• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Although I may be biased, as a writer for NintendoLife as well as a past source for upcoming news, I'm more inclined believe the NintendoLife team than a random leaker, here or elsewhere. That said, until Nintendo officially says it, I won't be confident in an upcoming direct, even if a friend from the Treehouse were to personally tell me the date.

When it comes to rumors in the gaming industry:
Always be cynical.
Don't gossip if you're an employee.
Listen more.

Good advice for life, really.
I don't think anyone on this board is going to just believe a leak without substantial evidence but its fun and informative to discuss the possibilities and why something could work. Its just a way to hype ourselves up for the game, just to get us through the long day's of nothing to analyse.

Good advice non the less though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It feels too early, I feel like we'd know already if there was a full blown direct tomorrow

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If this supposed Direct focuses on content aside from the new online service, then I'm confident we'll get a character reveal. HOWEVER, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything major aside from that. I have a feeling they'd randomly throw in a character trailer toward the end as a suprise announcement and that's it. Doubt we get more detail on new modes and other features until another Smash Direct.

Now as far as what I'd like to see get revealed, I just want to see a new Pokemon, if only so we can finally put an end to all this painful speculation revolving around it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If this supposed Direct focuses on content aside from the new online service, then I'm confident we'll get a character reveal. HOWEVER, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything major aside from that. I have a feeling they'd randomly throw in a character trailer toward the end as a suprise announcement and that's it. Doubt we get more detail on new modes and other features until another Smash Direct.

Now as far as what I'd like to see get revealed, I just want to see a new Pokemon, if only so we can finally put an end to all this painful speculation revolving around it.
The consensus around here is that there would just be a new character revealed in a general direct. Who, is the only question.

The most fun option being Isabelle being ninja'ed into Ultimate.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Elma alongside a Xenoblade Chronicles X port, just like Shulk had with the 3DS port, is what I'm championing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hoping for more info on Yoshi's Flipping Island :yoshi:

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
I expect any Nintendo Direct focusing on the Nintendo Online Service to be cut-and-dry and only feature news directly on the service itself. This could include relevant games, such as Mario Kart 8 DX, Splatoon 2 and perhaps even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I don't expect to see any new content unrelated from online play. I would certainly be excited to see a new character reveal, but I don't believe one will be shown in an online-centric direct.

Unless it's.. could it be?

New.jpg
Nintendo eShop Bag buys a roster spot!

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If we got a new Nintendo Direct, a Smash newcomer reveal wouldn't really be my priority.

I'd like to see some more details on Starlink, personally. Or if I'm lucky, a reveal for a new Star Fox game. Maybe that rumored Grand Prix title, I dunno. Just want a new, and successful, game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I expect any Nintendo Direct focusing on the Nintendo Online Service to be cut-and-dry and only feature news directly on the service itself. This could include relevant games, such as Mario Kart 8 DX, Splatoon 2 and perhaps even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I don't expect to see any new content unrelated from online play. I would certainly be excited to see a new character reveal, but I don't believe one will be shown in an online-centric direct.

View attachment 161989
Nintendo eShop Bag buys the battle!
You're sleeping on Parabo & Satebo as a possible WTF entry though, since the Satellaview service is the ancestor of the e-shop.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

View attachment 161989
Nintendo eShop Bag buys the battle!
Animal Crossing would be something affected by online. Would be a good time to announce it.

Isabelle

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I know this is not related here...

And I do not wanna start any cross forum drama, but well, I don't know how to explain it properly. Can I just say it, seeing as it's probably going to be the important news/revolution?

Danpal65

Smash Lord

And I do not wanna start any cross forum drama, but well, I don't know how to explain it properly. Can I just say it, seeing as it's probably going to be the important news/revolution?
Sorry, not really sure what you mean or are referring to.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman

Shoot!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

You don't have to ask permission...

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So I just read all the pages I missed since going to sleep last night and I got very sensitive reading some of you talking about your dogs and your ups and downs. I love dogs and animals in general with all my heart, and consider myself an empathic person, and also go through bad days from time to time, today being one of those, so I got emotional easier. So I just wanna let you know that I understand you and to keep it up, we all are stronger than we think. Love you guys ^^

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Sorry, not really sure what you mean or are referring to.
Well, do you know that often, game news and industry, etc. bring up Resetera, that site for gaming, right? And as I know, we think that site is so toxic, right? Well, I mentioned that 'cross-forum drama' as a warning,, because currently, if you haven't heard of it...

Users on Resetera are finally admitting that the site itself is very toxic, very bad, and they want NeoGAF back. There is mass-ban in that site right now for that reason, and soon enough it'll implode.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Starlink will probably flop. Besides amiibo which most people really only collect for the figures toys to life is pretty much dead.
On NL, the writer who did a feature on Starlink seemed to be very confused about what audience the game is even aimed at. Toys for the kids, yet the world exploration is something that would appeal more to older gamers.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ahem, I wish to BREAK the silence. I know it's not related to this forums.

But, right now, there is huge drama on Resetera forums. You know, that forum that everyone has moved to after that NeoGAF incident. Right now, in that forum, there are a lot of peoples finally admitting that the forum is very cringey and bad and that they want NeoGAF back, which is why there is an mass-ban right now.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Very good point. Thoughts?
Mimique is just another fake leaker, who is collaborating with Loz. No offense, but him being with Loz just makes it suspicious.

Honestly, it's not a good point in my opinion. Sakurai has been known for smokescreening

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mimique is just another fake leaker, who is collaborating with Loz. No offense, but him being with Loz just makes it suspicious.

Honestly, it's not a good point in my opinion. Sakurai has been known for smokescreening
I thought Monique wasn't even a leader and never claimed to be, just someone taking a few guesses here and there.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

But, right now, there is huge drama on Resetera forums. You know, that forum that everyone has moved to after that NeoGAF incident. Right now, in that forum, there are a lot of peoples finally admitting that the forum is very cringey and bad and that they want NeoGAF back, which is why there is an mass-ban right now.
Not sure this is really the place to be bringing up this at all.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
only 95 pages before we reach 4000, if there is a direct on the 6th we better speed up... :ultsonic: 'we're too slow'

D

Deleted member

We should bring the "music that should be in Smash" topic because I was just reminded of this jam

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Very good point. Thoughts?
This has been my train of thought. I don't think "Hope you weren't expecting too many new fighters" was a lie (although it would be bad ass if in the final direct he was like "oh did I say that?" And revealed like 5 more unique newcomers lol). I just think not too many was reffering to unique. But combined with echoes we will probably see at minimum Melee numbers if not Brawl/Smash 4. I mean at this point in Smash 4's development there were at least 4 more unique newcomers to reveal? (Robin, Shulk, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt).

Yea I'm predicting 4-5 more unique and 4-5 more echoes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Then don't post it. It has nothing to do with Smashboards or Smash Ultimate, and any anyone who is genuinely interested would already know about it. It's clearly demonstrated by the fact you already posted it about it once, no one cared, so you posted it again. Post about it on Facebook, not here. Thanks.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This isn't the place to be having lengthy discussions about GAF/Resetera, keep it on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom