• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like that would give the Belmonts some kind of passive prayer bonus. Idunno, would God house rule that? He is the DM after all

and no you're right I just never realized it.
10/10 would love to see Duck Hunt be one of the story's antagonists
Fair point. Consider the Belmonts interchangeable :V

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
My question is:

Would Black Shadow 'work' as a Falcon Echo?

Hear me out here:

I imagine that the thought process behind choosing Black Shadow would be to replicate what Ganondorf used to be pre-sword, since the 'old' Ganondorf is now gone basically.

So would he be a Falcon Echo that plays like Melee-Falcon, thus making him slower, which would be a first for an Echo;

Or would he be a Ganondorf Echo with different A moves?
Definitely a Falcon echo that harkens back to Falcondorf. I would've thought that Blood Falcon would be Falcon's Echo, but he's actually a costume.

Echo only additions seems like a consolation prize for series that just has too many fighters, I doubt that F-Zero would be done that dirty tbh.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Actually, fun question! If custom soundtracks were a feature, what songs would you fight with? However, they are NOT allowed to be video game themes
The theme song to Friends, Low Rider, and a full reel of all of Gabriel Iglesias' standup routines.

Shroob

Sup?
Definitely a Falcon echo that harkens back to Falcondorf. I would've thought that Blood Falcon would be Falcon's Echo, but he's actually a costume.

Echo only additions seems like a consolation prize for series that just has too many fighters, I doubt that F-Zero would be done that dirty tbh.
I mean, I don't think that way in regards to echoes.

I think Ken is probably one of the most likely characters at the minute, and Street Fighter literally only has Ryu.

Chrono.

I don't know the context nor do I speak French can anyone explain this new rumor to me?
Someone posted on a french forum back in July that Simon, Richter and Stage Morph were happening.

As well as Black Shadow and I think Ken and other characters I can't recall atm.

Right now we're trying to verify if the post happened at all or if it was just inspect element shenanigans.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Actually, fun question! If custom soundtracks were a feature, what songs would you fight with? However, they are NOT allowed to be video game themes
Seinfeld theme on Hanenbow.

Don't judge me.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Someone posted on a french forum back in July that Simon, Richter and Stage Morph were happening.

As well as Black Shadow and I think Ken and other characters I can't recall atm.

Right now we're trying to verify if the post happened at all or if it was just inspect element shenanigans.
Isaac, but we still can't prove it's real. We don't know if the original was doctored. We DO know the 2nd one was though

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
OK can someone tell me what this leak is saying? I'm seeing Isaac, but anything else?
Isaac, Ken and Black Shadow, as well as a Gigyas boss fight.

Also predicted Simon, Richter, Chrom, K. Rool, Dracula boss and stage morph back in July.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What kind of stupid ass question is that when there's only one correct answer?

Oh coolio. Seems standard enough but Black Shadow would mean F-Zero would finally get another character.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Whoa so it’s probably real? I don’t know whether to be happy or suspicious tbh

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
OK can someone tell me what this leak is saying? I'm seeing Isaac, but anything else?
Isaac, Black Shadow and Ken, Gigyas as a boss. The rest of the leak is already in the game. Which is the point of the leak, it apparently got everything else right.

But we can't prove it wrong or right at the moment. Leaning more towards fake though

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Ya’ll are honestly very humble about this. I’m kinda jealous, I’d still be mad if it was only Black Shadow in Smash, especially since we’ve seen newcomer bombs for some franchises.
Difference is Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pokémon and Donkey Kong is not dormant. I hate to say it, but it's true.
That's why, I'm just going to be madass happy if we get anything more of a playable coming from F-Zero.

Also, it is like I say. People who complain about F-Zero should not getting more content, but still want more Earthbound content can **** off. Earthbound is more dead than F-Zero. Point is; "F-Zero should atleast have their second if Earthbound should ever consider getting a third". (RIP Yoshi)

Beggars can't be chooses and outside of Falcon, Goroh, Black Shadow, and Jody Summer most non-F-Zero fans won't know a single character from it. Maybe a few know Pico and Dr. Stewart but eh.
I don't know man. Is Jody Summer recognizable? I would have said Dr. Stewart and Pico maybe, because of their inclusion on the box art, and vehicle's being used in game.

It does feel like Black Shadow will be an Echo imo. F-Zero does have some other supplementary villains, so it doesn't mean that Black Shadow could be the only one. I did say that Deathborn feels like he would be a newcomer if this is the case, but also Zoda or Don Genie could take over that role.
Unless a new game comes back, and has Deathborn in it, I'd say Black Shadow is our best bet. This is coming from an F-Zero fan.
Soda does hold importance in the "villain" aspect of the series, but nowhere near Black Shadow or Blood Falcon.

Don Genie is an even worse example. At least Deathborn was somewhat able to unlock. The AX bullcrap aquirements for unlocking was not fun ... at all.

I like Deathborn as a character and design, but he is not cultural beloved like Skull Kid, who also is a one shot character. (As a main antagonist that is)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Isaac seems right up there with Ridley and K. Rool for a ballot pick, and Ken is the original fighting game clone character, so it makes sense. Not terribly interested in Black Shadow but I won't mind if he's in.

Poor Zinith Zinith tho...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Is this something that has been done before? Doctoring predictions, I mean.

D

Deleted member

I don't like seeing "Show Ignored Content," and people responding to nothing. I'm canceling my Loz experiment.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So from what I understand, we need to wait for the admin to actually find the post that was deleted correct?

Props to you guys that are actually going through with this and doing all of the messaging.

If this leak is legit? I'd hope it wasn't everything, but I'd absolutely love Ken and Black Shadow as echoes. Isaac is also great for his fans.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Is this something that has been done before? Doctoring predictions, I mean.
People have done it in the past. Pretty sure Verge edited some of his predictions when he got them wrong. That's just a prominent example.
Has happened every day here for the last 3 months. There's a reason why people are always skeptical
Those are fake leaks. Not doctored predictions. A doctored prediction is a type of fake leak, but it's not one we see often.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Isaac seems right up there with Ridley and K. Rool for a ballot pick, and Ken is the original fighting game clone character, so it makes sense. Not terribly interested in Black Shadow but I won't mind if he's in.

Poor Zinith Zinith tho...
Even if this leak is false, I still believe Isaac is in tbh, not because of a leak, but because of this Reddit post from today: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...rtain_a_golden_sun/?utm_source=reddit-android

If you believe Vergeben too, then a Square rep is also coming, which may point to Geno, another highly requested character that Sakurai has wanted in since Brawl.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People have done it in the past. Pretty sure Verge edited some of his predictions when he got them wrong. That's just a prominent example.

Those are fake leaks. Not doctored predictions. A doctored prediction is a type of fake leak, but it's not one we see often.
Okay fiiiine. the January leak from last month. That was the most infamous one.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I see people (mostly on other places like Discord) trying to discredit this French leak with the classic "oh [x character] was so popular, you can't call the leak real just because someone predicted them!"

And yes, there is a small amount of merit in that counterargument, but you can't tell me that leak doesn't have merit, because it predicted Stage Morph. The feature that had basically everyone saying "I didn't know I wanted this until I had it".

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still want Wii Fit Trainer to get Just Dance Coach as an Echo Fighter.

That would be amazing and I would love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom