• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Look at you silly people using the tier list maker to make favorites list. Well I'll do you one better - a Smash 5 Waifu/Husbando Tier List! Characters are not ranked in tier 'cause I'm lazy.
Smash Ultimate Waifu Tier LIst.png

It's pretty hard to dispute this one, isn't it?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Look at you silly people using the tier list maker to make favorites list. Well I'll do you one better - a Smash 5 Waifu/Husbando Tier List! Characters are not ranked in tier 'cause I'm lazy.
View attachment 161980
Pretty hard to dispute this one, isn't it?
You're a furry if you date Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sonic and Donkey Kong but not if you date K. Rool and Ridley? Lol?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 161980
Pretty hard to dispute this one, isn't it?
Do you REALLY want me to make a similar tier list?

D O Y O U ? :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You're a furry if you date Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sonic and Donkey Kong but not if you date K. Rool and Ridley? Lol?
I mean let's be real here, would you not make an exception to a no-furry rule if K.Rool wanted to date you? And if you want to get technical, they aren't furries, they're scalies.

Yeah yeah Falco isn't a furry either details details.

Uh Zinith, you're scaring me.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here's a new silly idea of a character thread:

Try spelling your username with the first letter of potential newcomers, like the following:

Felix
Isaac
Neku Sakuraba
Agnès Oblige
Lin Lee Koo

Sylux
Malos
Amaterasu
Shantae
Henry Cooldown

Geno
Anthony Higgs
Mike Jones
Elma
Rex
Ignoring the numerics, here you go.
Shadow the Hedgehog
Travis Touchdown
Ray-Mk1
Isaac
Doomguy
Eggman
Rex
_
B
lack Shadow
Octoling
Nightmare (Thought initially of Kirby's Nightmare, but eh why not SoulCal's Nightmare?)
Decidueye

StormC

Smash Hero
Is Cloud often detracted for being mostly associated with Sony or being an anime swordsman?

Or...

Both?

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Hello guys, did you see that new Bowser's Castle son-

I mean let's be real here, would you not make an exception to a no-furry rule if K.Rool wanted to date you? And if you want to get technical, they aren't furries, they're scalies.

Yeah yeah Falco isn't a furry either details details.

Uh Zinith, you're scaring me.
200w.gif

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is Cloud often detracted for being mostly associated with Sony or being an anime swordsman?

Or...

Both?
Well if you want to know why I put him so low on that waifu tier list, it's because I think there's no reason a character with hitboxes that busted should be so difficult to punish. Nothing to do with Sony or anime.

I hope everyone realizes that tier list was a joke....

D

Deleted member

Tingle
Oshawott
Takamaru
Soda Popinski
Bomberman
Saika (Japanese name for Pandoria from XC2)

I tried, guys.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh sure, make all the King Dedede and Bowser waifu jokes and nobody bats an eye but when I joke about Yoshi, people act like I just admitted to murder! Is that how it's gonna be?!!! :yoshi:
Other people mix up their jokes, Zinith...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually considered giving Yoshi his own "This one is for you Zinith" tier but I didn't know where I'd place it. Besides, I thought it'd be better to lump him in with the kids.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
View attachment 161934
Fairly self-explanatory tier list.
Rate my tastes and also post your own.

Template: https://randallstrife.github.io/smash-apps/tier/
We are no longer a dying race.

1536139909963.png

Mains are likely squad strike crew; Brawl Main, 3DS/Wii U Main, and most wanted newcomer. Secondaries are the other characters that caught my eye in this/previous games; I want to be good with some but likely nowhere near all of them. The other categories are self explanatory.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And what about the Villager? I always see folks lumping them in with the children despite him/her being old enough to own his/her own house and become mayor.
My guess for THAT one is probably because Villager is an avatar and reflects the player. And since many Animal Crossing fans were kids the first time they played it...

But the image of Yoshi being "like a child" really irks me. He's not a baby unless explicitly stated so (Yoshi's Story)

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
My guess for THAT one is probably because Villager is an avatar and reflects the player. And since many Animal Crossing fans were kids the first time they played it...

But the image of Yoshi being "like a child" really irks me. He's not a baby unless explicitly stated so (Yoshi's Story)
Yoshi is a baby, and that's all that it matters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone can confirm I'm not crazy. Did the desktop version of Google Chrome change it's looks in the last 12 hours?

If yes, is it ugly?

On something more Smash related, finally I know where the tier list maker is ^_^

Koopaul

Smash Champion
And what about the Villager? I always see folks lumping them in with the children despite him/her being old enough to own his/her own house and become mayor.
Villager is your avatar. He or she can be as old as you want them to be.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
There's at least two Yoshi, the Yoshi's Island one and the Star Child Yoshi from Yoshi's Island DS

I think the one in Smash is the former.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright since my previous waifu tier list was so controversial, here's a revised one for you all. I'm not counting Yoshi or Villager as children in this one.
Smash Ultimate Waifu Tier List Revised.png

Sorry Zinith. I hope you know it's just a joke. You're still cool.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'm gonna take a stab at this! =D I'm gonna restrict myself to the "Must have appeared on a Nintendo Console" rule

Dixie Kong
ai ai (We could have ai ai fight diddy for title of eekiest monkey)
rydia (ff4 was always one of my favorites.)
kefka (Best Final fantasy villain from the best final fantasy =P)
felix
ulala (From Space Channel 5. Actually had a GBA release, and she's been a racer in some sonic racing games. =p)
rabbid Peach

Mallow
aerith
riku
lara croft (I did not realize, but she's been on a lot of nintendo handhelds)
frisk (Undertale on switch! =D)
old man (It's dangerous to go alone...)
xianghua (She could fight Link again for old times sake! =D)

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright since my previous waifu tier list was so controversial, here's a revised one for you all. I'm not counting Yoshi or Villager as children in this one.View attachment 161984

Sorry Zinith. I hope you know it's just a joke. You're still cool.

Well, at least you learned something new about Yoshi...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So it looks like a general Nintendo Direct might air very soon.

Possible Smash reveal, or will Smash skip this normal Direct and possibly others because of what is essentially two Smash Bros. motion pictures we've had already?

EDIT: Apparently will be more indies and possibly some online stuff. If it is another indie thing, then yeah no Smash I guess. Still, I wonder if a normal direct would still have Smash stuff. I can see it go either way tbh.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So it looks like a general Nintendo Direct might air very soon.

Possible Smash reveal, or will Smash skip this normal Direct and possibly others because of what is essentially two Smash Bros. motion pictures we've had already?

EDIT: Apparently will be more indies and possibly some online stuff. If it is another indie thing, then yeah no Smash I guess. Still, I wonder if a normal direct would still have Smash stuff. I can see it go either way tbh.
Hey, furry guy. 'More indies', you say? We have had a Indie presentation on August, so to see another consecutively in September would be strange. A normal Direct will do.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know why Nintendo would go for three Nindie directs in a row, but what do I know?

It's possible the Nintendo Life writer is just assuming it's an Indie direct because the same informant told them about the last one, which was an Indie direct.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hey, furry guy. 'More indies', you say? We have had a Indie presentation on August, so to see another consecutively in September would be strange. A normal Direct will do.
Well we had a Nindies video and then a Nindies Direct shortly after. The source previously told NintendoLife about those two presentations ahead of time and given the wording of the article's first sentence, there'll be more indies. It could very well be a normal direct with some indies in it but we'll just have to wait and see.

Also don't call me furry guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom