• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Oh fair enough, if I’d played f-zero I guess it would be more obvious :urg:
That's fine. I don't judge you. A lot of people around here haven't played much F-Zero.
That's why they don't really know what an badass Black Shadow is.

He's more a bullman than a batman, for the jokes out there.
Also, he performs Black Magic, and is just as fast (if not faster) than Captain Falcon. (outside the vehicle too)

Black Shadow has a lot of misconceptions because of his looks.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Good point. But Jeuxvideos.com is not as active as smashboards and even less active about smash related news/smash leaks and based on this other screenshot...

... 2 people responded 'Osef' which means 'On s'en fou' which means 'doesn't give a damn' on the same date the post was made (July 12)

Then someone responded today (the post was allegedly bumped as Taco Cruise Taco Cruise stated) ''Attends, putain mais ce mec avait raison en fait'' which means ''damn, this guy was right in fact''.
The real proof will be asking LampeDynamo is he indeed posted that recently. That is the most surefire way to know. Surely that account is not also banned?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Dude thought I was from Nintendo and was looking for a lawsuit lmao. For what it's worth, this specific mod says it's likely real, but we won't know till he shows it to the guy that... well knows.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
For the Jeux Video "leak", there's always the possibility it was edited, so there's really no way of verifying it unless we could find an archive. And there's really not that many WTF elements to verify it with an upcoming Direct, aside from maybe Black Shadow (still not that crazy) or Giygas showing up. In the end, it doesn't say much that we currently didn't already know, expect, or could have guessed. So *yawn*
Speak for yourself. I certainly didn't expect Simon AND Richter or stage morphing. I wouldn't have believed that for a second.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow is the point I find the most interesting.

This ties back into the question of "Why is the Mute City stage from 3DS called Mute City(SNES) and not just Mute City?"

As weird as it is, is it possible they were holding back the OG Mute City to be shown alongside Black Shadow?

This sounds absolutely crazy now that I saw it out loud to be honest.
Or perhaps an all new Mute City stage? That'd be sick.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
And people already explained

It doesn’t necessary get decofirmed from Dark Samus not in there that could be info not know

It’s weird to me people find this more creditable than the Gardevoir leak now I’m really guessing they just don’t like the idea of Gothitelle as playable

I say my only problem is gigyas for a boss

Do you see a physical form of gigyas in this...I don’t think so

How do you fight this in smash bros you know praying is not a attack
1. Gothitelle leak said no Simon. This has both.
2. The story behind the Gothitelle leak is too farfetched to believe with how the information was obtained.
3. The character internal files use the wrong format from the normal Smash format.

Mother 1 Gigyas could be the boss. We got Rathalos without Monster Hunter so we could get Gigyas without Ninten.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
More fake leaks?

I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t even care anymore. Whoever’s in is already in at this point, and it seems that all of these are just rehashing and piggybacking off of each other.

I’m hoping that we get some official news soon.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
That's fine. I don't judge you. A lot of people around here haven't played much F-Zero.

Also, he performs Black Magic, and is just as fast (if not faster) than Captain Falcon. (outside the vehicle too)

Despite not playing f zero I’ve wanted him in for a while, because I feel like f zero should have another rep and that rep being a villain is pretty cool, he sounds even better than I thought, I hope he gets in!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also just gonna say, if we get Gardevoir then I have complete fate that the amount of fan art is gonna go up...

Like a ton...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
More fake leaks?

I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t even care anymore. Whoever’s in is already in at this point, and it seems that all of these are just rehashing and piggybacking off of each other.

I’m hoping that we get some official news soon.
Well this one is interesting though

This one got
Simon and Ritcher correct

Chrom correct

K. Rool correct

And stage morph

All said July 12th

And black shadow could be likely with the whole mute city SNES instead of just mute city and to keep Falcondorf alive since ganondorf is at long last exiting echo of captain falcon status

Last edited:
The real proof will be asking LampeDynamo is he indeed posted that recently. That is the most surefire way to know. Surely that account is not also banned?
Good idea, i'll try to contact this LampeDynamo guy. I don't think he would be banned for bumping a thread from someone who has been banned...

Edit:

The jeuxvideo leak is fake guys. The 2 images posted have syntax differences between both sources, meaning the images were doctored.

Edit: Here: http://i.4cdn.org/v/1536010353493.png?__cf_waf_tk__=105420002TJ-XVZtm07FP7GhMg2JxUVliq80
I'll try and contact the guy anyway just to be sure...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So it's already been deemed fake?

Awww, man.
This person has your true answer:

This only means the one screenshot was doctored, the post is still real, the screenshot was faked, as I said. The leak is still alive.
So in actuality, we still don't know I guess, but this hurts it.

Edit: to those quoting me saying it's not true, I understand that the original may still be real, but we won't know until DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon can verify for us or if someone else can see if the users on the site that were part of the original "leak" to begin with. Until then treat it skepticism.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
So it's already been deemed fake?

Awww, man.
It is not fake, nobody has any critical thought any more. Someone faked the screenshot to try and prove it right on 4chan (which I stupidly shared because it looked like what I saw). The original post is real just gone.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Good idea, i'll try to contact this LampeDynamo guy. I don't think he would be banned for bumping a thread from someone who has been banned...
One step ahead of you buddy.
Not necessarily. One may be fake while the other could be real.

I've messaged the three users in the PC screenshot to confirm the validity of the post. We'll know if this is true soon enough.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
About that, well, he is a French user, right? But maybe it's still real, and it could be because he doesn't know a lot of French, or that he is just using his writing style.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

It does feel like Black Shadow will be an Echo imo. F-Zero does have some other supplementary villains, so it doesn't mean that Black Shadow could be the only one. I did say that Deathborn feels like he would be a newcomer if this is the case, but also Zoda or Don Genie could take over that role.

Shroob

Sup?
My question is:

Would Black Shadow 'work' as a Falcon Echo?

Hear me out here:

I imagine that the thought process behind choosing Black Shadow would be to replicate what Ganondorf used to be pre-sword, since the 'old' Ganondorf is now gone basically.

So would he be a Falcon Echo that plays like Melee-Falcon, thus making him slower, which would be a first for an Echo;

Or would he be a Ganondorf Echo with different A moves?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Calling it. If this becomes the new leak to watch out for, people will start saying stage morph was a safe guess.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Belmonts don't need to pray all that much, they have all the tools they need to put their prayers to action.

And you look me in the eyes and tell me that dog wouldn't heal Gigyas and then laugh at you with that **** eating grin.
I feel like that would give the Belmonts some kind of passive prayer bonus. Idunno, would God house rule that? He is the DM after all

and no you're right I just never realized it.
10/10 would love to see Duck Hunt be one of the story's antagonists

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Speak for yourself. I certainly didn't expect Simon AND Richter or stage morphing. I wouldn't have believed that for a second.
It's why I specified "currently". I'm saying we have no way of knowing if this was posted prior to the August Direct, so the only thing we could verify (outside of finding out it was doctored, or archived) is verifying the info left to be revealed--which isn't much.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think that if there's a Giygas fight, it would not in the "Mewtwo form."
Earthbound Gyigas is more famous and interesting in almost every single way. They must emulate the same background and make a hell of weird attacks like crazy windboxes, reversing controls, starting to take damage per second and other crazy stuff. I never played Mother 3 but I think the concept/art of the Masked Man is so cool. It's like fusion of Meta Knight + Ness.
Maybe Earthbound is just a great series to take bosses from.
My favorite series is Dk, but with K.Rool being playable I can't see another good villain making an appearance.
The same with Pokemon, who could show up ? We already have a playable Mewtwo. So it would be hard to balance franchises bosses in a "story mode". Zelda and Kirby have a lot of good ones, I'd like to see Demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom