in Europe, figured the last few Directs' timing had been too good to us. There better be some kind of Smash news in this if true.
7:00 P.M. where I live. Not the most inconvenient time they could've went with I suppose, but I'll be taking a class at that time. Probably won't get around to watching it until two hours later.

Assuming the Direct is real. Might be getting ahead of myself.

Last edited:

Maskedali

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking since E3, and I just wanted to point out that Splatoon 2 hasn't had it's monthly content update yet. It's overdue by 6 days today, and the talk of a Nintendo Direct makes me convinced that Nintendo is saving the update news for the direct. Seeing as it's so late already, I can't really see the direct being later than this week. Maybe I'm wrong on both counts, just something I thought I'd mention.

Also hi everyone

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Good lord what has happened.

Hope this direct is on the 6th so we can confirm that leak and get myself some KH rep with a costume.
The war on UI outlines continues.

Surely we live in a world where the old look could be enabled with a checkbox so why can't I find one?

D

Deleted member

Direct is supposedly tomorrow? Well, ****, they need to get onto that quick then because I still see no announcement. In 15 minutes, it'll be 36 hours to the supposed air time so I think it'd be a good idea to see if it gets announced then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been lurking since E3, and I just wanted to point out that Splatoon 2 hasn't had it's monthly content update yet. It's overdue by 6 days today, and the talk of a Nintendo Direct makes me convinced that Nintendo is saving the update news for the direct. Seeing as it's so late already, I can't really see the direct being later than this week. Maybe I'm wrong on both counts, just something I thought I'd mention.

Also hi everyone
Interesting. I wonder if they're gonna add something big to make the online payments seem worth it.

And hi

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

Also hi everyone
Wow, your first post and you got already 10 likes. Lucky you.

Now that you mention it, you're right. I haven't seen any Splatoon update. I don't play that game, but not seeing any monthly updates makes it weird, which also consequently makes that rumor sound more believable.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Also hi everyone
Ooh the supposed leak posted here on smashboards talked about splatoon 2 update with the online service.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Direct is supposedly tomorrow? Well, ****, they need to get onto that quick then because I still see no announcement. In 15 minutes, it'll be 36 hours to the supposed air time so I think it'd be a good idea to see if it gets announced then.
It'll probably be announced around 24 hours before

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Ooh the supposed leak posted here on smashboards talked about splatoon 2 update with the online service.
It also got the time wrong for this supposed Direct, had a Pokemon called Gullible and suggested Mario Kart getting 2, not 4, but 2 tracks as DLC. That rumour isn't right, even if we are getting a Direct on the 6/7th (timezones).

Polan

Smash Lord
So it looks like a general Nintendo Direct might air very soon.

Possible Smash reveal, or will Smash skip this normal Direct and possibly others because of what is essentially two Smash Bros. motion pictures we've had already?

EDIT: Apparently will be more indies and possibly some online stuff. If it is another indie thing, then yeah no Smash I guess. Still, I wonder if a normal direct would still have Smash stuff. I can see it go either way tbh.
the indie stuff could be the Nindies Together program that the smashboard leaker was talking about. the plot continues to thicken....

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well I'll be, looks like word on the street may be right about a Direct after all. Two days earlier than last time, too.

Implying that my boi is a villain?

If that's the case, there's no hope for any of you. Have you seen Yoshi's celebration scene in Mario Power Tennis?
No, I was just noticing a row of reptiles, that's all. At least Ridley isn't on it, so we just have the fun ones.

on the topic of pokemon, does anyone else really want a pokemon conquest sequel? I feel like that game didn't get the love it deserved.
Unfortunately, TPC seemingly won't allow something new that's unrelated or somewhat related to Pokémon more than once, even that.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon got off lucky, given that its cast is nothing but Pokémon, but still.

7:00 P.M. where I live. Not the most inconvenient time they could've went with I suppose, but I'll be taking a class at that time. Probably won't get around to watching it until two hours later.

Assuming the Direct is real. Might be getting ahead of myself.
I'm getting off luckier, since the only thing I'll have to deal with is a game show...that lasts 30 minutes. Nintendo has the knack of scheduling things at the wrong time.

Edit: Wait, never mind, game show's airing tonight, so I'm free to watch the Direct! :b:

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
It also got the time wrong for this supposed Direct, had a Pokemon called Gullible and suggested Mario Kart getting 2, not 4, but 2 tracks as DLC. That rumour isn't right, even if we are getting a Direct on the 6/7th (timezones).
OH I totally forgot about the pokémon name. People said that it sounds like crédule? I didnt get that when I read it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also hi everyone
Hey Maskedali, Scott here! Also I totally agree with you. We can't have it later this week at this rate.

REAL_GAMER.png

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
don't dismiss because of that Nintendo is known to do weird things, the two maps might actually be battle area maps who knows.

Edit: Also a ghost type pokemon called Gillybal (or whatever it was) is a totally Gamefreak thing to do.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
don't dismiss because of that Nintendo is known to do weird things, the two maps might actually be battle area maps who knows.

Edit: Also a ghost type pokemon called Gillybul (or whatever it was) is a totally Gamefreak thing to do.
I really don't think Waluigi Pinball returning is a battle mode map.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note, Waluigi pinball should be it's own spin-off game

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Although I may be biased, as a writer for NintendoLife as well as a past source for upcoming news, I'm more inclined believe the NintendoLife team than a random leaker, here or elsewhere. That said, until Nintendo officially says it, I won't be confident in an upcoming direct, even if a friend from the Treehouse were to personally tell me the date.

NintendoLife reported that it's the same source they received a Nindies "leak" from, however, it appears that the tweets from developers could have also given that away to the supposed "leaker." With so many rumors flying around right now for the 6th, it could be the leaker is also jumping on the bandwagon. Or, I could be completely wrong. Either way, I believe Nintendo has to release information soon on their online service.

When it comes to rumors in the gaming industry:
Always be cynical.
Don't gossip if you're an employee.
Listen more.

Good advice for life, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom