• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
mother two bosses.png

Coming soon: the Smash community assigns bosses to slots.

In all seriousness, nothing against Giygas, he just strikes me as an odd choice considering that you "can't even comprehend his attacks". He'd be cool but I'm just not sure how representative he'd be if they had to make up a lot of stuff. Also, a bossfight from Mother 1/2 would stick out like a sore thumb compared to the iconic stuff we've seen like Rathalos and Dracula.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Regarding that Goku and Naruto, people be talking about here, I've reported to Toei about their illegal uses in Super Smash Flash 2.:chuckle:

Very sry, I promise I'll just post here once. Thank you very much.:bee:
I'm sure this will work out amazingly for you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno if I trust this leak, this could just be inspect element buffoonery, but I wanna see how Sakurai could pull off a Giygas boss fight.
And I don't mean bootleg Mewtwo Giygas, I mean full screen, eldritch horror, **** scene reference, making kids piss in their pants since the mid 90s Giygas.
he takes up the whole screen, and you literally can't comprehend his attacks.

Last edited:

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
Oh poopie, I made a mistake!:)

I meant to say Goku and Luffy, cuz who the heck is Naruto anyways?:estatic:

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Prob not getting any substantial leaks until maybe before the final direct for Smash Ult.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Because it's a fan game that doesn't have to go through licensing issues.
Well yeah, that's obvious. My point is, if Nintendo didn't have problems allowing those characters to be playable, would Sakurai still have not made them playable?

I'm not even sure there are any difficulties, but I would like to be proven wrong there.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Well yeah, that's obvious. My point is, if Nintendo didn't have problems allowing those characters to be playable, would Sakurai still have not made them playable?

I'm not even sure there are any difficulties, but I would like to be proven wrong there.
That's asking for someone to figure out how that madman's brain even works, which is impossible.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm just curious to see how Giygas would look in-game.

Would they go full on horrifying HD 3D or would they give him the Nightmare treatment of a JPG.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Watch the salt that happens when Gothitelle is announced for Smash over Incineroar lmao.

You can choose not to believe me, I'm telling you it was real, and people are confirming the post is real on the 4chan thread as we speak.

The legitimacy of the leak is still in question, but I think it's real.
Probably the most credible leak i've seen in the last weeks...

Edit: I think it deserves more investigation imo

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
>Indie character
Shovel Knight got in so not an argument
>no evidence for ballot claims
Meh
>literally any character in existence has "moveset potential"
Punching bag for Smash when?!!
>Minecraft and Touhou existing
I can't argue against Minecraft, but Touhou? No one knows about that outside of Japan

I'LL DEFEND SHANTAE AGAINST ANYONE WHO OPPOSES HER
COME AT ME

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's asking for someone to figure out how that madman's brain even works, which is impossible.
There's a galaxy in there. If you want to find the juicy information, it would take you 10 billion light years to find it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight got in so not an argument

Meh

I can't argue against Minecraft, but Touhou? No one knows about that outside of Japan

I'LL DEFEND SHANTAE AGAINST ANYONE WHO OPPOSES HER
COME AT ME
Got in as an assist trophy. Also punching bag has a moveset look at the recently departed SSF2.
Also the Touhou point is bait.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Is there legit anyways to contact the mods on the Jeux site?

Like beyond anons "confirming" for us, I think it'd be nice to have a someone just legit tell us "yeah I nuked that post"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Regarding that Goku and Naruto, people be talking about here, I've reported to Toei about their illegal uses in Super Smash Flash 2.:chuckle:

Very sry, I promise I'll just post here once. Thank you very much.:bee:
People like this is why we can't have nice things. :glare:

Wait wait wait

What did I miss?
People suddenly dogpiling on Shantae, French fake leakers, and an user telling on the SSF2 staff over Toei characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like Shantae but a lot of the support she has these days reflects poorly on her fanbase.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean Gardevoir is one of the more popular Pokémon so maybe Sakurai saw it in himself to promote her as a result especially after she made an appearance in a fighting game?

Also Gen 3 representation is a plus.

Gothitelle though I can’t really wrap my head around, maybe she would be an Echo because she’s so easy to program over Gardevoir and would be easy Gen 5 representation unlike Zoroark which would likely take a lot of resources.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Wait wait wait

What did I miss?
Got a new potential leak on a french website. Correctly said Simon, Richter, K. Rool, and Chrom would be in during July. Supposedly the post got wiped and the user was banned after someone snagged a screenshot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
silly me i forgot the rest of the post

In the words of you, "not an argument".

IDK, Sandbag hasn't been see around a lot.

Damn I didn't know I lived in Japan now. Touhou's audience in the West is niche. But in Japan? That's a really big audience. You can't deny that Sakurai is at least tending to his homeland for convenience sake. He's even timing directs specifically for that audience now.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it would be another way for Sakurai to make the impossible, possible.

A boss character has incomprehensible attacks? Damn it, we'll find a way to make them comprehensible.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
This one seems like a big deal to me.

Keep an eye on it.

It got Richter and Simon together though, alongside Dracula as a boss and Stage Switch, one of the least safe guesses ever.

This one seems to be the real deal.
dude, there is no doubt this leak is real IF This was posted at that date.

Stage morph is a hard predict. what is in doubt is teh authenticity of the claim that this was posted on that date. and until qe have a reliable way to confirm it, is as good as fake ._.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait

What did I miss?

Another leak

Translation

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

Another one that got Ritcher correct before the direct even aired

The only problem with this leak is

Isabelle, shadow, geno and probably skull kid is missing in this one

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean Gardevoir is one of the more popular Pokémon so maybe Sakurai saw it in himself to promote her as a result especially after she made an appearance in a fighting game?

Also Gen 3 representation is a plus.

Gothitelle though I can’t really wrap my head around, maybe she would be an Echo because she’s so easy to program over Gardevoir and would be easy Gen 5 representation unlike Zoroark which would likely take a lot of resources.
If Sakurai cared about representing gens fairly we wouldn't have over 5 Gen 1 characters
I doubt he really cares about the last Gen on the NINTENDO DS.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
dude, there is no doubt this leak is real IF This was posted at that date.

Stage morph is a hard predict. what is in doubt is teh authenticity of the claim that this was posted on that date. and until qe have a reliable way to confirm it, is as good as fake ._.
I keep asking if we should contact to mods of that site as likely the most/only reliable way to really confirm or deconfirm it but nobody seems to really care :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom