• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Man, who even ARE my most wanted at this point? So many of my "most wanteds" have been confirmed!

Rayman
Elma
Karate Joe
Erdrick
Spring Man
Tails
Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Most Wanted:
Dante
Ryu Hayabusa
Zero (deconfirmed)
Knuckles (deconfirmed)
Spyro
Amateratsu

Maybe at this point I should ask for obscure Nintendo characters that haven't had a game in more than half a decade like every one else.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So people can't disprove the jeuxvideo possible leak/rumor yet. Some jeuxvideo users are asking the users apparently in the thread (who aren't banned) to see if it's legit

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Sakurai cared about representing gens fairly we wouldn't have over 5 Gen 1 characters
I doubt he really cares about the last Gen on the NINTENDO DS.
It’s literally the only reason I could see him going for Gothitelle, she’s not very popular or promoted by TPC, so him choosing her for Gen 5 content and because she’d be so easy to make is the most logical reason I can think of.

Why else would he add Gothitelle, literally why?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It’s literally the only reason I could see him going for Gothitelle, she’s not very popular or promoted by TPC, so him choosing her for Gen 5 content and because she’d be so easy to make is the most logical reason I can think of.

Why else would he add Gothitelle, literally why?
Unfortunately, Tougon has confirmed Gothitelle's in the game so i suppose that's the reason Sakurai went with

Chrono.

regarding the leak, i'm on team real if we can find the post and confirm that it existed. any leaker that got simon and richter correct is probably legit.
It's Stage Morph that puts it over the edge for me (well Richter helps a lot).

That's not really a concept the average joe shmoe would come up for a leak.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
If gothitelle gets in I’m going to main her just to annoy people

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
regarding the leak, i'm on team real if we can find the post and confirm that it existed. any leaker that got simon and richter correct is probably legit.
You're never gonna find the post because apparently it and the user got nuked.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The Gen 7 content is probably bait lol, the game is based on fan favorites making it into the game so for a Pokémon Sakurai probably chose a character from a previous Gen because Gen 7 wasn’t a thing during the Ballot lol.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The Gen 7 content is probably bait lol, the game is based on fan favorites making it into the game so for a Pokémon Sakurai probably chose a character from a previous Gen because Gen 7 wasn’t a thing during the Ballot lol.
Google is telling me about this Greninja guy in Smash 4 but I'm not gonna believe him for a second

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Meh, if that leak is true someone should talk about it earlier. Richter and stage morph are serious hits and we know about it one month later.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I don't believe text leaks anymore.

Anonymous posting, inspect element, editing, etc. just make them too volatile. If we can actually prove that this post existed on July 12th, I'd believe it, but right now there are too many unknowns.

Chrono.

Anonymous posting, inspect element, editing, etc. just make them too volatile. If we can actually prove that this post existed on July 12th, I'd believe it, but right now there are too many unknowns.
And this is also true.

It's too much of a wild card right now.

I agree with the "contact the mods" idea someone had.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Richter and Chrom are two big points in the leaker's favor. Richter was on literally no one's radar and Chrom was seen as an impossibility.

Also going to say that leakers only say what they know. This guy not listing Dark Samus, or Ken like we're all predicting, isn't a jab at his credibility. If he said "Dark Samus is an AT", then that would be a problem. No one stopped believing Gematsu when they didn't say Rosalina.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Imagine if during the next Nintendo direct, they show off one new character, one that no one expected, so everybody becomes even more tense about their most wanted’s. (Plus, it doesn’t deconfirm anything from Loz’s or Verge’s leaks)

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

This. The average anon has a boatload of freetime and sociopathy to match. Elaborate hoaxes happen all the time. Even with "multiple" anons parroting it doesn't mean a thing unless someone with actual confirmable credibility backs it up.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Richter and Chrom are two big points in the leaker's favor. Richter was on literally no one's radar and Chrom was seen as an impossibility.

Also going to say that leakers only say what they know. This guy not listing Dark Samus, or Ken like we're all predicting, isn't a jab at his credibility. If he said "Dark Samus is an AT", then that would be a problem. No one stopped believing Gematsu when they didn't say Rosalina.
Who told you Chrom was an impossibility for Echoes?

D

Deleted member

Gothitelle gets Shadow Tag so I think it might be a Sonic counter sense he can’t run away.

Chrono.

Chrom is someone that was widely speculated since E3 because Robin's Final Smash was never seen and the Echo Fighter concept/the idea that Sakurai was going with fan favorites (which is so far true) meant that he could revisit adding Chrom in this one.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
So what happens if the leak is actually legitimate? I'm positive it was posted on July 12th, that would mean Black Shadow is in, who is credible besides Vergeben at that point? The Toby leaker? He's the only one I recall that said Black Shadow that also got a bunch right including Ashley being an assist, Mimyku being a pokeball pokemon, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Simon

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Chrom an impossibility? Literally the first thing when echo fighters were revealed I was like “Chrom’s gonna be playable”.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Personally, I expected Chrom after E3.

So much evidence like Ike losing his Chrom alt, Robin's Final Smash not being shown off, Roy/Ike not having Echoes and Chrom fitting them, the mii costume likely as consolation for doing well in the ballot, it just made sense.

Richter couldn't really be guessed but Gothitelle happened soooo

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Shantae is next, who else is there left that still hasn't been deconfirmed
Isaac and Skull Kid are either an A.T. and a boss respectively or just not in at all
My waifu Rayman was added in Brawlhalla, hindering his chances
Banjo is trapped in the claws of Microsoft
I don't mind Geno since he's also one of my most wanted
Oh dear lord. How do you know? I’ve never cringed at any post like I have for this. At least I know people “requesting” spongebob aren’t serious.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Why not? Beating someone with that thing would the perfect way to embarrass them
To be honest, I never liked the idea of them being playable. I just can't see them being fighters.

What are you talking about?
He is just trolling you. Lol. At least 'that Pichu that does the Pizza Service' didn't fall for this.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay so, we NEED to try to discern if this post is legit or not.

If it IS, then yes, I'm willing to put a lot of stock in it, personally.

Richter WITH Simon and Stage Morph IS a big deal IMO.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Taking that """"leak"""" with grainS of salt right now. We'll probably get a clear answer tonight on the legitimacy of the post. Even then, I'll only believe it when I see it.

Hoping it is true for sexy Black Shadow in Smash. A F-Zero character that isn't Falcon playable for the first time in a decade and a 2nd character after two decades of wait. It must all come to an end.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm usually at work at this time and it's really weird seeing mostly different users than I'm used to posting. Feels like a different forum.

Anyway, French leak seems promising, but too much is up in the air. I hope we get a moderator confirm/deconfirm on authenticity of the screenshots soon. I would be happy if that one turns out to be true. The roster isn't quite there for me yet, but this would put it there.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Taking that """"leak"""" with grainS of salt right now. We'll probably get a clear answer tonight on the legitimacy of the post. Even then, I'll only believe it when I see it.

Hoping it is true for sexy Black Shadow in Smash. A F-Zero character that isn't Falcon playable for the first time in a decade and a 2nd character after two decades of wait. It must all come to an end.
What 'leak'? Enlighten me please Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom