• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
no u, also with the *sniff sniff* Rayman and Skull Kid deconfirmation, she's the only character left to be deconfirmed that ressembles Sakurai's forniture colors
Excuse me what skull kid deconfirmation

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright can you smarter people figure out if we should freak out over this
Why even bother banning text leaks.
Like, one, it's super easily reproducible, and two, no one believes them to begin with, especially not this boring asinine leak that we've seen hundreds of times already.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Lad, if Black Shadow actually makes it in the game I might die of happiness.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if that one tweet is to be true with Skull Kid being an boss rather then playable character. How would you guys and other fans react?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's really suspicious that we can't view the original "leak", isn't it?

I'm going to call BS unless those mods "uncensor" it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lad, if Black Shadow actually makes it in the game I might die of happiness.
Same. One it'd be another F-Zero rep and two yet another villain. Only thing is despite popular belief he'd work as an Echo of Falcon. He can't. Echos have to be the same height and weight structure wise. Last I checked Black Shadow is a lot bigger and heavier then Captain Falcon. So if he gets in he'll work the same way as Dr. Mario, Toon Link and Young Link does.

If anyone were to be an Echo of Falcon. It'd be Blood Falcon and apparently he's been deconfirmed due to returning as an costume.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I really hope there is a direct, watching you all tear yourselves apart over doctored images from 4chan and pseudo hints from sales blurbs is going from funny to sad. :p

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Text leaks are the easiest to fake but also the most likely leaks to actually happen. Nintendo I think has figured it out though; they have sufficiently much noise that we won't really be quite sure of which leakers were telling the truth until the game comes out... at which point they've won. It's kinda why discussing leaks, unless they have some super solid evidence, is pretty pointless.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Don't take him seriously, he's constantly trolling by taking every single leak as true and fact. He's just joking around.
Yeah I realised too late he was memeing, I always assume I've missed something due this thread moving another ten pages when i go do something

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I really hope there is a direct, watching you all tear yourselves apart over doctored images from 4chan and pseudo hints from sales blurbs is going from funny to sad. :p
Exactly, it was entertaining when they were coming constantly yesterday, but now it's just tiring, why is everyone even giving them the time of day

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Is anyone here familiar with the French video game website "Jeux Video"? Supposedly someone leaked richter, simon, stage morph on July 12th, and I'm not sure if that website is legitimate.

Claims Issac, Black Shadow, and Ken are in, and also leaked K. Rool and Chrom. No mention of Dark Samus though.
This is the first time I can tolerate a claim of Ken Masters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy isn't credible when it comes to Nintendo information.

-Guesses March direct date, get's all the contents wrong
-"Luigi's Mansion new Kingdom DLC for Mario Odyssey"

also here's a theory I had regarding Leaky and loz18 that I posted on the Skull Kid thread:

"...assuming they have actual info that they've seen / info from sources:

-Based on what loz18 said, it sounds like these scripts or whatever for directs can be confusing. It sounds like he wasn't completely sure whether K. Rool was a boss or a playable character, but he couldn't imagine a boss being revealed in the last two minutes and so he decided on K. Rool being playable

-LeakyPandy's source, on the otherhand, may have had similar info for Skull Kid in a direct script/whatever, but couldn't see him as playable and so decided on him being a boss (despite every Smash Bros. boss being 2big4smash)

So the scripts they had info from may be work-in-progress or they only had part of them, or they're just confusing in general."

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I’m probably just bitter because I hate the way both Samus’s look to be fair :(
I feel bad for you, regular samus kills me but I don't care too much about zamus' look, you feel double my pain

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
:ultmario:(9/10) Pretty much represented as much as it can be in Smash save for RPGs.
:ultlink:(8/10) Solid representation, but I feel like it suffers from FE's problem of having too much of the same thing with 3 Links. They do a good enough job and look like they're here to stay, but there's always the potential for something more.
:ultpikachu:(9/10) Almost perfect, it just suffers from over-representation of Gen 1 and nothing for 3 and 5.
:ultmarth:(7/10) While we have a large amount of content it's simply not adequate in representing the series. I'd just suggest to cut down on how much samey content there is and make new, actually unique stuff.
:ultshulk:(6/10) Has a very strong argument for getting much more. Shulk by himself is already great, but lacking any representation for the other Xeno games just feels wrong with how big the franchise has become recently.
:ultfalcon:(8/10) Could probably do with more than it has, but as it is I think it's fine.

:ultbayonetta:/:ultdk:/:ultkirby:/:ultfox:/:ultness:/:ultolimar:/:ultpit:/:ultsamus:/:ultvillager:(10/10) Perfect. Anything new would just be icing on the cake to be honest.
:ultduckhunt:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultinkling:/:ultlittlemac:/:ultgnw:/:ultrob:/:ultwiifittrainer:(10/10) There's probably nothing more you can even pull from these.
:ultcloud:/:ultmegaman:/:ultryu:/:ultsnake:/:ultsonic: (10/10) Pretty self-explanatory. 3rd parties are all really well represented.
:ultsimon:(11/10) Seriously what the **** Castlevania has it really good.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Yes, all my favorite new Third Parties who debuted in Ultimate, Sonic, Cloud, Megaman, Bayonetta, Ryu, Snake,
Shantae is next, who else is there left that still hasn't been deconfirmed
Isaac and Skull Kid are either an A.T. and a boss respectively or just not in at all
My waifu Rayman was added in Brawlhalla, hindering his chances
Banjo is trapped in the claws of Microsoft
I don't mind Geno since he's also one of my most wanted

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Sweet lord, fake leakers these days are relentless. It's starting to get a bit old though, with sooo many fake leaks every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom