• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's just take a moment to appreciate that we're looking at a game with a probable total of 70 unique movesets (Darn it Pokemon trainer, why you gotta throw the numbers off?) and a probable total roster of about 80 characters.

All this on top of 100 stages, 50 Assist Trophies and an undisclosed number of Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

There's been heavy rumors that there will be one tomorrow, and a big one from Nintendo life today. Check their site.

Regarding smash this is what I hope...I personally don't believe these are all the stages so I hope whatever character gets revealed, they come with a new stage and we can end the, is this all the stages debate. Incineroar with an Alolan stage, Isaac with a Golden Sun, Elma with Primordia, whatever. Just want to see a new stage.
Sweet. In that case, I hope there's at least 1 new reveal in there, but in the event its a more general Nintendo Direct, I'd actually be fine with it (as long as the end of the Direct says when the next Smash direct is lol).

So, for a general Nintendo direct with no Smash info, this is what I want:
* Mario Maker 2 (or a port with access to levels created in Wii U counterpart)
* Title announcement for the Pokemon Switch game to be released in 2019
* Announcement of SNES games coming to eShop
* Announcement of Select Gamecube games coming to eShop
* Direct finishes off with date for next Smash focused Direct (if nothing new is given in this Direct)

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
We may have echoes now, but I still think we all know who the best clone is.

As an aside, kudos to the reveal splash screen localization team. The character reveal splash screen in Japanese all say the same thing.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Mario Maker 2 (or a port with access to levels created in Wii U counterpart)
* Title announcement for the Pokemon Switch game to be released in 2019
They're not going to touch that game until next year, or at least until Let's Go are released.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Can I be the Skull Kid guy? I've been asking him, trying to keep him relevant to discussion since way before the direct. I want to be the guy people think of when Skull Kids role is finally revealed

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll be the Gardevoir guy.

That or the guy who keeps making support threads for characters with less than 30% chances.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I never thought of Meowth before, but I could see that. I definitely agree with what you're saying here.

If I may inquire, roughly speaking, how much do you think Let's Go will sell?
I can make a guess, not an estimation. The latter would require some actual resources and investment into determining. There's a lot of factors. The attach rate of Switch games, the success of Pokemon Go and the Switch, the lack of Pokemon games available for the system. And those are just some of the things that can be measured on this end, unlike marketing and advertising which is more anecdotal.
I'll say they will probably have a combined sale of about 12-13 million by Christmas.

The thing to remember with Lets Go, is that it is not just about selling the games. In fact, Id argue the primary drive of the games (as with all, but especially this one) is to sell the system. Nintendo set some big goals for sales this year, and only Oct-Dec have games to push those numbers..

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Ness is too much, I can be the Persona guy, I can pull that off.

D

Deleted member

As an aside, kudos to the reveal splash screen localization team. The character reveal splash screen in Japanese all say the same thing.
The reveal splash lines are my favorite parts of any reveal, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't meme Chrom or pun with Dark Samus.
But damn, are they memeing it even harder this time "Hits the big time"? "Crosses over"?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which character were you devastated to see as an assist trophy ?
None? Even if it's kinda sad I can't play as Ashley, it's nice she's still in and it was a great surprise seeing Krystal and Bomberman.

And the best one was Wa-*gets shot*

D

Deleted member

I'll be the Rex guy to show y'all a thing or three. Because I love you.

And all you guys!

D

Deleted member

They're not going to touch that game until next year, or at least until Let's Go are released.
Darn. Well, I'd settle for the rest of what I mentioned. The nintendo consoles I've actually owned were NES, SNES, then Wii U, so I missed the entirety of the N64, Gamecube, and Wii eras (I had a friend who owned Smash for the N64, Gamecube, and Wii) and would like to play some of the things I missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Does it just say new Challenger or something?

Also if we are calling roles than I am the Twintelle Queer. (Also the Mimikyu ghost, as in my hopes and dreams are dead)

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Final Destination distractions: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

I feel slightly bad for FD because with Omega stages I really see no reason to play it. Used to be my favorite stage after Smashville, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom