• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
To be honest, I never liked the idea of them being playable. I just can't see them being fighters.
Tbh same, which is why I’m kind of morbidly interested in them getting in

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Richter and Chrom are two big points in the leaker's favor. Richter was on literally no one's radar and Chrom was seen as an impossibility.

Also going to say that leakers only say what they know. This guy not listing Dark Samus, or Ken like we're all predicting, isn't a jab at his credibility. If he said "Dark Samus is an AT", then that would be a problem. No one stopped believing Gematsu when they didn't say Rosalina.
Stage morph and a Dracula boss fight would be more in their favor. We had no idea these features would even be in the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom an impossibility? Literally the first thing when echo fighters were revealed I was like “Chrom’s gonna be playable”.
I thought of Shadow, Octolings, Celica and Ken...we had different first thoughts on echo possibilities
Personally, I expected Chrom after E3.

So much evidence like Ike losing his Chrom alt, Robin's Final Smash not being shown off, Roy/Ike not having Echoes and Chrom fitting them, the mii costume likely as consolation for doing well in the ballot, it just made sense.

Richter couldn't really be guessed but Gothitelle happened soooo
You are the first person I’ve seen/read/...stalked who thought of Roy as someone Chrom could copy (I was strictly Ike when he was confirmed...well that and Viridi’s ***** before the confirmation)
Yeah I'm gonna watch the Adventure Time finale so y'all just let me know when you bust this leak thanks gang
Imma bet Jake or Princess Bubblegum will be the one who makes a huge sacrifice (no deaths though...cause no to any of them dying)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Google is telling me about this Greninja guy in Smash 4 but I'm not gonna believe him for a second
You know it just occurred to me, there was something that Greninja guy didn’t have when he was included.

I think it was called a Ballot, let me check and see if that’s the case.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Taking that """"leak"""" with grainS of salt right now. We'll probably get a clear answer tonight on the legitimacy of the post. Even then, I'll only believe it when I see it.

Hoping it is true for sexy Black Shadow in Smash. A F-Zero character that isn't Falcon playable for the first time in a decade and a 2nd character after two decades of wait. It must all come to an end.
Ya’ll are honestly very humble about this. I’m kinda jealous, I’d still be mad if it was only Black Shadow in Smash, especially since we’ve seen newcomer bombs for some franchises.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know it just occurred to me, there was something that Greninja guy didn’t have when he was included.

I think it was called a Ballot, let me check and see if that’s the case.
I forgot how much of a front-runner Simon Belmont was...
Yes, this game is pretty based around the Ballot, but it's not wise to believe every single character will be top 10 Ballot picks.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I did like him but now I've seen his weird camel feet I'm not so sure anymore
He is suposed to resemble a bull. You knew that, right?

You're getting a bit desperate there buddy, also there's no such thing as stealing a spot and Shantae being a Zelda echo makes no sense.

As long as Marco is a Capt. Falcon echo with her
Marco Rossi, right? From Metal Slug?

Rossi.png

Marco Rossi, the SNK represent we did not know we needed.

Imagine if during the next Nintendo direct, they show off one new character, one that no one expected, so everybody becomes even more tense about their most wanted’s. (Plus, it doesn’t deconfirm anything from Loz’s or Verge’s leaks)
He's tall. He's Yellow. He's first Party with a unique gimmick.
He's name is Doshin the Giant.

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, this, yet again, doesn't really 'conflict' with Vergeben or Loz either, which is odd, since this person didn't know about Dark Samus.

IF these guys are legit, counting all 3 here, this feels like Brawl days where people only knew parts of the roster.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ya’ll are honestly very humble about this. I’m kinda jealous, I’d still be mad if it was only Black Shadow in Smash, especially since we’ve seen newcomer bombs for some franchises.
Beggars can't be chooses and outside of Falcon, Goroh, Black Shadow, and Jody Summer most non-F-Zero fans won't know a single character from it. Maybe a few know Pico and Dr. Stewart but eh.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
He is suposed to resemble a bull. You knew that, right?
No, it’s not really obvious unless you see the feet, the horns are the only other thing there and they could easily be devil-like horns just to make him look more evil

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Beggars can't be chooses and outside of Falcon, Goroh, Black Shadow, and Jody Summer most non-F-Zero fans won't know a single character from it. Maybe a few know Pico and Dr. Stewart but eh.
Actually it’s less than that. It’s just Falcon, Goroh, and Black Shadow. I’d think that it’s not a time to pick popular characters, but ones that would reinvigorate the series again. Did anybody know who Ike was when Brawl came out???

D

Deleted member

I feel like there was a larger jump than usual since the last time I was here. What's this about a jeuxvideo leak and Pokemon the Movie 16: Gothitelle's Revenge?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Actually it’s less than that. It’s just Falcon, Goroh, and Black Shadow. I’d think that it’s not a time to pick popular characters, but ones that would reinvigorate the series again. Did anybody know who Ike was when Brawl came out???
Ike didn't reinvigorate the series, though.
Took Awakening for that to happen.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I forgot how much of a front-runner Simon Belmont was...
Yes, this game is pretty based around the Ballot, but it's not wise to believe every single character will be top 10 Ballot picks.
I mean yes, Simon and Castlevania-related content was obviously not based from the Ballot judging from the amount of content it got in the game and Sakurai’s comments, but it at least existed during the Ballot era so people would have been able to vote for it. Gen 7 didn’t have that distinction.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean yes, Simon and Castlevania-related content was obviously not based from the Ballot judging from the amount of content it got in the game and Sakurai’s comments, but it at least existed during the Ballot era so people would have been able to vote for it. Gen 7 didn’t have that distinction.
Understandable POV and I think we're really just gonna have to wait and see.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You, I like you.
And you seem to love Doshin too.
I mean, he is only getting too big with too much love.

No, it’s not really obvious unless you see the feet, the horns are the only other thing there and they could easily be devil-like horns just to make him look more evil
He's machine in game is called; "Black Bull"
It's supose to be power.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Okay so, we NEED to try to discern if this post is legit or not.

If it IS, then yes, I'm willing to put a lot of stock in it, personally.

Richter WITH Simon and Stage Morph IS a big deal IMO.
And people already explained

It doesn’t necessary get decofirmed from Dark Samus not in there that could be info not know

It’s weird to me people find this more creditable than the Gardevoir leak now I’m really guessing they just don’t like the idea of Gothitelle as playable

I say my only problem is gigyas for a boss

Do you see a physical form of gigyas in this...I don’t think so

How do you fight this in smash bros you know praying is not a attack

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah he had two games on Wii. Ike certainly wasn't a nobody, but wasn't part of the elite requests.

Nobody can really strike interest in the series if Falcon can't. I guess Black Shadow has a similarity with Batman in design which will make people curious about what kind of world F-Zero is like. Any other F-Zero character would be a little random at this time.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, I agree with that sentiment.
Good talk my friend!

I feel like there was a larger jump than usual since the last time I was here. What's this about a jeuxvideo leak and Pokemon the Movie 16: Gothitelle's Revenge?
Oh yeah Gothitelle's confirmed.

It doesn’t necessary get decofirmed from Dark Samus not in there that could be info not know

It’s weird to me people find this more creditable than the Gardevoir leak now I’m really guessing they just don’t like the idea of Gothitelle as playable

One of these leaks confirmed Simon.
ONE EXPLICITLY DECONFIRMED HIM.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Black Shadow is the point I find the most interesting.

This ties back into the question of "Why is the Mute City stage from 3DS called Mute City(SNES) and not just Mute City?"

As weird as it is, is it possible they were holding back the OG Mute City to be shown alongside Black Shadow?

This sounds absolutely crazy now that I saw it out loud to be honest.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For the Jeux Video "leak", there's always the possibility it was edited, so there's really no way of verifying it unless we could find an archive. And there's really not that many WTF elements to verify it with an upcoming Direct, aside from maybe Black Shadow (still not that crazy) or Giygas showing up. In the end, it doesn't say much that we currently didn't already know, expect, or could have guessed. So *yawn*

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
You, I like you.
And you seem to love Doshin too.
I mean, he is only getting too big with too much love.

He's machine in game is called; "Black Bull"
It's supose to be power.
Oh fair enough, if I’d played f-zero I guess it would be more obvious :urg:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
The screenshot I shared was faked - it looked similar to what I saw, as I said before I did not take any myself, but it looked the same.

Hoping the administrators can sort that whole thing out and provide closure

Edit: Before people mistakenly attack me, I did not fake the screenshot - someone else faked it and I posted it because it looked like what I saw. The post was definitely there.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Gardevoir leak said Richter was in over Simon.

This said BOTH of them while also calling Stage Morph.

Pretty big difference IMO.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't know what I like more, the amount of people who pray more than Simon or Duck Hunt's tier.
The Belmonts don't need to pray all that much, they have all the tools they need to put their prayers to action.

And you look me in the eyes and tell me that dog wouldn't heal Gigyas and then laugh at you with that **** eating grin.

Chrono.

Black Shadow is the point I find the most interesting.

This ties back into the question of "Why is the Mute City stage from 3DS called Mute City(SNES) and not just Mute City?"

As weird as it is, is it possible they were holding back the OG Mute City to be shown alongside Black Shadow?

This sounds absolutely crazy now that I saw it out loud to be honest.
Would fit since Black Shadow came in X, which is what that Mute City takes from.

Worth a thought.

Meh, if that leak is true someone should talk about it earlier. Richter and stage morph are serious hits and we know about it one month later.
Good point. But Jeuxvideos.com is not as active as smashboards and even less active about smash related news/smash leaks and based on this other screenshot...

... 2 people responded 'Osef' which means 'On s'en fou' which means 'doesn't give a damn' on the same date the post was made (July 12)

Then someone responded today (the post was allegedly bumped as Taco Cruise Taco Cruise stated) ''Attends, putain mais ce mec avait raison en fait'' which means ''damn, this guy was right in fact''.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

You sure about that? It’s the only attack anyone ever uses when I hit up For Glory MM-HMM ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do my eyes deceive me or am I seeing the "datamined demo build" being discussed yet again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom