• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Wouldn't the mods of the forum be able to varify that they did indeed erase that post?

Not that I don't trust Taco Cruise, Tacos just killed my family

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
So what I'm getting from all this is that we're gettimg Celica as an echo fighter of Agnes?

I'm on team "I'm not even going to humor it until I see proof that post actually existed".
Someone else took a screenshot. This is also what I saw. Is this enough?
Proof.jpg

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes. Cause where exactly are the Chorus Kids?
You're thinking of the Gematsu leak buddy.
ESRB leaked posted footage of the CSS, gameplay, the whole shebang.
So yeah, ESRB leaker was right.

Also, Gematsu leak was real too because the Chorus Kids and Chrom were both cut during development and you don't just accurately predict Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, but that's for another day.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
We still could be in another case of "recent fake leak under the facade of being older enough to seem believable" like that japanese leak from a few weeks ago.
I must say that when it comes to modes, the fact that he doesn't mention any of the modes revealed in the Direct seems fishy.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
If this text thing ends of being true, then those things would be pretty cool.

But I still don't see how a Giygas fight would really work.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
>Popular among both the indie scene and the Smash community
>Has history with Nintendo
>Has moveset potential
>Her clothes have the same color scheme as the chairs'
>Is cute
>Heavily requested since the Ballot came out
Yup, she's in.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
"Did you just assume my gender?" is a sh*tty joke because actual trans people (which, if you don't know, is the group of people the joke is meant to mock in the first place) would NEVER actually say that. If anything, when a stranger or friend misgenders them, they get nervous and just try not to say anything for fear of that stranger lashing out or their friends deciding to mock them.

They are the LEAST likely group to say it. So stop with that sh*t.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
The thing about leaks with Smash Ultimate is we’re gonna know all the base characters before the game comes out so it’s all really pure entertainment until the next reveal lmaooo

Also,
>defeating evil by praying really hard

She’s in.
1536008060404.jpeg

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What if Shantae got in but as an echo for Zelda? I mean, both are magic users, she wouldn't be stealing a spot and everyone would be happy
You're getting a bit desperate there buddy, also there's no such thing as stealing a spot and Shantae being a Zelda echo makes no sense.
We have a better 3rd party Zelda echo candidate.

View attachment 161636
As long as Marco is a Capt. Falcon echo with her

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
"Did you just assume my gender?" is a sh*tty joke because actual trans people (which, if you don't know, is the group of people the joke is meant to mock in the first place) would NEVER actually say that. If anything, when a stranger or friend misgenders them, they get nervous and just try not to say anything for fear of that stranger lashing out or their friends deciding to mock them.

Did you just assume what a trans person would say?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

wow bro it's just a prank man

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
We still could be in another case of "recent fake leak under the facade of being older enough to seem believable" like that japanese leak from a few weeks ago.
I must say that when it comes to modes, the fact that he doesn't mention any of the modes revealed in the Direct seems fishy.
If he got Ritcher WITH Simon, K. Rool, Dracula, and Multi Stage transitions it'd be pretty ridiculous to assume he just guessed it.

Either the image is fake or the leak is legit

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>Popular in the indie scene
>Has moveset potential
>Is cute
Yup, she's in.
SHREK ALSO HAS HISTORY WITH NINTENDO HIS GAMES WERE ON NINTENDO CONSOLES HE'S BASICALLY IN!!!
OMG AND HE'S GOT SO MUCH MOVESET POTENTIAL HE CAN SUMMON DONKEY AND EVERYTHING HE'S A LOCK

Also those colors lighting and shading do not match up with the chairs.
Also you're greatly overestimating her requests in the Ballot.

Also she's 16 LOL

wow bro it's just a prank man
Well stop saying that BS.

Last edited:

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
Regarding that Goku and Naruto, people be talking about here, I've reported to Toei about their illegal uses in Super Smash Flash 2.:chuckle:

Very sry, I promise I'll just post here once. Thank you very much.:bee:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I only mentioned, the perfect echo from Zelda. Not for Zelda.
I also agree with Impa being the Sheik echo, that I've known for a long time, and felt it was obvious enough to leave out.
Hilda was mentioned only to be the second echo that I'd be ok with, and she would obviously be for Zelda. :)
Ah, I see now. The problem was due to thinking you meant Zelda the character (from Zelda still works in that regard since, an Echo can be said to come from a character) and I hadn't seen many saying echoes from a series rather then singular characters.
No, no, no, that'd be stupid.

That's like making Cthulhu a boss fight.
The point is, you can't just put a baseball bat to Giygas's head and expect to win, because he's a goddamn cosmic horror.
True enough, but Giygas in EarthBound Beginnings had a physical form that Mewtwo was said to be based on. Its not like Smash is super accurate anyway..like can you really imagine a fitness trainer, normal villager, or hunting dog really take out Count Dracula?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
all this talk made me remember back in 15th december of 2008 when someone posted a leak that sakurai was going to add Ridley, K.rool, Simon Belmont, maybe Richter (he wasn't 100% sure) Dark Samus (as a superclone he said that time) and Inklings, (we obviously didn't got the slightest idea who inkling was back then) and said that they were also adding Mighty the armadillo as cross promotion and Banjo and Kazooie.

I mean, he evn got the stage morph feature right, and wrote a huge description explaining the new "spirits" mode (people didn't believe him back then because spirits was hell of a strange name) ye, what a strange leak that was, and now looks like is coming real! too bad i didn't took a screenshot back then.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
But again I ask, if verification that it ever existed is needed, shouldn't we ask the mods of the forum?

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
If he got Ritcher WITH Simon, K. Rool, Dracula, and Multi Stage transitions it'd be pretty ridiculous to assume he just guessed it.

Either the image is fake or the leak is legit
You can choose not to believe me, I'm telling you it was real, and people are confirming the post is real on the 4chan thread as we speak.

The legitimacy of the leak is still in question, but I think it's real.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Regarding that Goku and Naruto, people be talking about here, I've reported to Toei about their illegal uses in Super Smash Flash 2.:chuckle:

:"( :"( RIP SSF2...was good while it lasted...bless...godspeed...it's over TheSoraKid boomed them...

Chrono.

It's time. Are you guys on team fake or team real?
Team wait and see what happens.

There's no way to verify the post and the entire thread seems to have been wiped out (pretty convenient.) But I'm not gonna toss it out as a bunch of hoopla yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Legit question, if everything visual from Smash Ultimate has been hidden so well for the entire development... why would ANYONE believe visual leaks at the moment? They realize that would mean someone would have had to have stolen a build from Nintendo right? Otherwise all the other stuff we got so far would have had visual leaks beforehand. They have to know they're not getting screenshots like these from inside Nintendo, as you can bet your sweet bippy Nintendo employees aren't left alone with confidential stuff like this. And there are some Nintendo employees that don't even know who is in Smash Bros yet and find out basically the same time as everyone else (maybe find out like right before the Direct airs because they watch it for errors) but it's a specific team that works on Smash Bros; so the chance of ANYONE leaking visuals is extremely low because Nintendo will likely know who it is right away because there are so few people who know the whole roster at this time.
Exactly. As KMDP KMDP 's joke post in my sig says, it's entirely possible that individual employees have been each working on a character in secret, to prevent any leaks.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Honestly I hope the "clothes match the color of the chairs" becomes a full on meme. Because while I half expect Skull Kid, that line of argument is just hilariously bad to me.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyone else interested about how SSF2 got Rayman before Smash? They also have Krystal and Simon (yeah, but not the original design) as playable characters.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

SSF2 yeeted on by TheSoraKid

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
SHREK ALSO HAS HISTORY WITH NINTENDO HIS GAMES WERE ON NINTENDO CONSOLES HE'S BASICALLY IN!!!
OMG AND HE'S GOT SO MUCH MOVESET POTENTIAL HE CAN SUMMON DONKEY AND EVERYTHING HE'S A LOCK

Also those colors lighting and shading do not match up with the chairs.
Also you're greatly overestimating her requests in the Ballot.

Also she's 16 LOL

Well stop saying that BS.
I still think she’s cute, but more like in the adorable kitten sense than anything else.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Anyone else interested about how SSF2 got Rayman before Smash? They also have Krystal and Simon (yeah, but not the original design) as playable characters.
Because it's a fan game that doesn't have to go through licensing issues.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
>Prays for her soul after being knocked down at the hands of Metal Face.

We got her boys:
7310435C-2E08-4C99-B140-92583C6FE811.jpeg

(This was a good joke)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I still think she’s cute, but more like in the adorable kitten sense than anything else.
As said before it's just my duty to boom IGuessItsOver whenever possible

I hope that was a prank bro

Yeah, and she's still cute.
I hope you realize how spotty your logic is and also that you just threw the rest of my points out of the window?
It's no good to hype yourself up like this man. This is for your own good.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>Popular among both the indie scene and the Smash community
>Has moveset potential
>Is cute
Yup, she's in.