• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Speaking of Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow......

I do not think anyone asked us that question: what do you wish for that Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow?

For me, I wish that a new game in New Super Mario Bros would be announced, and maybe a character reveal. But that's it, I guess.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All I wish at this point is that I knew what this friggin' online service is about. Nintendo's been keeping their cards close to their chest and I'd like to think it was because they had a surprise coming, not incompetence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So is it confirmed that there's a direct for tomorrow or are we just guessing hopefully now?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So is it confirmed that there's a direct for tomorrow or are we just guessing hopefully now?
There's been heavy rumors that there will be one tomorrow, and a big one from Nintendo life today. Check their site.

Regarding smash this is what I hope...I personally don't believe these are all the stages so I hope whatever character gets revealed, they come with a new stage and we can end the, is this all the stages debate. Incineroar with an Alolan stage, Isaac with a Golden Sun, Elma with Primordia, whatever. Just want to see a new stage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
NintendoLife: "There's a direct tomorrow."
Smash Fans: "Oh **** there's a direct tomorrow!"
NintendoLife: 'Ladies and Gentlemen... We got'em."

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow......

I do not think anyone asked us that question: what do you wish for that Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow?

For me, I wish that a new game in New Super Mario Bros would be announced, and maybe a character reveal. But that's it, I guess.
More info about PQ2 would be cool but I don't think it's the place.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I feel like Leffen's attempts to stop being the villain of Melee recently have been disingenuous. To me, it feels like he's more trying to hid his toxicity instead of working to get rid of it. He's still got the random twitter outbursts as well as complaining about TOs and tournaments in general when he loses. I feel as though his choice to give his EVO winnings away was more of a "look at how nice and generous I am" move rather than something he genuinely wanted to do. I think being Melee's villain for so long has created a really big roadblock to actual development of his character.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
It will almost certainly be focused on Nintendo’s online service. I have no expectations beyond that. I doubt we see anything related to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate beyond online functionality. I would enjoy being wrong.

My reaction if we receive content beyond the online service:
FF9380B2-F3A4-4378-A20E-5B88FBC82841.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just hope it really happens tomorrow because I don't have class on Friday which means I can safely get hyped without distracting myself from my own responsibilities.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If this supposed Direct focuses on content aside from the new online service, then I'm confident we'll get a character reveal. HOWEVER, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything major aside from that. I have a feeling they'd randomly throw in a character trailer toward the end as a suprise announcement and that's it. Doubt we get more detail on new modes and other features until another Smash Direct.

Now as far as what I'd like to see get revealed, I just want to see a new Pokemon, if only so we can finally put an end to all this painful speculation revolving around it.
I think they'll probably save the pokemon for next month, with lets go coming out the tie in would make sense. I think it could be either Elma or Bandana Dee, that's what my gut says at least.

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
It will almost certainly be focused on Nintendo’s online service. I have no expectations beyond that. I doubt we see anything related to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate beyond online functionality. I would enjoy being wrong.

My reaction if we receive content beyond the online service:
View attachment 161990
Considering Sak wants to reveal all characters before release, and we seem to be keeping up a consistent news-flow, I think we will get one reveal trailer at the end of the direct - no matter what the rest of the direct is focused on.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
The writers of N1ntendo.nl (a Dutch Nintendo website) was told that it is a Nintendo Direct Mini, so don't get your hopes up.

And if it was a "big" Direct, it would be announced by now, huh?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
The writers of N1ntendo.nl (a Dutch Nintendo website) was told that it is a Nintendo Direct Mini, so don't get your hopes up.

Again, the March direct (in which SMASH WAS ANNOUNCED) was announced the day before it came out.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

OH the problem with the mini directs is that they pop up without an announcement. Which mean we will have to wait until tomorrow just in case it happen xd

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Going off from Teran Teran said, off topic discussion is fine and totally permissible but do try to keep it short and don’t get too off topic that it distracts the current discussion.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If it’s a mini direct, then probably an echo reveal at most? (Since their trailer would be shorter?)

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
If it's a Nintendo Direct Mini, I see more chances for some "smaller hype" characters to be announced (CHORUS KIDS INCOMING IS THIS REAL???)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If it’s a mini direct, then probably an echo reveal at most? (Since their trailer would be shorter?)
They don't have separate reveal trailers for Echoes. They are either confirmed randomly (if they are based on a veteran) or announced alongside their base character (if they are based on a newcomer).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m hoping for Samus and Zamus redesigns ;)
I really doubt that will happen, or at least that they’re already planning it and hiding it.

They had Samus’s current model in the cinematic-level-quality Ridley reveal, which may end up being used in the game as some are speculating. In addition, Samus already has a render of her Other M design.

They wouldn’t go through the time, money, and effort to render and animate Other M Samus if it was just going to be a troll model to surprise the small amount of peoole who really care.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Final Destination distractions: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I really doubt that will happen, or at least that they’re already planning it and hiding it.

They had Samus’s current model in the cinematic-level-quality Ridley reveal, which may end up being used in the game as some are speculating. In addition, Samus already has a render of her Other M design.

They wouldn’t go through the time, money, and effort to render and animate Other M Samus if it was just going to be a troll model to surprise the small amount of peoole who really care.
Still more likely than Shauntae ;)

D

Deleted member

For whatever it's worth it, look at Smash 4's reveal pace

June 2013 - 3 newcomers
6 months
December 2013 - 1 newcomer
2 months
February 2014 - 1 newcomer
2 months
April 2014 - 1 newcomer
2 months
June 2014 - 3 newcomers
1 month
July 2014 - 1 newcomer, 1 clone
1 month
August 2014 - 1 newcomer
2 months
October 2014(game release) - 2 newcomers, 1 clone

June 2018 - 2 newcomers, 1 Echo
2 months
August 2018 - 2 newcomers, 3 Echoes

Ultimate's pacing is already much faster, averaging at 1 unique and 1 Echo per month as of September, and if they do it like Smash 4, this pacing should speed up as we get closer to the game's release. They aren't going to slow down now, it doesn't make sense.
I believe we should be getting two newcomers spread between September and October, with the final two or three being revealed in a final presentation in November.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
On second though, it would be weird if they're gonna about the online service and not doing an announcement of the direct. I mean, we know really little about de service (retro games, save clouds), so if I was Nintendo I would want the more people to see the information and without an annoucement it would be odd

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom