• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this leak is legit? I'd hope it wasn't everything, but I'd absolutely love Ken and Black Shadow as echoes. Isaac is also great for his fans.
He didn't include Dark Samus for some reason so if this is legit, i guess he didn't have all the infos about newcomers.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
People have done it in the past. Pretty sure Verge edited some of his predictions when he got them wrong. That's just a prominent example.

Those are fake leaks. Not doctored predictions. A doctored prediction is a type of fake leak, but it's not one we see often.
While my memory's fuzzy, this does remind me of a "leak" that claimed to have predicted the August Direct in July, but sleuthing found that it was actually posted afterwards. Not the same, because it wasn't doctored (can't remember the trick), but still quite similar. Regardless, while it may not happen often, it is well within the realm of possibility.

EDIT: I might be getting the dates wrong, because now I think I'm referring to the "Jan 1 leak".

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Great. We've grown 900 pages again.

What did I miss?
Some guy on a French forum predicted Simon, Richter, K. Rool, Chrom, Dracula as a stage boss, and Stage Morph back in July, and in the same post he claimed Ken, Isaac, and Black Shadow are in the roster.

Chrono.

What did I miss?
Ryu is getting a Ken echo who is getting an Akuma echo who is getting a Sakura echo who is getting a Sean echo who is getting a--

**** I ran out of shotos.

EDIT: I forgot Dan, I get it guys I don't need to get quoted to oblivion pls.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I doubt KOS-MOS would be in Smash.

We’d for sure get Elma first if anyone.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Difference is Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pokémon and Donkey Kong is not dormant. I hate to say it, but it's true.
That's why, I'm just going to be madass happy if we get anything more of a playable coming from F-Zero.

Also, it is like I say. People who complain about F-Zero should not getting more content, but still want more Earthbound content can **** off. Earthbound is more dead than F-Zero. Point is; "F-Zero should atleast have their second if Earthbound should ever consider getting a third". (RIP Yoshi)

I don't know man. Is Jody Summer recognizable? I would have said Dr. Stewart and Pico maybe, because of their inclusion on the box art, and vehicle's being used in game.

Unless a new game comes back, and has Deathborn in it, I'd say Black Shadow is our best bet. This is coming from an F-Zero fan.
Soda does hold importance in the "villain" aspect of the series, but nowhere near Black Shadow or Blood Falcon.

Don Genie is an even worse example. At least Deathborn was somewhat able to unlock. The AX bullcrap aquirements for unlocking was not fun ... at all.

I like Deathborn as a character and design, but he is not cultural beloved like Skull Kid, who also is a one shot character. (As a main antagonist that is)
Earthbound literally has fan support and Mother 3 is highly requested of the NA audiance. It doesn't really matter if a series is "dead" people can still want things out of it.

Also I don't think that "Popularity" could win out in this case. Like if this was the case, Excitebike and Duck Hunt would have gotten in before Ice Climbers and Pit. Little Mac had a game before he was put into Smash Bros. Likely, there will be an F-Zero game coming out soon that they're gonna promote with this game. It's been in the talks before, but I'm certain that now's the time to pull it out.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ryu is getting a Ken echo who is getting an Akuma echo who is getting a Sakura echo who is getting a Sean echo who is getting a--

Wow, can't believe you didn't mention Dan. He's the only Echo we need.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So now Black Shadow IS in?

Ay-yi-yi... IS LOLZ18 being a contrarian about actual leaks now?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

What did I miss?
A French leak. Here's the recap:
  • Posted on July 12th
  • Got Chrom, K. Rool, Simon, and Richter correct alongside Dracula as a boss and stage shifts
  • Claims Isaac, Ken, and Black Shadow are in the game, Giygas is a boss and event matches return
  • Someone bumped the thread today and it got taken down by mods.
  • Posted to 4chan as a mobile screenshot. Someone backs it up with a PC screenshot
  • 4chan figures out that the two are different, so one is shopped.
I've messaged the three users in the PC screenshot and two returned to me saying that they posted in the thread.
Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 2.48.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.09.19 PM.png

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Uhhh....Dan? Lol

Ninjas and their speed

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

What did I miss?
Yay, you're back, Bayo- erm, Mommy! Let me fill in:

Direct happened, and even since then there has been a lot of leaks. Loz started to hide in a private Discord server, but someone betrayed him by leaking the chat history of him. Even the discord server invite link.

Then, Vergeben started to say something about Gen 7 pokemon being in, but is not Decidueye, Lyncaron or Mimikyu.

Aaaaaand finally, we had that '7 characters leak' most notably being Agnès from Bravely Default. But the one who did it was actually practising.

Shroob

Sup?
A roster of Vergeben+Loz18+This guy....

Not only would the roster be absolutely massive, but it'd be incredible.

The only issue is Loz, who contradicts this guy+Vergeben pretty hard, while this new guy doesn't contradict Vergeben at all.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd be very surprised if Black Shadow actually ended up being a thing. I'd also be very fearful because I think people would pan him for looking weird.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Well, from F-Zero there's also James McCloud, who could enter as a Fox echo.
It's funny that even Nintendo can't (or don't want) to explain how close Star Fox and F-Zero actually are.

Imagine F-Zero with three characters: Falcon, Black Shadow (Falcon clone, similar to early Falcondorf) and James McCloud (Fox echo, but with Falcon body-size).

[This is not to be taken seriously]

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The best kind of leak.

One that has some credibility but is also not spoiling the whole thing. (misses Dark Samus for instance)

Fun for the whole family!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The good part about this leak

It doesn’t necessary deconfirmed skull kid and geno

I mean after all Dark Samus is not on the leak

The best kind of leak.

One that has some credibility but is also not spoiling the whole thing. (misses Dark Samus for instance)

Fun for the whole family!
Not necessary

Dark Samus data may have not been put in when this person found this leak

The same can be said for skull kid, geno, shadow the hedgehog and Isabelle (if playable)

Last edited:

Chrono.

A roster of Vergeben+Loz18+This guy....

Not only would the roster be absolutely massive, but it'd be incredible.

The only issue is Loz, who contradicts this guy+Vergeben pretty hard, while this new guy doesn't contradict Vergeben at all.
Isn't Loz kind of a hack at this point?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It would feel gooood when RTC gave him a meagre 2.4% likelihood hehehe
Remember when Source Gaming gave Ashley and Bomberman high percents, but only gave :ultchrom: a whopping 5% (which is basically saying "hes not in")?

Untitled.png

I don't wanna roast Dustin though

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm calling fake and remaining skeptical unless a mod from JVC can confirm the existence of this thread.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh boy. I am SO confused rn
A French leak. Here's the recap:
  • Posted on July 12th
  • Got Chrom, K. Rool, Simon, and Richter correct alongside Dracula as a boss and stage shifts
  • Claims Isaac, Ken, and Black Shadow are in the game, Giygas is a boss and event matches return
  • Someone bumped the thread today and it got taken down by mods.
  • Posted to 4chan as a mobile screenshot. Someone backs it up with a PC screenshot
  • 4chan figures out that the two are different, so one is shopped.
I've messaged the three users in the PC screenshot and two returned to me saying that they posted in the thread.
View attachment 161663
View attachment 161664

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Isn't Loz kind of a hack at this point?
Even if you disregard Loz, Skull kids in game hints are pretty substantial at the moment.

If Isaac, Skull Kid, Incineroar and Geno (Verg's possible SE rep) were the final 4 uniques (if it's only 4 more), color me ****ing ecstatic for this roster.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The good part about this leak

It doesn’t necessary deconfirmed skull kid and geno

I mean after all Dark Samus is not on the leak

Not necessary

Dark Samus data may have not been put in when this person found this leak

The same can be said for skull kid, geno, shadow the hedgehog and Isabelle
He never said anybody was deconfirmed. Why is the first thing some people go for is "**** [character] ISN'T IN IT FAKE FAKE FAKE" like he said "this is the rest of the roster" instead of just saying a few characters' names?

And how does this frenchman know of the info anyway? Is he with Ubisoft?

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Shantae is next, who else is there left that still hasn't been deconfirmed
Isaac and Skull Kid are either an A.T. and a boss respectively or just not in at all
My waifu Rayman was added in Brawlhalla, hindering his chances
Banjo is trapped in the claws of Microsoft
I don't mind Geno since he's also one of my most wanted
Neither Issac or Skull Kid have been disconfirmed, and Phil Spencer, director of Xbox, is willing to put Banjo in. Geno is also more likely

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shantae is next, who else is there left that still hasn't been deconfirmed
Isaac and Skull Kid are either an A.T. and a boss respectively or just not in at all
My waifu Rayman was added in Brawlhalla, hindering his chances
Banjo is trapped in the claws of Microsoft
I don't mind Geno since he's also one of my most wanted
Rayman being in an Ubisoft game hinders his chances in Smash? That’s a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom