• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Joe Serebii hasn't tweeted or retweeted anything related to a Direct (unless he did and deleted it?.)

I literally just checked his Twitter.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've just realized that there are almost 70 characters in this game

And people will still say they can't find a main
Well, at least I will still have Duck Hunt Dog as my main... and maybe Simon Belmont.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Remember when Spring-Man and Decidueye, two brand new characters, were on screen and all that happened was Spring-Man used his d-air?

At least Shadow is on model this time.
When was this about Spring Man and Decidueye? I haven’t seen that

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie when I say Tourney Mode will be perfect for me, as I don't have any nearby friends to play with. 31 CPUs should do at this point.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar- Would have preferred a Gen 3 pokemon, I think they wasted an opportunity to put a pokemon people actually want.
Ken- neat I guess
Isabelle- cute I guess
Geno- I guess the bandwagon paid off, I don't like him and a FF would be better.
Isaac- played his game and to be honest I don't know why people want him. Bleh
Monster Hunter- Blank Slate character? Dante would be better as a Capcom character in the game.
Lloyd- I dont care
Dixie Kong- Surprised it took this long for her to be in the game, neat I guess
Impa- Neat I guess
Skull Kid- Majora is my favorite Zelda game, but I don't like him
Black Shadow- Wow he actually got in..., neat?
Waddle dee- with so many interesting Kirby characters, they picked the most boring one. Bleh
Ninten- oh look it's another Ness! Bleh
Diskun- Who cares? Bleh
Raiden- if we're talking about his cyborg form then he would be awesome.
Big Boss- that's cool
Shadow- Of course they were going to do that...neat.
Elma- never played her game, but she looks cool.
Rex and Pyra- one of the worst designed characters ive ever seen, besides, people only care for pyra/mythra. Bleh
Jeanne- predicable at this point. meh
Spring Man- ARMS looks lame and this guy looks lame. Bleh
Wonder Red- Uh ok I guess...

I never asked for these characters and wouldn't be hype for most of them.

Chrono.

When was this about Spring Man and Decidueye? I haven’t seen that
It was a really early leak.

I think it happened in like April, maybe earlier lol.

It was a pretty well made fake, I'll give em that. But no one really bought it either.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Remember when Spring-Man and Decidueye, two brand new characters, were on screen and all that happened was Spring-Man used his b-air?

At least Shadow is on model this time.
Those were the days, back when an ARMS rep and Decidueye were regarded as top tier additions. Now it's Incineroar lol.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think Fire Emblem is overepresented and bad represented at the same time.
I agree, but I also feel the same way about Zelda. Why are all three Links the same? They have tons of potential for unique movesets (TL using Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, etc. and Young Link using the transformation masks) but instead they're shafted in order to be semi-clones. TL was added as a late addition in Brawl so it made sense he was converted into a clone, but why couldn't they change him up in later games?

And the worst part about it is that it just furthers the "3 Links" meme because they all play extremely similar. That's the main reason I want more Zelda representation, so we have more beyond Link, Zelda, Sheik Ganondorf (I appreciate Sakurai's efforts to declone him this time around).

Skull Kid and Tetra are my two picks for unique movesets that are also either important (Tetra) to Zelda lore or extremely popular (Skull Kid) to the Zelda community.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
One thing I never see people mention that I actually hope returns is trophy rush. I love 100%ing everything, so trophy rush was a cool way to collect lots of trophies fast. What do you yall think?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Impa; Being a Skull Kid supporter since Brawl, any other Zelda character were competition, and I knew Zelda had a lot of big names coming Sm4sh. Impa, Midna, Girahim, Skull Kid and Tingle. Not to mention all the toon variations. I was against Impa in the view of her not being Skull Kid. I had to choose only one, or so I've felt back then. Some years later, a little Chimp with name Diddy came around, and pushed her name down every throat, but for good reason! After watching more on the lore of Zelda, Impa, Skull Kid and Tingle are the 3 whose lacking! For different reasons, yet again. Impa is the perfect echo from Zelda. (I'd be ok with Hilda too, but come on, Impa first)
Impa would probably be an Echo of Sheik rather then Zelda, using the Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword incarnation. She is the leader of the Sheikah after all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
One thing I never see people mention that I actually hope returns is trophy rush. I love 100%ing everything, so trophy rush was a cool way to collect lots of trophies fast. What do you yall think?
I’d like a more fun way. I honestly liked that shooter thing from Brawl better, and even the lottery from Melee. At least with the lottery I could see and manipulate my odds to get a new one.

Although maybe that’s because Trophy Rush gave me a bunch of trophies I already had and custom moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've just realized that there are almost 70 characters in this game

And people will still say they can't find a main
My problem is the opposite. I love 90% of the characters in this game, and usually struggle to decide on who I want to main because of all the options.

The thought that we already have 70 and there are still more to go with the potential for DLC is insane.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Impa would probably be an Echo of Sheik rather then Zelda, using the Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword incarnation. She is the leader of the Sheikah after all.
I only mentioned, the perfect echo from Zelda. Not for Zelda.
I also agree with Impa being the Sheik echo, that I've known for a long time, and felt it was obvious enough to leave out.
Hilda was mentioned only to be the second echo that I'd be ok with, and she would obviously be for Zelda. :)

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I’d like a more fun way. I honestly liked that shooter thing from Brawl better, and even the lottery from Melee. At least with the lottery I could see and manipulate my odds to get a new one.

Although maybe that’s because Trophy Rush gave me a bunch of trophies I already had and custom moves.
Oh yeah forgot about the shooter, yeah that was way better thinking about it

Iridium

Smash Hero
My problem is the opposite. I love 90% of the characters in this game, and usually struggle to decide on who I want to main because of all the options.

The thought that we already have 70 and there are still more to go with the potential for DLC is insane.
Well, you know how many characters I like (from my signature), so I have an almost similar problem. I honestly can't help it at this point.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is my feeling as well. I feel greedy and rude even having any more wants at this point. But knowing we have any left at all is super exciting.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I was thinking other day about how this Smash have the chance of properly represent every major Nintendo franchise.
We talk a lot about representation but how do you feel each series is currently represented and what is lacking ?
That's my opinion:
  • :ultmario: (9/10): I think the only aspect that I feel lacking is about the RPG games. Inserting Paper Mario or Geno would let it perfect.
  • it also lack anything Mario Party related. the rpg at least have a subtle thing like Peach's frying pan and Paper mario has a stage.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong (echo or not), a Tropical Freeze stage, and a good, healthy variety of music from the series would make DK's Smash representation 10/10.

Iridium

Smash Hero

So, Tevlev14 on Reddit recorded every single character that has appeared in every Smash game (3DS/Wii U = 1). What do you think?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like this was all a planned raid by 4Channers to get as many fake screenshots out there as possible, like it all seems to big of a coincidence.

Also I have no idea why but this screenshot intrigues me for some reason, I kinda want to see the full thing:
9F2160A6-946A-4FF9-A695-6928F06C0190.png

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I only mentioned, the perfect echo from Zelda. Not for Zelda.
I also agree with Impa being the Sheik echo, that I've known for a long time, and felt it was obvious enough to leave out.
Hilda was mentioned only to be the second echo that I'd be ok with, and she would obviously be for Zelda. :)
I feel like, whether or not people truly like it, a reason why they made Zelda her classic aLttP look was specifically to also allow for a Hilda echo too.

Seriously, Zelda has not had decent new representation since melee. It would be awesome to get Skull Kid as a newcomer, and Hilda/Impa as Echoes for Zelda/Sheik respectively.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was thinking other day about how this Smash have the chance of properly represent every major Nintendo franchise.
We talk a lot about representation but how do you feel each series is currently represented and what is lacking ?
That's my opinion:
  • :ultmario: (9/10): I think the only aspect that I feel lacking is about the RPG games. Inserting Paper Mario or Geno would let it perfect.
  • :ultdk: (8/10) : Dixie is the unique character that I feel should be added from Donkey Kong. I love Dk, is my favorite Nintendo series, but with Dk, Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool it's done. Everything else can be assist trophy/stage element/etc.
  • :ultlink:(10/10): Personally don't see Zelda going anywhere from Link/Zelda/Ganon. I think having Toon Link and Young Link is good (not perfect, but good enough) to represent different games of TLoZ. I can see Impa, the champions of even Tingle, but don't think they are that valuable to the franchise. Smash4 did a great job adding more Zelda items.
  • :ultpikachu:(10/10): Pokemon it's also perfect IMO. It's possible to represent better the franchise if "Everyone is here" was not a thing. Since it is, it's ok the way it ended up.
  • :ultsamus: (10/10): I think it's perfect.
  • :ultfox:(10/10): I think Slippy and Peppy should appear as a cameo into some stage, but they probably will. Fox/Falco/Wolf is everything we need and it's cool tha Krystal and Andross appears as assist trophies.
  • :ultkirby: (9/10): There's space for more Kirby content but I don't personally think it must be a newcomer. I know it probably hurts some fans, but I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be better as a assist. I also want to see anything from Epic Yarn and new bosses.
  • :ultmarth: (8/10): I think Fire Emblem is overepresented and bad represented at the same time. Smash4 added a lot of Awakening/Fates era, but it still lacks good content overall. Roy/Lucina/Marth/Chrom are very similar, and every single character holds a sword. I'm sure this is completely unpopular but I want Anna or Sharena reping Fire Emblem Heroes. FEH is the most sucessful Nintendo mobile game after all. There's a lot of games and characters from Fire Emblem that could appear at some form, the way it is now is purely 3DS FE + Ike.
  • :ultvillager: (9/10): Just want a new echo fighter and Mr.Resetti as a AT again. It's great already.
  • :ultlittlemac:/:ultpit:/:ultness: (9/10): I would like to see new AT/bosses from this series.
  • :ultfalcon:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultinkling:/:ultolimar:(10/10): I don't think there's much more to milk from this. (Still want a new F-Zero game).
  • :ultmiifighters: (8/10): I don't like Mii fighters. I really dislike them. That said, it's weird there's no fourth Mii archtype, it always felt a bit lacking to me. I don't like them as a concept into Smash, but I think a lot can be done with "Wii" series, among stages, items, music. etc.
:ultmarth:: No Lyn 0/10.
Un-preordered
Boycotting
Sending 1000 page essay to Nintendo of Japan.
Summoning dragons to destroy humanity.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like, whether or not people truly like it, the reason why the made Zelda her classic aLttP look was specifically to also allow for a Hilda echo too.
I don't think they'd completely change a character's entire look just because of an echo, or else we'd be seeing Samus based on her appearance from Prime. I think they just changed Zelda's appearance because her aLttP design better matched her sparkly moveset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom