• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
GOOGLE alerted me to a game on Resetera:
Sakurai : "I need your help to bring a new franchise into Smash. You are allowed
  • One new fighter
  • One echo fighter
  • One assist trophy
  • One stage (with bosses/hazards)
You may also specify
  • alternate fighter costumes
  • franchise trophies
  • stage music
  • reveal trailer
Eh it sounded more fun before before I posted.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What, a new direct asdfha;kjsghflkags;kfnasldcklha!>?!??!?!??!?

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
WELL PLACE YOUR BETS BOYS

Who will it be? Skull kid? Isaac? Geno? Bandana dee? Chorus kids (please god)? A Pokemon?

What do you think?

D

Deleted member

All bets on PSY. He’s a shoe in at this point. He’s South Korea’s Ridley.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's the gameplay and story that I'm into. Not to mention that the toys-to-life gimmick is completely optional.

Do I want the game to sell well, sure. Do I expect the game to sell well, not so sure.

The only thing I want from this game is for it to be fun, and that in the case it does fail, Nintendo doesn't punish Star Fox in particular for it.
Oh really I didn't know the gimmick was optional. That's cool then

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh yeah! New di-

*see time*

*It's a midnight for me*
tumblr_mi4z0rJU3Y1rirz1ro3_r1_400.gif

Damn you Nintendo.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Who wants to make a bet that there will be nothing Smash related? ;O)

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
"Roughly 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles"

Welp, so much for the 'paid online services' direct.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'll be at work during the direct, Whelp guess I have to hope for minimal spoilers before I get home tomorrow.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
WELL PLACE YOUR BETS BOYS

Who will it be? Skull kid? Isaac? Geno? Bandana dee? Chorus kids (please god)? A Pokemon?

What do you think?
I have never hoped to be more wrong about the chair theory than ever before, I really just want Skull Kid to be revealed already if he's in.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
hey fellas, there's a new track in case people were wondering,

Just a quick question, will it hurt Geno's even more as a fighter?(Not that it would) I've been hearing about this music theory shtick for a while now. Usually a new character from a franchise comes first and then along the lines the track comes second.

Maskedali

Smash Rookie
Well there it is. I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm very happy and excited for it. Hopefully the Switch will get a firmware update to make the UI more usable. Looking forward to Splatoon info and finally finding out what I'm paying $20 for every year for the foreseeable future. Of course, I'm also expecting an obligatory newcomer at the end of the direct. It seems Skull kid has been subtly pushed for a little while now, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he showed up in some form or another.

Here's to the direct tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Roughly 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch titles"

Welp, so much for the 'paid online services' direct.
The descriptions rarely tell us anything about what we actually see in the Direct, no doubt online will be covered.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think we
hey fellas, there's a new track in case people were wondering,

Just a quick question, will it hurt Geno's even more as a fighter?(Not that it would) I've been hearing about this music theory shtick for a while now. Usually a new character from a franchise comes first and then along the lines the track comes second.
There is a new track every Wednesday correct?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I'll be at work during the direct, Whelp guess I have to hope for minimal spoilers before I get home tomorrow.
You can always open up a page where it will be airing and keep it open so you don’t have to bother looking it up and chancing a spoiler. That’s what I do.

Edit: What other rumors besides the “Gullible” rumor talk about reveals on the 6th? That rumor said it would air at 10 am and last 27 min and 12 seconds. Both wrong.

Now I'm going to keep an eye on that leaker that told us about the direct on monday. All I remember from him is that he said Incineroar and Isaac will be shown
He said a lot of things, but the air time and the length of the presentation are both wrong in that leak.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Forget who will get confirmed tomorrow. I wonder who will get disconfirned tomorrow. :p
It’s a general Nintendo Direct, for these (that aren’t E3) have we ever gotten multiple segments/in-depth looks at Smash? If not I’d assume we’d likely get one character trailer at the end.

Anyways, if we’re getting Smash im expecting one echo fighter and one new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom