• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Another leak

Translation

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

Another one that got Ritcher correct before the direct even aired

The only problem with this leak is

Isabelle, shadow, geno and probably skull kid is missing in this one
I don't know what to think about this. Why is it only surfacing now? couldn't they have just edited the date to make it appear like this was before the direct?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Another leak

Translation

"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

See, now THIS is interesting because he got Ritcher and Simon.

Untouch

Smash Master
Something like this would be astronomically easy to fake, if there's no link to the post it isn't legit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It could be a Mewtwo clone but with red energy moves
No, no, no, that'd be stupid.

That's like making Cthulhu a boss fight.
The point is, you can't just put a baseball bat to Giygas's head and expect to win, because he's a goddamn cosmic horror.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Him actually getting Richter is what intrigues me the most. Not all has come to pass, but that guy is looking legit right now.

Edit: Of course that's assuming it isn't faked an edited after the fact, which it still could be.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Another leak

Translation

>Giygas as a boss

Alright, which characters know how to pray cuz those are the only ones who are gonna be able to beat him.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Not everyone had a Gamecube. And the series is pretty niche in the west, the series sales being like 80% Japan. Having many games doens't make the series recognizable if they doesn't sell that well.
global sales aren't everything. Character and series was big in japan much like shulk was pre smash.
gamecube exclusive establishes nintendo legacy and history whether a person had a gamecube or not is not the point. Becuase if i raised the counterpoint to geno as "everyone didnt have the system his game was on" i'd be torn apart.

And his series HAS sold well. the game with Llyod in it tales of Symphonia sold better in the US than it did Japan. it sold 1.1 million total.
only on smashboards will people are a seires with 16 plus entries is a niche game. niche games dont get that many entries. that doesnt factor in the other 15 games in the series. also if Lloyd was not a big character why does he have the mii costume in 4? Someone is requesting him. Every other mii costume is either predicted or expected or is already in in some way. only one i dont hear about is him.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Everyone out here having major support for their characters they want, and here I am sitting in the corner eating my paste and wanting Kalas from Baten Kaitos.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Remember that there's a theory that Nintendo may be giving mixed information on purpose to leakers. Meaning that they may have some true information and some fake information in order to know who is leaking what. Which may explain why some leakers got some things right and some other things wrong (for example Verg knowing about Simon but not knowing about Richter or he and Loz18 having conflicting information about Isabelle).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>can only defeat Giygas by praying really hard

She's in.
Untitled.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The topic of Black Shadow support reminds me, I think it's kind of funny and sad at the sane time that I've seen Ganondorf mains reflect all five stages of grief.

Anger - "Cross-series clones shouldn't be a thing! This is injustice!"
Depression- "I guess we'll never see true Ganondorf representation in Smash."
Denial - "Ganondorf hasn't been a clone since Brawl."
Bargaining - "Give Ganon's old moveset to Black Shadow! That way he can be decloned!"
Acceptance - "At least he still reflects the most important parts of his character: raw power and disrespect."

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Something like this would be astronomically easy to fake, if there's no link to the post it isn't legit.
Apparently it's real (the source is at least), someone posted another source for the page with the leak. Trying to get an actual link for it.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I saw the original post, it was taken down.

Someone took a screenshot of it and posted it in the /v/ thread about it, it was real. It is now gone. I would have screenshotted it myself but I only wanted to know if jeux video was actually real. I didn't expect the post to dissapear within a half hour.

Someone also confirmed you can only edit within 10 minutes of posting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I saw the original post, it was taken down.

Someone took a screenshot of it and posted it in the /v/ thread about it, it was real. It is now gone. I would have screenshotted it myself but I only wanted to know if jeux video was actually real. I didn't expect the post to dissapear within a half hour.

Someone also confirmed you can only edit within 10 minutes of posting.
Alright no guys it's real, Taco Cruise confirmed it, Black Shadow's on the way thank you for your service

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Remember that there's a theory that Nintendo may be giving mixed information on purpose to leakers. Meaning that they may have some true information and some fake information in order to know who is leaking what. Which may explain why some leakers got some things right and some other things wrong (for example Verg knowing about Simon but not knowing about Richter or he and Loz18 having conflicting information about Isabelle).
I have a better theory: They're both full of BS and have been the whole time.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
BUT IT GOT RICHTER!
Comon guys, lets get ready our Gothielle matchup charts!

regarding the french leak, as long as there is isn't a reliable way to really confirm the date, is as good as any other random text leak from 4chan. (Even the Steene ones).

Still, if isaac is in, i DEMAND that his name got changed to it's french name Vlad which is like, 135,6% cooler.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright can you smarter people figure out if we should freak out over this
This one seems like a big deal to me.

Keep an eye on it.
Comon guys, lets get ready our Gothielle matchup charts!

regarding the french leak, as long as there is isn't a reliable way to really confirm the date, is as good as any other random text leak from 4chan. (Even the Steene ones).

Still, if isaac is in, i DEMAND that his name got changed to it's french name Vlad which is like, 135,6% cooler.
It got Richter and Simon together though, alongside Dracula as a boss and Stage Switch, one of the least safe guesses ever.

This one seems to be the real deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom